PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Glowing Yellow Eyes

Iziz
Mar 30th, 2004, 05:12:39 PM
Coruscant was no small place. It was even larger for one of Iziz's size, especially if this was the first planet he had been on apart from Tatooine. The little Jawa had been told what to expect, but the sheer size of the planet itself astounded him. Needless to say, the fact that most of its surface was made up by one very, very, very large city took his breath away.

But right now, his main concern wasn't with the view. He was too busy dodging out of the way of the countless pedestrians who didn't seem to worry too much if they knocked one tiny Jawa down. It took him an hour to realize he was moving the opposite way of everyone else, and it was another fifteen minutes before he was on his way again, this time on the right side.

The going was a little smoother, but he was still bumped and jostled by all of the people who seemed to be in a hurry. Namely, everyone. Every ten seconds he could not help but wondering what he had gotten himself into. Every ten seconds his limited Force sensitivity reminded him. Something very unnatural for a Jawa to have. Iziz could not help but wonder if he would have enjoyed ignorance more. Before his powers had been discovered for what they truly were, he had been revered akin to a god in his Jawa encampment. His encampment. Now he was just one tiny alien in the middle of Coruscant.

On the bright side, thats exactly where he wanted to be...he hoped. Looming before him was the gigantic skyscraper that was the Jedi Academy on Coruscant. Looming before him was his fate...he hoped. Iziz squared his shoulders, took a deep breath, and marched up the many stairs and through the doorway.

The interior of the Academy wasn't much better than the Coruscanti streets. The only difference was the more laid back atmosphere. Patience was one of the Jedi teachings, and Iziz was glad for that right now. Still, he felt lost and alone, hoping someone would find him. But who would even notice a small little Jawa?

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 30th, 2004, 05:24:59 PM
"...and make sure to bring these back when you're done."

I dismissed one of my padawans with a friendly nod, and turned to glance inside the Recriutment Center. I had felt a strange presence within the room, but did not notice anyone standing, or waiting to be helped. Then... I looked again.

There, that was the reason I had seen movement. It was a Jawa; I recognized that fact instantly, having grown up on Tatooine and seen many such creatures working on the surface. But there were no known Jawa force-users, or, at least, none that I was aware of.

Yet I felt the Force in this creature.

Turning off the main hallway, I entered the Recruitment Center, addressing the smaller being with equal respect. "How may I assist you?"

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 30th, 2004, 05:30:46 PM
Jedi Knight Wei Wu Wei once again found himself seated at the desk in the Recruitment Center. He didn't mind it much though. Wei looked up again to see who was around. There had been the same people there from a few hours ago, going over what they thought they would need to do or say to become worthy to join the order.

And then there was the Jawa. The Jedi Knight blinked at first, unsure of what he had seen. But a closer inspection revealed that a Jawa was indeed standing in the Recruitment Center.

"Funny," he muttered to himself. "I don't remember Jawas being Force Sensitive."

But nonetheless, Wei would see what he could do for the little creature. Getting up out of his seat, he walked over to where the Jawa stood, and crouched down so the Jawa could better look him in the eye.

"Hi. My name is Wei Wu Wei. What can I do for you today?"

Iziz
Mar 30th, 2004, 05:37:06 PM
There...wait, no...there! There it was again! Iziz's limited abilities in the Force usually offered no more than subtle warnings of danger. He had levitated small objects for a short period of time once or twice in his life, but never had he felt something like this with his Force connection. As the woman spoke to him, the Jawa realized he was reading someone else's presence. If he was reading her presence, it must mean she was a powerful Jedi.

Iziz began speaking rapidly in his own language, and got about halfway through what he was saying when he remembered. Letting out a sigh and a shrug, he acticated his galactic translation unit.

[Greetings to you, Big One.] Iziz began, giving a small sigh of frustration at the sound of his altered voice. The people who had sold him the unit had not been able to keep his voice from sounding like a protocol droid. Mixed with his accent, it was something that confused and humored others, [I come to Big City in search of answers to questions. Jedi in you. Jedi in me, but untamed is mine. Yes?]

If Iziz had known how awkward he sounded, he would have shook his head in frustration. His very rudimentary knowledge of Basic left him clueless as to the meaning behind his words, however, and all he could do was assume the Jedi had gotten the gist of what he meant.

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 30th, 2004, 05:50:05 PM
In any other situation, I might have laughed at the discrepancy between his voice and his stature, but from him (for I felt that it was most certainly a he,) I felt a weak and wavering Force presence, but a presence nonetheless. It was like waves on the ocean, softly beating upon the sand, only to retreat once more. He was right; In his own way, the Force was within him.

“Yes, I understand you. I can sense the…” How had he put it? “…the Jedi in you. Are you here to look for training?”

(ooc: Wei, would you mind if I got this thread? Thanks. :) )

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 30th, 2004, 06:39:46 PM
OOC: Not at all. Be my guest. :)

Iziz
Mar 30th, 2004, 08:07:09 PM
[Ahh...yes yes,] Iziz replied after he was given a translation, glad to be getting somewhere, [Big One knows much, yes. Training Iziz seeks.]

The Jawa, as if for the first time, actually looked at the person he was talking to. She was a Twi'lekian female with blue skin. At first glance she seemed to be too young to be here, but the wisdom and knowledge was just beneath the surface. Iziz could feel it, as he could sometimes feel emotions. But it didn't feel confusing as his past senses had been. It felt...right, somehow.

Iziz also glanced around at his surroundings. The main hallway to the Academy was regal-looking. Very out of character for an organization such as the Jedi. Or so Iziz had heard. He wasn't very knowledgeable about such things, spending most of his life living a normal Jawa life. A Jawa life that included not caring about anything but scavenging. The far-off 'cult' known as the Jedi had only popped up in the few conversations he had had with the 'Big People'.

[Iziz is my...title...] he wasn't sure if the correct word had been used when the translation came out, [Yours is?]

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 31st, 2004, 08:08:37 PM
"I am Jedi Master Ryla Relvinian." I replied, giving him a formal bow and a slight smile. I could still sense a slight amount of nervousness from him, and under the circumstances, I could understand why.

"Tell me, if you can... How did you come to have such Force gifts? You probably know that the Force is extremely rare in your race."

Iziz
Mar 31st, 2004, 08:25:23 PM
[Yes, yes,] Iziz eagerly agreed, [No Jedi, no Jedi. No Jedi in us Jawas. Very rare. Yes, yes. Rare maybe, but impossible, its not. No Jawa Jedi in past. Iziz lucky one. Iziz have Jedi.]

Indeed Iziz was nervous, and not just because of his outrageous accent. He was indeed nervous because, like he had said, he was the first Jawa Jedi, as far as he knew. He was representing his entire race when he stood before the Jedi Master. He certainly did not want to let them down. He'd never forgive himself.

He didn't just want to become a Jedi. He had to become a Jedi, for the sake of his people. His fellow Jawas most likely would not have been so eager to pressure him into journeying to Coruscant if it had not been that time again. It was the time when the Sand People of Tatooine, the Tusken Raiders, turned their attention toward the Jawas.

Usually the Sand People concentrated on raiding and killing the human and alien populace of Tatooine. But every decade or so the Raiders either became bored or were pushed back by those living in or near Anchorhead, and they turned their attention toward the Jawas. The little scavengers of the Tatooine desert. The Jawas were in great need of a hero. After a particularly dry season, their numbers were already thin. They were facing mass genocide, possibely extinction, at the hands of the Sand People.

[Iziz born with it, yes, yes,] the Jawa continued, eager to get his mind off of his people, [Rare, lucky Iziz.]

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:39:57 PM
"Well, it seems that you have both the talent and the drive to learn." I replied, smiling as I mentally searched the list of available Knights, thinking of one in particular who would be most helpful for our new candidate. "I will do what I can to assign you a master. Until then, you are free to explore our Bar and Grill (http://swforums.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=65), and find yourself some quarters on the Grounds. (http://swforums.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=59)

Iziz
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:00:01 PM
[Iziz thanks you, Jedi Master Relvinian,] Iziz said, bowing low. It was a comical sight considered the Jawa's height, [Iziz hopes he has what Jedi Relvinian says.]

Once again, Iziz bowed low. With thoughts of his home in his head and renewed hope in his mind, he set about exploring the Jedi complex. To be complimented by a Jedi Master must be high praise indeed, the Jawa thought to himself. He would have to learn the layout of the Temple if he were to study here.