PDA

View Full Version : Just another Council meeting... (Council, Rognan Dar)

Figrin D'an
Mar 29th, 2004, 11:38:01 PM
Figrin had arrived early to the Council chambers to make a quick inspection before the meeting got under way. The repairs to the chamber had finally been completed, following the damage caused in the incident involving Sejah Haversh. New projectile resistant glass was installed, as well as a blaster containment system. A specialized shield generator, designed to encompass the entire chamber, was another new protective feature. All told, the tall tower that housed the Council Chambers was now perhaps the most secure single location in the Order, save for perhaps the protected sections of the Archives.

Satisifed with the craftsmanship, the Jedi Master headed to his chair, sat down and comfortably crossing his legs while he waited for the others to arrive. The first meeting in the remodeled council chambers would, with any luck, be a good one.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 30th, 2004, 12:10:42 AM
Wei Wu Wei entered the chamber hot on the heels of the Jedi Master.

"Wow. They certainly were speedy with the fix up, weren't they? Nice touches with the shield generators and all that. So, what's on the agenda for today, Master Figrin? More Padawans?" Wei said jokingly.

It seemed to Wei that every other Council meeting was crammed full to the gills with Padawan issues. Of course, Wei loved working with Padawans. However, he did find it amusing that the Council so many Padawans would ask for meetings with the Council, and how many more did not and simply showed up. Of course, it was always a big encouragement to see the Council deal with the youngsters so patiently.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 30th, 2004, 02:22:14 AM
Following in tow of Wei, Dasquian looked around appreciatively at the changes that had been made to the room, in spite of what had caused them to be needed. He said nothing, simply sat down in his chair and waited for the session to begin.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 30th, 2004, 03:10:08 PM
Not too long after Dasquain, Navaria entered the Council Chambers and looked approvingly at the renovation. It was unfortunate that circumstances arose to install such measures but everyone inside here needed to be protected from harm.

She acknowledged Figran, Wei and Dasquain before taking her seat for today's proceedings.

Alpha
Mar 30th, 2004, 09:08:20 PM
Satine enters a few minutes after that, taking in the new renovations with barely a glimmer in his eyes. Smiling and nodding to his fellow Jedi, Satine adjusts his trenchcoat, and takes his seat.

Rognan Dar
Mar 31st, 2004, 12:23:04 AM
Roaming the outside of the Council room was Rognan Dar. He had been called to come and speak with the council today. The only thing was, he didn't know why they wanted to speak to him. There was no hint or information of his summoning. Just that he was to come. And so he did.

As he waited outside, and also being there a little early, he saw a few of the council members enter into the room. As they did, he got a few glances into the room. It looked somewhat different, like it was newer then before. But he was unaware of any changes. But that was not to be unexpected. He didn't come around here all that ofter.

After pacing the waiting room, Rog finally decided to take a seat and wait. There would be plenty of time to stand once inside. He still puzzled over why he was here. And yet, he could not think of any good reason why.

Kelt Simoson
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:42:54 AM
Kelt had been quite ill as of late and had spent a few nights in the medical bay with a throat infection, only just getting over the worst he stroad into the room. The new defences were quite a sight but not one that Kelt marvled over to much, weapons being in of all places the Council room, made the young Knight quite uncomfortable.

' Hello Council...' Kelt croaked before taking his seat.

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:21:45 PM
"Kelt, it is good to see you are feeling better." I responded from my seat among the circle of council members, giving him a wry smile. "Although, you certainly still sound terrible."

The Council was nearly fully assembled, and as people entered the room, I could feel their strong connection to the Force like an ever-present low hum in my brain; Comforting and reassuring of my place in the great web. One person stood out... Padawan Dar.

Estelle Russard
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:22:43 PM
As Estelle made her way toward the newly renovated Council Chamber, her quiet gaze passed over Rogan still seated in the ante-room.

Passing into the Chamber, she noticed that she was one of the last Council members to arrive, and stepped quietly to her seat. Estelle acknowledged the Council with a respectful bow of greeting before sitting.

Figrin D'an
Apr 5th, 2004, 11:54:21 PM
"Thank you for coming, everyone," Figrin began. "Now that the renovations to the Council chambers are complete, we can return to our normal schedule. Today, however, we have one particular matter to handle."

Figrin tapped the comm unit on his chair, accessing the speaker system in the waiting room.

"You may enter the Council chambers now, padawan."

Rognan Dar
Apr 6th, 2004, 10:19:28 PM
As Rognan sat waiting, and seeing yet more of the council enter into the chamber. But then there was a sound that entered the waiting area.

"You may enter the Council chambers now, padawan."

Rog stood up right away and walked to the door. He paused outside, took a deep breath, and plundged in. The doors opened up to what most everyone knew to be the Council chamber. Though, there was a few small details about it that were different. But his attention was then focused on the people inside the room. It apeared that most of the council had gathered for, well, whatever it was he was called for.

"You wish to see me?"

Figrin D'an
Apr 6th, 2004, 10:59:42 PM
"Indeed, Padawan Dar," Figrin responded, taking charge of the meeting. "The Council has called you here to ask a few questions of you. We like to keep up with the activites of the students, and we have had our eyes on you for some time now."

He paused, allowing the other Council members time to call up Rognan's records and profile on the mini data terminals built into their chairs... another new feature for the Council chambers.

"We are particularly interested in your experimental instruction program with the younglings," Figrin continued. "How is this proceeding?"

Rognan Dar
Apr 7th, 2004, 10:48:37 PM
Rognan thought that the council would liek to here about this, but not now. He thought that maybe after their trail run on this new training idea. This was a little sudden and he was not prepared for this. If he was, he would have tried to make a better presentation on it.

"Er, well, it going alright, in a light note. But I think you would like a little more details. Well, the classes seem to be taken quite well by the children. They have excepted it and are going along with them, as far as children are involved. I have yet to see any great improvement in them, but that is to be expected so early into the training."

Rognan stopped and waited; he expected that one of the council would like to ask a more detailed question. One that he hoped he could answer.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:01:56 AM
Wei took all this in with a smile forming on his lips. "What about your teaching methods?"

It was of utmost concern how the teachers presented the material. Little children thought differently than adults did, and could not grasp some of the things that might be easier for adults to understand. But then, there were things small children could understand that adults couldn't as well.

Rognan Dar
Apr 8th, 2004, 09:56:15 PM
"Well, I dont do all the classes so I can't speak for the other teachers. But for me, I like to try and make whatever it is that they are trying to learn, something that they could relate to. Like playing games. Children love to play. So, with that in mind, I figure a way to but that concept into the training. Like in my Telekinesis class, I'm starting them off with nothing more then throwing a ball around. I want them to get the feeling of the ball in their hands so that they might be able to touch it with their minds. I haven't thought out the whole prosses, since I am yet still new to the whole training thing."

Figrin D'an
Apr 8th, 2004, 10:14:52 PM
"Being new to training can be a challenge," Figrin chimed in again, looking to the other members of the Council. "I think all of us can attest to that personally."

He looked back to Rognan.

"But, it can be very exciting, as well as rewarding," he added. "Do you feel that you have the skills necessary to teach the younglings and guide them on the first steps of the Jedi path?'

Rognan Dar
Apr 8th, 2004, 10:23:04 PM
"I'd like to think so," he responded to Firgins question. "If I was to say that I was the most capable person for this job, I could either be a lair or fool. A statement like that only shows how that person really thinks of himeslf. But if I am to be truthful, I do not believe that I am yet ready to do more for these children then teach them a little about the Force. Though, I would love to have the opertunity on day to lead them on further into the knowledge of the Jedi and the Force."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 9th, 2004, 11:10:05 PM
"How responsive are the children to the training?" She was quite eager to learn how well things have progressed for the young Jedi of the Temple. "Any big bumps along the way?" A smile came, "Children can be quite a handful."

Rognan Dar
Apr 10th, 2004, 08:20:16 PM
"And this group of children are more then just a handful. Their two hand fulls. But I must say, I get the easyer end of this training.

I think that the children are very responsive. As much as kids hate to have to learn things, I think they like this because it almost like figuring out how to use a new toy. They all just seem eager and willing to learn."

Estelle Russard
Apr 10th, 2004, 11:59:44 PM
Estelle listened to those of the Council as they asked questions and to Rogan's replies.

His answers were from his heart, and she could tell he had a good heart.

"How do you convey to them, Padawan Dar, that the Force is in fact not just a toy? How do you bring to them an understanding of responsability? This is the more difficult side of instruction wouldnt you agree?"

Rognan Dar
Apr 12th, 2004, 03:41:49 PM
"Yes, I would agree thatit is hard to tell them that. And I have yet to really try and explain it. I know that it is important to make sure that they know this when they are young, or they will continue to use it like a toy, or worse, a tool. And you have raised a good question that I will have to think about and work into my lessons with the kids."

Kelt Simoson
Apr 12th, 2004, 03:57:24 PM
As a emotional man, Kelt thought not only about the training, but the feelings of the children involved. Consuming the last words of Rognan, Kelt made his presence, a croaky voice however was also involved with his question.

' May i ask how the children are dealing with the seperation from their families to learn the ways of the Jedi, and in addition how are they coming on emotionaly?'

Rognan Dar
Apr 12th, 2004, 04:17:01 PM
"Most of the childrens parents are also part of the Order. And some I think dont have any family. But as far as not being with theiur family for the day, I think they are handling it quite well. I think they are so excited once they start that they hardly realize anything else but what they are being taught.

But going to the second part of your question, I'm not sure how to answer. I have not seen anything that would really be picked up as them being over emotional or anything."

Figrin D'an
Apr 12th, 2004, 10:45:24 PM
"It would seem that training the younglings is a continual challenge, and certainly a continual learning experience for the teacher as much as the students," Figrin summarized. "But, we are always continuing to learn. Such is our way as Jedi, is it not?"

The questions was rhetorical, and requiring no answer, Figrin proceed directly to the true purpose of the summons.

"The Council is most pleased that you have taken on this task, Rognan," he explained. "It shows a commitment to helping others as well as a level of personal maturity that we look for in all Jedi. Some acquire it sooner than others, and in different ways, but we recognize it in it's many forms."

The Jedi Master sat back in his chair, glancing again at his fellow council members. They all seemed to know instantly what question was coming next.

"All that remains is for you to answer a simple question for us, with honesty and calm," he stated. "In this moment, how do you feel?"

Rognan Dar
Apr 13th, 2004, 02:37:33 PM
A look of confusion was seen on Rognan's face. The questions switched from the kids to him. Yet again, this was a question he did not expect.

"Er...well I feel a little excited. Just talking about the children and training just makes me want to keep going and try out new ideas. Yet, I also feel somewhat confused at what the whole purpose of this meeting is..."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 13th, 2004, 04:08:35 PM
Wei waved his hand at the air as though swatting at a fly.

"Forget that. Things happen all the time that we don't understand. But how do you feel despite all that?"

Rognan Dar
Apr 14th, 2004, 10:29:28 PM
"I guess I was a little nervous. Coming here and not knowing what to expect. But I feel that way almost everytime I come here. Its nothing against the council or anything. Its just that I dont want to make myself a fool infront of people of such high stature."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 14th, 2004, 10:34:54 PM
"How important is that to you?" She wondered. "Not wanting us to think that you are a fool?"

Rognan Dar
Apr 14th, 2004, 10:40:18 PM
"Oh, its not that you dont think it. Its just for me to know that I didn't embarrass myself to bad. But it is important to me. I respect all of you. In my book, you all are the greatest Jedi around. And not just because of being on the council. Just the wisdom and experience blows my mind. I could never see myself being like that."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 15th, 2004, 07:23:07 AM
Wei gave Rognan a steady gaze. "Well I can. Rognan, I want you to think back on this conversation we've had just now."

The Jedi Knight rose from his seat and walked towards the Padawan.

"Already you yourself have told us about the progress you have made with the children you teach. How they enjoy your classes, and how they easily grasp what you teach them. Being able to swiftly wrap one's mind around a subject reflects well on the student, yes. But it demonstrates even better the teacher's understanding on a subject and his ability to explain it to his students."

The Councilman now stood face to face with Rognan Dar.

"You are a good teacher, Padawan Dar. You have wisdom, you get on well with others, you demonstrate a maturity not seen in many Padawans, and a humility that even some of the higher ranked Jedi never achieve. You are concerned with fairness and justice. What in the world makes you think that you would be an embarassment to yourself, or this Order? No, Padawan. You should be very proud of yourself. I know that I'm proud of you."

Wei gave Rog a pat on the shoulder.

"And I'm sure there are others on this council that feel the same way that I do."

He smiled warmly at the young learner before returning to his seat.

Rognan Dar
Apr 19th, 2004, 10:55:23 PM
Rognan was at a loss for words. He didn't think that he was any of the things Wei had said. For him, it was just the way he was, or at lest how he saw it. Most of those things seemed to have come naturally to him, and yet he did not know of it.

As Wei spoke, he felt a little self pride well up inside of him. He felt great to know that someone who he admired was saying that he was more then just the normal Jedi. With just those few words, Rognan felt like a new person. Words could not even begin to express the feelings he was having at that moment. He just stood there, going over the Wei's words in his mind over and over again.

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 20th, 2004, 10:27:56 PM
"Rognan..." I addressed him by his given name, noticing just a slight sense of surprise at anything less than a formal address. "There are many things that are more important than age and experience. There is courage in the face of danger, there is charity to those less fortunate than you, and there is a patience which cannot be measured that appears so rare and undervalued a gift that it deserves recognition. All of these skills are useful, but together, they are extraordinary."

I paused for a moment, feeling the murmur of agreement, through the Force, from my fellow council members. "You will be a great asset to our ranks, Knight Rognan Dar."

Rognan Dar
Apr 21st, 2004, 10:11:15 PM
Yet again, another council member was telling him how good he was. How he had quialities that they thought were something not many had. It made him feel good. But then there was a word that did not register in his brain. Surely, she must have made a mistake? he thought.

"Excuse me, I must have heard you wrong, because clearly, it could not be right. Did you say...knight? Your promoting me to knight?!" Rognan paused as he tried to rap his mind around this. "No, that can't be right. I'm not ready for such a promotion. I have yet much to learn still. Surely this is not what you want?"

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 22nd, 2004, 07:07:48 AM
Wei shrugged. "I feel you are ready. And also bear this in mind, Rognan. Even though you are being promoted to Knight, you are still responsible for learning and growing in the Force. Even Masters never stop learning and sharpening their skills."

There was a pause, and a smile returned to Wei's face. "Yes, you are indeed ready. You recognize your weaknesses, and you seem to know how to improve them. Always a good quality. You'll set a good example for the Padawans."

Rognan Dar
Apr 25th, 2004, 10:04:51 PM
Rognan still couldn't believe that this was happening. Maybe he was just dreaming. Yes, that had to be it. This is just something that he wanted. But a feeling deep down told him that it was not a dream. Yet, all he could do was just stand there dumbfounded. What could anyone say to something like this? Thank-you? That just sounded cheese. I'm looking forward to being a knight? That was just a plain out lie. He could not think of any words to express what was going through his head.

Estelle Russard
Apr 26th, 2004, 12:31:44 AM
Estelle ignored Rognan's awkwardness. His promotion was well deserved, despite what he may think.

"Congratulations Knight Dar. We look forward to good things from you"

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 26th, 2004, 01:12:46 AM
Dasquian smiled, bowing his head in respect, "Congratulations, Rognan."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 26th, 2004, 10:44:56 AM
Navaria smiled with encouragement that Rognan truly deserved his promotion, "Congratulations Knight Dar."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 26th, 2004, 11:57:37 AM
"Well, that's that. Congratulations on your new promotion." Wei chuckled. "You'll do better than you think you will. Trust me on that one."

Rognan Dar
Apr 26th, 2004, 10:07:21 PM
"Well...thanks. Thank you all. I dont really know what to say. But I'll try my best to do what you have apointed to me. I just hope that I will be able to prove all that you have said about me."

Figrin D'an
Apr 29th, 2004, 10:54:48 PM
"You will, Rognan," Figrin assured. "The Council has forseen a bright future for you. You have demonstrated your worthiness, and we know you will be a great Jedi Knight. You have shown such a strong desire to teach others, and now, you will be able to do so in every manner."

"On the behalf of the entire Order, congratulations."

Kelt Simoson
May 1st, 2004, 02:28:40 PM
' Congratulations Knight Rognan, a very well earnt promotion and if i might say, a long time coming. ' Kelt smiled gently and nodded in friendship.