PDA

View Full Version : Of sharp and pointy things... (Sejah)

Kelt Simoson
Apr 7th, 2004, 04:03:02 PM
The council meeting had only finished a day ago and the Jedi Knight Kelt Simoson had volunteered to remove anything and all things that could likely be dangerous to ether Sejah or others within the Order and around. It was not going to be a pretty job but somone had to do it and in the case of Sejah it was better a understanding friend perfromed the action though it was just how understanding Kelt was that made what was about to happen rather awkward.

Kelt made his way from his apartment, two doors down from Sejah and Dasquian, to the door of the Mongoose. Sejah was inside, he could feel it and this being the first time the two met since Sejahs outburst in the Council room kelt did not know how he or himself would react.

Still he tapped on the door lightly and prepared himself.

tap tap

Here it goes, thought Kelt.

Sejah Haversh
Apr 7th, 2004, 04:08:19 PM
The shuffling of footpaws and the the quick press of a button were the only sounds that came from the other side of the door. When it opened, Sejah looked like a mess. His clothing was rumpled, and his headfur was in a state of disarray. Beyond him, his bed looked as if a tornado had hit it, and he was actually wearing the same clothes as the day before. Were his eyes not already pink, it would be easy to tell that he had gotten little sleep.

Stepping back a pace, the mongoose waved a paw for Kelt to enter. "C'mon in," he said unenthusiastically, a thick-banded tracking device on his wrist weighing his arm down.

It was obvious that Dasquain had already moved out, for his half of the room was completely empty.

Kelt Simoson
Apr 7th, 2004, 04:15:21 PM
' You look terrible...' Kelt said striding into the room and my god was it a mess. Kelts heart suddenly rocked within its position like somone had flicked it with a middle finger, he hated to see anyone like this let alone a friend, a good friend, a close friend.

The creatures fur was like it had not been combed in weeks and he had clearly not eaten because the Mongooses lips looked chaffed and broken as if water had not passed his mouth at all. He could not see a friend like this and even before eyeing the two swords in plain view a hand was on Sejah' shoulder and he turned to mess of a Mongoose around.

' Let me get you some water...' Kelt made a start towards the kitchenette.

Sejah Haversh
Apr 7th, 2004, 04:22:05 PM
"There's beer in the fridge, still," Sejah offered, but somehow knew that Kelt wouldn't let him have any.

Taking the water glass from his friend, the mongoose quaffed it down, then set the empty glass on the counter. Wiping the wet fur of his upper lip on the back of his paw, he sighed and leaned against the counter himself. "So, how's J'ktal? I didn't seriously injure him, did I?" he asked.

Kelt Simoson
Apr 7th, 2004, 04:27:59 PM
Concidering the moment as he stood with Sejah for a moment the Jedi Crusader gave a small line of slack and opened the fridge. The thing was empty but a beer near a few eggs. Tsking the bottle in his hands he promptly tossed it towards the Mongoose and made his way back into the disarster of a living quarters.

' Just this once...' Kelt warned giving the Padawan a fake stern looked, a secret smile hid behind the strait face, Kelt was not all that harsh on beer.

'J'ktal is fine, the bleeding has stopped and Master Ryla managed to supress it and bind it, you were lucky it was not fatal or a dear'say you would not be standing in your quarters right now, Sejah' The Knight said, watching the Mongoose pop open the bottle.

Sejah Haversh
Apr 7th, 2004, 04:33:45 PM
After taking a swig from the green bottle, Sejah replied, "Not if they knew what he's really like."

Swigging down another gulp, the Nehantite watched Kelt look around his room. "In my part of town, I'd be a hero."

Kelt Simoson
Apr 7th, 2004, 04:58:42 PM
' I do not know what to tell you Sejah, i really dont.' Kelt said throwing the Mongooses bed sheet back upon the bed from whence it came. The Knight rubbed his head and looked towards his friend, a element of sadness had come over their friendship, things never seen, hidden and now unleashed had shed something new to learn.

' You didn't have to run Sejah, we would not have let him hurt you, far from it my old friend...' Simoson said with a side smile on his lips.

Sejah Haversh
Apr 8th, 2004, 12:24:31 AM
A long silence passed between the two, Sejah finally taking another drink. "But he is going to," he said. "And the Council is going to approve of it."

Pacing to the window, he continued, "I did what I did, and I will not apologize for it. It's done and gone, and I would do it again if I had to. And I'm going to wind up at the paws of a ruthless killer for simply trying to stay alive. I know you mean well, Kelt, but I would rather die than be made to suffer that indiginity. If you let him do this to me, you have no respect for who I am."

His tone grew cold, and his pink eyes darkened as he stared straight into Kelt's own.

Kelt Simoson
Apr 8th, 2004, 04:46:12 PM
' Im confused, who said that we would let him hurt you, that is NOT what the Order is about, Sejah, and you jolly well know it' Kelt said factfully and honestly.

' We have a duty to protect you and Padawan J'ktal but that does not mean we favor ether one more than the other and it does not mean we are going to unleash him upon you to draw blood ether...' The Knight pottered about the Mongooses bedroom as he spoke picking up knocked over objects and germents.

' Believe it or not we are your friends...'

Sejah Haversh
Apr 27th, 2004, 11:24:18 PM
"I know..." Sejah replied, his voice a little hollow.

Leaning one arm against the transparisteel window pane, the mongoose stared blankly out into space. "Das already moved out for now. I feel bad for him. I should have moced to one of the empty quarters; would've saved him a lot of packing time. How many in the Order know what's going on with me and J'ktal?"

Kelt Simoson
Apr 29th, 2004, 04:39:17 PM
' We try to keep discussions within the council within those four walls so to speak but the damage to the Council rooms have not gone unnoticed nor have the injury you gave your fellow Padawan.' Kelt said honestly his voice wavering slightly as he looked into the lost eyes of the mongoose.

' Sejah...' He sat down on the bed and looked towards his friend, a feeling of doubt swept his mind, was this Mongoose really his friend, did we really know Sejah at all? 'Your one of closest friends, you can talk to me you know?'

Sejah Haversh
Apr 29th, 2004, 05:01:31 PM
Looking back at Kelt, he said, "What the hell is there to talk about?"

Finishing his beer, the mongoose asked, "What is it you want to know? Do I feel sorry for what I did to J'ktal? No, I don't. Do I think that what is going to happen to me is unfair, you bet! But do I think you all should protect me? No. I committed quite a few crimes, Kelt. And I got away for a long time. You guys shouldn't protect me just because I've been a nice guy around here, because I sure wouldn't have protected you if you had come to my place on Nehantish."

Kelt Simoson
Apr 29th, 2004, 05:30:14 PM
Kelt looked for a few moments, into the Mongooses eyes. These two, the Mongoose and the Aarcimian had been friends for a long while, trained together, ate together, shared pastimes and discussion and never never had Sejah said anything quite so pianfull and the look in the Jedi Knights eyes showed it all. It had been like whatever Kelt had felt meant nothing to Sejah at all, like it had all been a lie.

For a moment Kelt had to battle back his anger and Kelt had hardly ever been angry since he had arrived at the Jedi nearly three years previous to the day, never had he stared down a friend and never had he been stung quite so badly, Sejahs words hit home and it erupted a mixture of emotion within him.

For a moment Kelt let his gaze drop to the floor, a painfull silence filtering through the thich air. The Knight shook his head sadly after a short while and stood slowly looking about the room before setting eyes on what he was looking for, a small collection of swords and blades, this discussion was over, it was time to do what he came to do.

Sejah Haversh
Apr 29th, 2004, 05:35:24 PM
Sejah wasn't his normal self; there were too many things running through his head for that. And when Kelt didn't say anything, but instead moved towards his collection of blades, Sejah dropped the empty bottle and siezed the handle of his blunted towar scimitar.

It practically flew from its scabbard, and the brown-furred Nehantite whipped the point out and smacked the back of Kelt's hand with the flat of his blade. "What do you think you're doing?" He growled, his normally pink eyes shifting to a dangerous shade of red.

Kelt Simoson
Apr 29th, 2004, 05:39:58 PM
' I'm doing what i've been told to do, i must remove any items of danger from you...' Kelts head slowly turned to look Sejah directly in the face, his own stubble clad features stareing into that of the Mongoose. '... Now remove your blade from my hand...'

Sejah Haversh
Apr 29th, 2004, 05:42:06 PM
"Certainly," Sejah said, a murderous smile on his face as he lifted the blade from Kelt's hand, and placed the tip under his chin. "Though I don't think this is as dangerous to me as it is to you right now. If you want my blades, you're going to have to take them from me."

Kelt Simoson
Apr 29th, 2004, 05:48:28 PM
'Dont do this...' Kelt said unmoving, his eyes hard and emotionless still deep within those of the Mongooses. Sejah was no enemy, not to Kelt and he would only defend himself if he needed to and not before.

'If you wish to kill me then do so, i wont stop you. I'm here to remove items of danger from you person and posession and if you wish to kill me as im performing this duty then please, have at me, if you wish to cut a friend down, one that cares for you, then please...i wont fight back' Kelt dareingly took another step towards the mounted weaponry.

Sejah Haversh
Apr 29th, 2004, 05:52:34 PM
With a low growl, one seemign even more dangerous coming form one so animal in appearance, Sejah lowered his blade, then suddenly stepped forward and punched Kelt quare in the chest with the handguard of his sword handle.

"Get out!" he roared. "No one will take my swords from me, no one!" Twirling the blade im his paw, he held it back in a defensive stance. "If you take these away from me, you take away who I am, Kelt."

Kelt Simoson
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:01:46 PM
Kelts cloak wipped in the stale, lifeless air as Sejah punched him back towards the door, his feelings pulsating with emotions that spread across his face. First a sudden pang of anger that supressed moments after, hurt, guilt, betrayel. Kelt's own sword was across his back and for a split moment he made for it before lowering his hand in second thought.

His nautal instincts bolted through his heart, Kelt had been taught to defend himself, to coherently perform duties without fail, to complete the job so to speak. But this was oddly different, this was a friend he was arguing with not a hostile warrior, not a creature needing to be banished, a friend.

How would Kelt react if this was Dasquian rather than Sejah?

' You are displaying, right now Sejah, just exsactly why we have to take your weapons from you. Dont you see that?' Kelt said in a loud voice, not of anger, but to force the point home.

Sejah Haversh
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:11:34 PM
Sejah made mo move to change his stance or attitude. "So you wouldn't mind if someone tried to stip away your heritage then, would you?" he asked, his eyes still red. "These are hand-made swords from one of the master swordsmiths of my world. I won them in competition, and they are mine alone. You might as well ask me to give up my arms, Kelt. You cannot take them."

Kelt Simoson
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:15:10 PM
' You make it sound like i wish to have them, like i want to keep them,like im trying to steal them from you and keep them as my own' Kelt said, his face turning to a lighter, more sympathetic look.

Sejah Haversh
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:21:00 PM
Sejah's glare was ice cold as he replied, "Well, who knows when you and the rest of the Council might deem me worthy of getting them back. I thought you trusted me just a little more than this, Kelt."

He relaxed his stance a little, but still kept his grip firm on the handle of his blunted blade.

Kelt Simoson
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:26:36 PM
' I never said i did not trust you, Sejah. What i am saying is what your doing right now, within this room is slowly taking away what trust i did have in you, our friendship. Kelt said gesturing to the weilded scimitar.

' You attack me, me of all people, a friend and you wish trust of me?' Kelt shook his head and looked towards Sejahs eyes. ' How can you ask of that is such a threatning position?'

Sejah Haversh
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:30:06 PM
"If you trusted me, you wouldn't have even come here," was all Sejah replied.

Kelt Simoson
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:52:52 AM
' And if you trusted me, Sejah you would let me hold them for you till this ordeal is over.' Kelt said, turning the tables around.

Sejah Haversh
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:59:36 AM
Sejah stood still, only his red eyes looking down to the blade in his paw, then back to Kelt.

"One or the other," he said flatly. "You can take this one," he lifted the blade, "Or its brother, the edged one. You can't take both."

He was adamant. And even a Mind Trick would not be able to dissuade him from his decision.

Kelt Simoson
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:05:01 AM
Kelt ignored the gesture, he had orders to take them all.

' Do you trust Master Figrin? Do you trust his discisions? Do you respect him Sejah?' Kelt said softly looking gently into the Mongooses eyes.

Sejah Haversh
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:06:43 AM
Eyes narrowing, Sejah sheathed the edgeless blade and flung it wordlessly at Kelt.

Turning, he walked away to the second bedroom, now empty, and closed the door behind himself.

Kelt Simoson
May 13th, 2004, 06:30:51 PM
Catching the blade effotlessly he placed it withing a duffel he had been carrying over his shoulder, along with the others upon the wall.

' You did not answer my question, and that my Mongoose friend, is a empty room...' Kelt said smiling gently to himself.