PDA

View Full Version : I've FINISHED it! (Link fixed)

Kale
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:07:53 PM
I've mentioned to a few of you that I'm in an audio production class at Cedarville University. I've been working heavily on one of my major projects lately--a dramatic scene, 4-5 minutes long. I finished it this afternoon. It's a starfighter combat scene in the tradition of Wing Commander, with plenty of sci-fi cliches thrown in for good measure.

And so, for your listening pleasure...

Starfighter (http://home.comcast.net/~taospoons/Kale/Starfighter.mp3)

You may want to right-click the link and save it to your hard disk. Filesize is 4.3 Megs.

Darth007
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:15:54 AM
for some reason its a really slow download... like 1 kb a second

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:15:17 AM
Cedarville? Is that in northern Illinois, close to Rockford?

Kale
Apr 4th, 2004, 02:19:52 PM
Hmm... Wouldn't surprise me if that's a limitation imposed by Freewebs. I'm starting to hate them. Got it uploaded somewhere else now, so it should work a lot better.

Cedarville's in western Ohio, near Springfield. There may be a Cedarville, Illinois; I've never heard of it, though.

Darth007
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:14:24 PM
Sounds great, makes me wanna play some old school XvT or XWA.

Of course, I have no clue what they're talkin about because I know nothing about Wing Commander.

Iziz
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:15:50 PM
Awesome. Held true to Wing Commander. I salute you! Now if you could just put together some video to go with it, it'd be kickass.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 5th, 2004, 02:34:24 AM
:lol I like this.... especially the 'Porkins' guy (well, at least I'm assuming that who he's based on)

Kale
Apr 5th, 2004, 03:49:24 PM
Thanks, guys! It was fun to put together, though it took quite a while.

Hmm... All I really know about Porkins is that he leads one of the wings against the Death Star I, says "Stay on target!" and gets blown up from behind. So I'm not quite sure which one you're referring to. But I appreciate the sentiment nonetheless.

Incidentally, I voiced five of the seven characters. Hope it wasn't too obvious.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 6th, 2004, 01:07:24 AM
Cedarville's in western Ohio, near Springfield. There may be a Cedarville, Illinois; I've never heard of it, though.

There is...a cousin of mine works in the nearby University, thats why I asked :)

Nice work, btw

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 6th, 2004, 03:02:38 AM
You can't tell you voiced that many, no :)

Hmm... All I really know about Porkins is that he leads one of the wings against the Death Star I, says "Stay on target!" and gets blown up from behind. So I'm not quite sure which one you're referring to. But I appreciate the sentiment nonetheless.

He's the chubby one, who's like "I can take it!"

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/jekredsixporkins/index.html

Darth Viscera
Apr 6th, 2004, 04:42:09 AM
I LOVE IT!

Rhea Kaylen
Apr 12th, 2004, 03:09:23 PM
Yeah, okay, so I didn't see this until just now, but...

HOLY...! That is too cool, man! The majority of them may all have been you, but Nace is far and away my favorite. Great job.