PDA

View Full Version : TSO a ship depot???

Lady Vader
Apr 5th, 2004, 04:13:28 PM
Concering these two posts:

Small, Fast Spaceship wanted! (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35106)

costs (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35016)

I really don't think we should be encouraging the newbies to buy ships.

Now, personal ships I can understand, especially if/when they reach Knighthood. But right now, they can just borrow one of the TSO ships in the main hangar.

I already sent a PM to rasha to put a hold on these proceedings as I don't want a sudden flood of ppl coming here and asking for ships.

Rasha Vill
Apr 5th, 2004, 04:45:56 PM
As I said in the PM to LV, I have no problems giving Homer a Cloud Car, since it is a small airspeeder that can't leave atmosphere, and has almost no weapons.

As for the Spacecraft I have every intention to decline his request, through diplomatic red tape, by asking for the approprate military requisition forms, Proof of Sith Knighthood, or requesting a letter of exeception from the council giving them permision to but a millitary class vessle.

It's just a case of public rejection. It's fun to do, and like all people in politics, the life as per normal. We can not stop them from making the threads, as much as the people at the DMV can stop us from walking into the building, but just like them we can turn them away for not having the required documentation. They will not qualify for the ships. I will make sure of that.

Lady Vader
Apr 5th, 2004, 04:58:21 PM
:thumbup

I leave it in your capable hands, Madam Mayor.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 6th, 2004, 03:47:55 AM
Do we really need the Shipyard forum to begin with? It's hardly ever used, and as far as I can tell our fleet aide comes from the Imps now - so I'd suggest this one was for the scrap, in the upcoming revamp.

Lady Vader
Apr 6th, 2004, 04:43:20 PM
I wouldn't outright scrap it as it was made for our protection against liabilities.

The reason it was created was to show the assests TSO has and also to show when ships are built with start and end dates. It was created basically to keep people from shafting us and coming to us with a "oh yeah? I want to see proof of this being built/made and when."

Basically, one's word isn't enough anymore. It's all about proof. And there it is in the forum.

We can however close the forum so only mods and such can post in it. But it needs to remain open so that ppl can come and see what we're building and when in the event they want to dispute or whatever. Again, for our protection.

(Yeah, can you tell I don't trust people? ^_^; )