PDA

View Full Version : All I have to say is...

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 30th, 2004, 11:17:57 AM
... LMAO

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=34993

Morgan Evanar
Mar 30th, 2004, 11:24:34 AM
This is one of the times I wish we could ban for stupidity.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 30th, 2004, 11:47:00 AM
:cry

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 30th, 2004, 02:29:30 PM
twitch...

Morgan Evanar
Mar 30th, 2004, 02:33:39 PM
Anyone else fearing the summer already?

Darth Viscera
Mar 30th, 2004, 02:44:13 PM
dagnabbit :(
i blame public schools

Morgan Evanar
Mar 30th, 2004, 02:51:29 PM
I blame parents, for serious.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 30th, 2004, 02:54:19 PM
>_<

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 30th, 2004, 03:27:14 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Anyone else fearing the summer already?

Was it last year when June was the Month Of N00bs? I'm thinking the Idiotwave is coming a little early this year :headache

Morgan Evanar
Mar 30th, 2004, 03:33:22 PM
I'm thinking that was a small blip on the radar. The big storm will be rolling in this year and next.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 30th, 2004, 03:42:12 PM
welcome new mods :D!!! ;)

Darth Viscera
Mar 30th, 2004, 03:42:20 PM
EARTH CHIPS
oh wait i forgot, he's from "so-called Romania on so-called earth"

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 30th, 2004, 03:48:08 PM
Originally posted by Navaria Tarkin
welcome new mods :D!!! ;)

:shakefist x 100.

This should be fun :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 30th, 2004, 03:50:37 PM
...you have no idea.

:cry

imported_Eve
Mar 30th, 2004, 07:01:42 PM
Maybe we can have a general statement that we send to all people who are unable to speak and write the english language.

"Please be advised that SWFans.net forums promotes roleplaying and discussion related to Star Wars. Please try to use proper spelling, grammer, and punctuation when posting. Thank you."

We just e-mail it to all of these guys. I don't see why not. Really, (and maybe I am getting old and this is where this is coming from) but writing like that is just plain disrespectful. We promote intelligent storylines and interaction. This is crap, just crap.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 30th, 2004, 07:04:13 PM
This is a good idea.

Darth Viscera
Mar 30th, 2004, 07:18:57 PM
Eve, I like the way you think.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 30th, 2004, 07:27:27 PM
Actually, we could fix this really fast.

http://www.lancsngfl.ac.uk/ = 212.219.82.1
Dakar:
# 212.219.82.38 (macaroni.lancsngfl.ac.uk) [find more users for this ip]

Dark Lord Rocoo:
#
# 212.219.82.36 (gentoo.lancsngfl.ac.uk) [find more users for this ip]
# 212.219.82.38 (macaroni.lancsngfl.ac.uk) [find more users for this ip]
# 212.219.82.39 (humboldt.lancsngfl.ac.uk) [find more users for this ip]

dum deedooo... just e-mail the admin =]

inetnum: 212.219.81.0 - 212.219.83.255
netname: LANC-NGFL
descr: Lancashire LEA Schools NGFL Project
admin-c: NA477-RIPE
tech-c: IS1933-RIPE
notify: jips-nosc@nosc.ja.net
mnt-by: JANET-HOSTMASTER
changed: asquith@nosc.ja.net 19991122
changed: hostmaster@nic.ja.net 20011024
source: RIPE

route: 212.219.0.0/16
descr: JANET
descr: 20 Guilford Street
descr: London
descr: WC1N 1DZ
descr: UNITED KINGDOM
origin: AS786
mnt-by: JIPS-NOSC
changed: hostmaster@nic.ja.net 19981009

person: Neil Adams
address: Lancashire Schools ICT Centre
address: Southport Road
address: Chorley
address: Lancashire
address: PR7 1NX
phone: +44 1257 516077
e-mail: n.adams@dial.pipex.com
nic-hdl: NA477-RIPE
mnt-by: JANET-HOSTMASTER
changed: hostmaster@nic.ja.net 20011019

Domain:
lancsngfl.ac.uk

Registered For:
Lancashire Grid for Learning

Domain Owner:
Lancashire Schools' ICT Centre

Registered By:
JANET

Servers:
ns0.lancsngfl.ac.uk 212.219.82.4
ns1.lancsngfl.ac.uk 212.219.83.4

Registrant Contact:
Graham Fielden

Registrant Address:
Schools' ICT Centre
Southport Road
Chorley
PR7 1NX
United Kingdom
+44 1257 516364 (Phone)
+44 1257 516382 (FAX)
graham.fielden@ict.lancsngfl.ac.uk

Entry updated:
Monday 8th March 2004

Morgan Evanar
Mar 30th, 2004, 07:35:26 PM
I also asked Dru to make a few phone calls :D

Darth Viscera
Mar 30th, 2004, 07:36:59 PM
oh snap!

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 30th, 2004, 08:40:50 PM
cool :)

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 31st, 2004, 01:11:01 AM
:o sneaky

ReaperFett
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:34:18 AM
It's like how we used to RP. Nostalgia :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 31st, 2004, 11:42:20 AM
I don't know about you, but I *never* used to RP like that.

ReaperFett
Mar 31st, 2004, 11:49:13 AM
I HAVE ATTACKED Lored Rivin

Is there even anyone there called Lored Rivin? :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 31st, 2004, 12:12:47 PM
Hello and welcome to Sw-Fans.net. You have discovered Roleplaying (RPing) which is wonderful, but let me give you a rundown of how things go around here.

First, read the <a href=http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/misc.php?s=&action=faq>F.A.Q.</a> F.A.Q. stands for Frequently Asked Questions. This will answer a lot of questions you may have, such as "what forum do private RPs (roleplays) go into?" The answer to this question is also readily apparent if you would take the time to read the forum descriptions under the "Roleplaying" header.

Now, just to highlight a few board policies for you. I will reference the F.A.Q.

III. Roleplayer Conduct

1. What guidelines are there on how to roleplay? What is allowed? What isn't allowed? What is the best way to learn how to roleplay?
Answer: One of the best ways to learn what is acceptable playing behavior is by watching others. Please read some of the roleplaying topics and study how others behave. This will give you a good general idea of how to act.

To put it frankly, you have not watched how others RP here. Your RPing posts are impossible to read because of their brevity and the misspellings, and the "l33t sp33k" you think is great to use. If you honestly never learned how else to talk or spell, I am sorry. However, I find this to be highly unlikely. Please use punctuation and proper spelling. This increases the likelyhood that someone will respond to your requests in a Roleplay, because they can actually read and comprehend what you are talking about.

From the same section in the F.A.Q.

#10 God Moding:
This involves actions in-character (IC) which are impossible or that give you an unfair advantage. For instance, throwing a mountain at someone, destroying an Imperial Star Destroyer in one post, or wiping out a planet by clicking some fingers are all examples of God Moding. God Moding is not tolerated and generally ignored; it just isn’t smart or entertaining storytelling.

#11 Maiming and Killing:
This is related to God Moding. You are never allowed to kill or permanently maim (cut off body parts) another character without his/her permission. Many roleplayers have spent a lot of time developing their characters and do not appreciate their characters being killed or losing an arm by another roleplayer. This type is behavior is not tolerated, and will generally be ignored.

Godmoding is a bannable offense if you receive multiple complaints against you. Something to keep in mind as you begin your RPing life here at Sw-Fans.net. You may find that other RPers will simply ignore you if you try to godmode with them.

Anyway, to answer the question
erm actually ill make it open with in reason but where should it be for future reference all closed RPs go into the Storytelling section. And for future reference, if you want to distinguish I'll from ill, use proper captilization and punctuation.

Sw-Fans.Net Moderator,
Lilaena I'm on the verge of sending this to Lord Sith Homer. Yea or Nay?

Darth Viscera
Mar 31st, 2004, 12:25:32 PM
Yea! stick it to him chief

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 31st, 2004, 12:49:54 PM
I'll probably also send a similar one to Drakar. Or whatever his name is.

Hello and welcome to Sw-Fans.net. You have discovered Roleplaying (RPing) which is wonderful, but let me give you a rundown of how things go around here.

First, read the <a href=http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/misc.php?s=&action=faq>F.A.Q.</a> F.A.Q. stands for Frequently Asked Questions. This will answer a lot of questions you may have, such as "what forum do private RPs (roleplays) go into?" The answer to this question is also readily apparent if you would take the time to read the forum descriptions under the "Roleplaying" header.

Now, just to highlight a few board policies for you. I will reference the F.A.Q.

III. Roleplayer Conduct

1. What guidelines are there on how to roleplay? What is allowed? What isn't allowed? What is the best way to learn how to roleplay?
Answer: One of the best ways to learn what is acceptable playing behavior is by watching others. Please read some of the roleplaying topics and study how others behave. This will give you a good general idea of how to act.

To put it frankly, you have not watched how others RP here. Your RPing posts are impossible to read because of their brevity and the misspellings, and the "l33t sp33k" you think is great to use. If you honestly never learned how else to talk or spell, I am sorry. However, I find this to be highly unlikely. Please use punctuation and proper spelling. This increases the likelyhood that someone will respond to your requests in a Roleplay, because they can actually read and comprehend what you are talking about.

From the same section in the F.A.Q.

#10 God Moding:
This involves actions in-character (IC) which are impossible or that give you an unfair advantage. For instance, throwing a mountain at someone, destroying an Imperial Star Destroyer in one post, or wiping out a planet by clicking some fingers are all examples of God Moding. God Moding is not tolerated and generally ignored; it just isn’t smart or entertaining storytelling.

#11 Maiming and Killing:
This is related to God Moding. You are never allowed to kill or permanently maim (cut off body parts) another character without his/her permission. Many roleplayers have spent a lot of time developing their characters and do not appreciate their characters being killed or losing an arm by another roleplayer. This type is behavior is not tolerated, and will generally be ignored.

Godmoding is a bannable offense if you receive multiple complaints against you. Something to keep in mind as you begin your RPing life here at Sw-Fans.net. You may find that other RPers will simply ignore you if you try to godmode with them.

Please enjoy your time here.

Sw-Fans.Net Moderator,
Lilaena Dakar's PM

I sent them both.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 31st, 2004, 12:58:27 PM
Lord Sith Homer wrote on Today 10:56 AM:
do you have msn messanger or aim?

Use your mouse to check my profile.

Instant reply.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 31st, 2004, 04:54:19 PM
uh oh... that convo is gonna hurt your brains...

TheHolo.Net
Mar 31st, 2004, 05:31:44 PM
I approve of the actions taken thus far. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 31st, 2004, 05:58:47 PM
I wasn't on AIM at the moment, but I didn't share that information with him. I'm only on AIM maybe 1/2 hour every two days. Hopefully he'll never catch me. :cry

Morgan Evanar
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:15:17 PM
There is always block, and he's in Gren mean time.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:19:05 PM
I know.

For the record, I think that Zasz and CHarley making accounts to mock them is a bad idea. If we have a run on good posters making these goofy accounts it'll be hard on us to tell who is for real and who isn't.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:19:41 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I know.

For the record, I think that Zasz and CHarley making accounts to mock them is a bad idea. If we have a run on good posters making these goofy accounts it'll be hard on us to tell who is for real and who isn't. I agree

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:21:32 PM
Think we need to say something about it? Or are we waiting for it to get out of hand first?

TheHolo.Net
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:22:40 PM
Its a good idea t try and stop it before it gets too out of hand.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:55:19 PM
Well I suppose I'll make an official statement...for OOC? Or perhaps just the group mods forum.

It would go like this:

I know we're all aware of the current influx of posters who cannot type, spell, punctuate or capitalize correctly. These posters also insist on "l33t sp33k" in their posts. The staff is going to have their hands full with these posters.

We do not need other, 'good,' posters imitating these new posters. This only confuses the issue on which ones are the newbies, and which are experienced posters merely poking fun at the new guys. It makes the staff's job harder if we have to weed out the mockers from the real thing.

Also, it lowers us to a level that we'd prefer not to go to. We do not need to encourage this type of behavior in our forums. Some people have asked us if we could ban them for stupidity...well no one (including us) would like it if we accidentally banned someone who's been here a long time.

To put it bluntly: Cease and desist.

To put it mildly: We see a headache coming, please don't contribute to it.

Thank you for your cooperation,
The Sw-Fans.Net Staff

TheHolo.Net
Mar 31st, 2004, 09:21:50 PM
Looks good to me. Group Mods forum for now, thanks.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 31st, 2004, 10:52:01 PM
done and done :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:57:14 AM
>_< I feel like I just parrotted back what Daiq and Pierce said. I hate it when that happens. Makes me feel like they think none of the RP Mods know what they're doing.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 2nd, 2004, 01:06:21 AM
well if no one said anything.. then it would be worse :p

Better you agreed with them and I looked at what was going on ack.. as much as an annoyance as it is.. yes... must still uphold the FAQ

Morgan Evanar
Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:47:37 AM
I almost disagree, but I'm supposed to uphold the rules.

They are SHITTING upon this board with their poorly typed waste, and I desperately want to see them go.

Darth Viscera
Apr 6th, 2004, 04:35:56 AM
Originally posted by Lord Sith Homer
"Ill have a used one, but in good order. I dont want it breaking down on me now. I say smileing at this attractive women"

"Ordinarily, someone accidently speaking aloud their inner narrative, especially such a compromising inner narrative, would be hilariously funny, I typed in the Mods & Admins forum while searching DPPH for something good, tapping the 'Submit Reply' button as I finished."

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 6th, 2004, 11:31:58 AM
lol