Traveling down my own road
Watching the signs as I go

Traveling, traveling
Watching the signs as the go

Hand fits giving so do it, that's what the Gospel said to me
Life fits living so let your judgments go
That's how our future should be
Traveling down this road.

Quay'Na Rakai-Scott had finally accepted it. She was having a baby, but acceptance was only part of it. Her husband hadn't been to pleased, but he needed time to allow it to sink in.

Quay could understand his feelings, it wasn't his child. She chose not to go there at this time. Time would heal this wound between them, it had too. Right now, something else concerned her. Would she even be able to carry this child? The Lost Padawan was three months along and she herself had only known for about three weeks while she was away with her new Lost family on Trilith.

What a shock that had been and nonetheless discovered by her new Master. Her life had changed drastically. There was no turning back, moving forward was her only option.

In a few days they would be leaving again and this time, she wasn't sure how long it would be until she returned.

But, right now that wasn't really her concern either, she would be amongst her new family.

Quay's main concern was her baby and if she could carry it or not, she was scared. The Padawan had never imagined anything like this ever happening. It wasn't supposed to happen like this, when she and Anthony were ready to have children she was going to have some type of womb strengthening surgery and be artificially inseminated. That was just the way it had to be and Quay had known this for a very long time.

Now, everything was topsy-turvey and deep down she knew what would happen if she lost this child, she would lose her chance to bear anymore. They would have to take everything that made child bearing possible.

That's not going to happen...it's not. She had to keep reminding herself.

"Miss, what can I get ya?" A friendly voice asked, jarring the Padawan from her thoughts.

Quay looked at her glass of water, anything stronger and she'd be vomiting within ten minutes, today was one of those bad days.

"Nothing, I'm just waiting on a friend."

The Breakfast Breeze Inn was an off the regular path diner, but it was secluded and private. Usually, it had good food as well, but the Padawan wasn't taking any chances.

Today, was her first trip to the doctor and she didn't want to be alone, Her immediate family knew nothing about the pregnancy, her Lost family supported her, but she didn't want to feel like a burden. Especially to her master, he had been so good to her and patient, she didn't want to dump anymore crap on top of things. Besides, he was very happy, things were looking up for him, he was a father and he seemed to be on top of the world.

She knew she could've asked Helenias to come with her, but the same effect was there and the Padawan simply didn't want to bother them in their happy bliss.

She smiled in spite of herself, the only person she could get a hold of was a guy. Now, whether or not he would go with her was still up in the air, she hadn't exactly specifed why they were having breakfast. So, he had agreed to meet her.

Now all she had to do was wait for him to show and she knew that he would, that was just the kind of Jedi he was.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 9th, 2004, 10:56:08 PM
Kack looked around the small diner. He had never been there before, but it seemed nice enough. He sensed Quay's presence near by, but something was different, the padawan couldn't put his finger on it. She wasn't... alone.

As Kack approached he put a gentle hand on Quay'Na's shoulder. A thousand different feeling surged through his body. Fear, anxiety, anticipation... but mostly fear.

Suddenly it all became clear to Kack... Quay was pregnant!

He took a seat across from Quay'Na.

"Good morning..." he said offering a smile.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 9th, 2004, 11:23:32 PM
The Padawan had been so deep in thought, she hadn't even noticed Kack had come in until she felt his hand on her shoulder. She jumped slightly and then relaxed as he sat down across from her.

"Good morning," She answered with a put on smile. "I'm sorry, it was such a short notice. But, I..." She stammered a bit.

"I didn't want to be alone." She felt like crying, but held it in.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 11th, 2004, 05:29:58 PM
Kack put his large hand on top of Quay's and grasped it in his own.

"It's alright, I know."

Kack paused for a moment.

"I knew as soon as I touched your shoulder. It seems my sensing abilities are a bit over=developed to compensate for my vision problem. Even as I walked through the door I could sense that you were not alone."

The padawan could sense the Lost Jedi's surprise.

"Relax... besides, your thoughts betray you. I could have read your mind and known instantly. It's all you think about."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 11th, 2004, 07:54:26 PM
Quay'Na couldn't disagree with that. Her thoughts kept her mind full.

"I wish, I could relax, but I can't." She told him with a deep sigh. "This pregnancy wasn't conceived by my husband. It ...was...conceived through the rape." She told him at a near whisper.

A tear fell down her cheek. "I've accepted it after a lot of thinking.
I want this child, it's part of me and it doesn't matter who the father was, it's part of me." She paused for a moment as another tear fell.

"Sad thing is, I don't know if I'll be able to carry it to term...or if at all."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:31:55 AM
Kack wiped the tear from Quay's cheek with his thumb.

"Do not be afraid, Lady Quay'Na Rakai. Your friends are with you."

He smiled slightly.

"We will all stand with you through whatever may come."

Kack's voice was soothing and reassuring.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 14th, 2004, 08:27:17 PM
"I know you will and I know I shouldn't be worrying over things I have no control over. But, having a child for me was supposed to be such a joyous time and...I feel no joy."

Quay sighed. "I don't know what I feel, except...scared. My husband knows now and he's in shock. I can't blame him, I was when I found out. I want to believe him, when he says everything will be alright, but...I can't."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:27:05 PM
Kack's expression grew more serious.

"The Force is strong with you, Quay. You will make it through this pregnancy as will your child. I am sure of it. Have no fear of the future it will only lead you down darker paths."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 15th, 2004, 04:09:25 AM
Quay shook her head. "Don't need that. It's just when do I get a break? The day I married Anthony, I thought this is is. This is where happiness finally starts and now this. He's been so wonderful, since I've been gone for a little while. This was a lot to lay on him, I was sure I was going to lose him over it. But, I think he's going to stay, don't know really."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 15th, 2004, 10:49:01 PM
"I don't know when it gets easier. A Jedi's life is not supposed to be easy... or so I am told. But know this. Deep down you will know peace someday."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 16th, 2004, 05:11:14 AM
"I'm sorry, Kack. I don't probably don't even know what I'm saying half the time, my brain has been on overload ever since I found out." She sighed deeply and shook her head.

"I know my life wasn't going to be easy the day I joined Master Ira, she told me. Lately, I've just been getting rather lost. I am glad I finally was able to tell Anthony. But, ummm this isn't the entire reason, I've asked you to come here today. I've got a doctor's appointment in an hour and was kinda hoping...you would go with me. No one else could go and I don't want to be there alone...just in case they tell me..." Quay didn't finish, she couldn't finish. Or it would be like cursing herself and her unborn child.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 17th, 2004, 05:20:26 AM
At the other side of the diner.....

There was a man, cloaked, hooded, smoking a long stemmed pipe. In a place of seedy characters, he fitted in perfectly, looking like just another bum off the streets. His worn boots were on the table, tankard at his side. In what was a crowded bar, no one dared ask to sit at his table - if anything, beings were steering clear, feelign uneasy if they even considered it.

He wanted to be left alone - that was exactly what was going to happen, because this was in some ways spying. Although, if truth be told, it was more like looking out after someone. He felt a measure of resposibility for Quay and that was why he was trailing her. She hadn't seen the Ranger he was deep down, the rough vagabond warrior that was harder than durasteel and harsher than a Tattooine day, so this was a resonable disguise to take, to keep anonymous.

carefoul to make sure his effect ont he force was so slight it would not be noted, he watched Quay. It was with some idle curiously he saw her meet and greet a Jedi she clearly knew.

Never seen him before

for now.... just watch and wait.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 17th, 2004, 11:57:27 PM
"It would be my pleasure to accompany you, Quay," Kack said, feeling that she did not want to be alone.

"It'll be alright..." he continued, his voice still gentle and soothing.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 18th, 2004, 09:49:01 AM
Quay gave him a slight smile and nodded. "I hope so, I'm just really concerned about it."

The waitress returned. "Can I get anything for the two of you?"

"I'll some hot tea, please." Quay answered as she looked at Kack to order.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 18th, 2004, 11:32:59 AM
"Hmmm... I'm kinda hungry. How do you feel about some breakfast, Quay? It's on me. If we have the time of course."

He offered a warm smile.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 18th, 2004, 01:11:44 PM
"We have plenty of time, but I think I'd better pass, I've been having a rough time with morning sickness, well rather twenty-four hour sickness is more like it. I've not had a good time."

She smiled slightly. "But, go ahead and order. We just have to go over a block to the Obstetrics Center on North Avenue."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 18th, 2004, 02:47:23 PM
"Alright then... if you're sure you don't want any breakfast..."

Kack turned his attention to the waitress.

"I'll have the Bantha steak and Mynock eggs with a glass juri juice."

The padawan smiled at Quay.

"Relax... don't be so nervous. I haven't felt you this nervous since you told me about... the... ah... nevermind."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 18th, 2004, 04:42:34 PM
Quay winced slightly. The whole reason they were here, because of that... She couldn't even think about that.

Quay'Na took a deep breath, closed her eyes and calmed down. She reached within herself to find her inner peace, if she had any left that was.

The Padawan continued this until their drinks came, she felt better. Much more calm. "I think, I to take some more time in the mornings and meditate more. I've been so stressed, it's been really hard to find the time." She poured her hot water into her cup and waited for the tea bag to release it's herbal broth.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 18th, 2004, 04:45:40 PM
"A Jedi must always fine time for meditation. Even as you sit in this very booth you can meditate. Meditation isn't neccessarily going into that deep state of rest... sometimes it's just finding peace at certain moments."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 18th, 2004, 04:52:10 PM
"Well, I think once I've been to the doctor and find out if everything is going to be alright, I'll be okay. It's just until then...ugh..." Her stomach turned as her face paled. She was going to be sick.

"Ooooh," she groaned, holding her stomach. "I'll be back, maybe a few minutes."

Quay'Na hurried off towards the 'fresher with her hand over her mouth.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 18th, 2004, 04:54:15 PM
Kack jumped up from the table as Quay dashed off.

"Oh, this isn't gonna be good..." he muttered to himself.

He ordered Quay a glass of water for when she came back. Might help to get the taste out of her mouth.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 18th, 2004, 05:26:37 PM
Morning sickness really was awful and she had been suffering for the past three weeks, badly. It wasn't anything to be walking down the street with Marcus and make a beeline for an alleyway.

Quay shook her head as she slowly walked back out into the dining area. "Sorry about that." She said as she sat back down and took a welcoming drink.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 18th, 2004, 10:51:15 PM
"No problem... feel any better?" Kack inquired.

He too sat back down feeling that Quay was in fact feeling better... for now, at least.

"How's the baby?" he asked.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 19th, 2004, 03:53:13 AM
The Padawan nodded. "Yeah, I feel better...for now. Thanks." She smirked slightly.

"From my own Force waves, I feel the baby is doing well. I can't yet tell what it is, but I don't really want to know just yet." She took a sip of her water this time, didn't want to drink too fast.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 19th, 2004, 11:18:08 PM
Kack smiled warmly at Quay. He loved children and wanted his own someday. But that day was a long way away.

The waitress appeared with Kack's breakfast. He sniffed it and made a face.

"Maybe I'm not so hungry after all..." he muttered.

Kack cut off a piece of the steak and stuffed in his mouth... then nearly gagged on it.

"CHECK PLEASE!"

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 20th, 2004, 04:17:41 AM
Quay'Na winced slightly. "Sorry, I thought they had better food than that."

The waitress came back with the check and asked if Kack wanted a box, which he politely declined and the two were out of there momentarily.

"So, how are things since I've been gone for nearly a month?" She asked as they walked out onto the sidewalk. "Nothings falling apart is it?" She joked.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 20th, 2004, 05:32:11 AM
He watched as the Jedi left with Quay, waited a few seconds before digging into his pouch and throwing a few coins on the table. Boots went ontot he floor, his cloak was folded around his body, hiding the weapon he carried. he went over to where Quay and this other Jedi had been sitting, closing his eyes as his hand lingered on the table.

His mind touched what was here, the traces everyone left behind, getting a feel for both his Padawan and this other Jedi. Images, sensations. A feeling of connectedness. Of comradre.

A friend... a good friend. That much is clear.

But there was anxiety here. Restlessness. Fear. That was from Quay.

Follow them

He turned and without speaking or acknowledging anyone, he turned and was out the door. Strangely, no one could remember later anything about him.

Nor of the steak, which a large black cat leapt up and thieved before anyone could stop it.

---

When he was outside, the two Jedi were not in sight, but unerringly, his footsteps followed theirs. He had their trail and it would not be easy, even for a Jedi to shake him, or to notice. Why it was important to follow, that he didnt know. He long ago however stopped doubting when the Force suggested.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 20th, 2004, 11:03:05 PM
"Not too much is going on. Training with Zeke. He's keeping me on my toes. We're working on telepathy. We had a sparring session, but I defeated him."

Kack laughed.

"I recently got in contact with an old friend of yours... Helenias. She's going to help me with my lightsaber training."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 21st, 2004, 03:52:45 AM
"Oh, I love Helenias, she is just so awesome." Quay began to forget about her troubles for a bit, talking of other things.

"She's one heck of a fighter."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 25th, 2004, 03:13:18 PM
"Good! I need someone to throw me around! I haven't learned anything new in quite sometime."

He grinned.

"She's eventually going to teach me Form VII lightsaber combat."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 25th, 2004, 08:20:17 PM
"That is awesome to hear. She'll be a great teacher for you." She told him as the two neared the building Quay needed to be at.

A few moments later, she was opening the door to her doctor's office. They walked though a lobby with several people and towards a turbo lift. "I really thank you for coming with me, Kack. I don't think many guys would do this for a friend."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 25th, 2004, 10:18:50 PM
"Hey it's not a problem. This is what I'm here for. What are friends for, right?"

Kack maintained his smile as the two stepped onto the turbolift.

"Anyway. I feel honored that you asked me to be here."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 26th, 2004, 04:13:34 AM
Quay considered Kack as her closest friend besides her husband. She smiled at him and nodded as the lift stopped on floor twenty-eight. "This way." She led him off the lift and down the corridor to a set of glass double door with a gold print on them saying.

Dr. Mitchel Nitara and Dr. Axel Bailey, Obstetrics.

With a deep breath, Quay and Kack walked in there were quite a few pregnant females along with a few guys in the waiting room.

The two went up to the front desk. "Rakai-Scott, I've got an appointment with Dr. Nitara at nine fifteen." Quay said.

"Alrighty, fill out this and have a seat. He's running on time today." The woman behind the desk instructed the a kind smile and handed Quay a datapad.

Quay found them a couple of seats and punched in her information. It wasn't long before she was called in. Quay grabbed Kack's hand and took him with her,

Quay was weighed with a portable scanner a few moments after they went through the door.

The the two were shown into a much smaller room, where Quay was instructed to get onto a table with a strange looking scanner above it. "He'll be in shortly." The nurse instructed them and left.

"The moment of truth awaits me." Quay said as she lay on her back and looked at the machine above her. Emotions were going through her mind a million times a minute.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 26th, 2004, 09:54:48 PM
Kack stood next to Quay and took her hand.

"Relax... everything will be fine."

As reassuring as Kack's words and tone were, he wasn't so sure about all this. In fact he was rather worried about Quay and her child's health.

The two had become rather close in the previous months and he considered her one of his closest friends.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 05:07:56 AM
A few minutes later, the door opened and a man in a white lab coat walked in. He was middle-aged with wire rimmed glasses and brown hair.

He held a datapad in his hand and smiled as he looked at the two. "I'm Dr. Mitchel Nitara. You must be Quay'Na and Anthony, it's nice to meet you." He shook Kacks' hand.

"No," Quay smiled. "I'm Quay, but my husband couldn't make it. This is my good friend, Kack Mebuff." She corrected him.

"Very nice to meet you then, Kack." He nodded and looked down at the datapad. "Alright, Quay. You've given me some information on Uteran Anoscia...it's a very rare condition. Let's see what we have."

Mitchel walked over to the controls and warmed up the machine. It made a low humming sound. He came back over to Quay'Na. "This won't hurt a bit, Quay. Lights." The lights automatically went down.

Mitchel brought the machine a little closer to Quay'Na's abdomen and pressed a button. A small beam of light shot into Quay.

"It'll be just a second and we'll get a picture." He said. A moment later, a three dimentional picture appeared right above Quay'Na's abdomen.

It was her baby inside her uteran wall.

"Oh my God..." Quay said as she saw this, it was incredible! She wished Anthony were here to see it.

Mitchel looked at the picture closely and then got up, he walked over to the machines controls and looked at a screen. He rubbed his chin in concern. "Quay'Na, who was your doctor on Corellia again?"

"Isaac Avery."

"Have you been experiencing any pain?"

"No." She didn't like this. "It's bad, isn't it?"

He sighed and came back over and sat down on a three-wheeled stool by her. "Your uteran wall is only an eighth of what it should be, Quay'Na and sadly to say I can't do anything for you here. You need to go to a specialist immediately. You need to go to Corellia and see Dr. Isaac Avery, he is a specialist and he should be able to do a procedure on you to replace your womb with an artificial one."

"He told me about that a while back, but now that I'm already pregnant. What about my baby?"

"It is a risk, I won't lie to you. I've done some reading on the procedure and I've gone to several seminars on it." He paused and shut off the machine that was over her and pushed the scanner back up towards the ceiling.

"Mrs. Rakai-Scott, if you don't have this done and your womb ruptures...you'll bleed to death, there's no if's, and's or but's about it. I'm giving you the true picture here."

All her emotions had been well deserved, Quay was scared now.

"Quay'Na, I'm putting you on emergency status right now, I suggest you make arrangements to get to Coronet on Corellia within the next day." He headed towards the door, then stopped. "No fighting whatsoever or any kind of strenous activity." He nodded towards the two sabre's hooked to her belt.

"What...Coronet? But, that's a Sith domain. The Sith palace looks over Coronet. Is there anyway, Dr. Avery can bring this here? And how is this procedure done?" She asked. "What's going to happen?"

The doctor had been so concerned, he hadn't even told her. "Sorry," he came back over to her and sat down.

"There is no way, the procedure can be brought her, Mrs. Rakai-Scott. It has to be done on Coronet. To ensure that there will be no lasting damage to you or your child, they are going to put you both into a mild hyperthermic state, remove the womb and replace it with an artificial one. I'm not exactly sure on the details. But, what I do know it that it has a ninety-seven percent survival rate with the fetus. Which in my eyes is very good. I'm going to have my assistants make the arrangements and well comm you with the information." He was gone in a flash, leaving Quay'Na utterly stunned.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 27th, 2004, 03:47:57 PM
"Coronet..." Kack muttered, practically collapsing into a nearby chair.

"So far away..."

He sensed Quay's emotions but she seemed devoid of anything.

"Quay... I... I don't know if I can go to Coronet with you..."

Kack paused for several moments.

"I... mean... it's so far... and my training... I can't just..."

As the padawan was trying to collect his thoughts, he got up and took Quay's hand in his own.

"I'm so sorry..."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 03:54:17 PM
She gave him a slight smile and covered his hand with her other. "You have done more than enough. No worries, my friend. I'll be alright. I'll talk to my husband and Mar--." She trailed off for a moment. "It'll be just fine and I thank you so much for coming, Kack. You are such a good friend."

She slid off the table and sighed. "I guess, we can go now."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 27th, 2004, 03:58:05 PM
"Marcus?" Kack inquired with a smirk.

"Do you think I am totally oblivious? I know of Marcus Elessar... I was once closely acquainted with a good friend of his: Xazor. Do not forget... I have been a part of the GJO for quite some time now."

The padawan helped Quay off of the table.

"Nice and easy."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 04:08:09 PM
The Padawan sighed, big slip of the tongue. "Kack, this has to say between us alright? I know, I can count on you."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 27th, 2004, 04:10:37 PM
"As you wish..." he said bowing slightly at the waist.

"I would not want to ruin your secret. But do be careful, not all are so fond of your Master."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 08:25:06 PM
Quay blew out a sigh. "Well, I'm sure my name is mud in the Order anyway. Especially, now that...I might as well tell you. My husbands not your normal everyday guy, Kack. He's...a darksider and a...vampire."

She stepped back waiting to see his reaction.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 27th, 2004, 08:28:15 PM
Kack raised an eyebrow.

"And...?"

The padawan chuckled.

"It's okay... I actually had a bit of a relationship with a fullout Sith padawan before. Back when little miss Daetana Jinn was still a Sith apprentice."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 08:38:22 PM
Quay blew out a sigh of relief. "You're the first person, who hasn't thought I was completely insane. Once the word vampire is said...don't even want to go there. But, he loves me and I love him and other than this pregnancy now, things were going great."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 27th, 2004, 08:44:29 PM
"That's all that matters. All you need is love..." Kack said, smiling.

"He missed that feeling."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 08:56:00 PM
"That was why he couldn't come today, sunlight." She sighed. "He was really upset last night when I told him. I felt so bad that he had to hear what happened and yet, he felt horrible that I lived it."

They walked out of the room and Quay signed out.

"I keep going over and over it wondering if there was something that I could've done to prevent it, but nothing comes to mind."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:12:17 PM
"It's hard... it shouldn't really matter. It's not like you can go back and fix things now. Perhaps, had you been able to forsee it, but not now."

Kack's face was stern... it was clear that he was deep in thought.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:23:46 PM
The two of them walked back out into the corridor. "What are you thinking?" She asked.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:30:20 PM
"This Dante character... he needs to be dealt with. But I'm not quite sure how. I don't want to seek him out, but still he should be dealt with by the authorities."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:36:04 PM
Just as the two were stepping onto the lifts, Quay suddenly stopped. "Holy frell!" A sudden look of shock came over her.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:37:37 PM
"What? What is it?" Kack asked urgently, stopping suddenly and putting a hand on Quay's shoulder.

"What's wrong, Quay? Is it the baby?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:41:13 PM
Quay'Na looked at Kack. "No, the baby's fine, but Dante is in the Order! He told me, oh, God. He's a maniac! He could do this to someone else, we've got to inform the Order!"

Kack Mebuff
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:45:35 PM
"I doubt he could even get into the Order. The Jedi Masters would see right through him..." Kack said.

"I do not think it would be possible for him to be a member of the GJO without someone noticing that amount of darkness within him."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:50:10 PM
The Padawan blew out a sigh of relief. "Yeah, you're right. Ya know back when I was sick you said you had a feeling the act wasn't directed towards me but someone else...but I can't think of who that could possibly be. Like an act of revenge."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:55:25 PM
"I honestly couldn't tell you without meeting the man..." Kack said, trailing off.

"Would anyone want to hurt Anthony?" he inquired.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 10:03:12 PM
"I don't know, Kack." She answered and shook her head. "I suppose that could be it. I'll have to talk to him and see what he says, and also I need to talk to my master about what is going on."

She placed a gentle hand on her abdomen and brushed the tiny spirit within her with the Force. "I just hope that one day, Anthony can love this child as his own. I mean, I can't blame him, if he can't accept it...ever. But, then what will become of us?"

Kack Mebuff
Apr 27th, 2004, 10:07:19 PM
"I'm sure he will love your child as his own. He loves you Quay'Na Rakai... ahem, I mean: Quay'Na Rakai-Scott."

Kack smiled widely. Reminding Quay that she and Anthony were married would help ease her mind about her child.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 10:15:43 PM
A smile came across Quay's lips as she thought of her husband. The man she loved dearly and had given her life too. "It will be that way, one day. I need to keep my optimism up and keep reminding myself that this child is part of me."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 27th, 2004, 10:18:26 PM
Kack smiled.

The two walked in silence for sometime, when Kack had an idea.

"Hey! How would you like to go out to lunch? It's my treat!" the padawan offered.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 10:22:15 PM
"Sounds great, sure. Where do you want to go?" She asked as she raised an eyebrow.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 27th, 2004, 10:27:24 PM
"Wherever you want to go. It's entirely up to you! Today is your day," Kack said with a smirk.

"Just not that diner from breakfast," he said jokingly.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 10:30:11 PM
"Well, how about Yogs? We could catch a taxi." She said with a nod towards the street.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 27th, 2004, 10:46:21 PM
"Fair enough," Kack replied raising his hand to hail a cab.

As the two got in Kack noticed a familiar Force signature. The Rodian he had encountered the week before.

"Je... Jedi Master... where wish you go?" the driver inquired.

"Master Yogurt's Bar and Grill," Kack instructed. "And drive safely, this women is preganant!"

"Ye...yes... Jedi Master..." the Rodian stammered in basic.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 10:54:19 PM
Quay listened carefully to the conversation, but decided to question it later. "So, I've told you all about what is going on in my life, what about yours? Is there anyone special nowadays?"

She asked as the taxi pulled away from the curb.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 27th, 2004, 10:56:33 PM
"Well... let's see... I've been on and off with Daetana Jinn. But that's been for like a year and a half and it's not really going anywhere. I am a bit interested in a padawan named Rikki Van-Warren. She's such a nice girl. But I don't know if she feels the same way about me or not."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 11:00:50 PM
Quay thought about this for a few minutes. "Hmmm, if you like her then perhaps you should persue her. Ask her out, all she can possibly say is 'no' and in my own opinion, that would be quite foolish of her."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 29th, 2004, 11:54:09 AM
"Yeah... maybe I will..." Kack said, thinking about the idea.

He wasn't shy, but he didn't exactly have the best luck with the ladies either. The padawan just shrugged it off and smiled.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:02:12 AM
It didn't take long for them to get to Yog's. Kack helped Quay out after he paid the driver and the two headed into the bar and grill.

(Continued in the Bar and Grill)