PDA

View Full Version : A WTF entitled 'The Pains of Doing my job'

Taylor Millard
Mar 31st, 2004, 11:16:46 PM
Okay...as I type this I am in pain...not because I went out and broke my collarbone in a one car accident (like the program director at the station) but because I have a massive sunburn.

And I have a 62-year-old man to blame for this.

From Monday:

Denton Police have arrested a 62-year-old man for attempting to rob the Wells Fargo Bank on University Drive and then holding police at bay with a bomb threat. The stand off started at 9:53 Monday morning when William Terry walked into the bank, demanded 25 Thousand Dollars for some type of surgery, and claimed he had a bomb in a briefcase. Denton Police, County Officials, the F-B-I, the A-T-F, and the Texas D-P-S all responded to the scene and were prepared to hold out for the longhaul, but the stand off came to the end, five hours later, when Terry exitted the bank to get cigarettes from his car. Terry is charged with two counts of aggravated kidnapping and one count of aggravated robbery. Police say Terry has a liver ailment and wanted the 25 Thousand for a liver replacement. The F-B-I is investigating into whether Terry may be connected with any other robberies in the Denton Area. Authorities investigated the suspicious briefcase and found a brick.

A brick...I busted my butt, missed class, and got a massive sunburn all for a crazy old man with a BRICK! Ya know....if I'm gonna rob a bank I'ma gonna do it with something other than a brick.

*sigh*

All ranting aside, it was interesting to see the response the authorities made and I had a ton of fun (did some reporting for the #1 News/Talk station in town). Plus, I am thankful no one got hurt and there weren't any hostages. Beats the last hostage/stand-off I covered. That was ugly.

Pierce Tondry
Mar 31st, 2004, 11:24:21 PM
Ahahahahaha! There were more bricks than just the one in the suitcase!

Sorry about the sunburn, man. Aloe works wonders for that stuff, so go get some.

Silus Xilarian
Apr 1st, 2004, 04:01:38 AM
Gasoline helps also >=]

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:37:04 AM
For some reason, I read the thread title as "The Pains of a -THIS WORD IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR A FAMILY ENVIRONMENT-"

I should knock off the drugs.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:06:37 PM
Noxzema is good for sunburns, Tay. Go buy a big jar and slather it on :)

Darth Vader
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:44:44 PM
What? Ow.

Noxzema will dry your skin till its beef jerky.

Aloe Vera + Neutrogena dry skin therapy.

This stuff works like a godsend, on both sunburns and tattoos alike.