PDA

View Full Version : No more bar and grill?

Morgan Evanar
Mar 27th, 2004, 07:03:54 PM
I dislike the existence of the place so much I fail in my duty as a moderator by checking the place once a week, at most. As you all know, I'm a stickler for realistic RP.

The B&G firmly falls out of that catagory. Yeah, its been around since the begging of time, but so have a bunch of other unwanted geographic features.

None of the place makes any sense: Its run by Jedi, anyone is welcome, we have random people float in. Root stew. Toilet duck.

Flush the duck, the stew, the whole bloody concept. Its old, tired, and broken.

Figrin D'an
Mar 27th, 2004, 07:32:38 PM
Lots of people would probably sceam bloody murder if we got rid of it entirely.

We could consider revamping it, though. I don't see much of a problem with having a favorite haunt for the Jedi to hang out at outside of the GJO grounds. Making it a private, non-Jedi run establishment that is open to the public would make more sense. As far as the menu items... I don't really care. I don't use them, but if some else does for their RPs... fine. We already ditched the stupid bouncers and the massive military presence, which were the biggest of the problems. A few more tweaks maybe better than junking it entirely. There are people that love the B&G concept and use it, despite that it does have a nonsensical aura about it.

Estelle Russard
Mar 27th, 2004, 10:31:10 PM
I dont think we should get rid of it.

Its a good forum for the RP's that have no real structure or point. Somethimes ppl just like that. It helps them to get "into" their character a bit imo.

Plus, Ive had some specific threads there that have been important in my Character's development. Estelle met Fett there, met Aurelias there, Keerourri there.

I do think that maybe it could be owned by non-Jedi, though it should be by Jedi sympathizers.

A change would work, but not scrapping it imo

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 27th, 2004, 10:41:08 PM
Yes, good call, Estelle. I vote for having it be run by Jedi buddies... And maybe made more... polished? I dunno. Less of a frat-boy house and more of a nice club type thing. ;)

Swing dancing on thursdays! Yeeee-Ha!

Morgan Evanar
Mar 28th, 2004, 09:33:47 AM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
Lots of people would probably sceam bloody murder if we got rid of it entirely.

We could consider revamping it, though. I don't see much of a problem with having a favorite haunt for the Jedi to hang out at outside of the GJO grounds. Making it a private, non-Jedi run establishment that is open to the public would make more sense. As far as the menu items... I don't really care. I don't use them, but if some else does for their RPs... fine. We already ditched the stupid bouncers and the massive military presence, which were the biggest of the problems. A few more tweaks maybe better than junking it entirely. There are people that love the B&G concept and use it, despite that it does have a nonsensical aura about it. I could compromise with a change, but as usual, I'd prefer to just flush it. Your ideas are good and any way to make it less absurd is supported.

People ALWAYS scream bloody murder at my ideas. Hell, I want to hit the whole board with a big reset button.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 28th, 2004, 09:38:57 AM
I think a reform would be good, but not canning it completely..

Hell, I want to hit the whole board with a big reset button

I wouldn't mind that either, to be honest.

Figrin D'an
Mar 28th, 2004, 11:59:52 AM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Hell, I want to hit the whole board with a big reset button.

I know... at times, I do too. At least it seems we're going to finally get the planetary reset pushed through. That's a big step on it's own. If there are a few other things that could be... trimmed from the RP universe, things would make a lot more sense and be much better.

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 28th, 2004, 01:04:37 PM
I can only see canning completely if there was some other equivalent place, not run by Jedi, that made more sense... I mean, there certainly doesn't need to be a B&G on Yavin, and there's no earthly reason, besides the fact that it's always been there, that the B&G should be there in the first place.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 29th, 2004, 02:16:15 PM
Ack .. like Estelle, I had some important threads in there myself :) But I agree, sometimes the place is silly... like the menu mentioned.

I am in favor of a revamped bar and grill owned by Jedi Sympathizers... that would work well.

reset button? I keep trying to find it :(