PDA

View Full Version : A brief history of the Azguardians

Dolash
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:55:20 PM
Ok, so someone said if I want to make a new race or planet I have to post about it first.

This is what I said at The Rebel Faction about Azguards. It was accurate there, it's accurate here.

THE HISTORY OF AZGUARD

Azguards come from Azguard. It is a mountainous world, cris-crossed with rivers and lakes. Long ago, when the people of Azguard were simple, this unimportant world became the home of twenty four terribly powerful entities. These were the Gods Of Azguard.

These Gods were created at the beginning of time. As the force was spread throughout the galaxy, attaching itself to living beings, great pools of it remained alone. Drawn to each other, these dense clouds of Force Energy drifted for ages throughout space. It was not long until they became so dense as to take physical form. They then landed on Azguard.

The native populace saw the terrible powers of these force-things, and made them their Gods. Each tribe took one of the Twenty-Four Gods and taught it their traditions and ways. This shaped the gods and soon created a vast pantheon. But all was not well.

As the Gods mastered their force abilities, they soon became aware of fore-sight. Being able to see ahead through time and space, they could see a terrible and massive dark blot, something that shrouded all time after it. This was so terrible, the Gods dared not look again. After the vision, they discussed what to do. One god, the weakest, became jealous when he realized their plans did not involve him and his tribe.

Then came war. The only war the Azguard people ever fought until the present day. It was long, and bloody, and by the end half the people and gods had been slain. The other half was split into two parties, six said they should side with this dark power of the future, and six said they should stand against it. Eventually good won. The six who lost look their people and fled into space, never to be seen again.

The Gods, fearing their powers, went into a deep slumber, to watch over their people from afar.

Then, for thousands and thousands of years, the Azguards did nothing. Until, one day, a merchant ship found them, and using much cunning the Azguards aquired technology which they had not even dreamt of. Over years, they have began to develop a vast space program, and intend to - very soon - enter the galactic community.

AZGUARD MENTALITY

Azguards are all scitzofrenic. The first personality it dopey, and silly, and has fun. The other is angry, and dangerous, and fierce, and baisically a warrior. They are usually on the first personality but switch when in stresful situations. Should one be cut off, the body will turn whatever side is available into the warrior side slowly. The two sides can communicate, the two sides are set like this from birth and are not trained, and the two sides both work for a greater good.

Azguards are strong believers in Communism. That is because (except for one incident) they are not corrupt. They all understand fairness and being polite and friendship, and like lazing around. If not for the second personality it is doubtful they would ever have joined the galactic community at all. There is one supreme leader who is chosen by the Gods (no really, they actually go to the one they choose and tell him) and he has supreme executive power, but he often uses it to create a council to monitor him.

They are also now introducing concepts of democracy and republicismism...ism into their government, making it rather difficult to classify.

AZGUARD MILITARY DOCTRINE

Azguards are firm believers in hand-to-hand combat. They find fighter-combat undesirable, and as such introduced the Mechanoid Suits, which are on their own the most powerful fighter they know of (face one and see) but also fight so differently to fighter-craft as to make traditional tactics useless against them (they can hit the enemy with their fists, a benefit in a dog-fight.)

Azguard generals lead through example. If there is a charge, they are at its’ head. If there is a problem, they are right in there. This results in a lot of dead generals, but the truly good ones become so powerful as to be undefeatable, wether in a fight or strategically.

Azguards feel war is a nessecary evil, at least until the galaxy is a free and liberated place. Then they hope to return home in peace.

Sith Ahnk
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:33:00 PM
FYI, they're prone to surrender when things are looking down. ;)

Tear
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:50:03 PM
Are they french?

TheHolo.Net
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:59:12 PM
Lets be kind and keep this discussion serious.

Sith Ahnk
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:40:00 PM
Dolash knows I love him :)

Dolash
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:31:24 AM
Hey, I'll have you know it was the SOVERINTY that gave up, not the Azguards.

They surrendered on our behalf. Very different.

Tear
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:26:28 PM
Im assuming your talking about a different Sovereignty. Then the current one on these boards :p

I saw the mech suits they used instead of fighters. Im curious is there any other unique technology they possess unique to their race?

Khendon Sevon
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:51:20 PM
Any chance you got the name Azguard from the Star Gate race known as the Azguard? That kind of made me flinch when I saw the title of this thread.

Sean Piett
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:59:04 PM
I don't really like the idea of super powerful force beings. Dya think you could just say that that those were the beleifs of the people, without establishing it as a fact?

Dolash
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:13:20 PM
As to your questions:

1. No, just the mechs. They're just strong fighters, and I like mechs, so I threw them in as a bit of character.

2. I never even watched stargate until a long time after I first invented the Azguards, so no these arn't the same guys or even remotely based off of them. An annoying coincidence.

3. These mighty gods slumber usually, they don't actually do anything, I just didn't want it to look like we believe in something without logical evidence.

Titus
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:44:22 PM
Just to put in a vote for Dolash, he's RP'ed this race for over a year at TRF, and we've never had any problems with him using the unique characteristics of his race in an unkosher manner.

Sith Ahnk
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:53:14 PM
Pretty much the worst he does is snarl and bear his teeth in the midst of surrender negotiations :D

Transil Gantar
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:05:49 PM
Lol. Sounds like me in fleeting.

Sith Ahnk
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:10:55 PM
You don't scare anyone when you snarl, though.

And when Dolash surrenders, he doesn't cry and have a tantrum. He just surrenders and goes back to doing what he was doing.

Transil Gantar
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:16:05 PM
Tantrums aren't my department. You'll find them listed under Chadd, Xilen, and Drayson.

Sith Ahnk
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:21:17 PM
Touche.

Though, we should probably not mention them. They aren't banned here and could show up any second to start an issue.

Transil Gantar
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:21:57 PM
*looks around then runs to hide* You didn't hear it from me.

Titus
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:05:05 PM
*sweeps issue under carpet*

Dolash
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:49:58 AM
Wait, they arn't banned here?

*Looks to make sure Chadd isn't coming*

Phew.

Sith Ahnk
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:58:05 AM
Chadd gets around. It wouldn't suprise me if he RPed here.

He came other with Gash and Hex during their brief invasion.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:29:16 AM
I would say 'keep on topic please', but Dolash is partaking in the slight hjack, so it seem almost pointless.

He came other with Gash and Hex during their brief invasion.

Brief invasion of SWfans? Hex? Hex originally roleplay at SWfans, at The Sith Empire, back when I originally started roleplaying here too. As far as Chadd having been here - not to my knowledge.

Dolash
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:35:41 AM
Who is Hex, anyways? I keep hearing about him, but I never really have met him.

To my knowledge.

Anyways, back on topic. So everything checks out?

Sith Ahnk
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:44:11 AM
Originally posted by Dolash
Who is Hex, anyways? I keep hearing about him, but I never really have met him.

To my knowledge.

You have. He's a member of the Soveirgnty, he plays SC with us, and he's a mod at TRF.

Brief invasion of SWfans? Hex?

Yes. He hadn't RPed here for a year or so when him and Gash decided to form up a group of roughly 5 TRFers to come and cause some havoc.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:49:41 AM
Originally posted by Dolash
Anyways, back on topic. So everything checks out?

The only thing I'm iffy about is the Gods, but since others say there haven't been any problems with them... looks fine to me.

Captain Tyle
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:57:48 AM
The Gods are my only sticking point as well. I can see having manifestations of the force's will, but to actually have ethereal beings with direct power is a no go.

Dolash
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:06:13 AM
Oh don't worry, they don't do anything. You can easily conquer and rule the whole world without ever so much as encountering them.

They're just a cool bit of flavour.

Titus
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:52:58 PM
Dolash, in the last year what have you used the gods for on TRF? Plot motivation to prove that Ketchup is really a vegetable? And, er, wasn't there a game of intergalactic pinochle? ;)

Pierce Tondry
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:22:03 AM
Dolash: is that thread you're running in Roleplaying about the Azguardians joining the Republic open to general participation?

Darth Vader
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:44:21 AM
its in the RP forum, and no restrictions are stated, so I'd think it would be fair game to NR members, whoever they may be.

Sith Ahnk
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:20:43 AM
Just remember: Azguardians despise mustard.

If you have a large reserve of mustard, drop it on their homeworld and they'll surrender for sure

Dolash
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:27:28 AM
Hey, shut up, that's a secret :)

But seriously, I have only ever used the gods to promote Ketchup in joke-roleplays at TRF, and the Azguard thing is open.

Just don't kill anybody, if it can be avoided. ;)

Sean Piett
Apr 6th, 2004, 07:06:36 PM
If the gods don't do anything, I don't see a problem with making them nonexistant and just a part of Azguardian culture/religion.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 6th, 2004, 07:32:13 PM
Well since you're NPCing the NR accepting the Azguards into the Republic, I would think that the RP is open to the NR people posting. :p

Oh question! Are you interested in RPing an Azguard senator to the senate??

Sith Ahnk
Apr 6th, 2004, 08:50:56 PM
Are you interested in RPing an Azguard senator to the senate??

This might not be the best idea ever. Azguard senates make the brawls in Asia look like the Veiw.

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 6th, 2004, 10:37:07 PM
What's a Veiw? ;)

Anyway it isn't an Azquard Senate, it's the Galactic Senate of the New Republic. If they give us trouble we'll just defenestrate them.

Sith Ahnk
Apr 7th, 2004, 09:41:24 AM
defenestrate

Argh! You use such big words! :\

Anyway, I'm wondering if Dolash has the intention of continuing, or rather, restarting his Jedi training over here...

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 7th, 2004, 01:26:02 PM
You say they have multiple personalities? Well, in that case, say they hall have multiple personalities, not that they are schizofrenic.

To be Schizofrenic is to have little or no cohesion to your thought processes. There is little to no relationship between a Schizofrenic person's thoughts. They do not have multiple personalities.

Sorry, but calling them Schizofrenic is misleading to me.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 7th, 2004, 03:35:01 PM
*schizophrenic

Dolash
Apr 7th, 2004, 04:46:54 PM
Well sorry I don't have a masters in psychology :) . Yes, they have multiple personalities (well, just two). I'd also be more then willing to have a senator at the NR. And no way am I going to try and become a Jedi, that takes forever.

Iziz
Apr 7th, 2004, 05:25:26 PM
Maybe it takes forever at TRF, Dolash, where being a Jedi is one of the most unpopular occupations, but here there are Jedi on everyday. It only takes three months. Come on, I have to redo my entire training, and you didn't even reach Knight back at TRF. Around here Force-based RP is more common than Fleet-based.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 7th, 2004, 08:44:50 PM
Don't join the Jedi, join the Dark side. Quicker, easier is it.

>D

Illidan Stormcrow
Apr 8th, 2004, 03:18:21 PM
Hey! I have an evil side too! This is actually my first darkside character, on and off SWFans. Well, second if you count that Noghri Dark Jedi training under Vegs back at TRF...

(This is Iziz, by the way.)

Darven Calmoarn
Apr 8th, 2004, 05:33:52 PM
If you want, K.A. is always looking for more peeps. :)

Illidan Stormcrow
Apr 8th, 2004, 06:55:24 PM
I've been thinking about Kuklos. It looks like a cool place, but I'm midway through my initation RP to the Order with Southstar and I'm not sure I want to break away from that. Especially since I left him hanging for a few months...twice. I'll think about it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:09:26 PM
Cool? Kuklos is not cool. Being a part of Kuklos will not make you 'cool,' but it will make you part of the best Darksider group on the boards. ;)

Pierce Tondry
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:16:11 PM
She lies.