PDA

View Full Version : split from new fleet rules

Darth Viscera
Apr 6th, 2004, 01:00:22 AM
Sean Piett's post did not mention a sole individual enforcing Swfans.net policies, nor would that be the case in any event, so there's no cause for concern.

It is the job of a moderator to help with the enforcement of policies set forth in the FAQ, to help moderate disputes between community members and to assist in helping modify board policies as required, as well as to speak up if you think a policy needs revision or addition. The staff of swfans.net regards everyone's input as helpful.

-from the FAQ

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 6th, 2004, 01:04:58 AM
"A" fleet mod generally denotes one person, and thats how i read it

and yes, ive read the faq. many times

Darth Viscera
Apr 6th, 2004, 01:19:50 AM
However, moderation does not equate to a sole person enforcing swfans.net policies with no oversight nor regard for the general consensus amongst RPers, be they the fleet mod or otherwise.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 6th, 2004, 01:35:02 AM
im not saying it does

i explained why and how i interpretted what was written, that was all

if you want to argue it further, do it in another thread or start a new one please. this thread is for refining fleet rules. not trying to school me in something i already know of

Darth Viscera
Apr 6th, 2004, 01:47:09 AM
My posting in this thread was in answer to Sean Piett's suggestion that there be a fleet moderator, which is relevant to the discussion of fleet rules. I am not trying to "school" anyone. If you feel that I am posting with some degree of animosity, then I apologize, and that was not my intention.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 6th, 2004, 02:02:18 AM
and my post was to reaffirm that everyone has to have a hand in helping things stay in working condition - that one person alone would not be able to do it successfully

as for the animosity, i didnt feel that. it was more of a condescending tone that struck me :|

Darth Viscera
Apr 6th, 2004, 02:56:28 AM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
and my post was to reaffirm that everyone has to have a hand in helping things stay in working condition - that one person alone would not be able to do it successfully

as for the animosity, i didnt feel that. it was more of a condescending tone that struck me :|

What you're interpreting as condescension is merely me trying to reply in a professional and even manner which befits the staff. This isn't a "cold" tone, it's a "I'm making sure I post professionally and by the books" tone.