PDA

View Full Version : Death Sentence Aftermath (DS-related crew must read)

Sejah Haversh
Mar 29th, 2004, 01:25:07 AM
Okay, so as Death Sentence winds to a close, there are a lot of issues to be covered. I'll try to go over the basics just in case there is somethign you don't understand, and you can ask questions too.

So far, J'ktal has offered a solution that Sejah be beaten within an inch of his life instead of being killed. That is just about the only solution the Royal Council will accept in the place of death. Orignally they called for death by beheadding, in which case the head and the sword that reomoved it would be sent back to Nehantish so that the head might eb displayed, and the sword cleansed.

Nehantish is a world steeped in tradition, as well as class structure. Sejah poses a great threat to the upper classes for he is a very low class citizen who has now become a celebrity popular among the working classes for his triumph in the Rho'istaan fighting and fencing tournament. The Sultan and Royal Council fear that if he goes on to become a Jedi, he will become even more powerful. The upper classes know that if the lower classes become emboldened by such a hero, there might be uprosings for better rights, and very possibly a civil war.

So, Sejah has to die in order for the Sultan to remain comfortably in power.

A year ago, J'ktal Anajii, a Death-Shadow Captain was tested and found Force-sensitive. As a special assignment, he was sent to the Greater Jedi Order to learn the ways of the Jedi, and become one himself while also taking note of possible ways to overcome their strange powers. Originally he had little to do with Sejah, but during the Rho'istaan he saved the swordbeast's life twice, so Sejah owes him a debt of gratitude.

I would like to make this perfectly clear: J'ktal has no personal quarrels with Sejah. He does not hate him, and does not want to kill him. He is simply doing his job, and attempting to balance his orders with both of the Orders he now serves, both Jedi and Death-Shadow Corps. He deems neither Order to be superior, and is NOT the evil guy he is made out to be. He just sometimes does unpleasant things.

Should Sejah accept the beating, he will probably be in the intensive care unit for a while, and be in a world of hurt, but most likely the Royal Council will be appeased and call off the order for death. But if he refuses, J'ktal will have to tell the DS Corps that he cannot perform the execution because it would jeapordize a larger mission (his training) and he would be excused from the assignment of executing Sejah. However, a second Death-Shadow would be sent to complete the mission, so Sejah would be far from safe.

That brings us to the current dilemna. What to do with Sejah, and how to deal with the Nehantite Royal Council.

First, I'd like to state that once he realizes his limited options, Sejah will accept the beating. The Royal Council will require a video of the beating, and a full medical report on Sejah afterward, as well as request an audience with a Jedi.

For the benefit of the Council, I reccomend that J'ktal be brought back in. He is capable of seperating his own beleifs and opinions from his advice so that he can become a database of facts and Nehtntite legal proceedings that the Council may question to help them come up with their choice. He knows the ins and outs of the legal workings, as well as knowing some of the Royal Council personally, and knows what they'll want.

If you have any questions/concerns, please ask me.

Also, right now J'ktal has the mindset that Sejah should be protected, so it would be better to keep he and Sejah in close proximity so that J'ktal can actually watch out for Sejah's safety.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Apr 11th, 2004, 12:24:05 AM
Okay, it looks like things are comign along well.

I have made the beating thread for Sejah's punishment, and called it, of all things, "Punishment,"

The Council has been invited to witness the beating, if they so choose, and so if you think you want to have your character oversee things and make sure it doesn't get *too* out of hand, feel free. You are not obligated to do so, though.

Second, for the team heading to Nehantish, it looks like you are Figrin, Dasquain and Estelle. Someone still needs to invite Estelle to go in the Death Sentence thread, and if any of you ahve questions, just IM me, I'm on all the time.

Third, if you would like to have your own thread regarding the aftermath of the Death Sentence thread, feel free to do so. If you want Sejah or J'ktal involved, just let me know. Drop any general questions here and I'll answer them as quick as possible.

Figrin D'an
Apr 12th, 2004, 08:52:01 PM
I'll be starting a thread, maybe later this evening, on preparing to leave for Nehantish. I plan on taking care of inviting Dasq and Estelle on the journey in that thread. At some point in the thread, Figrin will probably also consult J'ktal about the trip.

Estelle Russard
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:17:25 PM
Sounds good :)

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 16th, 2004, 03:22:59 AM
:thumbup Roger.