PDA

View Full Version : ban the idiots?

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 31st, 2004, 02:24:35 PM
Quite likely that GJO will be doing this.

I'm thinking we should do it here too.

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 31st, 2004, 05:22:57 PM
Homer's showing a very small bit more promise than the rest...

But otherwise I'm definitely in favour.

Dark Lord Rivin
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:36:13 AM
I say we go easy on them. PM them some warnings let them know that they are near to banning... My I ask on what charges they would be banned for?

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:39:17 AM
Because they are annoying? I think that's about it, to be honest. If you want to spend your afternoon PMing them, trying to explain how things work, fine by me - but do it soon, because they are just over-running TSO and its already getting out of hand. No one wants to have to deal with them and letting them in has a bad effect on TSO's image.

Dark Lord Rivin
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:19:30 AM
I don't see much wrong with Rocoo and Homer at least they are trying to be less annoying. I haven't seen much with the others, but the one that is mixing SW places with RL place really urrks me.... I'll try and work with them.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:22:35 AM
I'd still like to know others opinions on the matter. Frankly, I would prefer them be banned, but I can't do that without the backing of a majority of members, so I'll wait and see what others think.

Darth Viscera
Apr 1st, 2004, 11:25:57 AM
KILL THEM WITH FIRE

ban them

Lorani T'sava
Apr 1st, 2004, 01:00:16 PM
I say give them a bit of time to stop being annoying because they are fresh blood here. If they don't improve or show signs of improving, then yes ban them.

Darth Vader
Apr 1st, 2004, 01:10:32 PM
I'd much rather beat them to a pulp and humiliate them IC than ban them outright. Every court needs a fool, or in this case, four.

Also, Rivin, as a Sith you should probably grow something akin to a spine when it comes to bloodsport. This is kinda how the Sith handle matters of proving the worth of newcomers. You shouldn't exactly have any difficulty in keeping them from killing you in the first place, and if you did, you wouldn't be worthy of our company at all :)

Dark Lord Rivin
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:07:30 PM
I know I could have delt with him, but I was just POed with that thread and those that steped in, and I needed a reason to get out of there, since the other two spoiled it by not letting me respond to any of the attacks. I know the sith would do something like that, but as I said I was not in the frame of mind to deal with it.

AmazonBabe
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:14:46 PM
Eh, I don't care what you guys do with the moronic newbies. If you've noticed, I basically stay out of the Join the Order forum. I can't stand reading the incoherent posts.

Darth Viscera
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:26:27 PM
Who gave Razvan a CT? Worse yet, who gave Razvan a CT which encourages his foolish "ZOMG IM A STAR WARS SITH FROM ROMANIA ON SO-CALLED EARTH LOL" rot? Do you want him to persist in his lunacy, or don't you?

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 5th, 2004, 02:27:47 AM
I gave him it. If people don't like it, change it back and clue him up on what he's doing wrong.

Lady Vader
Apr 5th, 2004, 11:52:33 AM
Actually, I think that's a very suitable CT. :lol

Lady Vader
Apr 6th, 2004, 06:05:43 PM
Posts 19 and onward (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30717&perpage=20&pagenumber=1)

AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH! The INHUMANITY!

*Falls to knees grabbing handfuls of hair and shaking her head*

Please make them stop! Make them STOOOOOOP!

:cry

(Warlock, great reply to why he shouldn't have Angel of Death as a CT :lol )

EDIT: It just goes on and on (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34920) like the Energizer Bunny! |I It even got Hollie razzed up!

Darth Viscera
Apr 6th, 2004, 07:04:12 PM
They will stop if banned.

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 6th, 2004, 07:06:26 PM
Daylight and Homer are the best of a bad lot. Otherwise, ban'em all. The spam must stop...

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 7th, 2004, 02:16:05 AM
Argh, some of them have started IMing me on AIM...

Darth Viscera
Apr 7th, 2004, 07:16:36 AM
you know...you could ban them

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 7th, 2004, 10:42:54 AM
That's what this thread was for, asking if people wanted them banned. All I want is a clear yes or no.

Lorani T'sava
Apr 7th, 2004, 11:40:42 AM
Give the ones that are improving a bit more time to see if they continue to improve.

As for the ones that aren't, ban em.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 7th, 2004, 11:41:52 AM
Which ones are which. I can't tell them apart.

Southstar
Apr 7th, 2004, 12:16:01 PM
Let's set a time limit and let them know they have that time to improve and meet the standards of the order. The standards would be things like correct spelling, use of punctuation, posts that contribute to a story, ect. And by deadline I don't mean like a month away, a short one so they really feel the pressure.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 7th, 2004, 01:27:58 PM
I've just turned one away point blank. EVERY other poster that comes here manages to write coherently, with proper grammar and spelling. It's not too much to ask that they do the same. Any further applicants who can't do that, I am turning away. The current crop of idiots have a couple of weeks, at best, and if there are no changes by then, the mighty ban hammer of Thor shall strike upon them.

AmazonBabe
Apr 7th, 2004, 03:03:06 PM
I concur.

Also to add to Southstar's list... for them to TONE down the spamming. They do quite a bit of it for newbies.

And personally, I'd give em a week tops.

What with the revamp under way, I want some serious spring cleaning to go through this board, including cleaning out old access names... and idiots.

Lady Vader
Apr 7th, 2004, 06:52:29 PM
Ok, here's a list of the recent newbies of 2004:

Razvan <strike>(He's trying, I'll give him that. I do see some improvement with each day.)</strike> (I take it back. He just killed whatever saving graces he had. He's close to having a first class ticket to hell given to him.)
<strike>Lord Dakar</strike>
<strike>Lord Sith Homer</strike>
Dark Daylight
dark lord forrest
Dark Lord Roccoo
no name
Darth Alf (I've only seen this guy post on occassion. Anyone have info on him?)

(Names with lines through em mean they're dead/banned from TSO.)

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 8th, 2004, 03:36:09 AM
Darth Alf (I've only seen this guy post on occassion. Anyone have info on him?)

It's Shade Magus.

Darth Viscera
Apr 8th, 2004, 05:28:59 AM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35122

rie, he's laughing at you. I think a prudent, measured response here would be to remove his torso from the rest of his body with a lightsaber, then let him off with a warning.

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 8th, 2004, 06:39:08 AM
I'm still gonna stick up for Daylight. His spelling's miles better than the rest and he's got some idea of how to develop a character. He fits in better with the rest of us than with those cretins.

EDIT: Razvan's latest:

Post number 7 (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34890)

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 8th, 2004, 06:44:32 AM
SOMEONE PLEASE KILL HIM.

Rasha Vill
Apr 8th, 2004, 09:55:13 AM
I would like to request that Homer not be banned right out. Myself and Daylight are working to help him improve, but From what I found from Daylight, Homer is just starting to learn English for the first time. He doesn't know better but is willing to learn.

And Daylight is willing to change his style, all people have to do is tell him what the problems he is having are, and he will do his best to fix it.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 8th, 2004, 10:01:20 AM
I repeat:

EVERY other poster that comes here manages to write coherently, with proper grammar and spelling. It's not too much to ask that they do the same.

Tell them to lurk. To stop posting and to just lurk, to look around and see how things work. If they had of done that in the first place, I don't imagine there would have been a problem.

Dark Lord Rivin
Apr 8th, 2004, 10:17:37 AM
All I'm asking is that Homer is givin the same chance that the others are getting, And not to be banned outright.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 8th, 2004, 10:24:42 AM
Well, it's Rie's call. I would just rather have him stay banned, but I support whatever Rie says.

Lady Vader
Apr 8th, 2004, 01:35:38 PM
Visc: I saw. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. but if he continues to oppose me, I'm sicking Warlock on him. I think the old man needs some practice. ( ;) @ Jen)

Je'gan: If Daylight gets to the point where he's just plain annoying, then no amount of good spelling or grammar would want to keep him at TSO. If he can't respect, then he doesn't deserve to remain.

As for Razvan, he's getting close to irritating me to the point where I will probably do what Jen so elequently just yelled. Like Jorshal said, he's posting in every thread he sees, and if those posts don't contribute to anything in said threads, then people, it's called SPAMMING.

Look, guys, I admire your patience in wanting to give these newbies a chance, but I' afraid Jen is right: Every other poster that has come here has actually been able to write, and frankly, they've actually lurked a bit before even posting. That's called being PRUDENT and thinking ahead.

These newbies have just jumped right in. I won't undo what I have done, but if you want to save the other's sorry behinds, then I suggest you tell them to either tone it down or do more lurking than posting for the meantime until they learn a bit more how these boards work.

I can't tolerate what's going on much longer. I've been here 5 years, and i've never seen a group all at once that was this bad. And I don't want to have a group of posters that IS this bad. TSO would end up being the laughing stock of the whole SWF community and I WILL NOT HAVE THAT.

From today you have 2 weeks to shape them up. If I don't see some serious improvement, more ppl are going to start losing limbs. (Of course, if they outright direspect me or pay me no heed, then I will remove them instantly without warning. If they can't figure out who the leaders are here, where this is make-believe, then gawd help them in the real world.

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 8th, 2004, 03:59:47 PM
*nods*

I can take on one or two as apprentices.

Lady Vader
Apr 8th, 2004, 04:53:44 PM
As of now, Razvan is on fast-melting ice... hell, it's not even thin anymore... more like rice paper.

He went ahead and insulted Hollie with something completely unfounded.

I am trying to be fair, so I have told him to tone it down and shape up. But frankly, I have no hope for the guy. I'll put it bluntly... he's stupid and NOT GETTING IT.

Next booboo he makes is gonna give him a nasty owie.

Zereth Lancer
Apr 8th, 2004, 10:21:17 PM
didnt Homer die in this thread (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=34625&highlight=homer) but he seems to be alive Here. (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=35168&highlight=homer) and he's marked down on LV's list as Dead or banned.....whats going on?

Lady Vader
Apr 10th, 2004, 12:01:18 AM
I did ban him! When I ban someone, they STAY banned unless someone comes and ask me and I GRANT them permission to unban a person!

Who unbanned him?!?! Step up and speak now! :verymad

And I'm re-banning him!

EDIT: Oh, I see now. He IS banned from TSO, but he's still RPing outside of TSO. I'll just have to PM him and make sure he understands he's on his own and not a part of TSO.

I've had it with these clowns.

Lady Vader
Apr 13th, 2004, 04:02:20 PM
|I

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34920

Why do I have the distinct feeling I just had my butt kissed in post #18... >_<

- - - - - - - - - - - -

And my post in this thread just about sums up my answer:

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35163

He was a nuisance OOC, and disrespectful IC.

I'm all for leaving him banned.

Darth Viscera
Apr 14th, 2004, 01:25:25 AM
Hit him with a brick for even bringing it up. The idiot deserved severe bannage and he got it. Fin.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 14th, 2004, 02:07:12 AM
I dont even need to click those links to know you're talking about Razvan. Banzor pleth.

Lady Vader
Apr 14th, 2004, 02:01:55 PM
Well, Razvan was the first one... Homer was the second link.

But Homer's "dead"... and soon Razvan will be too >D

Lady Vader
Apr 15th, 2004, 07:31:34 PM
I smell another wanna-be:

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35268

Could this be someone we've "killed" or "banned" that is coming back under a new name? The writing style is AWEFULLY familiar...

Southstar
Apr 15th, 2004, 09:02:15 PM
I think we should impose the new rules for admission, well, the ideas floating around for admission. Tell him to go out and accumulate about 40-50 posts and to come back when we know for a fact that he can roleplay.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 16th, 2004, 02:30:38 AM
It's Homer.

Darth Viscera
Apr 16th, 2004, 04:53:28 AM
oh for the love of askdfakjsl

AmazonBabe
Apr 16th, 2004, 12:05:17 PM
>_< GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDDDDD!

Someone either tell him to get the fawk out or go post 100 posts in his case... cause if I go talk to him, I'll probably end up telling him to screw himself and ripping him in two VERY MESSLY with the Force. :verymad

Lady Vader
Apr 16th, 2004, 12:44:06 PM
UPDATE:

Newbies who are gone (and I for one do not want to lift their bans.. what I have banned, I have banned):

Lord Dakar
Lord Homer

Newbies who are still hanging by a thread (but just barely):

Razvan

Newbies who seem to have disappeared (thank gawd):

no name

Newbies who have gone elsewhere (not our problem anymore):

Darth Alf

Newbies who have somehow by the grace of gawd been spared and are actually beginning to show intelligence:

Dark Daylight

Newbies that are still being figured out, whether they're still here, active, alive, etc:

dark lord forrest
Dark Lord Roccoo

FYI...

Master Android who has posted HERE (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35268) is actually Homer. Now I for one have my finger hovering over the ban button. When it comes to banning, if you're banned, it's for a reason, and that usually means that any other character you create and try to get access into a group is going to be banned as well.

From what I've read, his grammer, spelling, and over-all writing has not improved. He just doesn't seem to be making an effort to actually lurk a bit before jumping right in.

I don't want that kind of idiocy here. And I stand firmly by that.

EDIT: Ok, if this isn't impulsive and post-whatever-right-now, I don't know what is: http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35260

I'm sorry, but Android is not going to be a member here.

I have made/stickied a new thread (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35279) in the Join The Order forum stating that we are closing our doors to new recruits for a while (at least until we can straighten our thoughts out and get this place fixed up). It's just starting to be a bit aggrivating with the last months influx ofnewbies. I don't want to go through that again this month.

Damon the Shade
Apr 17th, 2004, 07:32:16 PM
He was a nuisance OOC, and disrespectful IC.

Just want to make a small point on thise comment. The OOc part of it I agree with being a Nuisance bad.

Disrespectful IC hell no did this turn into a kiddy show. You can't ban some one for being disrespectful IC. Hell I would have been banned from fans long ago if that where the case. I only got warned once for my characters being disrepectful to other characters and that was at TSE. Never here and if it starts i'm going to say screw it, we hare sith disrepectfulness is part of are Nature.

Thats alll on that subject.

BTW I thought you should have banned them awhile ago.

Darth Viscera
Apr 18th, 2004, 05:14:55 AM
Did you ever see Darth Maul act disrespectfully towards Darth Sidious? Darth Tyrannus towards Darth Sidious? Darth Vader towards Emperor Palpatine (up until he tossed him in the bottomless pit, I mean)? I should think not! You kneel before your superiors, you refer to them with lofty titles, you speak meekly in front of them and you don't get sliced in three, it's just that simple. Mouth off in front of them and they'll use the force to remove your spinal cord from your body through your colon in less than the time it takes to write X_X. If you have to be disrespectful to someone, save it for the Jedi.

Damon the Shade
Apr 18th, 2004, 06:24:59 PM
No I neve rdid but then again I never consider any of them real sith eather. You want real sith look at Marcus ragnos, Exar cunn(sp), and many other of the old sith empire up until about bane. After bane there where only a few remarkable sith.

Bane IMO ruined the idea of a true sith. Marcus ragnos and many others kiled there masters to prove they where stronger. Now tell me that isn't the highest form of disrespect. The old sith empire had it right do what ever it takes to prove you are the strongest. There was no such thing as respect.

Palp I take back he was real sith he used control he only let tyranis and Vader get to a certain point and then he quit training them. He kept them from there full potential, that and he was the first sith in a long time to break Banes rule wich was great. after him there was no more rule of two.

Darth Viscera
Apr 18th, 2004, 08:33:04 PM
Originally posted by Damon the Shade
No I neve rdid but then again I never consider any of them real sith eather.

consistent direct film canon > badly drawn comic mini-series

Don't disrespect Sith of higher rank than yourself IC, no matter what they did 5,000 years before the battle of yavin. Save it for the Jedi.

AmazonBabe
Apr 19th, 2004, 12:48:37 PM
Visc is right. Fighting amongst ourselves is stupid. Why do you think the Sith dies out? Cause they kept freakin killing each other.

Anyways, this isn't about that. This is about the n00bs.

I've banned a few and the rest are on thin ice. I want to stress that I don't want TSo to end up being the laughing stock of the neighborhood cause we can't stomache banning a few retards.

As to being real Sith, the whole point of the revamp is to bring about this. I've already told everyone here in a post made a few weeks ago that I want to become a new terror in the galaxy. I want to pale all those other Dark Sider groups. We can be bigger than them... hell, we have the bigger name in reputation.

We'll start manipulating our way to the top, starting with our own systems. Make the people think the Jedi are the enemy, hence why we've been "aiding" them to have a good economy. the fools don't know they're actually helping us.

I could go on and on... bottom line is we are going to once again show that we are the group to be feared. And we'll pick an appropriate target to show we are merciless, without so much as leaving a trace to point to us. After all, we're the "good guys" here in the Corellian system and to every other world we have under the TSO flag. Manipulation is the key word.

Sanis Prent
Apr 19th, 2004, 05:12:45 PM
Let me go ahead and suggest that there are other methods of dealing with the "tards", such as hiring a bounty hunter ;)

Damon the Shade
Apr 19th, 2004, 07:29:05 PM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
consistent direct film canon > badly drawn comic mini-series

Don't disrespect Sith of higher rank than yourself IC, no matter what they did 5,000 years before the battle of yavin. Save it for the Jedi.

I would go by the films except the only thing that did episode 1 and two justice where the books. George Lucas lost allot of my respect especially with the boba fett story line he butchered all to hell. My knowledge on Marcus ragnos and bane and sith old mostly comes fromt he dark side source book not some badly drawn comic.

To answer that last statement it seems i need to play Blade a Little more around these parts just to show you how disrespectful a guy can be and survive. Although he isn't of low rank anymore so it won't be as much fun as it was when I taunted videl as an apperentice and still she wouldn't fight or all thoughs times I bashed Vega. Ah the good old days.

As for this new guys I could careless if there banned I won't try to save there butts. I'm just saying you should ban them on facts that there characters are disrespectful IC towards other people IC. Its like telling for example Sanis Prent that he should act so much like scoundrel or telling Visc he shouldn't act so Imperial or telling Vega he shouldn't act like a butt hole or arrogant. It ruins a character and takes control away from its player. I hated when TSE told me straight out I should play blade as a loner with bad attitude towards everyone and that I shouldn't have him be a smart <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>. Well I could say if I would have listen to them I wouldn't be here now.

Darth Viscera
Apr 19th, 2004, 07:57:10 PM
so? don't disrespect higher ranking sith than yourself at TSO.

You think Visc thinks it spoons with his status in the Empire that he has to kneel before Sith Masters and say "What is thy bidding?"? Hardly, but he does it as a means of showing respect to superiors, and I do it as a means of maintaining continuity with the way Sith act in the films. And if my character has to show that sign of respect, then by god, yours does too.

Damon the Shade
Apr 19th, 2004, 08:32:08 PM
Damon as a character would disrespect a higher ranking sith because well thats the way he is and thats the way i play him.

I f Blade where here he would tell a higher ranking sith where to shove it if he didn't like way they operated because thats the way he is and thats the way I play him.

Do you get my point Visc? Its no fun to rp if you have others telling you how you should play your characters attitudes. Telling some one they have to play there characters respectfully towards higher ranking characters is bull.

In real life is everyone going to be respectful to you just because your the boss or better yet because your the president or ruler of a country? Hell look at how many people are publically disrespectful G.W. Bush and he is commander of an army.

Darth Viscera
Apr 19th, 2004, 09:24:27 PM
Its no fun to rp if you have others telling you how you should play your characters attitudes. Telling some one they have to play there characters respectfully towards higher ranking characters is bull.

No, it's common sense. LV is putting people to death for disrespect. Your character IC does not know that IRL there is a no killing rule in the FAQ, so IC your character shows some restraint lest he be sliced and diced. Or are you giving permission to the TSO elders to kill off your character because he shows a lack of respect?

Basically, you can't exploit the OOC no killing rule to do things IC which you wouldn't ordinarily do for fear of death, like being disrespectful to very deadly people.

Rasha Vill
Apr 20th, 2004, 11:33:40 AM
According to Daylight, dark lord forrest and Dark Lord Roccoo are not comming back.

Darth Viscera
Apr 20th, 2004, 07:02:01 PM
oh nos

Lady Vader
Apr 20th, 2004, 07:33:22 PM
Thanks for the update Rasha.

Oh, and Damon... careful on the ice you tread, lest a gimongous slimey eel come up from underneath and swallow you whole.

Lady Vader
Apr 20th, 2004, 07:35:54 PM
UPDATE:

Newbies who are gone (and I for one do not want to lift their bans.. what I have banned, I have banned):

Lord Dakar
Lord Homer

Newbies who have said they aren't coming back (one can only hope this isn't a hoax):

dark lord forrest
Dark Lord Roccoo

Newbies who seem to have disappeared (thank gawd):

no name

Newbies who have gone elsewhere (not our problem anymore):

Darth Alf

Newbies who are still hanging by a thread (but just barely):

Razvan

Newbies who have somehow by the grace of gawd been spared and are actually beginning to show intelligence:

Dark Daylight

- - - - - - - - - -

So, in essence... that, as they say, is that.

Daylight is here to stay for the time being, assuming he continues to improve and learn. He is now apprentice to Vega, and I assume is showing some intelligence. *Looks to Jen*

Razvan seems to have quieted a bit, though I haven't been keeping tabs on him to see if he's improving or not. We'll just have to keep watching him closely.

And the rest are GONE! WHEEE! *Does happy dance*

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 21st, 2004, 01:32:09 AM
Daylight is here to stay for the time being, assuming he continues to improve and learn. He is now apprentice to Vega, and I assume is showing some intelligence. *Looks to Jen*

So far. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Charley
Apr 21st, 2004, 12:23:07 PM
Darth Alf is Shade Magus, IIRC

Damon the Shade
Apr 21st, 2004, 01:32:40 PM
Originally posted by Lady Vader
Thanks for the update Rasha.

Oh, and Damon... careful on the ice you tread, lest a gimongous slimey eel come up from underneath and swallow you whole.

I'm sorry I'm in to joking around as much as the rest. If you don't believe read my stuff at fasc but I'm sorry I have to ask this LV since I really don't know you that well. Was this a threat of banning or just a joke on your part. I'm deciding weather I should laugh or watch myself now?

AmazonBabe
Apr 21st, 2004, 03:50:04 PM
Maybe a little of both. I wouldn't outright ban you like I did the newbies cause I know you're not a blathering idiot. I was just making sure that you weren't pushing the envelope about being disrespectful to the Elders. I can understand this being an IC thing... but just don't take it too far is all.

And even if you did, it would be decided among the Elders of what your fate would be, in an IC sense. If found guilty or whatever, your sentencing wouldn't be banning, but banishment from the Order (kinda like what happened to LD).

But, just to put your mind at ease, you're on good standings right now. So no worries. :)

Damon the Shade
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:18:51 PM
Like I said but the post got deleted Damon is completely different then Blade. Balde would be out right disrespectful to anyone and he wouldn't care what his punishment was. Damon how ever isn't that way so no worries on him bashing the elders. Banishment is different then banning and I could understand that. :)

Lady Vader
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:35:41 PM
(We only reserve banning for those ppl that bug the bejeeses out of us. ^_^ )

Southstar
Apr 23rd, 2004, 02:53:30 PM
As a way of controlling who comes into the order and who doesn't, could we create an application for people to fill out? First off it would tell us if the person has some sort of a plan for their character or a history. It would be much easier to judge if this person is an idiot or not and we wouldn't have to wait for them to swamp the boards with rediculous posts to find out. And a sample roleplay should be included, based on what they would normally post as an entrance in the Join the Order Forms. If accepted by whomever, then the entrance to TSO could continue off from the sample roleplay. Also, I don't think the acceptance should be limited to the elders, no need to swamp you guys with reviewing applications when the rest of us can do just as well.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 24th, 2004, 02:22:48 AM
I think that would be good. Perhaps it could have OOC and IC parts. Instead of them coming and doing a little joining thread, they could just submit an application form, we could review it, then accept or deny it! I like that idea.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 25th, 2004, 07:36:42 AM
Okay, what about something like this posted in the Recruitment forum...

RULES

So You Want To Join The Sith Order

Thank you for taking an interest in the Sith Order. Before you begin role-playing here, there are some important things you should read. The first of these is the boardwide FAQ (http://sw-fans.net/forum/misc.php?s=&action=faq). This should answer the majority of questions you may have about roleplaying at SWFans. Once you have read the FAQ, and the information below, please take a short while to ‘lurk’ around the boards. This means that you do not do any posting, but simply read other threads. This will give you a good idea of how roleplaying at SWFans works, and help you avoid any unnecessary stress should you accidentally do something wrong. If you have any queries that aren’t covered either in the boardwide FAQ, or the information below, please post them in our OOC forum (http://sw-fans.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=124).

How To Join

Joining The Sith Order is a simple process. To join, copy and paste the application form below. Fill in the details needed, then post it in this forum. Each of the questions is fairly self explanatory. If you are struggling to think of something to write for the questions, perhaps you should rethink your character. When you are joining, you should already have a good idea about the workings of your character, so completing the form shouldn’t be too hard. The Skills area is one which we understand may be somewhat confusing – some examples of what could be given here are electronics skills (slicing/hacking), mechanical skills (repair/construction), combat skills (basic training in a martial art or weapon proficiency) and so on - as always, try to be creative.

One other important part of the form to draw your attention to is the very last question, which asks whether or not you have read the rules. Answer ‘Of course not’ to this question, to show that you have in fact read the rules. Once you have posted your application, it will either be accepted or rejected. If you are accepted, you may begin posting at the Sith Order. If you are rejected, the reason for your rejection will be explained. You will have the chance to, if applicable, make changes to your application and re-submit it. This, however, still does not guarantee you will be admitted.

Please be patient when applying. Do not contact a member of the group asking if and when you will be accepted. Patience is an important part of roleplaying as a whole, so showing some when you are just joining is important. We look forward to reading your application.

APPLICATION FORM

Character name: Your characters name or alias which they go by.

Character Profile: Your characters personality, general demeanor and attitude.

Character History: A history of your character. It can be as long as you like, but please make it at least a paragraph long. Having a good background for your character is important, because a persons past affects their present and future a lot. If you know where your character has come from, it is much easier to imagine where they’re going and how they would realistically react to certain situations.

Character Motivations: Why your character wants to become a Sith. Try to be creative and think outside of the norm – there can only be so many people in the galaxy who want vengeance for the death of their father/brother/dog who was killed by Jedi.

Character Skills: Current skills that your character possesses. There are some examples of these types of skills in the rules.

Why should we accept you: Tell us why you think your character would be a good addition to the Sith Order. Everyone who joins must be loyal to their Master and the Order, so this is not a viable reason.

Roleplaying example: This can be a thread with the character you intend to play at the Sith Order, or another you have at SWfans. Which thread you submit if your choice entirely. The thread will be used to see if you can meet an acceptable level of grammar/spelling and are able write something conducive to the story.

Do you understand that your application can be rejected: Simple question.

Have you read the rules: If you have read them, you’ll know what to write here.

Southstar
Apr 25th, 2004, 12:08:41 PM
I think something should be added to the Roleplaying Example section. Something about how the sample RP is only wanted to make sure the person knew what grammer was and could write something condusive to the story. I don't know about anyone else, but I was always intimidated by the sample RP section because I never knew what was being looked for.

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 26th, 2004, 10:32:16 AM
That's a good point.

AmazonBabe
Apr 26th, 2004, 03:37:16 PM
I like that application. It'll certainly limit the number of people joining, and we'll be able to screen them before saying yay or nay (and without too many headaches).

You should probably also mention (and sorry if you did and I missed it) that they shouldn't PM you or any other member with their status. Basically a don't call us, we'll call you with the results.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 27th, 2004, 01:09:36 AM
I didn't mention that either, nope. Hm. Any other changes? Want to make sure everyone is happy with it.

Dasquian Belargic
May 2nd, 2004, 04:54:26 AM
I've editted the original version.

Lady Vader
May 5th, 2004, 06:03:38 PM
Looks good. :)

Careful or we may make you TSO's lawyer! :lol

Darth Viscera
May 5th, 2004, 11:34:58 PM
ahem, I believe the english term for "lawyer" is "bar stool". just being culturally sensitive...

AmazonBabe
May 6th, 2004, 12:28:19 PM
Wha? O_o

Dasquian Belargic
May 6th, 2004, 12:30:17 PM
He's just being a nonce :p

Lady Vader
May 6th, 2004, 01:03:46 PM
Oh! I smalle a new addition to a CT! :lol

Darth Viscera
May 6th, 2004, 01:43:06 PM
bar stool, barrister, well at least they sound alike

Dasquian Belargic
May 6th, 2004, 02:11:18 PM
PPFTT. I don't know what freaky English you're talking.

Southstar
May 12th, 2004, 07:02:04 PM
Does anyone know when the application is going to be posted?

Je'gan Olra'en
May 24th, 2004, 06:27:13 AM
They're back.

Lady Vader
May 24th, 2004, 05:43:00 PM
DEAR GAWD, NO!

You did good, Je'gan. :)

Je'gan Olra'en
May 24th, 2004, 06:44:28 PM
*bows* Thanks. I was a hair from replying when Mondo went IC...maybe pulling a Sorsha on him...

...can I? Please? A dismemberment would so improve my mood just now.

Southstar
May 24th, 2004, 07:33:17 PM
You should pull a lever that opens a trap door causeing Wondo to fall into a dark void, Looney Toons style.

Je'gan Olra'en
Aug 13th, 2004, 01:09:28 PM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36572

Guess who's back...

Southstar
Aug 13th, 2004, 03:35:50 PM
At least his RP skill has seemingly gone up

Je'gan Olra'en
Aug 13th, 2004, 03:46:45 PM
Eh, true enough. It's only in the low negatives now ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 16th, 2004, 03:09:10 AM
He's profaning the image of Ken Masters :cry

AmazonBabe
Aug 16th, 2004, 05:26:22 PM
But... but... isn't that the pic you use/used for Vega? :uhoh

Ok, he seems to be writing a wee bit better. But it's still not impressing me much. :\

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 17th, 2004, 01:32:52 AM
I did use it for him, yeah, but I abandoned it when I picked up Speedman, so that I wasn't hogging three images.

AmazonBabe
Aug 17th, 2004, 02:42:47 PM
Eh, I woulda let you hog em all. I can't see the pic he's using without thinking Vega.

As it is, if someone hadn't mentioned it was a newbie, I prob wouldn't have noticed the name, paid more attention to the pic, and then thought "But, Jen doesn't write like THAT!" :lol

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 18th, 2004, 11:17:13 AM
Yeah, Ken always makes me think of Vega too, like the way Joaquin Phoenix makes me think of he-who-must-not-be-named :mneh

AmazonBabe
Aug 25th, 2004, 11:19:25 AM
Or evertime I see someone with a Mara Jade avatar, I suddenly think of she-who-must-not-be-named and start having this urgency to be very violent.

Je'gan Olra'en
Aug 25th, 2004, 05:38:13 PM
Oh? We had a female Itala?

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2004, 04:54:09 AM
There are several they-who-must-not-be-named's, unfortunately. Luckily, so long as you don't say their name three times in a row, they won't appear!

Mara Jade (the original, AFAIK, and a nasty piece of work)
Itala Marzullo
Jeseth Cloak
Jedah Lynch

I'm the sure list goes on :p

Je'gan Olra'en
Aug 26th, 2004, 07:02:11 AM
So what was the issue, really? Powergaming? OOC deceptions?

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2004, 07:10:34 AM
OOC deceptions, infiltration, and so on.

Je'gan Olra'en
Aug 26th, 2004, 07:15:27 AM
*sighs* Why can't people just resolve their differences with a nice, cooperative bloodbath?

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2004, 07:20:37 AM
Well, infiltration used to be legal and there was OOC conflicts/backstabbing a plenty, so I guess some people just never got over the change to a more mature system.

Baracc Olra'en
Aug 26th, 2004, 07:25:19 AM
Yeah. Really...couldn't you just do it all above-board and make a good story out of it?

....or have I read the FAQ wrong again? :P

Lady Vader
Aug 31st, 2004, 04:01:58 PM
Hey Jen! You forgot to add a name to that list:

Xazor :uhoh