PDA

View Full Version : Form VII Lightsaber Combat

Kack Mebuff
Mar 28th, 2004, 10:46:41 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is teaching Form VII lightsaber combat? Or is capable of teaching it. Kack would like to learn it to further his training and Zeke can't really teach him anymore about combat.

If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about you can check out the link here (http://swg.stratics.com/content/gameplay/professions/jedi/lightsaber_combat.shtml)

Thanks a ton.

- Kack

Helenias Evenstar
Mar 29th, 2004, 07:06:29 AM
I can teach a few forms and even different weapons to normal for a Jedi. But you would have to be very persuasive, I'm hanging my sabre up for a while IC for good reasons.

Kack Mebuff
Mar 30th, 2004, 01:48:01 AM
Good Reason = child?

Kack is a Jedi Warrior and would like to learn Form VII for several reasons.

1.) It is the most difficult and most effective form of lightsaber combat which requires the most dedication.

2.) He could teach it to other padawans once becoming a knight/master

3.) It's damn cool.

Soolin Anjhurin
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:01:29 PM
I never understood it. I just base my character's styles off of real world martial arts.

spada
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:06:14 PM
I think form VII is more based on strength but at the same time a good deal of deception and unsureness in the opponent because of the flowing, decieving kind of moves, am i right? I'm just looking at how Mace Windu was fighting and thats what im going by. I am trying to learn that also but i guess that couldn't help you

Figrin D'an
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:06:19 PM
Keep in mind that Form VII requires a near singular focus in terms of Jedi studies. Learning it is perfectly acceptible... just keep in mind that you will need to counterbalance your character appropriately (ie. other Jedi skills may not be very developed).

Kack Mebuff
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:59:58 PM
Form VII
Only high-level masters of multiple Forms can achieve and control the ultimate descipline known as Form VII. This is the most difficult and demanding of all Forms, but it can eventually lead to fantastic power and skill. Form VII employs bold, direct movements, more open and kinetic than Form V but not so elaborate in appearance as Form IV. In addition to very advanced Force-assisted jumps and movements, Form VII tactics overwhelm opponents with seemingly unconnected staccato sequences, making the Form highly unpredictable in battle. This trait makes for a much more difficult execution than the graceful, linked move sequences of Form IV. Form VII requires the intensity of Form V, but much greater energy since that focus is wielded more broadly. Form VII draws upon a deeper well of emotion than even Form V, yet masters it more fully. The outward bearing of a Form VII practitioner is one of calm, but the inner pressure verges on explosion. Form VII is still under development since so few can achieve the necessary mastery to advance the art.

Figrin, I definitely understand what you are talking about. Kack's training to be a Jedi Warrior anyway... so I figure lightsaber combat should be pretty high on his list of priorities. But also Form VII will take up quite a chunk of his focus.

Helenias Evenstar
Apr 7th, 2004, 07:15:26 AM
Yes, you have the reason in one.

Originally posted by Figrin D'an
Keep in mind that Form VII requires a near singular focus in terms of Jedi studies. Learning it is perfectly acceptible... just keep in mind that you will need to counterbalance your character appropriately (ie. other Jedi skills may not be very developed).

This I agree with.

I've based fighting techniques on Michelle Yeoh in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, plus some Bruce Lee movies. Now we have the forms ( :rolleyes ) , the closest to what I like is Form VII.

Before I prattle on too much - yes, if you ask, I'll teach.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 8th, 2004, 09:09:31 PM
Thank you so much, Helenias! *BIG HUGE HUG* Would you like me to start a thread to formally ask you?

Helenias Evenstar
Apr 8th, 2004, 10:26:25 PM
Yes