PDA

View Full Version : Help with a new character

Teuton
Apr 6th, 2004, 10:59:48 PM
Just so everyone knows, I play Ka' el Darverse on this board so I'm not a total noob, but I am trying to do something with this character of mine.

Just so everyone knows, I play Ka' el Darverse on this board so I'm not a total noob, but I am trying to do something with this character of mine.

This thread is simply to give an example to Visc of my ability to right a story driven rp. The gist of the thread is this. An imperial officer with a skeleton crew has recieved orders to carry out a shock attack on the New Republic world of Fondor, with a derelict VSD equipped with a cloaking device and loaded to the gills with warheads and fuel. Essentially it will attempt to decloak over a Fondor city before the planetary shields can be activated and plunge into the heart of the city. The Imperial officer and crew will then attempt to abandon ship and escape the planet.

I'd like to have an NR character and/or a Jedi character attempt to foil my plans, before the officer can carry out his orders. Also if the attack succeeds I'm sure the NR and the Jedi would like to know what faction of the Imperials ordered the attack and also capture the officer responsible and hold him for war crimes

Tear
Apr 8th, 2004, 03:12:07 PM
Just out of curiousity what faction would that be?

Darth Viscera
Apr 8th, 2004, 03:47:49 PM
That's to be ambiguous. His evaluation RP calls for his character to be a generic Imperial officer.

Tear
Apr 8th, 2004, 03:48:56 PM
Ah, thought you were starting up a new faction or something

Darth Viscera
Apr 8th, 2004, 03:52:58 PM
not necessary.

imported_Reshmar
Apr 8th, 2004, 11:39:17 PM
Fondor would have massive Fleet Protection because of it being one of the big Starship Manufacturing Planets. Good luck. This will be an interesting story to watch.O_o

Darth Viscera
Apr 9th, 2004, 02:01:06 AM
Originally posted by Reshmar
Fondor would have massive Fleet Protection because of it being one of the big Starship Manufacturing Planets. Good luck. This will be an interesting story to watch.O_o

I think that events in real life have shown that even a well protected target is still highly vulnerable to a stealthy suicide attacker, moreso when the attacker in question is not too choosy about his target.

If the target were the shipyards, or a player character, or a Republic fleet in orbit, then orbital fleet protection would be more noteworthy, I imagine. But providing protection to a massive populace OTOH is another story entirely.

Additionally, much of Fondor's defenses are arrayed in the local NPC Sector Fleet and so are not deployed in the immediate vacinity of the planet as per a 2002 agreement which enlarged the NR fleet and made a vast majority of it into NPC sector fleets which could be called upon when an NR sector was under attack.

imported_Reshmar
Apr 9th, 2004, 02:20:28 AM
I wasnt worried about him getting in and hitting his target.Thats is easy. Its getting out and away from the planet which will offer the chalange. :D

Darth Viscera
Apr 9th, 2004, 03:12:47 AM
:D
very excellent point

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 9th, 2004, 09:51:18 PM
Wait...wasn't Fondor shipyards equipped with a Crystal Gravitational Trap after the Vong Crisis? IIRC, a Yuuzhan Vong warfleet took out most of Fondor's new Nebula-class Star Destroyers, along with the majority of the 1st Defense Fleet.

I think Fondor became one of the most heavily defended systems in the New Republic after that little incident...even more so than Bilbringi or Yaga Minor.

Not that it matters much, CGT systems can be foiled by the gravitational mass of a planet...but it still might be something to contend with.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 9th, 2004, 09:59:00 PM
Anything vong related is usually dismissed as crap around here.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 11th, 2004, 07:28:29 AM
i still like the original idea, honestly. it had more substance, there was much more room for char development, a more driven plot, and frankly, more interesting

Darth Viscera
Apr 11th, 2004, 07:46:26 AM
You'll have to PM me about that. This thread is about him getting an NR / Jedi character to tag along.

Pierce Tondry
Apr 11th, 2004, 08:48:46 AM
I still intend to post to this, but I have had a wild past couple of days. To give you an idea- Thursday I had a test. Then I had so much to do over Friday and Saturday that I just woke up from a fifteen hour sleep stretch.

I still feel exhausted, but at least I am awake. I will attempt a post today.