PDA

View Full Version : Computer Problem

Salemn Lysce
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:33:06 PM
Every time I try to open a folder, the entire screen goes blank (save for my background), then suddenly returns to normal. However, the folder doesn't open. I clicked start and tried accessing my folders from there, but the same thing happens. I can't even get into my control panel.

I've already used SpyHunter and cleaned my computer several times, even downloaded a trial version of X-Cleaner and did the same, and restarted my laptop about ten times.

This has been going on for a couple of days now, and I'm completely clueless as to what to do.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:43:37 PM
Um, I've never heard of spyhunter. Ad-aware or Spybot s&d. A lot of these other spyware cleaners aren't what they claim to be.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:54:13 PM
Virus is my guess. There's plenty of them that hit explorer.exe - download AVG

Morgan Evanar
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:21:00 PM
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php For the google imparied :) Also, in the meantime, start using a mozilla variant. www.mozilla.org

Salemn Lysce
Apr 6th, 2004, 04:16:06 PM
I downloaded AVG and it said it found a couple of viruses, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get it in the Virus fault. >_< And so the problem persists.

Also, I already use Mozilla. One minute I was able to open my folders, then suddenly this stupid problem appeared.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 6th, 2004, 04:27:38 PM
Start smacking F8 right before windows starts up, and select safe mode. Run AVG in safe mode.

Charley
Apr 6th, 2004, 05:26:13 PM
SpyHunter is worthless. My roommate used it to clean his computer, and he's as infested as ever. I'm going to defenstrate his infested box if he doesn't fix it within the week.

Figrin D'an
Apr 6th, 2004, 05:48:08 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Ad-aware or Spybot s&d.

Exactly.

These two, and only these two. dl and run both. Just make sure you look at everything carefully before you decide to zap it.