PDA

View Full Version : If I may, a new Member wishes to join.

Dolash
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:39:12 PM
Hello, I wish to join your illustrous organization, and fight in the name of Truth, Justice, and Peace Through Superior Firepower.

But seriously, I want to fight for the New Republic, underlining the fighting part. Is there a place for me in your military government? And do you wish anything to be done or said first, such as references, character history, and the like?

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 31st, 2004, 08:15:13 PM
Sure, no problem. Admniral Lion is the real military commander, General Tohmahawk (me as alt id) is the local NR mod.

I think Lion is the best to answer your questions, or I'll throw the floor open to anyone else.

Welcome BTW :)

Dolash
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:59:00 AM
Why thank you.

I'll be playing as the leader of a small race of fierce alien warriors, The Azguards, who live deep in wildspace. They've joined the Republic in the hopes of throwing back evil encroachments on their land and making piercing, swift strikes on the forces of evil.

As you can probably tell, they're a very judgemental race, and at the same time highly tollerant, so long as you can prove you too are good.

And obviously my character's name will be Dolash.

Is that all right with you all? If I had more time I'd write a bigger set of details but it's almost time for school.

P.S. This place amazes me greatly, on TRF There's just me, Milkshake, and Jan running "The Coalition" And that's pretty much the entire lightside.

Dolash
Apr 1st, 2004, 02:10:06 PM
Ok, so if it's fine with all you, I'll begin the fortifying of the Azguard Sector on behalf of the New Republic.

Jarek T'chort
Apr 1st, 2004, 04:26:48 PM
Welcome to SWFans.

Lion will be all "yay!" when he sees you. Till then, don't take any notice of the tumbleweed and whistling wind in the NR. ;)

Dolash
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:45:48 PM
Ok, so I've started, and as such I'd like to know if anyone would join me in the Azguardian Enlightenment thread, where my character is going to Coruscant to learn of and join forces with the New Republic.

If not, I'll just NPC it.

Shortly after, I intend to secure the surrounding worlds around Azguard, and create a multi-planet bastion of shipyards and warships for the New Republic in Wild Space.

Booya!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:47:05 PM
tumbleweed races!!!

_______@
___________@
____@
______________@

Dolash
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:18:39 PM
...Yes. Indeed.

Tear
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:36:39 PM
Beware the politics of other planets that may be threatened because of your sudden appearance and build up of arms. It could be construde as prelude to war.

Teleran Balades
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:45:50 PM
Originally posted by Tear
Beware the politics of other planets that may be threatened because of your sudden appearance and build up of arms. It could be construde as prelude to war.

War makes for a good RP.

Originally posted by s'Ilancy
tumbleweed races!!!

_______@
___________@
____@
______________@

Ten credits on #2

Dolash
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:18:22 PM
Don't worry, I'm in wild space, few would notice a massive military build up there.

But I still need someone to give me a hand in the Azguardian Enlightenment thread so I can sign on with you guys.

Teleran Balades
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:44:09 PM
Marcus is the on;y lightsider that posted. The rest of us are imperial, except for S'il, she's just an out of control lupine that hangs out with imperials.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 2nd, 2004, 01:11:25 AM
-shoos the Imperials-

Dolash
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:35:24 AM
Wait, so all of you are Imperials except for Marcus?

And you're being POLITE?

Definetly different then TRF...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:35:51 PM
well, actually, i just fraternize with the imperials

and im not out of control - im eccentric :)

Dolash
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:16:47 PM
Ok, it looks like all the NR guys must be out to lunch.

I'll just NPC the thread from here.

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:36:54 PM
*Vaporizes Tumbleweeds*

Gah! I'm so sorry!

I went on Spring Break, and my mind apparently decided to return a bit late. Sorry I missed this. ^_^;

So, you're from TRF? Definitely a contrast between there and here. They bitch about evvvvvvverything there, lol.

So, I'll mosey on into your thread. Welcome to the New Republic. If you'd like, we could do a formal recruitment thread somewhere else; otherwise you're accepted into the New Republic.

Basically, there's just one rule. Use common sense. We don't bean-count ship numbers, we don't use vessels over 3000 meters (unless permission is given by your opponent), and we center more on the character side of RPing than the tactical side.

So, make sure that whenever you Fleet RP it is done from the PoV of your captain/commander/admiral/whatever. I think I'll give you a rank in a second, as soon as I take a look at your other thread.

Thanks for joining!

Dolash
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:55:15 AM
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

And don't worry, I'm not interested in shaking the foundations of the galaxy and tearing the still-beating heart out of the Empire itself (Although that'd be so cool), I just saw that this Republic could use a new military bastion somewhere.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:30:41 AM
The NR could use lots of things. A kick in the pants being the first thing that comes to mind.

Tear
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:22:55 PM
Why dont they draw up plans to draft GJO padawans into the army :D that could work?

and the Empire is technically no more. Theres three warlord Imperial factions Balmorra(I know thats spelled wrong), The Federacey and The Sovereignty.

At the moment the Sovereignty is trying to regain the name of The Empire since its the strongest and the largest *beams* although war with the Federacey is brimming

Jarek T'chort
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:57:46 PM
Theres also the Imperial Remnant - most of which (Bastion, Yaga Minor etc) was overtaken by the Imperial Sovereignty, the rest is under Admiral Lei Lebron.

As far as the NR goes, they have the members, they just hardly ever post in Home One.

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:15:58 PM
What Jarek said, we usually have a couple of threads going in Roleplaying or Storytelling. Anything goes, really; feel free to make new threads or ask questions.

imported_Reshmar
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:04:35 AM
WOah Lion dont feel bad I missed this too and I have been around.

Sorry.

Let me know if I can do anything. for starts ill check this board more often.