PDA

View Full Version : Popping on over from The Rebel Faction

Dolash
Mar 31st, 2004, 05:50:06 PM
Heyup, how's it going, and so forth.

I'm a role-player from the Rebel Faction (Now with 15% more swearing!) who, until recently, never really gave much thought to SWFans, I assumed it was just another Role-Playing site.

But after reading this little comic thing which was a guide to Imperial Factions here (Eating ferrets, brilliance!) I decided it might be worth checking out.

Now, this isn't to say I intend to start role-playing here, first I'd have to find a few more people to help run the lightside at The Rebel Faction, then I'd have to fix an error that causes my computer browser to freeze every time I click anything on this site unless I right-click on the link and select "Open in new window". But if one day I fill both requirements, I'd be more then happy to pitch in on the side of truth, freedom, and large explosions.

Oh, and one question: Does the lightside around here do any better then the Lightside at TRF? If they're not lying in the ditch, riddled with bullets and being stabbed in the eye by every Tom, Dick and Harry with a warship and a smug name, then the answer is 'yes'.

Charley
Mar 31st, 2004, 05:58:29 PM
1. Use a browser besides Internet Explorer, otherwise flatten & reinstall.

2. Yes, the lightside is better.

Dolash
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:02:23 PM
Flatten?

?

I apoligize, but years of computer use have left me with no understanding of anything anyone says anymore about computers, I apoligize. Do you mean remove IE totally and then reinstall it? Would that not cause difficulties such as the loss of favourites and the like? A minor inconvenience, I admit, but it also begs the question how do you completely remove IE, and once done where would one go to reinstall it?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:02:48 PM
Looks like your questions were answered already. Enjoy your stay! (remember to Read the FAQ.)

Sejah Haversh
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:04:22 PM
Download and use Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera and use it as a total replacement browser for IE.

See Marcus for details.

Ths has been a public service announcement by the Mongoose Council for the New Guys. We now return you to your regularly scheduled posting.

Charley
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:05:51 PM
Originally posted by Dolash
Flatten?

?

I apoligize, but years of computer use have left me with no understanding of anything anyone says anymore about computers, I apoligize. Do you mean remove IE totally and then reinstall it? Would that not cause difficulties such as the loss of favourites and the like? A minor inconvenience, I admit, but it also begs the question how do you completely remove IE, and once done where would one go to reinstall it?

I mean either switch to Mozilla Firefox, Opera, etc, or if that doesn't fix the problem, format your computer, and THEN switch to an alternate browser. Don't use Internet Explorer under any circumstances.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:06:12 PM
Flatten and reinstall references windows. Meaning if you're infected with bizzare IE behavior, this is the only true solution. Also, running ad-aware (google, please) would help. You really shouldn't/can't remove IE, but you sure can not use it.

For a different browser, I heartily reccomend Mozilla Firefox (www.mozilla.org)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:06:21 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34732&highlight=internet+explorer reference this thread for links to Mozilla, etc.

Edit: DARN IT too slow again. *smashes head against nearby wall*

Dolash
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:06:49 PM
I am not sure I totally approve of Mozilla Firefox thing, I remember reading something in it that bothered me, all though I do not know what. Anyways, it's bothering me.

Oh well, so, the Light does ok here? There don't seem to be many groups, is role-playing a bit less formal here then at TRF?

TheHolo.Net
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:07:26 PM
Mozilla shuld outsource us as a distribution and reference center for their products.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:08:58 PM
I am not sure I totally approve of Mozilla Firefox thing, I remember reading something in it that bothered me, all though I do not know what. Anyways, it's bothering me.

Oh well, so, the Light does ok here? There don't seem to be many groups, is role-playing a bit less formal here then at TRF? IE is what should scare you. It has more security holes than can be mentioned in a two hundred thousand word term paper.

As for comparing this site to TRF. I can't answer that because I know nothing about TRF.

Sejah Haversh
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:09:24 PM
We don't need all that many groups, here. Common sense and the FAQ are the main guidelines. The GJO is the big lightside group, and you have your choice of a few darkside or Imperial factions.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:09:26 PM
For more information on "the light side of the Force" check the Greater Jedi Order forums located in the "RPing Groups" section of the main forum. But they do okay, yes. :) The New Republic is getting off the ground as a major force, although they can always use more RPers. :D

Dolash
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:11:27 PM
Ah, now I remember what it was.

My mother, who also uses this computer (soely for e-mail purposes) doesn't want me installing or downloading ANYTHING EVER unless I can find all sorts of official approval and such.

It is tempting though...

And The Rebel Faction is what happens when you take the worlds' most bitter, hardened role-players, give them years of experience each, put them in control of a mighty empire, and give them no real opponant. I've been fighting them for some time now, it's like trying to take down a castle with a toothpick.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:12:06 PM

Oh well, so, the Light does ok here? There don't seem to be many groups, is role-playing a bit less formal here then at TRF? I know absolutely nothing about TRF beyond the fact that you have Gue as a mod. :|

Anyway, Firefox is probably the best browser available, and IE should be scaring the pants off of you. There are only several THOUSAND documented exploits for it.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:13:30 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
I know absolutely nothing about TRF beyond the fact that you have Gue as a mod. :| I've heard enough now.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:13:31 PM
Dolash, have your mom read that thread I linked to in post 8, that should convince her to not use I.E.

Charley
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:16:53 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
I know absolutely nothing about TRF beyond the fact that you have Gue as a mod. :|

Mother of God.

Dolash
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:21:24 PM
We have some great mods, like Gash, and Kas, and so forth. Anyways, it looks like it's beyond my power to convince my parents to use anything else. They're like the conservatives of the internet. IE is good enough for my dad's computer, so it's good enough for the fun one. Oh well.

Maybe I'll convince them on the weekend, but until then I can't really explore your board much. I'm a little on the slow side, and yes, I noticed the huge pair of "NOOBZ" threads. So I'll probably just peruse them for a while and see if I can figure out how this place works.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:22:22 PM
Thanks for taking your time to look around before diving in. It will probably save you and us some trouble, and we really apreciate it.

And IE isn't good enough for any computer. Take it from someone who works in the industry.

Dolash
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:25:58 PM
I'd link you to TRF so I could prove that having Gue (now known as Ahnk) as a mod does not make a bad board, but EZboard is down and as such I can't.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:27:25 PM
EZboard is down and as such I can't. Yep. I wouldn't bother to look because its on ezboard. It is a horrid piece of software.

Dolash
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:38:28 PM
Oh come on, don't judge the community based on the board we use. It's being debated wether we should move or not, but people feel it's just not really worth the effort.

Sith Ahnk
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:40:57 PM
Gue isn't a full mod. He's one of our fleet gurus, and he is incredibly decicated to his position.

I would appreciate it if you would not insult him.

Dolash
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:42:00 PM
Whoops, sorry, yeah, Ahnk isn't Gue. Gue is Raktus, Ahnk is Kal.

I get those two mixed up sometimes.

Sith Ahnk
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:43:12 PM
It's okay Dolash. We love you.

*pets Dolash on the head*

Charley
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:47:37 PM
Oh come on, don't judge the community based on the board we use. It's being debated wether we should move or not, but people feel it's just not really worth the effort.

Because of Ezboard's software, a good many people here feel compelled to avoid it. Its slow, often down, and full of popup annoyances (blissfully that doesn't matter if you use Mozilla Firefox). In addition, to get any semblance of features on your account there, you have to cough up cash at every turn.

Here, each group has a certain amount of money to pay per year to remain hosted. Aside from that, there's an optional one-time payment of $10 for a "Supporter" level account that gives a few features like image file uploads and other things, but nothing huge.

In other words, its infinitely more gentle on an end user's pocketbook, patience, and sensibility.

I'd say a good 80% or more of us did our licks on Ezboard for years. We moved here precisely because we hate the system.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:48:06 PM
Gue isn't a full mod. He's one of our fleet gurus, and he is incredibly decicated to his position.

I would appreciate it if you would not insult him. I fail to see where he was insulted beyond the fact that he isn't popular here. He did get banned for a reason.

Sith Ahnk
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:49:38 PM
I didn't say you had. Just asked that you would not.

I understand you guys have history. I've hashed out some troubles with him as well.

I don't really think we should debate Gue's worth, or how unworthy he makes our board by association.

Dolash
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:50:04 PM
Ok, I guess I'm just very stupid or something, because I'm not too sure which of the above threads expalin the rules of roleplaying here.

One is for saying hello if you're new (And I thought of posting there, but I figured this is more of a visit, any ways) and the other is for "Mentoring", which I don't think I'd need as I am familiar with the concept of Role playing, of star wars, and common systems employed on role-playing boards.

I sincerely apoligize if there's a FAQ thread or Forum, or a rules-link or something, and I've just missed it, but I'm not the brightest light from TRF.

Oh, and does anyone here know if Gash comes to this site?

TheHolo.Net
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:51:54 PM
Read the <a href=faq.php?s=>FAQ</a>. There is a link to it on each and every page of our forums.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:52:06 PM
Oh, and does anyone here know if Gash comes to this site? No idea. I don't think anyone beyond Vega, who seems to be at almost EVERY SW board, knows who he is. And yes, there is an FAQ. It should be in the main menu of just about every styleset.

Sith Ahnk
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:55:14 PM
Gash came over in the TRF invasion, but none of the four or five people who came with him stuck around, and he didn't either.

I'm pretty much the only TRFer who posts here, again, besides Taja and Vega, and I don't RP so...

*puts Dolash back under the bed*

Pierce Tondry
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:57:38 PM
Gash left here a long while back.

Dolash
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:57:53 PM
Hm... Intruiging. I think I shall stay. TRF is fun, but it is the one most depressing thing in my life, as the light side loses - and we deserve to lose, because we suck and the bad-guys work ten times harder then us - but the principle is still sadenning.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:59:04 PM
another one for the nuthouse

Morgan Evanar
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:59:51 PM
Hm... Intruiging. I think I shall stay. TRF is fun, but it is the one most depressing thing in my life, as the light side loses - and we deserve to lose, because we suck and the bad-guys work ten times harder then us - but the principle is still sadenning. Since fleeting has been heavily de-emphasized here, no one really "wins" or looses. Stuff happens.

Khendon Sevon
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:01:55 PM
And The Rebel Faction is what happens when you take the worlds' most bitter, hardened role-players, give them years of experience each, put them in control of a mighty empire, and give them no real opponant

Hmm... I've totally heard this before about fleet RPing ;)

Welcome to SWF, even if you're just visiting. If you look around I'm sure you'll find that we've evolved away from the priorly mentioned situation :)

Oh, and fleeting here is very much alive, even if under-emphasized.

Ishan Shade
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:05:02 PM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
Mozilla shuld outsource us as a distribution and reference center for their products.

:lol I think your right on that one Orge...

Dolash
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:08:09 PM
Ok, I read your FAQs.

Let me first say that this is definetly a most intruiging board. However, I find your rules most perplexing. For one, there does not appear to be clearly defined ship-building, Research and developing, planet taking, or battle fighting rules. Are these things left up to the individual? Because if so, that relies on an individual not having too much ambition.

Also, is there any way I can get a short understanding of what's going on in the galaxy as far as wars and opinions and the like, without having to read every thread posted in the last five years?

Oh, and This (http://pub33.ezboard.com/bswalliance) is the Rebel Faction, just another role-playing board, and as you could see, they have much more stringent rules, that creates more of a "Game" atmosphere then a "Story" one.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:09:47 PM
Because if so, that relies on an individual not having too much ambition.
Rules have loopholes. Moderators don't have loopholes.

As for "Wars" we're in kind of a cold war scenario. There isn't a lot of open hostilities ATM.

Dolash
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:15:05 PM
Seems a little odd though. I mean, if I wanted to go to war with the Empire, what's stopping me from saying "I have thirty dozen Imperial Star Destroyers and a hundred thousand fighters!"

The mods? So they have the power to say wether you "Deserve" the ships you say you are using? If so, this is a most interesting system, however it appears to me to be fairly vague. What about planets? Do you just keep writing, and when you feel you've written enough you take the planet? Do you even record taken planets? Do people record fleets here, or make them up as nessecary based on the merits and abilities of the area? Do mods assign ships?

I have many questions.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:19:54 PM
We trust that you're not going to have to many ships, because that would be breaking the godmoding rule. The key thing is common sense.

And like I said, while we do have some fleet roleplaying, its de-emphasized compared to the Jedi/Sith/Dsider/Loner/Groundpounder stories.

Sith Ahnk
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:21:19 PM
...groundpounder?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:21:23 PM
Common sense. Plus, you have to start out at the bottom (well if you join an Imperial group they can supply you with ships they already have) no matter what you start as.

The fleeting rules used to be fairly complex until the system collapsed in on itself. We then instituted the two rules of "common sense" and "fair play." Anything that does not lie under either of these two guidelines will be nixed.

AnakinBoi55
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:23:51 PM
We don't bother with fleet RPing "bean counting", as it generally sucks the soul and fun out of anything done on the forums.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:24:11 PM
Groundpounder. Ground troops.

Iziz
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:24:59 PM
I'm hurt Ahnk. You left out your old buddy. I might just not do that End of Legacy RP now. :evil

And it seems that being banned from SWFans is the start of a trend at TRF. We only have Gue and Kraken so far, but who knows where it could lead to?

Trust me, Dolash. This place is pretty cool. You should definitely stay.

Sith Ahnk
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:27:36 PM
Originally posted by Iziz
I'm hurt Ahnk. You left out your old buddy. I might just not do that End of Legacy RP now. :evil

As I have no idea who you are, I can't really say it was my intent to "diss" you "homie". You are indeed my "wigga" "dogg", now lets "roll" "on up out" "o here".

Oh wait, you're Zarko. I had no idea you posted here, as I assumed you had left when Gash did, since you two are pirates and everything.

Iziz
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:31:16 PM
I wasn't even here when Gash was. As for you not knowing, I'd assume so. I just joined a day or two ago.

Dolash
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:32:56 PM
Well, odd as your system may seem to me, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. Of course, just because there's a lack of fleeting does not mean it is not here at all, so I intend to see what exactly can be done within your two rules, and then get to working.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:35:38 PM
Darth Viscera is the guy to talk about fleet stuff.

Khendon Sevon
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:37:34 PM
As for "Wars" we're in kind of a cold war scenario. There isn't a lot of open hostilities ATM.

Currently the Imperial Federacy and Imperial Sovereignty are engaging in "unofficial" hostilities. This basically means that whenever our ships see the other side, they engage. As of right now, there are two threads that involve fleet engagements between the two powers and many more against NPC foes—these involve accumulation of resources, planets, technology.

Neither side has declared war, however, tensions are building and it's only a matter of time before one side snaps.

the NR is a constant bother and threat, it has the largest military and planets supporting it.

That's fleeting as I see it, right now. I'd say the two most active fleet groups are the Federacy and Sov's, though a few fledgling groups are beginning to make headway.

You can check out the Imperial Groups forums for even more information.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:40:02 PM
Thanks Khendon, I wasn't aware of the Imp skirmishes.

AnakinBoi55
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:41:49 PM
There's also the Cizerack Pride & the Confederacy, but right now they're more like Switzerland, and too busy arming everybody else to fight.

Tear
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:49:08 PM
As for Open Hostilities id look at the Battle of Bestine.

The Sovereignty just invaded and began blasting away New Republic ships. New Republic reinforcements just arrived so theres about to be a major space battle taking place. Im sure the ground battle will happen soon too.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:32:06 AM
The NR can expect a couple of suprises soon, too, to stir things up :D

Darth Viscera
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:33:57 AM
*cackles evilly*

Moltar
Apr 1st, 2004, 12:16:55 PM
*Starts shining up a lightsaber.*

What??

*Watches CHIPS*

Titus
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:51:38 PM
WOAH! How did he get away!

*chases after Dolash*

Dolash
Apr 1st, 2004, 04:20:47 PM
.................................................. ......Kas?

Titus
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:02:58 PM
What?

Sith Ahnk
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:11:11 PM
I still can't believe Dolash thought I was Gue.

Titus
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:17:30 PM
We should get him back to his padded room before he causes more damage.

CATCH THAT VASE AHNK!

Sith Ahnk
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:31:34 PM
Why?

I threw it.

At you.

You catch it if you want it caught so bad.

Dolash
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:39:45 PM
Titus = Kas, or it may be a coincidence.

Sith Ahnk
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:35:38 PM
I wonder...

Is Dolash here, the poster from TRF named Dolash02? Or is that just a coincidence? :p :p :p

Iziz
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:38:30 PM
...............................Ahnk?

Sith Ahnk
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:39:35 PM
................................yes?

Iziz
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:43:25 PM
You are quite possibly the baldest person I've ever met.

Sith Ahnk
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:40:42 PM
You... uh... I don't even know what you are under that hood.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:30:21 AM
And already the idiocy begins. I love you guys.

Titus
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:04:06 AM
*tugs on Dasq's hair*

Sith Ahnk
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:24:37 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic

Heh, the idiocy began last year, with me Gue and Haelari. That was garbage with a capital S.

Moltar
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:18:05 AM
Originally posted by Sith Ahnk
Heh, the idiocy began last year, with me Gue and Haelari. That was garbage with a capital S.

Yes, Garbage with a Capital S....

I know that all too well...

But now I take all of my garbage outside to the Curb....

imported_Taja Loraan
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:44:40 AM

=']

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:19:27 PM
heyHeyHEY you! No time for niceties, you have posting to do :spank

Fleet Commander Zell
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:31:19 PM
Uh... Dolash you aren't going anywhere...

Ryan Pode
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:33:23 PM
Ew. Dolash.

Dolash
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:45:51 PM
What? I'm going places. I don't get it. Am I simply a dumb person?

Morgan Evanar
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:51:58 PM
What? I'm going places. I don't get it. Am I simply a dumb person? I have no idea. You're doing pretty well so far. Just take your time and don't be afraid of asking the staff questions.

Titus
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:46:42 PM
Many of the people in this thread are at TRF as well Dolash, you just don't know their alter-ego's yet.

Ryan Pode
Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:51:22 PM
This is true. And sad.

Sith Ahnk
Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:51:41 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Pode
This is true. And sad.

Go away?

Transil Gantar
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:06:55 PM
Titus looks like Theren.

Titus
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:10:39 PM
It's the glasses.

Sith Ahnk
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:11:36 PM
And the liberallism.

Transil Gantar
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:12:29 PM
Yub yub.

Titus
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:12:52 PM
No, just the glasses.

Transil Gantar
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:15:05 PM
Maaayyybbbeee.

Moltar
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:19:44 PM
No, your all wrong.

He's a Doctor, not a Jedi!

Sith Ahnk
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:23:59 PM
I figured that.

The green gloves. The surgical visor.

He's doctor material.

Transil Gantar
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:25:14 PM
But what made the gloves green?

Sith Ahnk
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:40:01 PM
They're latex, surgical gloves.

Thay're always green.

Moltar
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:23:21 PM
They're latex, surgical gloves.

Thay're always green.

Lets just say at my other job I use these gloves to do things that would make your hair fall out from shock...

Now who wants a Dagwood!!!

Sith Ahnk
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:01:24 AM
If a Dagwood is a technique involved in your other job, I would certainly enjoy one.

Moltar
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:38:29 AM
Well ripping out your liver and giving it to the needy is frowned upon here without consent.

So...can we have your liver please?

*SHAMELESS MONTY PYTHON REFRENCE*

Transil Gantar
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:42:25 AM
Lol. Still are weird.

Moltar
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:20:04 AM
Darn it Jim, I'm not a Chef, I'm a Liver Ripper!!

Ryan Pode
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:34:01 AM
Don't you know who I am Ahnk?

Sith Ahnk
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:57:10 AM
No.

I'm not really sure that it would make a difference. I probably hate you, just under a different name.

Dolash
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:01:28 AM
He's Kyric.

Click his name and check the listed AIM.

Sith Ahnk
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:45:36 AM
Oh.

Okay then.

I hate him, just under a different name.

Iziz
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:56:43 AM
But how is that different with anyone else who posts at both TRF and SWFans?

Sith Ahnk
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:22:11 AM
I suppose it isn't.

Except for Vega.

i wub joo vega hav my babiez

Iziz
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:26:57 AM
You see what we have to put up with at TRF?

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:28:57 AM
I'm totally lost now :huh

Iziz
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:41:37 AM
Don't worry. That means you're either 1) Normal or 2) Not an...well...yeah....

Sith Ahnk
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:52:59 AM
I'm totally lost now :huh

Just have my babies. Love will make things work. :|

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:02:07 PM
Love will tear us apart :mneh

Sith Ahnk
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:03:05 PM
Warning! Everyone back on topic.

What were we talking about again?

Oh yeah.

I hate you Pode.

Darth Viscera
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:11:49 PM
jeez. get a chat room, you guys :rolleyes

imported_Taja Loraan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:40:02 PM
I suppose it isn't.

Except for Vega.

i wub joo vega hav my babiez

>=[ !

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:41:31 PM
You aren't around enough to warrant people wanting your babies :p

Sith Ahnk
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:41:39 PM
Babies for all!

I'm a machine, you know.

Khendon Sevon
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:45:17 PM
I think this is a sign

Transil Gantar
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:11:22 PM
*shudder* Did you have to point that out?

Iziz
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:32:52 PM
A year from now the SWFans OOC Forum will be filled with threads titled "OMGWTF ur r a godmoder fag!!111!".

But in all seriousness, hopefully the sudden increase in TRF immigrants won't draw over some of TRF's...worse members...

Oh, Ahnk is here? Too late.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:57:08 PM
I'd prefer if you folk kept the insults to PMs.

Iziz
Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:58:48 PM
Ahnk knows I love him. But if you insist...*sends Ahnk 30 PMs*

Moltar
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:30:14 PM
Originally posted by Iziz
A year from now the SWFans OOC Forum will be filled with threads titled "OMGWTF ur r a godmoder fag!!111!".

What makes that different then anyother year?

:huh

People have been arguing about God Moding for a long time! And will do so untill they turn the server off....

Iziz
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:39:04 PM
But in the TRF OOC Forum every other topic is usually about god moding in some form or another. Its really annoying becuase nobody can ever get along.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:43:59 PM
As opposed to here, where we force people to get along >D

Iziz
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:05:05 PM
AHHH!! *zap* Must...get...along...

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:32:40 PM
*Lovingly holds her Force Cattle Prod*

Now, back to posting, you scum! ;)

Ryan Pode
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:29:08 PM
Actually, TRF OOC is either someone complaining about someone else or something going into Ren or his eye.

Iziz
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:33:17 PM
SHH! Don't say that name! He might find his way over here!

Sith Ahnk
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:15:48 PM
Heh. Just to clarify, if anyone insults me, ever, don't bother to chastize them.

I'm been a big enough arod to warrant consistent negative reaction on the part of pretty much everyone.

Besides, when Zark insults me, I consider the source. :p

Titus
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:17:31 PM
I'd prefer if you folk kept the insults to PMs.

Insults, this? This is normal light ribbing for TRF. :)

Sith Ahnk
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:20:35 PM
Heh.

This isn't even light ribbing until one of us trips the filter.

Oh...

Zark already did.

Okay, I guess I've been ribbed.

Ryan Pode
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:29:03 PM
One day, we should just turn the filter off at TRF and have at it.

Moltar
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:00:19 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Pode
One day, we should just turn the filter off at TRF and have at it.

Ezboard would probally shut you down....

Iziz
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:09:29 PM
If the filter is optional, I don't think Ezboard would shut us down. Globally ban most of us, yes. But not shut us down.

Titus
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:23:08 PM
It is optional.

Iziz
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:06:56 PM
It wasn't a question, Kas.

Titus
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:11:12 PM
Wanna bet? :D

Transil Gantar
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:22:36 PM
Lol.

Iziz
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:54:15 PM
You think you scare me Jesus-boy?

(NOTE: The previous comment was not meant to insult any Christians besides Kas.)

Morgan Evanar
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:20:00 PM
Keep it civil, and keep the insulting stuff to PMs. Thanks. This thread originally had some content, but that has clearly been done away with. :|

Transil Gantar
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:03:10 PM
He was joking.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:09:52 PM
I guessed, but I wasn't sure. We're not familiar with you all yet, and as such, I can't tell.

Transil Gantar
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:14:38 PM
Lol. He was. We do this all the time.

Julius Patton
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:30:59 PM
TRF Members at SWFans:

Transil
Me (Iziz, Patton, Illidan)
Ahnk
Titus
Lei (And all of his other accounts)

I think that is it.

Sith Ahnk
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:11:33 PM
Incorrect:

Other members at both boards

Telan
Vega
Taja
...more

Transil Gantar
Apr 5th, 2004, 06:15:53 AM
Was Viscera at TRF once?

Sith Ahnk
Apr 5th, 2004, 07:29:10 AM

Yes, why yes he was.

I was only talking currently... but then again, Viscera's run at TRF was easy to forget, since it will forever be inexcerably linked to Chadd... *shudder*

Morgan Evanar
Apr 5th, 2004, 07:34:24 AM
As per this
# One-to-One Conversations
Threads which are addressed to one individual and are for the purpose of having a one-to-one conversation with another member, are not permitted. There is a Private Message (PM) system at SWFans.net that may be utilized for this purpose. Else, you may e-mail said person by using the e-mail link in his/her SWFans Profile, or send him/her an instant message (where usually an IM handle is represented in the SWFans Profile).

One-to-one threads posted in the OOC forum will be closed. This thread is being closed.