PDA

View Full Version : I hate Trampolines!!!

Quay'Na Rakai
Mar 29th, 2004, 08:08:19 PM
I was putting up my girls trampoline tonight and I must say it's a big pain in the a--!!!

You get one side in the other comes out!! I worked on it for an hour and decided it wasn't worth cussing over, with my kids standing there and decided to leave it until tomorrow.

(So I can cuss it some more...)

So, it's in the yard looking like a skeleton....there, I just had to get that out...the stupid thing really ticked me off....

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 29th, 2004, 08:10:38 PM
Quick! Help her out! We might get lucky and see Quay bouncing up and down!

(And then after saying that, runs faaaaar away before he gets killed)

spada
Mar 29th, 2004, 08:12:24 PM
yea i remember putting up my trampoline. We had quite a few people, though, so we could do it a lot faster. Once theyre up its great (except the grass under the trampoline gets really screwed up (youll see))

Quay'Na Rakai
Mar 29th, 2004, 08:16:59 PM
Well, last year hubby put it up, this year hubby is soon to be ex-hubby soo...it's up to me. And yeah, they are a lot of fun once you get them up. The springs should be just as fun too....bleh...

Sejah Haversh
Mar 29th, 2004, 08:17:37 PM
I've broken both my ankles in seperate trampoline accidents. I love them, but don't dare try it again.

Quay'Na Rakai
Mar 29th, 2004, 08:20:07 PM
Ouch!! I wouldn't try it again either if that happened.

spada
Mar 29th, 2004, 08:28:34 PM
yea i remember me my bro my sis and neighbors made up a dodgeball where ttheres like 2 kids on the trampoline and the others have to peg them with the dodgeball and if the person on it got hit they would have to get off and the person who pegged them gets on. its like a survival game for people on the trampoline. :lol

Alpha
Mar 29th, 2004, 08:30:41 PM
that sounds fun, actually. :)

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 29th, 2004, 10:19:37 PM
I played a game with my brothers similar to that. Our trampoline wasn't that hard to put together, but then again, I also had help with mine. I don't know what it's like to put one up by yourself.

But just think! After you've put it together you will have built up a lot of character, and possibly even your biceps and triceps from pulling so hard to get the springs in place! You'll have arms of steel!

Darth007
Mar 29th, 2004, 11:13:16 PM
ah, trampolines are fun... until you land awkwardly after a high jump on your friend who fell down, and break your toes :crack

Tear
Mar 30th, 2004, 01:42:07 AM
I used to jump off the porch onto mine. Porch was a storie or two up and i was only 8 or something so i didnt bottom out when i landed. Good times.

I remember when me and a buddy decided to try and do a flip at the same time from opposite ends. We ended up colliding into each other in mid air. :p

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 30th, 2004, 02:19:34 AM
I love Trampolines! We used to go on them in our physical education classes and play Street Fighter. You could fall backwards then back spring up to standing again, and it looked like you were some sort of martial arts master (or a Power Ranger) :D

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Mar 30th, 2004, 02:48:35 AM
*knocks on wood* We have one as well - for about 5 or 6 years - and no accidents yet. Id like to carry it down and set it on our dock so the kids can jump off and do flips in the lake :)

Quay, you definitely need help with the springs...theyre such a major pain!! :verymad

Quay'Na Rakai
Mar 30th, 2004, 03:57:51 AM
Yeah, maybe I can see if my dad can help me. We didn't have any accidents last year, so hopefully we'll be lucky again this year.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 30th, 2004, 04:20:53 AM
Bounce

Jump, Bounce, Down, Up

I went out on a date,
With a girl, a bit late,
She had so many friends,
Gliding through many hands.
I brought my pogo stick,
Just to show her a trick,
She had so many friends,
Gliding through many hands.

Jump Pogo?..
Bounce Pogo,
Down Pogo, Up Pogo

Unannounced twister games,
All players with no names,
They lined up double quick,
But just one pogo stick,
Everyone gets to play,
Runaway, expose',
It was so exotic,
But just one pogo stick.

Jump Pogo?..
Bounce Pogo,
Down Pogo, Up Pogo

Oh, I like to spread you out,
Touching whoever's behind

Jump Pogo?..
Bounce Pogo!
Down Pogo, Up Pogo

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Mar 31st, 2004, 11:17:06 AM
Youve been hanging with Mu, havent ya, Mark? ;)

imported_Akrabbim
Mar 31st, 2004, 08:40:04 PM
There's a pattern to putting the springs on. You put one on, then the opposite. Then do the ones 90 degrees from that. Basically, it's like a pie that you cut into pieces over and over. Works better that way.

Jared Mriad
Mar 31st, 2004, 08:42:07 PM
The Truth -^

Charley
Mar 31st, 2004, 08:51:58 PM
Any excuse to handle tools, post diggers, pile drivers, and cement is NEVER a bad thing.

Trampolines are cool, except that my dog ate our trampoline cover a few years ago :(

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 31st, 2004, 08:55:44 PM
Dont have a trampoline. I wonder what it would be liek to get one of my cats and get it bouncing on one?

I suspect said cat would cause loss of blood and limbs for me in protest

Charley
Mar 31st, 2004, 08:59:05 PM
You'd have to drop it from a big distance to get any kind of effect.

Interestingly, I spent an hour bouncing a 2 year old on a trampoline today.

Quay'Na Rakai
Mar 31st, 2004, 09:15:04 PM
Thanks for the info on the springs, still haven't gotten it done. It's been raining the past 2 days. Darn...