PDA

View Full Version : CIA miscallculation

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:34:29 PM
Lets say we shouldn't be surprised.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040403/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/brazil_us_coup

This is just like Vietnam instead we didn't send troops in both places we misjudged the situation.

Jedieb
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:21:04 AM
Another Cold War episode. But to tell the truth, I'm so preoccupied with our current state of "war" that something like this just doesn't make much of an impact.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:06:01 AM
Yeah I can understand that being a historian I just found that interesting. Another thing I see even more now why Brazil hates the U.S. I know they have hated this country for a while now and was never really sure why.

Darth Viscera
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:13:34 PM
^they're mad at us for liberating their country from the black dragon in WW2

Morgan Evanar
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:27:16 PM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
^they're mad at us for liberating their country from the black dragon in WW2 Yeah, they're so pissed about that :rolleyes maybe you should examine our policy twoards South America some.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:09:44 PM
Yeah DV, we have supported some awful dictaors down there that have ruined their countries. Like the guy in Chilie who was horrible (can't remember his name) the dictatorship in Brazil which made Brazil war torn for over a decade. And Argentina which went nuts in the 70's and took on the British over the Faulklands. Also the historians pointed out that communism was no threat to South America the commie leader had to flee the country their was no worries.

Darth Viscera
Apr 6th, 2004, 01:27:01 AM
Hello, this is the sarcasm detector. There is some sarcasm going undetected in this thread.