PDA

View Full Version : Darkness of Lower Coruscant

imported_Jacali Danner
Mar 27th, 2004, 09:21:53 PM
Jedi Padawan, Jacali Danner and roommate, Jame Kamen Dar walked in silence through the Temple corridors. The two knew the dangers of what may come with going to the lower regions of Coruscant.

Jacali's right hand was bandaged and today she walked with a very noticeable limp, but the Padawan was determined to continue with the said plan. She was going to find her sister, Kira today and bring her back.

The sun was just barely beginning to show as the two stepped out into the crisp, cool morning air.

Jame had decided to join them after a conversation with Jacali the night before and seeing that the Padawan was still not in the best of shape.

Jacali winced slightly with every step, but it wasn't going to stop her. Back pain was something she was going to have to live with from time to time, it was just the end results from her accident, she had been warned.

The Padawan would not falter, she must remember to look past the pain and think on something good. Her hand brushed against her newly constructed lightsabre, a smile came to her face again.

Jacali took in a deep breath and released it. In her pocket was the maps she had chosen, so now all they had to do was wait for Master Shade Magus to arrive.

Shade Magus
Mar 28th, 2004, 06:13:06 PM
Shade walked up to the two girls and smiled.

"Good morning ladies. Everything ready?"

Jame Kaman Dar
Mar 29th, 2004, 02:52:20 AM
Jame looked at Jacali.

"I don't know... are we ready?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Mar 29th, 2004, 04:16:12 AM
Jacali nodded without hesitation. "As ready as I'll ever be. Let's go."

Shade Magus
Mar 29th, 2004, 05:06:36 PM
Shade nodded and stepped aside, allowing Jacali to lead the way.

imported_Jacali Danner
Mar 29th, 2004, 09:02:54 PM
Jacali nodded and limped towards the street, where an older style Nexx Speeder was parked. It was scratched and dinged and painted...a grungy green.

Jacali nodded for them to get in. "Don't ask." She smiled. "It's mine and I've just not had the time to fix the outside. It's a project, I've been working on, on the side. I've made a lot of the modifications myself."

The inside was a lot nicer, but the Padawan had placed grungy seat covers over the original upholstery and removed a lot of the high-tech and high fangled gadgets she had installed. "It's gonna be a beauty once I get her finished. May take me a while, funds ya know."

Once they were in, she started it up. It started right away, purring like a kitten. A few seconds later, she put it in gear and off they went, zipping into the morning haze of Coruscant.

Shade Magus
Mar 30th, 2004, 08:57:33 PM
Shade sat in the back, allowing the two women to seat in the front.

"Don't worry. Atleast you have a speeder."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:58:34 PM
The Padawan zipped in and out of traffic. "Make sure your tray tables are up and your seats are in the upright position. Oh and fasten your restraints, because we're going down."

She gave them a few moments notice and then plunged the speeder straight down, zipping with ease through traffic lane after traffic lane.

Jacali didn't falter once, she was calm and collected as they dropped.

Shade Magus
Apr 7th, 2004, 05:03:42 PM
Shade not really paying attention, didn't hear and comprehend Jacali until it was to late. When she straight down, it caught Shade by surprise and the Jedi was torn back into his set.

"Whoa!"

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 11th, 2004, 01:32:27 PM
Down further and further they descended at point blank speed. The lower they went the darker it got, soon the sun's rays were barely seen.

The Padawan pulled up a bit and leveled out in the last few levels of mid-Coruscant. She slowed down and found a decent parking garage.

"This alright with you? I don't really want to park any lower or my baby could be stripped clean." She got out and stretched a bit, then got out her maps and laid them on the hood. "Ok, I knwo how my sister is and I meditated on finding her last night. I feel that she's in this area." It was only one of the worst places in Lower Coruscant. Sith and drug lords and who knew what else was down there.

Shade Magus
Apr 11th, 2004, 01:44:37 PM
Shade put one hand on the side and leapt out of the speeder without the use of the Force, he pleasently noted to himself. He looked around and a slow chill ran through his body.

"Nice place down here. It could use a few throw rugs and some lamps, but I could see home being here," the Jedi smiled as he said this. Trying to bring a lighter mood to everyone.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 11th, 2004, 01:56:04 PM
Jacali smiled at him. "I'd rather live in the Tatooine deserts with the Jawas and Krayt Dragons, than down this far. I couldn't imagine living in the ghettos, where Kira obviously does." She shuddered at the thought. But, she was going to get her out of that mess very soon. The sooner the better.

She took her attentions back to the maps. "I was thinking if we took the lifts from Sonner Street down to Pithe...what a name...we could reach the Spaldling District. Which is right where I felt Kira to be."

Shade Magus
Apr 11th, 2004, 02:00:10 PM
Shade nodded at her first words. So would I, but I guess everyone has there own opinions, the Jedi thought as he took another look around the place.

"Well Madame. Which way is our direction?" He then smiled at Jacili and bowed gesturing for her to lead the way.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 11th, 2004, 02:09:49 PM
"Sonner is only two blocks that way." She pointed as she walked back to the trunk and opened it. She pulled out three un-Jedi-like robes, that looked rather worn and tattered. "I borrowed these from a couple of people that make them down in the Jedi-wear department. One of the guys down there is into theatre and makes these to look like this for plays."

She handed one each to Shade and Jame and put one on herself. "Thought they might come in handy."

Once in the robes, she headed off in the direction of the lifts.

Shade Magus
Apr 11th, 2004, 02:15:59 PM
Shade looked at the robe he was given. Well it's not my style, but atleast I am not force to run around naked. He quickly donned the robe and followed Jacali.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 11th, 2004, 02:30:41 PM
It wasn't anytime at all before the three of them where headed further down towards the lower regions. Jacali could feel the darkness growing with every floor they decended. Get my sister and get out. That was the mental thought going through her mind. But, for some reason, it didn't feel as simple as she thought.

Mid-Coruscant could be rough, but Lower Coruscant was...well, worse.

The lift stopped on Pithe street just as Jacali needed. "The spalding District isn't far, about five blocks to the west." But, what kind of trouble lay ahead of them? Jacali could feel it lurking all around as the three began walking down the street.

Streetlights were the only lights available, the sun never reached down this far. Aliens and beings of all sorts walked the streets, drunk and dealing.

Some man grabbed Jacali for a mire moment. I'll give ya the directrions to hell, miss...you're in it.

He laughed an walked on only to vomit a few steps away.

Ugh... Jacali thought as she continued on. This was like another world down here.

Shade Magus
Apr 11th, 2004, 07:56:24 PM
Shade moved aside as the man stumbeld past him. He shook his head. There was many down here who had potential, but too few people that could help them realize it.

His look narrowed as something passed through the Force. "We need to be careful down here. I sense...something, but I am not sure what it is yet."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 11th, 2004, 08:07:57 PM
Jacali nodded silently, she really wanted to find her sister now and get her out of here as soon as possible.

"Maybe if I try to locate her through our link, I don't know if it'll work. But, if it'll get us to her faster, it's worth a shot." She said quietly.

Shade Magus
Apr 11th, 2004, 08:15:16 PM
Shade nodded. "It is worth a shot, but becareful where you tread with the Force down here. There is something I can't put my finger on, but I don't like it."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 11th, 2004, 08:41:55 PM
"Alright, let's get out of the street and I'll see if I can locate her." Jacali glanced about for a few moments and saw a small alcove in one of the buildings near an alleyway. "Let's go over there."

The Padawan made her way to the area only to be grumbled at by some homeless person huddled there. "Excuse me." She said and stepped back.

"Well, how about that alley?" It would be quiet enough, but then again, it was very dark. "Maybe not, any suggestions, Shade?"

Shade Magus
Apr 11th, 2004, 08:43:22 PM
"It's probably as good a place as any," Shade said as he waked over the people laying in the street.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 11th, 2004, 08:52:53 PM
The Padawan nodded and proceeded towards the alley. It was hard to keep an open mind in a place so dark and dingy and filled with hopelessness.

Jacali got into a comfortable stance and closed her eyes, drawing herself into the comfort of the Force. Kira, you are near. It is I, Jacali, your sister. Please, help me to find you. I want to help you so badly, please answer me!

Jacali waited. Waited for an answer she really needed and wanted.

Shade Magus
Apr 11th, 2004, 09:04:00 PM
Shade waited while Jacali tried reaching out with the Force to find her sister. He kept the people wondering to close at bay, leading them away with the Force.

Salem Ave
Apr 12th, 2004, 04:10:54 AM
Something was lurking in the darkness. It watched the two Jedi, completely unseen. Whatever it was they were looking for, they had accidentally stumbled across something far more gruesome. Like some great arachnid, clinging to the wall, Salem Ave swung himself down onto the pathway with a thud. His luminous white eyes became visible in the murk, as he lurched forwards a few steps, eyeing the Jedi. One clawed hand lifted into the air, singling out Jacali, as he began to apply pressure to her throat with the Force.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 12th, 2004, 07:23:09 PM
Jacali felt dizzy for a second and then cold. It was as if someone had placed a cold blanket of darkness on her shoulders.

She coughed as she came out of her trance-like meditation.

The young Padawan looked around and gasped as something unseen gripped her around the throat. Panic overwhelmed her for a second. She couldn't speak, it had her that tightly.

Jacali grabbed her throat, but knew it was useless. The Force grip was tightening as she struggled to breathe. The Padawan forced herself to relax and call to the Force. Her own connection allowed her a seconds worth of breath, but the power behind whoever had her, gripped her tighter.

Jacali was going to blackout if she couldn't get her breath, she went for Shade and nearly bowled him over.

...can't...breath...force-grip... She fell to her knees.

Shade Magus
Apr 12th, 2004, 10:23:00 PM
Shade was caught by surprise when Jacali fell, but his Force awareness stared ringing bells in his head. He could feel the dark connection trying to choke her. He reached out with the Force in an attepmt to locate the soure and to also break the hold they had over the young Padawan.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 13th, 2004, 03:41:45 AM
Shade's strength was enough to break the hold of whatever it was that had her, along with her own strength.

Jacali gasped in a breath of air, shook her head and quickly stood. She raised her blocking barriers, moreso. Had there been time, she would've been embarrassed from such a stunt, but Jacali's lack of street experience could very well have done her in.

It wouldn't happen again, the Padawan was fully aware of everything now going on around her, even though before she assumed she was in controll.

She remained calm as the Light of the Force enveloped her.

Salem Ave
Apr 13th, 2004, 10:27:21 AM
His grip may have let up, but Salem wasn’t about to give up yet. He retreated into the shadows, hoping to lure them in further, into territory that he knew that they would find difficult to fight in. If they didn’t take the bait, he would return again, with another blitzkrieg-style attack. The sound of something breaking stone could be heard, as Salem latched onto the wall once again, scaling it with impeccable ease – just waiting for the Jedi to walk beneath him…

Kelt Simoson
Apr 13th, 2004, 11:00:14 AM
Making a guest appearance was the weilder of a misty blue lightsaber. The weapon was activated carefully which broke the darkness finally, it glowed brilliantly which for a moment illuminated its owner, a hooded and cloaked figure though through all the hood was worth he was sure Jacali would recognize the very unique color of his saber.

Before formalities were in motion the silhouette of a man throw the saber into a spin towards the two Jedi, it boomeranged itself towards the two Padawans before flowing swiftly upwards, climbing up the side of the building guided by its user.

As it went it brightened that particular area of darkness it was entering like a flowing pocket of good brightening something that had not seen light in centuries. It continued at a speed until the saber illuminated Jacalis and Shades attacker for a very short moment. It sliced effortlessly through the pipe he was holding to, sparks flew in all directions including onto the cloaked attackers body.

The pipe bent downwards at it could not take the weight of its holder and suddenly snapped like a weak, damp twig, the cloaked attacker fell from the light of the light saber and into the darkness of the street once more.

The saber swiftly returned to the hands of its master.

Kelt suddenly drew back his hood and finally revealed himself to be who he was. he had stayed out of Jacalis presence for the best of the time since admitting their feelings for eachother but kelt knew in his heart that he did not like to see her down here, he knew something would happen though he had no idea how.

' Are you okay Jacali, Shade?' With his lightsaber still activated he asked them in a soft, cool tone, he knew this darksider was not vanquished quite yet. It was lurking.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 13th, 2004, 04:26:53 PM
Jacali's heart skipped a beat as she felt his presence and then saw the lightsabre.

Kelt.

But, how did he know they were down here? It didn't matter, there he was standing in the shadows, watching out for her. Still after all this time that had passed. The whatever it was fell into the darkness once again, but she sure it was around somewhere.

Are you okay, Jacali, Shade?

His voice was like a melody to her, but there was still danger around now that the ice was broken between them...

Jacali felt her awareness strenghten as she looked at Kelt. "Yeah, I'm alright. Thanks, both of you, that thing took me off guard. It won't happen again." She sighed and shook her head slightly.

Shade Magus
Apr 13th, 2004, 04:31:17 PM
The Jedi Knight scanned the area, sending his Force awareness out. Whatever, or whoever it was had vanished. He turned to Jacali and put a hand on her shoulder. "Hey don't worry. Anybody could be caught off gaurd."

Salem Ave
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:23:29 AM
Salem was no stranger to falls, tumbles and the general danger of scaling walls. Luckily, his species was strongly built and he managed to twist himself so that he wouldn’t land on his head or neck when he fell. Crouching, his chest rising and falling with breath, he watched the amassed group of Jedi. This new arrival was a Knight, he could tell. Two Knights and a Padawan… could he take them? He could damn well try.

From his waist he pulled a slim cylinder, palming it into his left hand. It was the saber that Jeseth Cloak had crafted for him, and it cut the shadows with an eerie growl, almost sentient. His free hand rose into the air, singling out Kelt this time, as he sent forth a wave of energy of the technique he was focusing on as his specialty. It would slow Kelt’s impulses for the fight that he would find himself in. It was noticeable only as a slight dizzy feeling, but the Jedi would soon see it’s full effects.

Out of the darkness Salem then leapt – bringing down a two-handed overhead hack towards Simoson.

Dark Lord Rivin
Apr 14th, 2004, 12:08:57 PM
Rivin had been watching for a while now. These people have been getting closer and closer to one of his projects he has been working on in the lower levels. He remains in the shadows, not moving to help anybody yet, since Salem is a traitor to TSO, and the rest are Jedi.

So he stays in the shadows on the walkway above them, trying to deside which side of the fight he should join. Take down the Traitor, or go after the Jedi. It was a hard choice.

Shade Magus
Apr 14th, 2004, 02:40:55 PM
Shade saw the creature jump out from the shadows and the Jedi Knight was in motion. His hand still on Jacali's shoulder, he pushed the young girl back slightly as his lightsaber leapt from his belt, the green blade already moving in an arc to intercept the newcomer's.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:20:35 AM
They said there were no such things as monsters. You know, things that go bump in the night. Scared you as a kid, something in the wardrobe. There' there thry said, patting you on the ead, no need to fear - monsters dont exist!

All well and good except for one tiny minor detail.

Monsters were real. And they look like you or me. Everyday people, living amongst us. You could pass them on the street and not know. But they were there, lurking, only waiting for a chance to show up. Not all monsters were bad tho . In the Galaxy, the top monsters were the Force Users. You had the Jedii, whom were seen with some suspicion, maybe love, maybe respect. The normal mosters, the thieves, thugs and murderers were scared of the Jedi. If you were a thief, hearing a Jedi go thump in the night was enough to make your pants wet.

Then there were the nightmares. The Sith. The hearts of darkness. They were the stufff even the most powerful had nightmares of. Just 50 years earlier, one Sith caused such a reign of terror, his name was never said out of sheer fear, even if he was dead. Other sith had arisen - but if the truth be told, they were Dark Jedi, malevolent, hostile, fueled by rage.

The Jedi fought the Sith. The Sith fought the Jedi. it was the way of the Force. There was no middle path.

If there was, the being up on a few levels higher, quietly watching for his quarry to come out of cover was it. The Sith didnt know about the third way, the Jedi did and they remembered the last one who took it. Count Dooku. The Last of the Lost Twenty. The Lost, the only Jedi whom had willingly chosen to leave the Order. Most slipped into Darkness and cuased great strife.

One or two were never heard of again.

The Lost were legends and a great sadness and weight over the Jedi of the Old Republic. Always their best. Always the same patterns of disatisfaction.

And always, they were the stuff monsters were made of.

In the New Republic, the Lost Jedi were a relic, a tale. But not anymore.

Ever since the incident at the factory, he had been tracking this Sith. His skills for tracking were peerless, an inate ability in the Force developed and honed. He was armed and ready to kill - not for him the mercy of a Jedi. His cold blooded ability to kill without any quarter or merck was more like a Sith and indeed, some would think he was a being of evil, twisted and warped. Even he didnt know some days.

He leapt off another walkway, now certain he was closing in. His boots hit the walkway with a muted thump, the hood over his face shifting lower. He was crouched and had his head down, but the anger was clear in his voice as he addressed Rivin.

"Remember me? If not, here's a hint"

One of his hands came up out of the cloak. The rail gun in his hand crackled as it spat death at the Sith.

Kelt Simoson
Apr 15th, 2004, 09:50:51 AM
Before Shade and Salems sabers connected, Kelts arm was already half raised in a desprit attempt to defend himself and as the Vampire came downwards upon Simoson the Jedi Knight force pushed the darksider in mid air which flew him back into the darkness of the ally.

Salems Saber of course still glowled and it was easy to recognize where the Kuklos member had fallen to. ' Shade..' Said kelt grabbing the Jedi KNIGHTS attention ' Take care of Jacali, im going to deal with this one' And before recieving a responce Kelt was on in persuit of the dark one he had just force pushed, his mind slowly wearing away the sluggishness Salem had placed on him. kelt began to gain speed.

Salem Ave
Apr 15th, 2004, 10:09:36 AM
The flash and crackle of sabers filled the darkness, as red and green blades met and rebounded from one another. Jedi and Sith Knight poised themselves opposite one another, as they prepared for combat. It seemed they were well matched in their lightsaber skills and their duel was likely to last some time. Salem did not mind – he was actually looking forward to it. The thrill of battle was exhilarating. With another well-placed strike, Ave allowed himself time to bait Kelt as the two of them disappeared further into the shadows…

[OOC: Well people, neither Kelt or I want to be part of a big brawl - that wasn't what we expected when we joined, so we’re out. Sorry about this Jacali. Hopefully you can still accomplish what you wanted to with this thread.]

Dark Lord Rivin
Apr 15th, 2004, 10:19:22 AM
Rivin didn't need to wait for the hint. He rolls off the walkway just as the rail gun's shots hit where he was. He hits the ground behind Jacali landing in a crouched position. Having lived a fight with Marcus before, Rivin had no desire to test fate again.

How this man tracked him here, since he has been off planet five times since the explosive factory, Rivin had no Idea, but that doesn't matter. He has found him, and Rivin need to escape, or at least get to a place where he will have the advantage.

Rivin uses the force to throw Jacali at Marcus, hoping that the rail gun shots might hit her, assuming that Marcus would be tracking Rivin with the gun.

Rivin then goes to bolt off into the darkness hoping that having a person thrown at Marcus would be enough distraction for him to escape.

OOC: I was not really looking for a fight at all I just wanted to watch from the shadows, and since it is Rivin's nature to run when he is out matched, I am depatring the scene.

Shade Magus
Apr 15th, 2004, 06:10:23 PM
Shade watched Rivin throw Jacali, and he reached out with the Force, catching her and pulling her back just before Marcus's railgun hit her. He didn't think about how had he had pulled her, and she came flying at him and knocked him over. Lucky for him, he was the one to break their fall. He looked up at Jacali and gave a slight smile. "Sorry about that. You ok?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 15th, 2004, 07:35:30 PM
"Aahhh!!" Jacali yelled as she was thrown around like a rag doll and finally stopped when she plowed into Shade. Whomp! Ouch...

The Padawan had knocked them both to the ground. "Ugh, yeah I'm okay. That was quite a ride, Shade." Slowly, she got up and brushed herself off and suddenly noticed her back wasn't hurting. "I guess something good came out of that, my back quit hurting." She smiled.

Shade Magus
Apr 15th, 2004, 07:44:49 PM
Shade leaned up on his elbows an nodded. "Well that is always good...but I think mind hurts now. I gotta learn to control it when I do stuff like that." Shade jumped up to his feet and dusted himself off. "So be all that, did you get an idea on the whereabouts of your sister?"

Yurza Magus
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:09:52 PM
Approximately five kilometers away, a fragile girl fell to the floor. Standing ovr her was a monster, and that word was not to be taken lightly with him in mind. "Get up now, and go back to work. Make sure you clean your mess up. Andso help me if you don't sleep with more men tonight and bring me more money then you'll be the next one to go out on the street!" The girl was shaking as she noded her head and scambled out fo the man's sight. Must people would probably tell her to just go, but most people didn't know that out on the street meant your dead body in a trash bag.

Yurza turned around to find the others staring at him, and one look was all it took for them to continue thier work. The Dark apprentice went back over to his chair and sat down, placing a hand over his brow. He hated this place, but it was necessary to bring in the money he needed. He looked up and watched his workers scurry about. Some selling spice, some about to go tracking down bounties, and others getting ready to go sell their bodies. It hadn't been that had to become a crime lord down here in the under bellies of Coruscant. All you need to do was give the people something to fear, and if there was one thing Yurza had an abundance of it was fear.

He looked over at a small door that had opened and he saw Kira standing there, looking at him. How dare she?! Just wait Yurza. She will pay for her insolence. Only a little while longer and she won't have her precious child to use as a scapegoat. He sighed at the thought of how much money he had lost due to that woman being pregnant. She was his best selling woman, and he had treated her far better than the others, and she goes and repays him by getting pregnant. The father had already been dealt with, but there was nothing he could do about the child. True he could have made her get an abortion, but even monsters had some morals.

When he looked back the door was closed. Yurza snapped his hand out and grabbed a passing man. "You! Make sure Kira has everything she needs. Don't let her out of her room unless I say so got it?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:24:33 PM
"She's close, very close. If only..." Kira's voice hit her like a freighter on a colision course.

My dear, sweet sister, you must get away from this place!! Don't come any closer! Go back topside, this place isn't for you! Please , go!!

Jacali shook her head and released the breath she hadn't realized she was holding. "She's wants us to go back." She shook her head. "I'm not turning around, she's in deep trouble, Shade. This way!" Jacali took off in a slow jog, that was about as fast as she could go with her leg.

"Damn brace!" She muttered.

Shade Magus
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:32:18 PM
Shade was able to keep a steady pace next to Jacali as the jogged down the alleyways. He sent out his Force awareness, to prevent another amubsh from happening. As they went farther in the direction Jacali was leading them, a new sense prickled Shade's mind. It was something he could not place his finger on just yet.

Yurza Magus
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:44:14 PM
Yurza snapped his head to the side. He felt a ripple in the Force, but he couldn't be sure what it was. He knew Kira was Force gifted, but was she that refined in her abilities? No, he hadn't allowed her the time for training. But there was no mistaken the ripple, and something else. Something he hadn't felt in a long time. A smiled slowly played its way onto his face as realization dawned on him. He nodded to the closest person to him to come forwward. "You prepare a banquet and the welcome mat. I expect we shall have company tonight."

Yurza leaned back in his chair, with his fingers steepled before him. Yes my brother, come. Oh what a time we shall have...

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:49:56 PM
It took some time, but the two had finally reached the Spalding District. This place was really the pits, homeless were standing around garbage can fires and sleeping in boxes, covered with newspapers.

A drunk hobo-type being stumbled by waving his bagged liquor at anyone and everyone, cursing in a very strange language.

Jacali stopped short and felt the mood of this place, it was fitted with loniliness, hopelessness and despair. Everything that would lead one to the Darkside in an instant.

The Padawan blocked it all out and reached out into the Force to locate her sister. It only too a few moments. "She's further down the block." She told him and began to walk again cautiously through the thick of homeless beings, who stared at the two of them as if they had the plague.

Leten Snat
Apr 16th, 2004, 12:28:25 PM
Out of a Pile of junk, Leten sticks his head out. He had been doing his normal salvage stuff in his old home area when he had senced Shade's presence in the force. Leten hops out of the junk pile just as Jacali and Shade walk past it.

"Hi Shade!"

Leten then bows to Jacali

"Goodday Miss, What brings the two of you down into this neck of the woods?"

Leten looks at the direction that they are going...

"And if you would like my expert advice on this place, Unless you have a death wish or really know where to step, I would not go down that walkway. It's littered with grannet slugs, which are slowly eating the walkway one wrong step and you will ether get eathe by a slug or fall to your doom."

Shade Magus
Apr 16th, 2004, 05:44:14 PM
Shade had been about to go down the walkway in front of Jacali to check if the coast was clear, until Leten said that. "Ok then. Do you know another way around?"

Leten Snat
Apr 16th, 2004, 10:05:03 PM
"There is a raw metal beam that runs allong side of the walkway about half a floor down. The beam is only 1 foot wide and there is nothing to hold on to. It's just as good as a walkway for me, but I don't normaly take non-natives that way. The beam tends to get alot of hawkbat poop on it in the middle and can get rather slippery there. There is another way past the danger zone of the walkway ahead, but it's almost a days walk round about route."

Leten looks back down the walkway.

"I can't see why you would want to go down that way anyway. Not only would be walking in to Grannet slug heaven, it's also pritty bad for the number of Corridor Ghouls. And the last thing you want is to be caught between them and the Abyss. I would rather fight the Ghouls over falling into the Abyss, and fighting the Ghouls almost insures your death."

Leten thinks for a moment...

"Well I guess a lightsaber might help in fighting the ghouls, but I haven't tryed since I got mine, and I'm really in no hurry to find out."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 17th, 2004, 03:55:23 AM
Jacali looks at Shade. "I can't turn around, Shade. I'm just too close, she's here."

Shade Magus
Apr 17th, 2004, 05:11:47 PM
Shade thought of the options. Jacali wanted o go forward, but there was the danger Leten had warned about also. And then there was this new presence that Shade could feel calling him, but who was it? What to do, what to do... The Jedi turned to Leten and pointed don the path he had spoken about. "Leten, can you take us forward and if it gets to much then we can turn around and come back to go another way."

Leten Snat
Apr 18th, 2004, 11:05:16 AM
Leten Nods.

"Alright, I can do that, but just so you know, if it does get to being too much, it will most likely be too late to turn back. Thats just the way things work around here."

Leten hurries off to a set of stairs near by and when hi is about 15 steps down, he hops over the railing falls about 5 feet and lands on the one foot wide beam he was talking about.

"If you need any help getting down just let me know!" Leten calls back up to them. "I might be able to fine something you two could use as a step if it's needed!"

Yurza Magus
Apr 18th, 2004, 03:04:17 PM
Yurza reached out with the Force and lightly touched his brother and the one with him. They would know his hatred before they even stepped into his lair. What is this? Another one? Yurza thought as he felt another Force signature play into the fold. Who could this be, I wonder.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 18th, 2004, 04:24:52 PM
Jacali followed Leten down the steps and over the railing. She was very glad she had gotten her balance to return after her accident or this would've been nearly impossible.

Shade Magus
Apr 18th, 2004, 04:27:49 PM
Shade watched the rear as the other two went down to the beam. Then making sure that no one was behind them, Shade did a Force leap and landed soundlessly behind Jacali, with his back still truned, looking for danger.

Leten Snat
Apr 19th, 2004, 11:00:54 AM
When Leten sees that everybody is down safely on the beem, Leten Runs on ahead checking to see how safe the beem is ahead. After a few moments he runs back and says.

"In about another 50 feet along the beem there is a 4 foot section covered with hawk bat poo. The stuff is really slippery and thus meens it is very fresh. I also found a small Grannet slug on the Beem but i knocked it off, so that shouldn't be a problem. I will not have any problems jumping the poo. Do ether of you think that it will cause a problem for you?"

Shade Magus
Apr 20th, 2004, 12:28:58 PM
"It shouldn't for me. What about you Jacali?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 20th, 2004, 09:00:05 PM
A four foot jump...Jacali was concerned without trying to seem concerned. Jumping wasn't a stronghold for her with her leg, but she would feel like an idiot if she couldn't make the jump.

But, not telling them would be like down right lying. Jacali stopped and looked at Shade. She sighed deeply. "I think, I'll be alright, but until I'm in the jump and landing...I won't really know."

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2004, 09:49:22 AM
Leten gets a concerned look on his face...

"Once your in the air, Unless Shade can catch you with the force, you will eather land properly or you will fall 15 floors to the next walkway under that spot. I really don't want to have to scrape you off the walkway. If you want to go around, it's not too late."

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 12:23:11 PM
Shade shook his head. "No I can catch her with the Force, or even levitate her the entire way across if she doesn't mind."

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2004, 12:30:53 PM
"Okay then lets get going."

Leten runs along the beem untill he gets to the slippery spot. he does a running jump and lands on the other side, and waits there for the others.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 22nd, 2004, 04:43:37 AM
It was Jacali's turn. I can do this. I can do this! She took off as fast as her leg would allow and jumped, using the Force to give her an extra boost.

Her landing wasn't as graceful as she would've wanted, but she missed all the poo and landed with most of her weight on her left side.

"That was fun, let's do it again." She breathed heavily, thrilled that she did it by herself.

Shade Magus
Apr 22nd, 2004, 07:04:40 PM
Shade walked calmly to the slippery spot, and simply jumped, allowing the Force to enhance his jump and he landed behind Jacali. Unfortunately he caught his foot on some of the slippery dung, and Shade flailed his arms for a moment before getting under control. "Whoa, what a rush."

Leten Snat
Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:41:38 AM
Leten looks at shade.

"I'm sure there are some people that would think that falling 20 floors to your death would be a rush, but those people are not with the living anymore. I'm glad everybody made it over it should be a cleen walk from here."

Leten hurries along the beem and climbs back to the walkway when they reach the other side. When the others get up he says...

"Watch out for glossy discolored spots on the walkways those would be grannet slugs. Is you step in one it will zap your leg and make it numb on you, then it will rip it apart with with it's clear gelly like tendrils. If you feel you foot go squish in one you have a half second before you will be as good as dead.

If you hear a high piched screeching sound get out of there as quickly and as quietly as you can. That would be a Corridor Ghoul they are blind, and hunt through sound and smell. Their Skin is very tough, and they have been known to keep attacking even after they are cut in half."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 24th, 2004, 09:41:23 PM
"Sounds lovely, thanks for the warning. But, if those things atttack me, it'll be in bits."

Shade Magus
Apr 25th, 2004, 02:58:15 PM
Shade nodded in agreement. After what he had been through it wouldbe ashame to die by a ghoul. He Jacali followed Leten over o the walkway and begand climbing up to where the young boy was.

Leten Snat
Apr 26th, 2004, 10:08:46 AM
Leten nods...

"Just don't take the ghouls lightly. Do you two think you will still nead my help? I don't really want to go any deeper into this section. I'd be willing to stick around here and if you need help you could call me telepathically. Would that be okay?"

Yurza Magus
Apr 26th, 2004, 12:46:57 PM
Yurza could feel his brother as he got closer. He turned to the man standing next to him and spoke. "Send out a few men. We don't want them to think they are getting things easy." The man nodded and turned to do his master's bidding.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 26th, 2004, 04:43:25 PM
Jacali looked at Shade. "I think, we'll be alright. Don't you, Shade?" She asked. 'We're pretty close."

Shade Magus
Apr 26th, 2004, 04:55:29 PM
Shade nodded, sensing that presence again. But it couldn't be who he thought it was. Snapping back to reality he turned to Leten and Jacali. "Yes I am sure we'll be fine."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 26th, 2004, 07:09:39 PM
The Padawan looked at Leten. "Thanks, for the help."

Leten Snat
Apr 27th, 2004, 11:35:04 AM
"Okay ... So I'll still hang around this beem, so just call me through the force if you need my help, and don't forget about my warnings. The slugs and ghouls kill hundreds every year. I don't want to see some nice people like the two of you get caught by them."

Leten hops back down onto the beem and hurries off to the other side.

Shade Magus
Apr 28th, 2004, 01:46:21 PM
Shade turns and looks to Jacali. "Well, we're on our own now. Which way do we go?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 28th, 2004, 02:39:57 PM
Jacali reached out and felt for her sister. There. She opened her eyes. "Straight ahead to that mass of grey buildings. Kira is there."

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 12:37:26 PM
Shade nodded and turne to start forward, keeping an eye out for any of those ghouls Leten told them about, or anything else that might be waiting down here.

Yurza Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 04:30:06 PM
Jace was a man working for Yurza to try and support his family. He watched as the kid left the other two alone and they continued towards his employer's main hide-out. Soon they would come to the trip wire that would release the overhead net and then him and the rest could ambush them while they were distracted.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 07:09:06 PM
The Padawan stepped carefully, when suddenly everything went into a blur before her and then focused.

Jacali saw a vision of she and Shade and a trip wire just in front of them.

"Shade..." Her voice whispered as the vision was gone and she stopped suddenly, sighing briefly when she didn't trip it. "Shade, a trip..."

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 07:21:57 PM
Shade turned around from viewing behind them when he heard his name. He was about to ask Jacali what she said when he tripped and almost fell on his face. Luckily he was able to stay up. "What was...." That was as far as he got before a large net fell down on them. It was then he saw a group of people coming out to meet them, and somehow he doubted they wanted to help.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 07:30:15 PM
Her warning was too late as the net came down on them, she fumbled around, but the net seemed to be almost sticky, like a web of some sort. "Ugh...this is disgusting." She said as she tried to get out of it, with no avail.

A few moments later, they were surrounded.

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 07:37:19 PM
Shade began o reach for his lightsaber when a short stocky man leveled a blaster at Jacali. "Hold it right there or yur girlfreind here gets it."

His hand hovered right over his lightsaber hilt as thousands of calculations ran through his head. Was he fast enough to pull his weapon and deflect the man's shot? Probably, but could he take all their shots? It was a long run but he was confident. He almost made is move when he man said something that made Shade stop cold in his tracks. "Hold it there buddy. Mr Yurza would like all his company in one peace."

"Yu...Yurza? What is his last name?" Shade stammered.

"Magus why? You know him?" All Shade could do in answer was stand there gaping.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 07:45:32 PM
The name rang a bell for Jacali, it was Shade's family--his blood. His brother.

Shade had told her this a while back in his quarters and Jacali had never forgotten about it. She was as nearly shocked as he was.

Her hand brushed against her sabre, but she didn't try anything. Jacali would wait.

Yurza Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 07:52:30 PM
Jace was as stunned as the two Jedi. He never thought it would be this easy to take a Jedi let alone two. He quickly regained his composure and turned to the others. "Alright get the stun cuffs on them and be quick about it. I don't want to be around these two any longer than I have to be." He picked up his comlink and commed Yurza.

Back at his hide out he recieved the news with such agusto. He closed the link between him and Jace and turned to see Kira's door open again, but he was in such a good mood that he didn't care. "You better go and put on smething nice. After all we're having guests tonight. Important guests..."

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 07:54:46 PM
Shade didn't say aything as they pulled the web off of Jacali and himself and placed his hands in the stun cuffs He was too stunned. Afterall who woudn't be. Yurza is supposed to be dead.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:07:21 PM
Jacali didn't put up a fight, she allowed them to place the stun cuffs on and looked over at Shade with a look of concern.

She had a deep feeling her sister fit into this somewhere, but she wasn't quite sure where.

One of the guys roughly got her off the ground and gave her a shove forward. "Hey..." She growled as she nearly lost her balance.

The comeback she got was a whack on the side of the head. "Shut up!" the guy said as he shoved her forward again.

Jacali was still recovering from the whack that the shove made her lose her balance completely this time and she fell to her knees, which wasn't good.

Pain shot up through her braced right leg like fire. "Ugh..." She bit her lip to keep from crying out.

"Get up, wench!" the guy yelled and grabbed the back of Jacali's hair.

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:14:01 PM
Jacali's cry of pain brought Shade back to reality. He looked over and gave the guy standing over her a violent Force push. When the others tried rushing him, Shade leapt into the air spinning. His outstretched leg catching two more. When he landed he had five blasters trained on him at point blank range.

Yurza Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:15:49 PM
"How about you stop right there! Or else you turn into swiss cheese!" Jace shouted. "It isn't that much farther and you'll do good to behave. He pushed Shade back in the direction they wanted to go with the business end of his blaster.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:23:39 PM
Through grit teeth, Jacali forced herself to walk, her limp was bad though.

A tear rolled down her cheek as her leg spasmed with pain, but she didn't flinch, she wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:26:55 PM
Shade could feel Jacali's pain through the Force and sent a wave of assurance and strength to help her out. He turned to the guy who seemed to be in charge. "What does Yurza want with us?"

Yurza Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:29:54 PM
Jace sneered. "I don't know who you are, but I think we were sent here for her." He pointed at Jacali. "You see we got this girl that looks like her and Yurza thinks she is Force sensitive and sent a message out to this one. You're just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Yurza doesn't have much need for men, but women he can use."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:41:22 PM
Jacali looked up at the man and asked throught clenched teeth. "What do you mean, by women he can use?"

Yurza Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:43:39 PM
Jace chuckled. "Well my lovely I mean he cane use the women to bring in his men clients and thus bring in the credits, if you get my drift."

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:45:37 PM
Shade caught it alright. He nearly physically reeled back from the sound of it too. "He's a pimp!? I knew he was evil, but I never imagined..."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:47:53 PM
"...I'd never." She told him in the calmest tone she could fathom, through her pain. "I'd rather rot."

Yurza Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:52:55 PM
"I'm afraid you don't get that choice." A new voice that was close said. A voice that Shade recognized instantly. Yurza stepped from the shadows and looked at his brother. "Hello Shade. Who have you brought along with you? My you do look just like Kira. You must be related. My name is Yurza Magus. Please to meet you." He said as he turned to face Jacali.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:56:31 PM
Jacali stared at the man, Yurza...Shade's brother.

"You better not have harmed her." She told him with a bite to her tone. "Where is she?"

Yurza Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:03:33 PM
Yurza smiled at the woman's attitude. "A fiesty one, eh? You'll definitely bring in the costumers." As Yurza finished speaking he saw Shade jumped at him. He moved easily enough and chopped Shade on the back of the neck, knocking his brother out. "Hmm...not like Shade to attack like that, but I have seen it twice concerning you. The only other time I have seen him do that is attacking to protect his lost love's honor...ahh...he has feelings for you. That must be it. That will make this all the sweeter."

He motioned towards the stun cuffs on bother their hands and they fell. "You have no need for those. You are guestsin my house for dinner tonight. And do not worry about your precious Kira, she is alive and well."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:17:20 PM
Jacali gasped as Shade fell. Leaving her alone with his evil brother. Her sabre still hung at her belt.

The comment of Shade having feelings for her was no surprise, she had felt the bond between them grow, but had kept quiet about it since her fallout with Kelt so many months ago.

Her bonds dropped with a clang to the floor and Jacali rubbed her wrists. The Padawan reached within herself and calmed her emotions. "I wish to see her. Prove it to me, if I'm a guest surely you can grant me this one request."

Yurza Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:23:48 PM
Yurza nodded and waved his hand. The doors behind opened. "Follow me." He nodded to his brother and Shade rose off the ground, his limp body following them down the corridor until they came to a huge banquet hall. He placed Shade in a chair and then motioned to a gaurd, who opened a door beside him and Kira walked out. "You see thi is nothing but one big family reunion."

Yurza Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:25:09 PM
ignore this. sowwie!

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:37:50 PM
Jacali did a double take as she saw her older sister. "Kira!" She cried and went to her. Kira's pregnancy concerned her, especially being down here.

"Jacali!" Kira said. "You shouldn't have come."

"I had too." She told her quietly. "I couldn't leave you down here and I'm going to get you and your baby out of here. I promise."

"Jacali, you need to leave. Get yourelf out, I'm alright."

"I know you're not." She said as she gave her sister a hug.

Yurza Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:42:29 PM
Yurza shuddered at the sight of the two sisters. He hated mushiness. He looked over at his own brother and noticed Shade was beginning to come around. "Ahh now it looks like we can all enjoy ourselves. Oh and I wouldn't think of trying to leave if I were you. I know how had it is to get back up there from here without the right connections, and with a pregnant woman! Ha! You'd have a better chance beating me in a deul."

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:49:06 PM
Shade ran his hand over his neck. "Ugh...where am I?" Then the image of his brother cam eback to him and he shot out of his chair to fast and his vision began blurring as vertigo took over. "Jacali?! Are you there? Yurza I swear if you've hurt her..."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:49:07 AM
Jacali heard Shade. "I'm alright, Shade." She told him quickly, she wasn't sure if she could get back to him with all the guards.

With shielded thought, she spoke to the Jedi Knight. Are you alright? I've got my sister, but...she's rather pregnant and getting her out of here is going to be a challenge.

Shade Magus
Apr 30th, 2004, 12:36:30 PM
Shade calmed don as he reviecd the message from Jacali and his vision came back into focus. He looked around and saw Jacali and her sister and then his eyes settled on Yurza. "What do you want from us?"

Yurza Magus
Apr 30th, 2004, 12:38:31 PM
"Just dinner and a holo-vid," Yurza said sarcastically. "And then you and I will finish what we started a long time ago dear brother. Then these two will be put to work."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 1st, 2004, 11:35:11 AM
Being put to work, didn't sound like something Jacali truly wanted to do, especially whatever this Yurza was intending on. You've got another think coming, bud. If you think, I'm going to do anything of the sort for you. Came Jacali's utterly calm and collected thought, zeroing it straight to Yurza.

Yurza Magus
May 1st, 2004, 01:36:04 PM
Yurza looked towards Jacali. He couldn't make out her exact thoughts, but he could feel the resentment she felt for him. He shrugged it off and waved his hand at the empty seats. "Please sit. Food will be ready shortly. Until then, how abot a glass of wine for the ladies?"

Shade Magus
May 1st, 2004, 03:53:53 PM
Shade shook his head as he looked at Yurza. "You never did learn did you? Fighting doesn't solve anything, but let the girls go and I'll let you finish what you started."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 1st, 2004, 04:02:39 PM
Kira looked down and whispered. "We need to do as he says, Jacali."

The Padawan stared at her sister. "No, we don't. You are being held here against your will, Kira. He's evil, don't let his evilness persaude you. You deserve so much better, let us help you, Kira. Please."

Kira looked at Yurza. "Master, please let my sister and your brother go, I will stay as you wish. I will do as you command."

Jacali couldn't believe what she was hearing and took a hold of her sister. This was not the sister she had known. "Kira, he has a hold of you! Your mind, he has brainwashed you! You don't belong down here!"

Yurza Magus
May 1st, 2004, 04:05:39 PM
Yurza waved his hand ans a slight Force wave seperated Jacali and Kira. "Actually she does. And you'll soon come to see that you do as well." He looked Jacali up and down for the first real time and nodded. "The brace will have to go, but other than that, you will do perfect."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 1st, 2004, 04:11:29 PM
"I don't think so, Yurza. You'll never control me. I will fight you to my death, but you'll never control me." Jacali was not afraid as she said these things.

Yurza Magus
May 1st, 2004, 04:15:58 PM
"Believe what you will. Now how about that dinner?" He said as his servants, which happned to be females of various hunamoid races barely clothed, brought out the food. "Please enjoy. My finest chiefs have prepared this meal for you."

Shade Magus
May 1st, 2004, 04:18:21 PM
"What about my offer Yurza? Take it or leave it. You have tormented me for the last year with your death, but to see you alive and well does my heart no good if you are like this. This is your last chance."

Yurza Magus
May 1st, 2004, 04:25:24 PM
"Hmm...I think not. I rather like my newest addition, and I'm not about to give up my best investment."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 1st, 2004, 04:33:30 PM
"Come sit, Jacali. Please." Kira begged.

The Padawan knew Yurza was referring to her as his 'new' investment. "One who tries to tame wild horses often gets kicked in the royal jewels and I am no different." She said boldly as she took in a deep breath and took a seat with Kira, to keep from upsetting her sister any further, in her condition.

Jacali felt for all these young females who were barely dressed waiting on this man.

She looked over at Shade. Any suggestions? I'll go along until we figure something out. He has a mental hold on my sister, I can feel it.

Shade Magus
May 1st, 2004, 04:36:48 PM
Shade shook his head. He didn't have anything yet, but he could stall for time, playing on Yurza's emotions. "So you'd rather be pampered than fight like a true warrior? I'm sure your master would be proud. Who is he again? Miryan no Trunks?"

Yurza Magus
May 1st, 2004, 04:43:39 PM
Yurza stopped the cup almost touching his lips. Those words had hit home. "What would you know of being a warrior? You ran from a man you left for dead for the past year! How dare you try and compare me to your ideas of what a warrior is. And my master is no longer Miryan, but Dalethria Mal Pannis. Prehaps you've heard of her? I know that she and a Knigt of you Order have a very specific history."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 1st, 2004, 04:50:24 PM
Jacali reached into the Force, the connection Yurza had on Kira could be broken if he was busy talking with Shade.

She had to talk to her sister who was truly there, but seemed blinded by whatever hold Yurza had on her.

Kira, hear me. I know you're there. Just listen to my words, you can live life free, you don't have to be here. Think of your child within you, set yourself free!

Kira had a blank look on her face and she shook her head. She looked over to Jacali as if seeing her for the first time. Jacali... She whispered.

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 02:04:36 AM
Shade knew the name. He had spoken to Navaria about her before. Prehaps after they made it out of here, he would have to talk with her about the subject more closely. Until then he had to stall for time, and Yurza gave him the feul. His brother was proud and very loyal to those he claimed allegiance with. "From what I have heard the original is better in all aspects. Dalethria is nothing compared to Navaria. That I can assure you."

Yurza Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 02:08:57 AM
Yurza nearly jumped out of his seat, but he maintained a false mask of coolness about him. "You are sorely mistaken brother ad you'll soon see the errors of your ways."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 04:41:21 AM
My dear, sweet sister, we have to get out of here. Do you know the way? Jacali asked and kept an eye on what was going on, so far so good.

Yes, I know these streets and I know this building. Jacali, you should have never come here, it's much too dangerous!

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 04:50:01 AM
Shade shook his head. "To blinded by your own pride to see what is happeneing." He shot a sense of curiousity at Jacali through the Force. He need to know how much longer they needed.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 05:26:05 AM
She knows the way, Shade. Let's get out of here. Jacali shot the message to Shade and was ready on his lead.

We're going to get you out of here, Kira. Just stay with us.

Kira nodded and carefully grabbed her butter knife and placed it in the folds of her skirt.

Yurza Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 05:29:20 AM
"I know exactly what is happening. The beginning of the end of the Jedi and the Second age of the Sith. You and I are but pawns in the grand scheme of things.

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 05:33:35 AM
Shade reached out with the Force and felt for his lightsaber. He had constructed it a long time ago and keeping it hidden would not keep it away from him. He smiled as he touched it with the Force. "Think what you will brother..."

He called his lightsaber to his outstretched hand, igniting it midway through the air. The green blade flashed as the females around the table screamed and tried to run. Yurza jumped out of the seat and began to reach for his own lightsaber, but found it wasn't there. He had taken it off, confident in his abilities that he didn't need it.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 05:43:53 AM
Jacali was up in a flash, her lightsabre had been taken as well, but in all the commotions, she sensed it and called to it.

It only took a second and it was lit and in her hand. "Which way, Kira?" She asked quickly as Yurza's henchmen started to come in with an array of blaster weapons.

"Stay behind me, Sis!" She ordered.

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 05:50:40 AM
Shade's green blade was a blur as it flashed from side to side, deflecting blaster bolts and cutting other's in half. Hiseyes never left Yurza's. Only then did he notice then that he and Yurza really did have so much in common. Both were natural fighters, intelligent, and neither of them paniced in the face of danger, but rather embraced it. His green blade's glow came back across his face as he spun it to knock yet another bolt away. He yelled over his shoulder to Jacali. "Hurry up and get your sister out of here. I'll hold them back for you."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 06:07:12 AM
Jacali repelled all the blaster bolts that were a threat to she and Kira with percision cuts and swings. Guards were going down as she and Kira finally got to the door.

"Which way?!" She yelled as more guards started firing at them in the corridor.

"This way!" Kira called to her from behind.

With one last block andrepel, another guard hit the ground. Jacali grabbed her sister's arm and headed down the corridor.

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 06:16:20 AM
Shade chanced a glimpse towards Jacali and Kira. Seeing they were both gone, he was now free to fight his style. Shade closed his eyes, and when he opened them, he was in the air twisting as he lashed out at different gaurds, slicing their blasters, or on some of the unfortuante ones, their hands. A few fired bolts at him as he jumped around, spinning in the air. Those he deflected with ease. These weren't highly trained soldiers, just people trying to make some quick cash.

Finally the last of them fell and Shade landed in front of his brother and made a motion as if to impale himself, but his lightsaber deactivated and it hung at his side. He raised his hand and used the Force to close the door Jacali and Kira went out. The halls resounded with a loud slam as the metal door swung shut. He looked at his brother's eyes and could feel the cold hatred flowing off him, but it didn't matter. The important thing was that Jacali and her sister had gotten out. He was confident that the young Padawan could take care of anything outside the walls of this confine, and judging from the number of unconcious gaurds, he doubted there were more than a handful of them left.

"Only me and you now Yurza. Your move," the Jedi spoke calmy.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 06:30:12 AM
Jacali and Kira made it down another corridor and around a corner and were suddenly stopped by an ontourage of barely dressed females.

"Take us with you! You're Jedi, please!" They all said. "We can't leave this place on our own!"

Kira looked at Jacali. "They are right, Jac. We are stuck here...with these." She pointed down to her foot and around her ankle was some kind of electronic ring.

"What is that?"

"It's some kind of tracking remote, we all have them and it has to come off, Jacali or he'll be able to find us!"

Jacali looked at all the women's ankles, they all had one. "Oh, sheez! Let's get you to safety first and then I'll release you from your bonds. Let's go!" Jacali called and led the women down the corridor.

It wasn't long before, they were stopped at a closed door. Kira tried the code, but it didn't open. "Stand back, I can take care of this." Jacali said as she got in front of the door and buried her sabre up to the hilt and began to cut a hole into it.

Yurza Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 06:41:06 AM
Yurza scowled at his brother. "Do you really think am such a fool. I know what you are thinking. You think that if you stall me long enough, the women will get away? Think again, no matter where they go, I will find them. You are merely an obstacle in the way. You are nothing to me. You ar..." Yurza's eyes went blank for a moment and then he sneered at Shade. "You are lucky. You will be spared for now." He threw his hand up and Force pushed Shade back into a wall knocking him out temporarily. When he came two, Yurza was no where to be seen.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 06:53:28 AM
Feverishly, Jacali worked and was finally able to cut an opening. She then kicked it and it fell through to the other side with a loud 'thud'. "Go, go!!" She told the women as they all hurried through the opening.

Jacali could feel danger approaching from the way they had just been down. "Hurry, he's coming." She told them, Kira was the last to go through.

"I can't leave you here to face him alone!" She cried.

"I'll be alright, go, Kira. Get out of here!" Jacali demanded. "I'll stall him, just get away! Go now!"

"But..."

"GO!"

Tears fell from Kira's eyes as she stepped through the opening and followed the rest of the group of women.

Jacali closed her eyes and fell into the vastness of the Force. She meditated for strength and tried to locate Shade. He was still alive, but where he was she couldn't exactly tell.

Jacali waited calmly at the opening of the newly cut doorway, Yurza was coming.

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 06:57:39 AM
Shade pushed the doors opening them barely enough to squeeze through. Warm blood ran down the side of his head. He had knocked it prety good when Yurza had thown im unexpectedly, but where had he gone? To stop the girls from escaping of course. The thought sounded more sarcastic than anything he had ever said, but it was the only thing Shade could think of as he walked through the halls trying to get a feel for which way everyone had gone until he heard female voices and headed towards them.

Yurza Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 06:59:39 AM
Yurza came down from a hole in the ceiling, landing in front of Jacali. "How thoughtful of you. You rounded up all my lost sheep. I have a specil treat for you when we get back to your knew home."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 07:06:27 AM
Jacali didn't beckon, not even an ounce. She stood her ground, as if a durasteel wall.

"You're not getting them back, Yurza. I won't let you have them." She told him with strength in her voice. "You'll never have me either."

Jacali flicked on her sabre and stood in a defensive position. She was ready.

Yurza Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 07:10:05 AM
"And who's going to stop me? You? Or maybe your knock out boyfreind back there. Face it you are out of your league here. I don't need to fight you to win. Take then now or take them later, either way they'll come back. They always do."[/i]

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 07:17:38 AM
"Not this time, Yurza. They will find freedom from you, before you made them think that women were inferior. That was before I came to town. They know now that they don't have to be weak, they've seen the strength in me now. So, you face it, Yurza! You're the one who lost this round!"

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 07:22:51 AM
"She's right Yurza. This time you have lost, more than you'll ever know. Last time we fought I nearly went insane thinking I had lost a brother. If we fight again, those feelings won't haunt me again," Shade said behind his brother. He was leaning against a wall for support. "This time I'll make sure none drives themselves towards madness for you."

The Jedi Knight walked around his brother and stood beside Jacali. He looked at Yurza through blurred vision as the gash across his head continued to pour blood down the eft side of his face. "As I said before, the next move is yours. What will it be?"

Yurza Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 07:30:47 AM
"I expect you'll be wanting to join you on this crusade of your's and become a Jedi next. Is that it?"

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 07:47:38 AM
Jacali stood beside Shade, ready for an attack. But, also concerned deeply with his head wound. She could tell he wasn't quite up to par and the damage had done it's deed.

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 07:50:06 AM
"If that is your choice. I would be more than happy to accept your as an ally than an enemy. We are brothers, and I do not wish our bloodline to end with us, but I will not let you harm anyone here either."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 03:57:02 PM
Jacali stared at Yurza awaiting an answer.

Yurza Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 04:14:17 PM
Yurza scowled. He knew when he was outmatched. "Fine leave, but I will not come with you. I know when to stop fighting to live another day." He took another step towads the pair of Jedi. "But mark my words, you have not seen the last of me."

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 04:50:21 PM
Shade shook hs head. "I am sorry to hear that Yurza. I had hope that you would finally re-join us, but I guess that hope in vain."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 04:58:13 PM
Jacali's eye narrowed and she kept her guard up, there was no way she was going to allow this guy to get to her. No way!

She kept her sabre lit and in front of her, if he tried anything.

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 05:02:26 PM
Shade reached out and put his hand over Jacali's, lowering her weapon. "It's ok. He want fight us now. We have what he want's and he doesn't want to loose the chance of trying to reclaim what he has lost. Isn't that right brother?"

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 08:11:35 PM
Jacali listened carefully and flicked off her sabre, but kept it right there, just in case.

Yurza Magus
May 3rd, 2004, 06:11:40 PM
Yurza scowled. His brother was right, and he knew it. "Fine leave, but you will see me again sooner than you think or hope. That much I promise you."

He turned on his heel walking away. He still had one more trick up his sleeve, but it would have to wait until they were outside. He didn''t want to risk damage to his home afterall.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 4th, 2004, 07:38:31 AM
Jacali watched Yurza leave and blew out a sigh of relief as she looked at Shade. He was bleeding still as she took a clean piece of her tunic and ripped it off. She gently touched his forehead with it. "Are you alright?" She asked.

Shade Magus
May 4th, 2004, 07:41:46 AM
Shade watched his brother go before letting his breath out. He wasn't aware that he had been holding it. He looked at Jacali. "I'll be fine. How about everyone else? Are they ok?"

imported_Jacali Danner
May 4th, 2004, 08:13:56 AM
"Kira was going to get them out and I assume hide for a bit until we get out. So, we'd better get going." She said as she turned and proceeded through the hole in the doorway.

Shade Magus
May 4th, 2004, 04:53:04 PM
Shade glanced back once more to try and catch a glimpse of Yuza, but he was gone. He turned back and followed Jacali.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 4th, 2004, 07:33:24 PM
The Padawan made her way down the corridor and around the corner where there was an exit. She hustled as quickly as she could and was more than glad to make it out those doors.

Shade Magus
May 4th, 2004, 07:36:12 PM
Shade breathed a sigh of relief when they were out of the hideout. Maybe the air wasn't better, but it was still good to know that they were free. He stumbled over to a wall and leaned against it for support. Since Yurza had thrown him against the wall, he had been drawing on strength from the Force to stay concious. Looks like it was finally starting to take its toll on him.

Yurza Magus
May 4th, 2004, 07:43:34 PM
Yurza watched from a little camera that was mounted right over the entrance the had came out of. He smiled. He knew his brother was weak and now was the perfect time to strike him down. He pushed a small button that released two small insects. They were mutated spiders. Their venom would kill without a doubt, but it was a very slow and painful process. This would be the price Shade paid for humiliating him.

The Spiders were quick. They were at Shade's feet before long, and crawling up his leg. He watched Shade try and absentmindedly brush his arm as they ran up it. They stopped just short of the scar on his left arm that Yurza had given him. He watched as Sade jumped with surprised as one of them bite him, injecting its venom into his blood stream.

Shade Magus
May 4th, 2004, 07:51:17 PM
Shade jumped as he felt a prick on his arm. He looked down and almost smiled. It was only a spider. He slapped his arm and brushed off the remains. After all that had happened today he jumped because of aspider. What irony.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 4th, 2004, 08:31:58 PM
Jacali leaned against the wall near Shade, she breathed a sigh of relief as she saw Shade somewhat jump. "What's wrong?" She asked as she looked up at the wound on his forehead. "You need to have that looked at when we get back...you look a bit pale."

Shade Magus
May 4th, 2004, 08:35:13 PM
"I'll be ok. It is only a little bit of blood." He pushed off the wall. "Now let's get these girls out of here before something else happens."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 4th, 2004, 08:57:23 PM
"Good idea." She smiled, but stopped. "I still feel...like something is wrong."

Jacali looked back at the door and saw no one. She shook the feeling away and called out mentally to her sister. It wasn't long before they had the girls and were heading back towards the way they had come. Jacali stopped, "looks like we'll have to take the long way around, Shade."

Shade Magus
May 5th, 2004, 05:22:55 AM
Shade grunted an affirmative response while nodding. Some of the sweatand blood flew off his head and hit the floor when he shook his head, revealing a pale colored skin. This was beginning to be too much even for a saiya-jin. "Whatever as long as we can get out of here."

Leten Snat
May 5th, 2004, 12:46:56 PM
As the others got closer to where the walkway is Leten hops up off the beem.

"Hello! I'm glad to see the two of you have not been eaten yet."

Leten looks at the other in the group...

"Sooo... Whats with the other girls?"

imported_Jacali Danner
May 5th, 2004, 02:14:41 PM
Jacali spoke up. "They were being held against their will, we're taking them back up topside. My sister is pregnant and the others, I'm not sure will be able to cross the beam. So, if you would be so kind as to show us the other way around, it would be very much appreciated, Leten."

Leten Snat
May 5th, 2004, 02:37:18 PM
Leten Smiles...

"I had a feeling that you would be comming back this way, and would likely have troubles, so I've been working on the beem a little. Come and take a look if you want."

Leten motions towards the beem.

When the look at the beem they can see that leten has widend the walking space with some old sheets from broken walkways, and has attached them to the beem with cable that he found. It looks like the plating goes all the way across...

"It's still alittle loose on the far side, but the slippery portion is covered and you have more spave to walk on now. So do you still want to go the long way? cause I can show you if you would still rather that."

Shade Magus
May 5th, 2004, 07:56:55 PM
Shade shook his head, drawing breaths quickly. "No. If there is a quick way out I want to get these girls out as fast as possible."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 5th, 2004, 08:00:05 PM
"Yeah," Jacali agreed. "We've gotten what we came for, let's get them outta here." She motioned for the small band of females to go across, she stayed back with Leten and Shade.

"Go! Hurry!" She told them as they made their way across.

Leten Snat
May 5th, 2004, 11:38:40 PM
Leten calls after the band of Girls...

"Becarful at the other end!! It's not straped down yet!!"

Leten then looks at the other two as he hears the screech of Corridor Ghouls heading this way...

"It look like the noise of your little gang has caught the attention of some of the locals. I'll get them off your trail, just you two better get going."

Leten pulls his lightsaber from his belt and goes to run off into the darkness towards he screeches.

Shade Magus
May 8th, 2004, 04:26:11 PM
Shade was about to step forward to go help Leten, when he dropped to his knee, suddenly weak.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 8th, 2004, 06:48:13 PM
Jacali had been watching the females cross and turned back just in time to see Shade fall.

"Shade, what's wrong?" She asked quickly as she went to him.

Shade Magus
May 8th, 2004, 06:58:05 PM
"I don't know. I'm just feeling weak all of a sudden."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 8th, 2004, 07:06:29 PM
"Could be from the loss of blood. Let me help you." She offered as she helped him stand. She gave him her full support or at least much as she could possibly give.

Shade Magus
May 8th, 2004, 07:14:32 PM
Shade leaned on Jacali. "Yeah I think so..."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 8th, 2004, 08:46:42 PM
"Do you think you can make it across, it's going to be tricky." She pointed out to him.

Shade Magus
May 8th, 2004, 08:49:51 PM
Shade was drawing as much strength from the Force as he could, but he wasn't going to let any of the girls down. He was basically moving on sheer willpower now. He shook his head unsteadily. "Y...yes...I believe I...can..."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 8th, 2004, 09:00:09 PM
Jacali closed her eyes and sent as much of her strength as she could to him to help. Something was direly wrong, she could feel it, but couldn't figure out what.

"It's not far, Shade, we can do this. Together."

Shade Magus
May 8th, 2004, 09:05:30 PM
Shade nodded and took a step forward, trying to use his own strength as much as possible. He moved forward, stepping slowly, supported by Jacali. Eventually they made in across the beam and Shade sighed with relief. He could feel his energy being zapped, but it couldn't be by this little blood loss, but what? He couldn't think about it now, there was still the girls he had to think about.

The Jedi pushed himself to his feet and staggered for a moment, before steadying himself. "We've got to get them out of here."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 8th, 2004, 09:18:28 PM
One of the other females saw Jacali struggling and hurried over to help. "What's wrong with him?" She asked as she put a supportive arm around him.

"I'm not sure, let's just get him and all of you topside." Jacali answered as they nearly had to support Shade completely. He didn't look good at all.

Shade Magus
May 8th, 2004, 09:23:12 PM
"We're not far now. I remember this place. We parked your speeder not to far from here. It's only just up....ugh" He had started over for the ledge when he dropped, unconsious. He could now feel his blood screaming from the poisin, but he couldn't tell anyone. The pain was escruciating, but what could he do? He couldn't even scream for relief. The only thing he knew was a black void.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 8th, 2004, 09:55:36 PM
"Shade!" She shouted as he lost consciousness. "Oh, sith spit..."

The other girl helped get him down to the ground.

Jacali knelt down by him. "Shade, Shade can you hear me?" She placed a hand over his forehead and used the Force to see if she could tell what was wrong. Nothing came to her.

"We've got to get him to a medical center and soon." Jacali said.

"We can help," one of the other girls said as she came over to them. "We can make a stretcher out of your robes and carry him the rest of the way."

"Good idea." Jacali said as she stood and slipped off her robe, they carefully got Shade's off him.

Laying them both on top of one another for added strength, the group carefully lifted the fallen Jedi onto their stretcher and hoisted him up. With three on each side and Jacali in the front and one in the back they made way for the lifts. They got several stares and a few nasty invitations, but eventually they made it back to Jacali's speeder.

Shade Magus
May 8th, 2004, 10:05:09 PM
Shade was shifting between consiousness and darkness. He could barely make out Jacali's speeder as the green color came into view and then back to eternal blackness.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 8th, 2004, 10:17:42 PM
They carefully placed Shade into the back seat. Jacali looked at the group. "I can't take all of you, not with Shade down..."

The female that had first helped Jacali came up to her. "You take him and take Kira, we'll find our way to the top. You've done more than enough already, young Jedi. We will alway be indebted to you. Now, hurry."

Jacali stood there and looked at them. "May the Force be with you, all of you."

Kira cried some tears and gave all her friends a hug, before she climbed into the speeder.

"Thank you all." Jacali said as she got into her speeder and started her up. She gunned it into action and sped like a whirlwind to get Shade medical attention.

It didn't take her long to get back to the Coruscant Med center, behind the Jedi Temple.

She ran in. "I need help out here, we've got a Jedi down! He's in the back of my speeder!"

A group of medical staff headed her way and soon had the Jedi on an air gurney and being brought in. Jacali and Kira closely in tow.

Shade Magus
May 8th, 2004, 10:27:06 PM
Where am I? What's happening? Why am I in such pain? These thoughts ran through his head as heswan in the ocean of darkness that surrounded him. There was a flash of light and he saw Jacali andKira standing above him with others standing around him. Angels? No that can't be right...the pain would be here if I were dead..unless I went to...NO! You're not dead Shade. Not yet atleast.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 9th, 2004, 06:36:18 AM
Jacali saw Hayden coming quickly towards them. "What's going on?"

"We're not exactly sure, Doctor." One of the nurses said.

"Jacali?" Hayden asked.

"I don't know, Hayden. Besides, he had that head wound."

"This is something else, he's feverish." Hayden said. "Let's get him to a scanner and I want a blood scan as well."

The staff rushed Shade away through some door and stopped Jacali as she wanted to follow. "But, he's my friend."

"I'm sorry, there is some data we need to collect." The nurse advised and pointed towards the front desk.

Jacali nodded and ran a hand through her hair. She filled out the necessary information and then commed her master.

"Master, this is Jacali. We're in the Med center. I'm fine, but there's something wrong with Shade."

Dasquian Belargic
May 9th, 2004, 06:47:07 AM
"Master, this is Jacali. We're in the Med center. I'm fine, but there's something wrong with Shade."

Dasquian sighed quietly. It seemed a day couldn’t go by without someone being brought into the med bay, he thought to himself as he rose from his reading to head towards the medical wing. Cuts and bruises, bites and infections- Jedi had a habit of getting themselves into all sorts of nastiness. The infirmary was one of the busiest places in the whole of the Temple grounds. Those who worked their, the medics, would have been lucky to get a minutes peace. As the Knight entered the reception area of the bay, he saw Jacali sitting, waiting.

“What’s happened?”

imported_Jacali Danner
May 9th, 2004, 06:57:13 AM
"Well, we got my sister, but also we ran into this guy who ended up being Shade's brother and he wanted to kill him and make me one of his servant girls and it wasn't to serve tea, if you get what I mean. But, he slammed Shade against the wall and knocked him out, causing a nasty gash on his forehead. So, as we were escaping, I figured the weakness he was feeling was from loss of blood, but I don't know now. He was feverish and I don't think that come from a head injury." Jacali sighed. "And I've not heard anything yet."

Dasquian Belargic
May 9th, 2004, 07:00:19 AM
“I see,” Dasquian frowned slightly. “It’s possible that with a large open wound his blood could have become contaminated by some outside taint or toxin,” he mused aloud, looking off towards the door beyond which Shade was being tended to. “I imagine the tests the doctors are running will reveal the cause behind his fever in no time. The data banks are extensive and regularly updated – whatever it is that is ailing him, they will know.”

imported_Jacali Danner
May 9th, 2004, 07:15:19 AM
It wasn't long before Jacali saw Hayden come out and she stood. "Hayden, what's going on?"

"Well, there is a toxin in his system. Apparently, he was bitten by a spider, we've found the place it did the deed and have called Toxicology. They are doing their own scans on the blood scans we've sent them and hopefully will send us an antidote as soon as possible."

Jacali sighed and nodded. "Let's hope it's sooner than later." She blew out a breath as the doctor left. "Man, if anything happens to him, it'll be my fault. I asked him to go with me."

Dasquian Belargic
May 9th, 2004, 07:22:11 AM
Dasquian nodded at the doctor spoke, then looked down at Jacali. “Don’t blame yourself. Shade understands as well as any of us that the Jedi life can often be a dangerous one. Regardless, there is little cause to worry. As the good Doctor says, an antidote is no doubt being concocted as we speak.”

imported_Jacali Danner
May 9th, 2004, 07:28:48 AM
"Yeah, I suppose you're right,." She nodded as a very pregnant female that looked almost identical to Jacali walked in. "I got you some coffee, Jacali." She smiled. "How is Shade and..." Kira noticed Dasquian. "Who's your friend?"

Jacali took the coffee. "Thanks, Kira. This is my Master. Dasquian Belargic, Dasquian this is my sister, Kira."

"One of the one's they saved." Kira piped in happily. "Or maybe I should say two."

Dasquian Belargic
May 9th, 2004, 07:38:50 AM
The Jedi Knight’s face brightened somewhat, as he smiled in greeting to Jacali’s sister. “Hello, Kira. It’s a pleasure to meet you,” he said, bowing his head slightly as a mark of respect. There was a keen similarity between the two sisters. From what Dasquian could see and sense, it appeared that the older of the two was expecting a young one.

“I see the Danner family will be welcoming a new arrival soon,” he said, with a light chuckle.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 9th, 2004, 09:09:50 AM
Jacali put an arm around her sister. "Yeah, I'm going to be an aunt and I'm just very happy to have her back."

Jacali looked back at doors that Hayden had disappeared behind and hoped to see Shade soon as well.

Shade Magus
May 9th, 2004, 01:27:25 PM
After a few hours, the doctors came out and told them that Shade would be alright and it was fine if they wanted to see them. A nurse advised them that they might want to be quiet because he had a bad headache from the bump to his head.

Inisde the room, Shade was reaching out with the Force. He was letting it wash over him and rjuvenate his body. When he had come to little over thirty minutes ago, he had been told that he was bitten by a very rare species of spider. Luckily though it hadn't been rare enough not to have an antidote. Now that he was awake though, he could reach out his Force awareness and draw its strength to help in the healing process. He reached out into the other room and could feel Jacali and her sister and someone else. Dasquian? It would make sense he was Jacali Master.

Keira Sparrow
May 9th, 2004, 09:17:40 PM
Keira Sparrow was an avid computer hacker. With short blonde hair and bright eyes, she had a sassy look about her, showing that she had a determined manner in anything that she put her mind to.

Presently she was in an abandoned warehouse in lower Coruscant, and the only nearby lights was of her Holonet screen and a small blue neon light, casting strange shadows across her face in abstract patterns.

She was typing a million words per minute and clicking on various windows when suddenly a message popped up. A small, alert beeping was heard from a small speaker of her holonet connection on the computer terminal.

"Damn!" She cursed, seeing the code that one of the Coruscant Police had locked onto her connection.

She tried to redirect the signal to another computer of a nearby hacker whom she was enemies with, but the signal was locked and an image came up showing that they were loading her location and each second gave them more information as to her whereabouts.

She unplugged her holonet connection and threw the tiny chip across the room. It hit the wall and bounced off, cracking slightly. The damage did no harm to it however.

Keira disconnected her Computer terminal from the small outlet and jammed it into a small shoulder bag along with some other small gadgets and hardware that she needed.

She wouldn't be getting payed that big paycheck she had been hoping for. She tried not to think of this as she slung the bag over her shoulder. If she didn't move quickly, she would have a hell of a lot more to deal with. Behind bars.

She ran across the room, her light footsteps echoing quietly on the duracrete floors. As she ran down the metallic steps, they clicked quietly and she jumped down the last few steps.

She knew that the Coruscant Police would probably be watching for any speeders or means of mechanical transportation to leave the building, so she decided to leave the old speeder that she had found, under it's dusty and holy cover.

She crept quietly out of the building, her heart pounding in her chest and ears. She thought that if they didn't see her, they would probably hear her because it was pounding so loud.

She hurried along the darkened streets where sparks showered from a recently burnt out street sign above.

She avoided them and kept on going. She saw flashing lights overhead go towards her location and she almost held her breath, even as she started to mingle with a small crowd below them. They passed over her and headed towards the warehouse.

Whew... she was safe. For now. She knew that they might do a recon search of the surrounding areas and she wanted to be as far away from that warehouse as possible.

She began heading along the streets towards the slightly better lighted areas, passing nearby the apartments and locations of other beings she sensed.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 10th, 2004, 10:51:27 AM
Jacali was more than glad to be able to go in. She smiled and touched his hand gently. "Hey," Jacali whispered. "It's good to see you awake, my friend."

Keira Sparrow
May 10th, 2004, 01:12:03 PM
Keira continued on, keeping her shoulder bag clutched closely to herself as she flicked her head back, getting the stray long blonde bangs out of her eyes as she tried to concentrate. Where could she go now for a new safe haven...?

She knew of one place, but that was up in the middle/higher levels of Coruscant and would probably take a day or so, and she wasn't sure she wanted to climb a few hundred ladders up there, since she knew some of the turbolifts were out of commission.

She knew she needed to find someone who knew their way around her... and her senses told her that she would find that person nearby... somehow.

Shade Magus
May 10th, 2004, 05:33:39 PM
Shade smiled weakly. "Yes It is good to be up." His face grew more serious as recent memories rushed to him. "What about the girls? Are they ok?"

imported_Jacali Danner
May 10th, 2004, 08:54:23 PM
Jacali nodded. "Yes, they are fine. I received a comm message, they made it topside an hour or so ago and were going to a shelter, I told them I would be there to help in a day or so. Our job is done, Shade. We finished what we set out to do. My sister and all those women are safe, they have a chance for a new life now."

Keira Sparrow
May 10th, 2004, 09:22:14 PM
Keira continued on, hearing strange whispers and screams. She thought she had grown used to the strange night sounds of lower Coruscant, but she supposed she never would really... Maybe it was because of her past.

When she was two, she had been orphaned by her parents. They had tried to protect her for they were being hunted from a terrible and infamous bounty hunter. Her mother, mortally wounded had taken her to a bar whose owner was a large male Besalisk named Yarin. She hadn't known him personally, but she knew him to be friendly and open hearted, one who wouldn't turn away a little baby, even though he had no clue at the time how to care for one.

He had seen the dead mother, lying cold on the back doorstep to his cantina and saw the little baby girl infant crying and ruffling in her blankets near her lifeless mother's body, taking sympathy on her immediately. His eyes darted around the woman. She was very beautiful, by human standards anyway, with long flowing blonde hair and bright eyes. Something that really stood out though was something that had shone out through the dim lights. It was a silvery metallic object. He had immediately recognized it to be the hilt of a lightsaber. This woman was a Jedi!

He knew he shouldn't get involved, Jedi didn't die like this on their own... yet he felt so sympathetic for the baby girl, that he had taken her in, along with the lightsaber hilt. He had the woman cremated and kept her ashes in a small lead box along with the lightsaber hilt.

Keira of course had no knowledge that her mother had been a Jedi, or what had happened to her ending up being raised by Yarin, the male that she had actually called father, even though she knew that she was obviously not related to him. For years she had not questioned her background or how she had come to him, with him telling her that when she was old enough, he would tell her.

But lately... her curiousity and thirst for information had grown thin, and since she had learned to fix a lot of gadgets and hack into computer networks, she had begun to try to search for her background. Once she had locked onto something that she thought was a possible lead, it had left her with getting chased by the Coruscant Police. It was obviously confidential information and she wanted to find out more about it. All she knew was that the information was about the Jedi Order and she tried to search her background with them and the rest of the Orders that she could think of, and the next thing, she was getting chased by the authorities.

She knew she would have to head up a few levels to see Yarin to finally bring up the question of her background.

Keira Sparrow
May 10th, 2004, 09:55:51 PM
Keira almost had some close encounters with some shady looking beings, but as soon as they seemed to come at her, they were immediately turned away, as if deciding that she was not interesting enough. She frowned, confused, yet happy that she was not interesting enough to any of these fellows.

She headed up a few levels to where the lower Coruscant would soon meet up with the middle levels of Coruscant, and some light was actually seen from looking up.

She pushed her way through the backdoor and into the small lounge area. She dumped her shoulder bag on a small roughed out and worn couch and wandered along a small hallway into the kitchen area.

The warm, moist and sweet spicy aromas of various dishes being prepared filled her nostrils and she inhaled deeply. She sighed slightly satisfied and turned to see a few steaming dishes on the fryers being cooked simaultaneously by her "father" Yarin. The Besalisk's arms moved rapidly, not pausing or faltering in their task of cooking and mixing.

"Hey my sweet Sparrow!" Yarin greeted a wide sharp toothed grin came onto his expression immediately as he saw her standing in the doorway.

Keira smiled slightly. Yarin had always called her that. He hadn't known her last name, so he had just given her a last name along with the first that he had thought up. Sparrow seemed fitting, considering her small petite form and stature, and intelligent manner that she accomplished everything with.

"How are you doing today?" He asked, the oils hissing under the frying pan that he was tossing the oily noodles up into the air and catching them in the pan once more.

"I need to talk to you."

A customer suddenly came up to the ordering window.

"Can you get that Sparrow?" Yarin asked, gesturing to the older looking Smuggler.

Keira sighed and nodded. She turned and helped fill out his order and took the money as he payed, putting it in the till and adding his order to the list of ones above the fryers.

"I need to talk to you about my background." Keira said, seriously. She wouldn't be backing down this time to some excuse that Yarin might come up with. She wanted the facts and she wanted them now. He had waited far too long. She was seventeen now and old enough to have the answer she thought.

Yarin set down the frying pans and mixing bowls. He switched the fryers off, letting the food settle. "Can it wait?" He asked quietly.

Keira shook her head defiantly. "No, it can't. I've waited far too long."

The large Besalisk eyed her hesitantly and reluctantly. He took a large hand and scratched his large head. "Well I suppose you have a right to know... and since you're... since you've grown up, I guess that time is now..."

He served the customers their orders quickly before guiding Keira into the back room.

He sat down beside her on a worn out green sofa which had lost it's major spring underneath. He then proceeded to tell her everything, from when her mother landed on his doorstep up until now.

She listened, occassionally opening her mouth to speak, but at a sudden loss of words and thought.

When he was finished, he set his upper set of large hands on Keira's small shoulders. "My little Sparrow... now you know. Your place is with the Jedi." He slowly turned and with one of his other set of hands, pulled out a led box and lightsaber hilt from a drawer and handed them to Keira.

"I-I..." Keira was at a loss of words. Her thoughts were whirling... Why had Yarin waited this long to tell her everything instead of giving her to the Jedi Order when she was still young?

"Why did you wait till now to tell me this?" She questioned him.

"Because, I didn't want you to hate me, and run away being mad at me. You were like a daughter. I've never had a daughter before, but you were like my daughter, and since that Jedi, your mother left you for me to take care of, I felt it was my duty to raise you..."

Tears were swelling up in the large yellowy-orange eyes of the Besalisk. "N-Now you know. I'm not going to make you stay here or anything. Do what you feel is right."

"I... I have to find out more about my heritage though... I... I've loved you like a father and have always considered you my father, even though I know we're totally different species." Keira stood up, her mind made up. "I-I guess I'll go contact the Jedi then." She sniffed away a few tears that were beginning to build behind her eyes.

Yarin nodded. "N-No one's making you stay. I want you to be happy with whatever path you take."

Keira tucked the lightsaber onto her belt and gathered up a blue jacket and put it around her. She put the locked led box into her shoulder bag and then slung her shoulder bag back onto her shoulder and looked at Yarin. "I-I'm sorry, but I have to go. I have know more. I'll come back and visit, I promise. I promise."

"My little Sparrow...." Yarin opened all arms, giving her a large hug that seemed to last to short of a moment.

"I-I love you 'Dad'." She whispered, tears running down her cheeks.

Yarin pulled away from the embrace and gently wiped them away with a gentle finger gesture. "Fly away Sparrow, and may your determination take you wherever you want to be. Becareful..."

Keira turned and without looking back, which was heart wrentching, she walked straight out of the back door. It was the hardest thing she had ever done, but she was determined to find out more about her heritage.

She went and with a few credits got into a taxi heading for Upper Coruscant...

Keira Sparrow
May 10th, 2004, 10:29:14 PM
After sending the message, Keira took the speeder back to a familiar alleyway in the Lower Coruscant Area, where she entered a bar, and got a muja milkshake to go.

She sipped it and wandered around the familiar and fairly ok lit streets, waiting for a reply back on her hologram.

Yurza Magus
May 11th, 2004, 03:32:57 AM
Yurza wondered around the lower level for awhile before decided to go up to the higher levels. He wasn't aware of his brother's condition,so he took pride in knowing that Shade's last moments had been painful and hard to bear with. Now he was looking for the girls he had lost. He could already feel someone with a faint signature it had to be one of them. He walked into a nearby cafe and glanced around till his eyes fell on a young girl. Not one of many, but potential...

Shade Magus
May 11th, 2004, 06:18:05 AM
Shade nodded when Jacali told him about the girls. It was good they got out. "Well...I think it is safe to say we had an interesting day."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 11th, 2004, 06:34:34 AM
"A very interesting day to say the least, Shade." Jacali nodded.

Shade Magus
May 11th, 2004, 06:47:34 AM
Shade nodded and closed his eyes, his head still pounding, but much less severely. "Wait does anyone know what happened to Yurza?"

imported_Jacali Danner
May 11th, 2004, 06:53:20 AM
The Padawan shook her head. "No, he's still out there. He's probably the one who did the spider bite thing. He wants you dead."

Shade Magus
May 11th, 2004, 06:55:13 AM
Shade shook his head. "Can't really blame him. Afterall I did leave him for dead last time we saw each other."

Keira Sparrow
May 11th, 2004, 09:20:18 AM
Keira sipped her muja milkshake and looked around with her bright eyes. She could feel someone's gaze apon her, and felt suddenly anxious. She looked around, her eyes darting around the cafe, looking for where she could feel the gaze coming from. Because there were so many occupants, she couldn't be sure of who it was, but she continued to look anyway.

Yurza Magus
May 11th, 2004, 03:56:00 PM
Yurza glanced over and saw a girl staring at him. Was she the one? He wondered as he made his way over to her.

Keira Sparrow
May 11th, 2004, 08:50:47 PM
Keira saw the man lock gazes with her, and froze, wondering whether she should feel frightened or just play it casual. Her instincts told her to stay put, yet she still felt a little anxious as the man began making his way over to her. She stayed standing still anyway and sipped her muja milkshake.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 11th, 2004, 11:56:53 PM
"Let's not think about that right now, okay? Let's think about you getting better." She told him and gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

Shade Magus
May 12th, 2004, 04:29:38 AM
Shade gave a small sile. "Don't worry, I'll be fine."

Yurza Magus
May 12th, 2004, 04:44:06 AM
Yurza put his hand on the young girl's shoulder and spun her around to look at her face. Are you one of the one's that escaped me?"

Keira Sparrow
May 12th, 2004, 09:26:52 AM
Keira felt a hand being layed on her shoulder, and the next thing she knew, she was spun around by the strong hand that gripped her shoulder. She looked at the man with her greeny-hazel eyes and opened her mouth to speak, but she was at a loss of words. This man obviously had the wrong person... she had never seen him in her life.

She raised an eyebrow, and tried to stop the urge to tremble fearfully. "W-what are you talking about?" She asked him. "One of the ones that tried escaping you? I have no idea what you're talking about!" She swallowed as she continued on truthfully. "I have never seen you before in my life... I-I'm sorry, you have the wrong girl..." Despite her fear and nervousness that she was feeling, she felt a strong determination and wasn't about to back down, even if this man continued thinking she was what he thought she was, which she knew to be wrong.

Yurza Magus
May 12th, 2004, 06:19:48 PM
"Bahh...you're just a little girl. Tell me. Have you seen any women in dancer outfits?"

Keira Sparrow
May 13th, 2004, 09:28:00 AM
Keira frowned, lowering her raised eyebrow. "No..."

She bit her lip, wondering whether or not this man would know of any Jedi nearby... He didn't seem the type that he would like them, he seemed in fact the very opposite. She decided to ask him anyway. "You wouldn't happen to know any Jedi around here... would you?" She bit her lip, wondering if she'd done the right thing...

Leten Snat
May 13th, 2004, 01:44:36 PM
Leten walks into the med bay, with the assistance of a few of the dancing girls that Shade and Jacali rescued, with a nasty set of claw marks on his Chest, and some nasty bite marks on his right arm.

Leten looks up to see Shade and Jacali...

"Hey Shade! Just so you know, if you get the lightsaber blade into the Corridor Ghoul's mouth it stops him dead in his tracks..."

Leten takes a deep breath..

"On my way up I found the girls you rescued and guided them up, in exchange for help getting to medical attention."

Keira Sparrow
May 15th, 2004, 12:29:06 AM
As the seconds ticked by, each seeming like eternity to her mind, she wondered if she had made the right choice of bringing up the Jedi. If this man (Yurza) was an enemy of the Jedi, which he looked like he could easily be, then she wondered if she would remain amongst the living for much longer...

Yurza Magus
May 15th, 2004, 12:39:51 AM
Yurza spat that word on the ground. "Jedi?! What do you need a Jedi for?"

imported_Jacali Danner
May 15th, 2004, 07:28:41 AM
Jacali looked at the young man. "Oh, Leten, that looks...bad."

Shade Magus
May 15th, 2004, 03:45:22 PM
Shade nodded. "Look like you need to be in here more than I do."

Keira Sparrow
May 15th, 2004, 08:34:45 PM
Keira bit her lip at his angry and distasteful reaction to what she had said to him. "Um... I well... I was just wondering if you'd seen any around nearby..." This man frightened her slightly and made her jumpy, so she wanted to get out of his presence as soon as she was able to. She felt her smooth leather strap of her vibroblade in it's hidden leather sheath underneth her jacket. Not that she needed it at the moment... but just making sure it was there helped slightly...

She slowly took a step backwards, her eyes never leaving him. "Thanks though. Nice meeting you."

She took a more steps backwards, not wanting to take her gaze off of him. She knew that sometimes a predator would usually react more in a negative way if their prey or quarry turned away or ran, so she wanted to get a fair distance between them before she had to turn and run (if she had to).

Keira Sparrow
May 17th, 2004, 08:19:01 PM
Keira gazed out of the corner of her eyes around at her surroundings. They were at a bar/cafe like place with man beings and creatures from around the galaxy. She tried to find an exit or some sort of sign that would 'magically' appear to have the words 'Run' or 'Hide here', but she of course found none.

She turned her gaze back at the man, hoping she hadn't or didn't anger him in anyway. That would make things ugly for her...

Yurza Magus
May 17th, 2004, 08:32:28 PM
Yurza watched the young girl move away. "You! why are you leaving so soon? We barely had the chance to get to know each other," he said with a menacing grin.

Keira Sparrow
May 17th, 2004, 10:58:09 PM
"I'm sorry, I see my boyfriend just over there." Keira gestured over through the sea of heads in the crowded bar like cafe. She sipped her muja milkshake once more before she tossed her bangs out of her eyes and bolted for it. She quickly ran through the crowd, hoping the lose the man in the crowds.

She bumped into various people, getting viscious grins and some angry looks, but she hardly had time to pay attention to them. She kept running and running till she was out on the darker streets of Coruscant. She looked up towards a well known turbolift, and breathing quickly, she ran towards it, trying her best to not look back.

She saw the turbolift shoot upwards. Oh no! Her timing was rotten... She would have to lose a few precious seconds, waiting for it to come back down. She silently begged it to go faster. And waited as the seconds ticked by, each seemingly like a painstaking period of eternity.

She looked around, not seeing him, but not trusting her eyes. As the turbolift door opened, she hurried into it, hoping she had made it. She closed her eyes, letting out a sigh of relief as the door stayed open and a few other people came in.

Leten Snat
May 19th, 2004, 02:26:04 PM
Jacali Danner

Jacali looked at the young man. "Oh, Leten, that looks...bad."

Shade Magus

Shade nodded. "Look like you need to be in here more than I do."

Leten smiles s the medical staff place Leten in a bed next to shade and start to work on him...

"It's not as bad as it could be. At least I'm still alive. That better than what most people that fight the ghouls can say."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 20th, 2004, 07:55:53 PM
"Well, you are a brave young man in my eyes, Leten." Jacali told him gently.

Shade Magus
May 21st, 2004, 12:39:46 AM
"I second that notion."

Leten Snat
May 21st, 2004, 10:15:28 AM
Leten Smiles...

"People in the lower levels that know me say I'm ether Brave, Stupid, have a death wish, or all of the above. Really I just think the lives of my friends are worth more than my own life. And as a salvage expert, I always try to save the objects of most value."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 25th, 2004, 05:45:34 PM
"The words spoken of a true Jedi." Jacali smiled and squeezed Leten's hand. "Because of you, my sister's unborn will have a chance to live in the light. Is there anything I can do to repay you?"

Leten Snat
May 27th, 2004, 10:57:17 AM
Leten smiles, and blushes...

"I really didn't do much. I just showed you a way around the grannet slug walkway, made the beam safer for the return trip, held back a few Ghouls so you could get across the beam, and helped show some of the girls the way up here in exchange of them showing me where the nearest medbay was. You don't need to repay me. I just wanted to help."