PDA

View Full Version : Fragile lives - (Open to Two Jedi)

Tear
Mar 31st, 2004, 04:30:17 AM
( /OOC: This is open to Two Jedi, preferably two who are working together.)

Almania. A planet whose people were not unfamiliar with the terrors the universe could inflict on them. Yet the sorrow and despair they felt was just as great each time as it had been before, the saying what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger in this sense, doesn’t apply.

Most people to have some misfortunes fall upon them at one point and would ask, why me? Most of the time the reasons were apparent and clear even for those asking the question. The people on Almania on the other hand…do have good reason to ask why? Their planet lays far into deep space on the outer rim. So far in fact that even the galactic empire when it did reign supreme chose to ignore it and its three moons, Pydyr, Auyemesh, and Drewwa. A total of two massacres lay dusty in the Almanian past. Once under a regime that oppressed its people and hung the dead bodies of any whom would defy them on the palace walls. Under that regime came revolution and war that also claimed many lives, but at least they were now free? Not so, their leader turned mad massacred the oppressors and any that stood in his way, leaving only one thousand hand picked Almanians to survive the holocaust. This was not the end of the overlord’s reign though. Before the New Republic finally moved to end his bloody reign the overlord managed to murder the entire population of both Pydyr and Auyemesh.

The Almanian people would ask the same question again. Why us?

Between the wind swept mountain peeks of Dalar, nestled in the cold plains a city burned in the shadows of night. Plumes of thick smoke stood like organic spires into the night sky fueled by a raging fire that roamed like a demon, trying to quench an insatiable thirst as it reached out to the homes of Almanian families. The roar of flame blanketed any sound of sirens or screams, only relenting to the ground shaking explosions that continued to rock the city.

An hour earlier,

“Bozak!” A young ensign exclaimed happily

“You son of a..”

“Tone it down you two. This is a military vessel not a nightclub. Either act like your New Republic on this ship or get the hell off it.” The aging captain growled at the two young ensigns that were enjoying their card game down in the sensor pit.

“Sorry Captain. But you gotta admit, Military protocols are kinda lax at the banthas hind end of space. So we are just tryin uh..to enjo..…” The young ensigns voice trailed off as he realized the sincerity of the captains cold glare bearing down on him. The two young navy boys gave a quick glance at each other before burying their faces in their cards.

The old captain sat back down and drew up his cup of tea. The cup rose to his lips, where the soft aroma of herbs melted into the air, the captain’s temper cooled and washed away with the tiny sip. The aging captain known to many of the crew as Captain kettle, because of his tendency to turn a bright red whenever he lost his temper, spouting off to anyone unlucky enough to be caught in his path. The cream colored cup was delicately settled between wrinkled hands, as tired eyes stared out under gray eyebrows toward the large view port. A glint of light…out in space it wasn’t a star. The captain turned his lips forming to make way for the question but one of the young ensigns beat him to it.

“Sir a ship just reverted from hyperspace off our bow.”

“What kind of ship.” The captain’s tone was light carrying with it only the sternness a captain needed when commanding a ship. There was a pause as the young man plucked away at his terminal, running scans, verifying, filtering out background noise, and rerunning more specified scans all in a matter of seconds.

“Skipray II blastboat. No markings, no identifying signatures other then its class a pirate maybe?”

“Hmm..” The captain continued to stare out at the small vessel on approach. Pretty far out on the outer rim for pirates. Let alone for one to be coming to Almania. There was nothing of worth here to a pirate especially when a New Republic Neb-B frigate and a correlian gunship guarded it. “Are her weapon systems armed?”

“No sir, she’s only running scans. A lot of them…”

“Well we can’t have people jumping in uninvited and poking their noses around, open a channel and lock weapons just to make sure they get the point.”

“Sir! They’re transmitting.”

“Transmitting what?”

“Um…looks like coordinates…our coordinates.” The Ensigns face turned a ghostly pale color as he turned to look up at his captain.

She had crossed the line now. “Charge weapons. Engage engines and ready tractor beams. Take her out or take her in, whichever you boys prefer. Ensign where was that ship transmit..” Old Captain Kettles jaw dropped as he realized the severity of his situation when seven other Skiprays stretched into existence nearly right on top of her. But that wasn’t what made the old man’s cup of tea shatter over the durasteel floor. It was the sight of the Imperial Star destroyer that was now looming just behind the squadron of eight blastboats. “SHIELDS!” The captain’s red-faced scream went unheard over the exploding bridge. Brilliant green bolts lanced out over the Frigates unprotected hull. Flashes of flame and debris pelted over the ship as bulkheads where disintegrated and atmosphere ignited into flame before being snuffed out by the void of space. The onslaught was only intensified as the eight skiprays moved on the frigate like a pack of wolves on injured prey, unleashing the pent of energy in their weapon systems and missile banks, only breaking off at the last moment as they savored the flavor of their destruction.

The black armored figure of Colonel Tear stood defiantly on the bridge of one of the sleek black unmarked Blastboats. In front of him was a dazzling display of explosions and rapid streaming light, it was beautiful. Unlike most men the knowledge that men and women were having their lives snuffed out by his orders only served to make it more attractive to him. “Proceed to the next stage. Make sure our friend doesn’t let that gunship get away. We don’t need the New Republic to know what was happened here yet.” Tears blue eyes watched as the Nebula-B Frigate’s hull buckled and burned, large molten chunks floating away, leaving only charred husk of what it had been moments before. In all honesty he hadn’t expected the Frigate to be there in the first place. Intelligence, ironically enough, had informed him it would be out on weekly maneuvers. The ship had been under surveillance for a good period of time and was very prompt in its actions. Too bad they didn’t keep up with tradition. Engines flashed bright blue as each blastboat accelerated toward the planet Almania, the dull orange light of the burning frigate reflecting cleanly of their sleek forms.

“When we are in position begin the bombing run on their cities.” Tears voice was soft, nearly emotionless as his eyes took in the large blue orb that gradually filled up his field of view. The innocents below were most likely sleeping in their beds, content and happy, knowing that above The New Republic was their protecting their tiny back water planet. Tear couldn’t help but smile at the irony, you wouldn’t think a planet out in the middle of no where with nothing have major value to be the subject of what was coming. But he needed a lamb. Innocent and far enough away from the Republic so no reprisals were immanent. If there were Jedi on the planet they would be coming for whoever was about to perform this horrific act in the name of justice. If there were not any Jedi there…Tear would make sure they would sense the loss of life through the entire galaxy.

Clouds were cleaved by the pack of ships, leaving soft, white, wispy tails that clung to the black crafts hulls for a moment, almost as if heaven itself was reaching out to try and hold them back. It was still dark and Tear could barely make out the silhouette of a sleeping city on the horizon. Canting his head to the side slightly Tear gave a brief look back to his men before giving the order, “Open fire.”

A metallic Cylinder swayed on the end of a thin yet tough leather hide strap. The cylinder swayed softly in the brisk wind that ran down the mountain peeks of Dalar. Its owner stood, black armored fitted tightly to his body contrasting heavily against the white snow that the man was standing in. But the coldness did match the blue eyes that gazed down from the mountain peek to the burning city below. He could feel it. Lives that were born, grew into child hood made friends, fell in love had familes, living the simple life this backwater planet provided. Years of life all ended in a matter of seconds because of a man called Tear. It bothered him, only for a moment, before a smile rose over his lips as the feeling of loss opened a hole into the tangled web called the force that wrapped around everyone. He knew the Jedi would feel it and he was waiting for them.

Shade Magus
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:19:42 PM
Shade jumped out of his bed with a start and instinctively called his lightsaber to him with an audible snapp-hiss in the quiet little room, the green blade softly illuminating the room. His shirt was soaked in sweat. What was that feeling? The Jedi turned his weapon off and looked around the now dark room and went over to his bed, beginning to put his robes on. He fumbled in the darkness until his eyes finally adjusted and was able to get completely dressed. He grabbed his belt, strapping it on as he walked out of his room to see if Natia had felt the disturbance as well.

It was hard to imagine that he would be here alone with Natia Elessar after their past and everything, but it was time to put thing behind them and move on. When he reached the door of her room he knocked gently, hoping that she was awake and he wasn't just being paranoid. His Sekotan ship, whom he was connected to through the Force sent out a wave of assurance to calm him down. Thanks. Now let's just hope that I am not being paranoid, or I might have a fight on my hands in here!

"Natia? Are you awake? I think we have something we might need to look at. I think something awful has happened."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:23:54 PM
*Natia was already in the process of dressing when Shade asks if she's awake*

Yeah, I'm awake and almost dressed. And yeah, unfortunately, I agree with you on that. Something indeed has happened which needs our attention.

*Natia opens the door to her room less than a minute later, dressed in a dark blue bodysuit, her lightsaber clipped to her side*

I'm ready for whatever it is.

Shade Magus
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:37:06 PM
Shade nodded and began walking towards the cockpit.

"You have any idea what that was? All I know is it felt like smething I had never felt before. It was as if a million voice were screamed, and then suddenly stopped."

As the door to the cockpit opened, Shade sat down in the pilots chair and began scanning the nearby systems for anything unusual.

"Naita, could you monitor the scanners of any transmissions?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:39:54 PM
Sorry, I'm at a lost as well. Never felt anything like it before either.

*Natia sits down in the copilots seat and sets to monitoring the scanners for any transmissions*

Shade Magus
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:45:55 PM
Shade reached out with the Force, trying to find something, but to no avail.

"I just don't understand. What was tha...wait a minute...what was that?"

Shade had felt a prickling sensation and as soon as it had appeared, it was gone. His ears pricked though when he heard something on the channels Natia was monitoring.

"Hold on. Go back a few channels. There! What are they saying?"

Shade leaned in closer to try and decipher the transmission, but it was coming over too broken.

"I wonder if that has anything to do with what we felt. Try and get a lock on where that came from, please."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:56:38 PM
Sure thing Shade.

*Nata sets to work as best she can. After several minutes of quiet, intense work, a smile appears on her face as she lists off the coordinates which she believes the transmission is coming from*

Shade Magus
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:13:50 PM
Shade smiled too. He knew the system and they weren't that far away.

"That's the Almania system. Good job, now let's see what we find."/i]

Shade enter the coordinated and pulled back on the hyperdrive switch. It was only a short jump from were they were. It would only take about half an hour at the most.

[i]"Well, now we just wait. I'm going to go get something to drink. I'll be right back."

Shade went back to the little diner area of the ship and poured himself a cup of coffee, and was about to go back when he thought for a moment, and poured Natia a cup as well. He walked back into the cockpit and handed it to her.

"I wasn't sure if you wanted anything so I go you a cup of coffee. We should be coming out of hyperspace in the next fifteen minutes, and we need to be ready."

Shade sat back down and leaned back in his chair, sipping from his drink. Trying to reach out and touch whatever was out there. Before he knew it they were out of hyperdrive and back into real space. The Jedi reached up to turn on his scanners, when the warning systems started going crazy.

He looked around confused for moment before his eyes settle on the planet before them. It was in utter ruin, and there sat an Imperial Star destroyer. He knew instantly what ad happened, but why? He sat there stunned for a moment before realizing that some of the ships must have detected them when they left hyperspace.

"Oh man...sheilds up! Evasive actions."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:20:07 PM
*Natia sits back with her cup of coffee, enjoying a cup now and then. When the come out of hyperspace though, she's checking the scanners herself*

Uh, I don't know where the shields are here.

Shade Magus
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:27:01 PM
Shade stopped for a moment and then kicked himself. He had forgootten that this was Natia's first time on his ship.

"Actually...maybe you should go to the back and man the lasers. I can handle things back here, and you're prrobably a better shot than me anyways."

Tear
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:29:00 PM
Arms folded across his chest, Tear continued to stare out over the burning city lost in his thoughts. A chirp from his comm link broke him from his daze, guiding a few nimble fingers to his wrist, activating the link. “What is It?”

“Sir, A ship just dropped out of hyper space.” Ylor, Tears second in command, reported dutifully as the fleet of eight blastboats and the star destroyer swooped to form a barrier around the ship.

“Good. You know what to do.”

“Aye sir.” The link closed as the soldier gave a nod to the men on his bridge. The fleet opened fire, raining searing bolts of energy over the intruding ships hull. The shots weren’t meant to hit the ship but rather direct it toward the planet. The Imperial ships moved like wolves cutting off any escape as they corralled and force the Jedi toward the planet… down to the waiting maw of their leader on the planets surface below. Not that they had any choice in the matter...they were outgunned in everyway size and firepower.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:30:47 PM
I'll do that.

*Natia quickly finishes off her coffee before getting up and heading to the laser turret where she straps herself in and powers up the turret if it's not already powered up*

Shade Magus
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:38:35 PM
Shade moved the ship in a tight roll as the ships began to target the Pride. He moved forward towards, the planet trying deperately to avoid the fire. He began pushing the ship to it's limits, outmanuvering the chasing star fighters. The Jedi tried hailing the ships, trying to find out what they wanted.

As he tried to hail them he headed for the planet, coming in way to fast.

"Hold on Natia! This is going to be bumpy."

Bumpy wasn't the word as the ship went flying through the atmosphere. Shade got control of the ship as the ground came rushing up and instead of crashing, it wasmore of an improvised landing.

"Hey are you alright?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:53:38 PM
Yeah, I'm fine. Still in one piece. You??

*Natia says as she does a mental check over herself, making sure that she's all in one piece before making her way back to the cockpit*

Shade Magus
Apr 1st, 2004, 06:58:49 PM
Shade nodded as he responded.

"Yeah. Come one let's get out there and see what's going on."

Shade went to the docking ramp and lowered it as far as it would go. He began to wak outside, but stopped when he saw what it was like. The ground was scarred from reent bombings, the sky was black with smoke. Who could have done this? He noticed a man standing off in the distance overlooking a ledge.

"Hey you there? What happened here?"

Tear
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:08:08 PM
A fireball burned through the atmosphere as it cut through the blackened skies of Almania. The flame’s fell away to reveal the searing red hull of a ship, who’s decent slowed drastically, nimbly avoiding crashing into the ground. So the Jedi have arrived, Tear thought quietly to himself as he looked on. He could barely make out the flailing of arms and the opening of the cockpit as…one…two figures, most likely both were Jedi, removed themselves from the ship.

A voice carried through the wind although Tear couldn’t make it out from the distance he was at. But from the pitch and the direction it was most likely projected at him. Apparently they had spotted him. Tear smirked as he unholstered one of two blasters that hung from his hips and leveled it toward the two. “Come get me Jedi..” He whispered, while the gloved finger squeezed the trigger firing off a single shot toward the two new comers.

Shade Magus
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:13:10 PM
Shade watched as the blaster bolt came near him. He moved his hand in front of him and allowed the Force to flow through him. It had been a long time since he had used this technique that Sage Hazzard had taugh him, but it came back naturally. He pulled the bolt towards him and it hit his hand, his body absorbing the blast. He kept walking straight towards the guy, deciding this was the one they were looking for. When he was closer, Shade called out again.

"Hey! what is the meaning of this?"

Tear
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:39:52 PM
Powdered snow crunched forgivingly beneath his boots with each step toward the cliff’s edge. A trickle of snow dusted into the night air, sprinkling like powder over the couple below. Tear smiled, the sound of leather caressing over leather as the black armored man crouched down onto one knee to peer over the edge.

“The meaning Jedi? This is a beginning of war. A war that will not end until your religion is but a myth that’s whispered by old wives to their children. Your kind has been lax in this galaxy for far to long and its time for that to come to an end. No longer will you walk freely over this galaxy. No longer will you push your injustices on other beings in the name of your so called Justice.” Tear hissed the last few words through clenched teeth as he spat down at the two. “You will know fear in this galaxy once again.” The darksider stood once more and walked back from the ledge. Leaving a trail of footsteps down the middle of to rocky cliff faces the effectively formed a miniature canyon. A sickening whisper echoing off the cold mountain rocks..."Catch me if you can."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:54:47 PM
*Natia walks along side of Shade and listens as he talks to the stranger who fired at them. Her eyes narrow slightly at the mention of war. She's definately going to have to tell Grandpa about this*

Well, you're the more experienced one of us here, suggestions??

*Natia questions Shade*

Shade Magus
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:39:08 PM
Shade shook his head. Everything that a Jedi is taught leads towards not fighting unless it was a last result, but he could see that no matter what this would come down to fighting. The Jedi still had a few things on his side though. Time could be a powerful ally if used correctly. If he could keep this guy talking long enough then it might buy them he time to come up with a plan.

"And why now? From your speach it sounds like you have been here long nough that if you didn't like the Jedi you could have lashed out before. What makes this a prominent time to declare war?"

When he looked up he noticed that the man was moving away from them. He sighed and walked forward, following him, repeating his question. He hated when people did this and they felt like it was a flare for dramatics.

Darth Vader
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:34:39 PM
As the two Jedi stepped through the mouth of the canyon, a dark figure followed from behind, cutting off the path they had taken.

"The answer to that question should now be apparent to you."

The obsidian-clad man stepped forward, the echo of his bootsoles on the wind-swept rock matched in cold timbre by his mechanical rasp. The sun glinted faintly off his black helm, giving eerie life to his most infamous death's head visage.

"I trust that I require no introduction."

Tear
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:09:17 PM
Tear slowed to a stop and spun on his heels creating a gravely scraping sound as he turned to face the now trapped Jedi. The metallic cylinder suspended on the end of a dark brown leather strap floated up into Tears waiting left hand, held just above his hip. The cylinder was unclipped and freed from its restraint, letting the gloved had drop back down comfortably.

“Yes, very apparent by now.” Tears cold blue eyes leveled on the pair as his near mechanical ally closed in from behind. The black armored body of Colonel Tear tensed, like a snake coiling, and ready to strike. Tear slid his tongue slowly over his teeth in anticipation, almost tasting the blood that would be spilled. “War is coming Jedi. A war you will not survive.”

Shade Magus
Apr 5th, 2004, 03:11:05 PM
"No one truely survives war. It destroys us all in some way."

To Natia he spoke quiter.

"Do you think you can hold your ground against either of these two?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Apr 6th, 2004, 09:43:09 AM
*Natia nods slight*

Probably for a short while, but by the end of it, I'm either gonna be defeated or extremely sore. I can last however long I need to.

*Natia looks at Tear, and then to Vader, not showing any signs of fear*

Shade Magus
Apr 7th, 2004, 04:11:56 AM
"Good, because think you might have to if this escalates any farther, but let's try not to put that much distance between us so we can help each other if we get the chance."

Tear
Apr 7th, 2004, 08:42:27 PM
Waiting idle never sat well with Tear. A gloved hand raised up leveling on the two Jedi, eyes squinted in hateful concentration a low hum ran echoed off the solid rock walls as Tear manipulated the force wrapping it around the two. Then it came in unison with Tears hand closing in the first the two would feel their body’s gripped in an invisible force and tossed backwards toward the waiting destruction veiled behind the infamous mask of Darth Vader.

The familiar snap hiss of a lightsaber followed, Tears brilliant orange blade hummed dully with each step as he advanced forward. “I don’t think you two realize the seriousness of your situation.”

Shade Magus
Apr 8th, 2004, 01:55:03 PM
As Shade went through the air, he manipulated his body, forcing it into a backflip. When his feet hit the ground, the Jedi went sliding on a meter or two more. His lightsaber flew off his belt and into his waiting hand, the green blade giving off a soft glow in the darkness.

"Oh...I think we can guess."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Apr 8th, 2004, 08:08:04 PM
*Natia, as she's thrown backwards towards Vader, goes into a backflip, using the momentum carry her. Though when she lands on her feet, she stumbles due to never healing properly from a serious injury as a child, one knee hitting the ground. The instant after her feet contact the ground, her lightsabers in her hand, activing with a snap-hiss as an orange-red blade leaps forth*

(OOC: I'm gonna be gone from Friday to Monday so please don't get to far ahead of me in this thread)

Darth Vader
Apr 13th, 2004, 12:49:44 AM
Natia's weak landing was further put to the test, as the Dark Lord ignited his own lightsaber, bringing its crimson blade down hard on Natia in a powerful overhead cleave. Using his height and strength as leverage, Vader immediately puts the Jedi on the defensive with aggressive, broad swipes of his weapon. A cacophony of crashing sabers echoes through the canyon as the duel begins in earnest.

Shade Magus
Apr 13th, 2004, 05:25:47 PM
Shade glanced at Natia and Vader and grimaced, hoping she would be alright. He turned back to Tear and gave a slight smile. "Well, seems like the two of us were left to play alone."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Apr 14th, 2004, 08:13:16 AM
*Natia scowls for a brief moment before she brings her own lightsaber up to block Vader's attack. She's not in a position to be on the offensive, nor does she have the time and concentration to get herself back onto her feet properly. She doesn't know how long she's going to be able to keep this up because for starters, she didn't get a full nights sleep so she's going to weaken faster then normal. Second, she's up against an opponent which is by far stronger and better trained then she is.

She knows that this would be a bad time for her to fall back on her previous teaching, but she will if it comes down to that*

Shade Magus
Apr 14th, 2004, 05:04:04 PM
With Tear apparently doing nothing, Shade turned towards Natia and Vader, his lightsaber at the redy as he ran over in an attempt to help he defend herself from the Darksider.

Tear
Apr 22nd, 2004, 10:51:01 PM
A smirk played over Tears lips as the Jedi made an impatient move and turned his back to the Dark Jedi. The black armor that wrapped itself snuggly around Tears body blurred in a flurry of locomotion. The hum of a saber hummed through the air briefly, sounding as if it was still some meters away down that canyon. But the orange light reflecting softly off of Shades robes hinted at a different story. Muscles jerked and strained, cells burning oxygen into fuel, oxygen pulled through clenched teeth with a harsh growl all working in tandem over the course of a second as the overhead diagonal swing came down hard toward the Jedi’s exposed back.

“Surprise…”

Shade Magus
Apr 23rd, 2004, 12:15:01 AM
Shade had just an inklng of warning from the Force. He jumped left, just in time to see Tear's saber blaze past him into the snow. He rolled and came up with his green lightsaber flaring and slashed at Tear's left side.