PDA

View Full Version : for some reason, I find the picture.....

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 29th, 2004, 09:55:48 PM
and the story that goes with it rather... I dunno, amusing I guess. Looked at the story, looked at the pic, looked at the t-shirt in question....

http://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,9128565%255E421,00.html

I dunno, small things amuse small minds

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 29th, 2004, 10:13:32 PM
That's awful. I mean, I thought the girl in the shirt was cute and all, but you ought not to be made to wear something that you feel uncomfortable wearing, or that causes you to get treated in a subhuman manner.

But my deal is, did she know about the shirts before she got employed at her job, or did the shirt thing come afterwards? If she knew about it ahead of time, then I'm afraid I can't hold much sympathy for her. But if this was a change made after she got the job, I can understand.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 30th, 2004, 01:26:54 AM
>_< horrible

imported_Blade Ice
Mar 30th, 2004, 01:29:07 AM
:lol

Lighten up its just a shirt.

Tear
Mar 30th, 2004, 01:46:41 AM
If it makes her uncomfertable she shouldnt have to where it though Ice.

Itd be like some guys boss making him wear a thong and saying wear it or your fired. *Looks at Marcus* Ok well bad example but you get my point..:p

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 30th, 2004, 01:52:51 AM
It'd be like showing up to work at the Gap and finding out you have to wear a Hooters uniform.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 30th, 2004, 01:59:26 AM
advertising has hit a new not-so-high level... boob-boards

Silus Xilarian
Mar 30th, 2004, 02:09:52 AM
"He just looked at my breasts and said 'hello' . . . I took the top off after that," she said.

I'd like to meet this girl. Also. From what I can tell from the article, it seems that the shirts were something that she knew about when she took the job.

I have the suspicion that she probably got angry about something else, then decided to cry sexual harassment. Not like it happened before.

If it's something that they just sprung on her out of the blue, then she was right and they were wrong.

Also. She could be wearing a nuns outfit and I'd still look at her boobs.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 30th, 2004, 02:17:45 AM
She probably wears shirts like that when she isn't working :rolleyes

Charley
Mar 30th, 2004, 10:03:24 AM
I want to reach through the internet and slap that stupid girl.

OMG a clothing store wants me to wear a sexually-suggestive shirt. WAAAAAA

Shut up and die.

Jarek T'chort
Mar 30th, 2004, 10:11:27 AM
She decided to take a stand after being sexually harassed by a male customer.

"He just looked at my breasts and said 'hello' . . . I took the top off after that," she said.

Lucky guy.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 30th, 2004, 05:48:45 PM
:lol @ Jarek.

That post is comedy gold.

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 30th, 2004, 05:57:25 PM
You know what? I think this is incredibly immature and inane for reasonably attractive women who obviously take pride in the way they look, dress, and groom themselves to be surprised when guys look at their boobs.

THAT'S WHAT MEN DO.

GET OVER IT.

In fact, I'd be offended if I didn't get my chest stared at at least once a day. Yeesh. Get a new job.

Figrin D'an
Mar 30th, 2004, 06:04:58 PM
*stares at Ryla's chest*

;)

Morgan Evanar
Mar 30th, 2004, 06:12:49 PM
ALLL HAAAILLL BOOOOBS.</pig>

Darth Viscera
Mar 30th, 2004, 07:40:30 PM
Originally posted by Ryla Relvinian
In fact, I'd be offended if I didn't get my chest stared at at least once a day.

oh well, if you insist :(

Khendon Sevon
Mar 30th, 2004, 07:50:14 PM
I'm sorry, this thread leaves me grinning and wanting to scream, "YEEEEEEHAWWW!"

*composes himself*

Much better.

Shade Magus
Mar 30th, 2004, 08:36:27 PM
boobies! titties! breast! titters!

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 30th, 2004, 08:36:59 PM
I suppose in one sense she may wear those clothes - by her own choice, WHEN she isnt working. But the issue here is she is forced to wear it, and it is sexually provocative, and it does in a way make her more of a sexual advertisement than a person. A person who works in a store is there to help and to a point advertise but that is breaking the rules of personal comfort (as it's not optional - if it was thatd' be different).
Lets have another example. Imagine having to wear that exact same slogan accept it was placed where your groin is. It's sexual harrassment and it's not on, not in working conditions.
What she wears is her own choice when she's not working or on duty, and those comments of 'it's only a t-shirt' is fine, but this isnt leasure time.
I for one would do exactly what she did - I'd find it offensive. you choose how you want guys to see you, be it wearing clothes that essentuate the bust area or downplaying it.
She might actually be one of those 'unfashionable' chicks who don't like to wear the essentuating clothes. How do you know?

imported_Grev Drasen
Mar 30th, 2004, 10:56:04 PM
Originally posted by Azhure Darkstone
I suppose in one sense she may wear those clothes - by her own choice, WHEN she isnt working. But the issue here is she is forced to wear it, and it is sexually provocative, and it does in a way make her more of a sexual advertisement than a person.
Let's not kid ourselves. No one forced her to wear anything, she reserved the right to quit the job whenever she felt uncomfortable.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 30th, 2004, 11:44:52 PM
Aust discrimiantation laws are actually on her side. NO employer can force you to wear something that will attract commnets. So, it does nto matter if she was forced or it was by choice - it's illegal under Aust law in an Aust workplace

It's one reason why Hooters had a few problems. Anti discrimination laws are pretty tough down here - fair tho, but tough

I just find it amusing that she does have a great rack and Ryla's right.... most males would be staring at the breasts! stop pretending? Which single red blooded male is goign to pretend????

Pierce Tondry
Mar 30th, 2004, 11:55:04 PM
As someone who believes in professionalism in the workplace, I think this is a very stupid idea and would quit if I were asked as part of my job to wear suggestive clothing.

Titus
Mar 31st, 2004, 09:22:53 AM
There was no mention of any males complaining about wearing these shirts. Does this store only employ women?