View Full Version : Shaun of the Dead final trailer

ReaperFett
Mar 27th, 2004, 03:36:29 PM
http://www.uip.co.uk/films/shaun_of_the_dead/video/trailer_05.html

:D!

14 days to go :D

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 28th, 2004, 09:52:42 AM
I'm still looking forward to this, but not as much when I'd just seen a couple of clips. Some bits look really funny, others not so much.

Dae Jinn
Mar 28th, 2004, 11:21:37 PM
:lol @ the "mall" music.

I was wonder wtf that was. Looks pretty good. :)

ReaperFett
Apr 10th, 2004, 12:13:48 PM
BRILLIANT movie. Not only very funny (The darts scene being a highlight), but had some genuinely touching moments. Some great cameos if you watch the sort of TV program the cast appear in.

Nathanial K'cansce
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:49:59 AM
Some great cameos if you watch the sort of TV program the cast appear in.

Like The Office? My friend sat us down to watch the first episode of that. We didn't really get into it. But that was only one episode.

Bumping this up since I couldn't find another relative topic for this movie.

Wentt o see it with a few friends last night, and must say it was hillariously funny. Well worth the money I paid to watch it (5.25, thankyou student discounts). Classic lines, funy situations, overall a good time. I do think it tried to have to many dramatical serious moments for it's own good, though.

Shawn
Sep 27th, 2004, 08:10:13 AM
Originally posted by Nathanial K'cansce
Like The Office? My friend sat us down to watch the first episode of that. We didn't really get into it. But that was only one episode.Hate to say it, but I'm in the same boat. It seemed like something a couple of college students over here would make.

I've been hearing lots of things about Shaun, but I'm still not sure if I want to drop the cash to see it. Theaters around here are getting to be outrageously expensive. Last movie I saw cost me 9 bucks a head. I may just stop seeing theatrical movies altogether, unless it's a special case (Ep3, etc).

darth_mcbain
Sep 27th, 2004, 08:21:07 AM
The trailer for this looks pretty funny - but I doubt I'll go see it in the theaters. I know what you mean, Shawn - ticket prices cause you think twice about what you see in the theater. It does look like a fun flick, though - the trailer had some good moments. I loved the part with the Prince records... :)

Dae Jinn
Sep 27th, 2004, 08:36:44 AM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
BRILLIANT movie. Not only very funny (The darts scene being a highlight), but had some genuinely touching moments.

Agreed :D The Romero-esque touches were great. Some scenes had everyone in the theatre laughing all at once which = the best IMO. Excellent movie.

Christopher Munro
Sep 27th, 2004, 10:20:06 AM
Its out on DVD. Yay. Guess I'm buying that tomorrow...I actually have money, for a change. :D

imported_QuiGonJ
Sep 27th, 2004, 11:13:43 AM
I saw it at the theater Saturday night and loved it. Lots of fun.

HFunk
Sep 27th, 2004, 03:38:44 PM
I am seeing the film this wednesday with some friends, some of whom will be taking another viewing. Has the makings of being a cult smash hit if it has staying power and not hurt by the commercial attention.

HFunk
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:07:18 PM
I saw the film today as promised and found it disappointing. My initial thoughts about Shaun of the Dead were that it would be a film with a collective sequence of deliriously funny spontaneous skits between Shaun and his loafing bum sidekick Ed. No not so, in fact the humour is rather forced and built up and falls disasterously flat on it's face. There were some moments that gave me a small chuckle but that's all, the end is the best part with a riproaring commentary about the media. The trailers were very deceptive towards me. Worth seeing to see it. I give a C- or D+.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 30th, 2004, 10:21:14 AM
You can tell if you're going to enjoy Shaun before you even see it based on one thing: whether or not you enjoy 'Spaced', 'Black Books' and other British comedy (not 'The Office') like it. Most of the humour comes in the form of situation comedy (such as the inventive use of vinyl’s), one-liners or textual/cultural references.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 30th, 2004, 11:30:37 AM
I like British comedy, my husband doesn't, and so I won't be seeing it. :p Saw Wimbledon instead.

Shawn
Sep 30th, 2004, 12:03:15 PM
Wait, your hubby wanted to see a movie about Tennis players instead of a zombie flick? Are you sure that you're not just a cover?

Mu Satach
Sep 30th, 2004, 12:13:13 PM
Tennis? OVER ZOMBIES?!?!?

*smacks LD's hubby upside the head*
"what in God's name is Wrong withchu Mon!"

;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 30th, 2004, 12:27:43 PM
it was actually really good. :D

And 25 people got thrown out of our theatre while we were watching it, which was satisfying. Unfortunately I can't find a 'smug' smiley.

Mu Satach
Sep 30th, 2004, 12:44:29 PM
Ahhh well, the live action makes up for the zombies. :D

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:22:39 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I like British comedy, my husband doesn't, and so I won't be seeing it. :p Saw Wimbledon instead.

What? Dont like British comedy?

HE DOESNT LIKE MONTY PYTHON??????????????????

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:02:49 PM
haha that's right, my husband must be a homosexual. :rolleyes

He actually went to see Dawn of the Dead without me, because I didn't want to see it, and enjoyed both Res. Evil movies. He likes zombie movies, but neither of us were paticularly enamoured with seeing Shaun of the Dead, so we didn't.

And I actually don't know if he likes Monty Python or not.