PDA

View Full Version : Tolea'Fuin Info Thread

Sable
Mar 27th, 2004, 09:43:24 AM
I was wondering -

With the many areas of the Unknown Regions still unknown, would it be possible to create a planet in that area, give it indiginous life, technologies, etc etc (so long as it all fits within the Star Wars Universe, of course), and introduce it through RP's involving meeting with the Senate, Jedi, etc etc to establish trade relations, alliances and such?

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 27th, 2004, 09:44:28 AM
Yes. People do that quite regularly, actually :)

Sable
Mar 27th, 2004, 09:47:54 AM
Terrific :) I have some research to do in order to make sure that it all fits in the SW universe, so I may end up posting more questions in here to ask about things I may not be sure on.

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Mar 27th, 2004, 11:59:02 AM
Howdy Neighbor

Sable
Mar 28th, 2004, 03:58:56 PM
Salutations tall, blue, military-type :lol

*Runs off to round up others

Mar 28th, 2004, 09:33:46 PM
Where in the Unknown Regions will your planet be?

Sable
Mar 28th, 2004, 09:39:30 PM
That I do not know. I need to find a decent map of the SW galaxy or of the Unknown Regions so I can figure that out. Any suggestions?

Figrin D'an
Mar 28th, 2004, 10:05:50 PM
http://www.nav-computer.com/galaxymap.html

Once you've picked out a place, contact Darth Viscera to give him a specific location, so he can place it on the official map for our RP universe.

Sable
Mar 28th, 2004, 10:28:08 PM
:) Thank you, Figrin! I will send the information on to Viscera once I figure it out. Also, what sort of details do I need to include? I figure for the planet, its more like a rainforest; dense, lush, fertile lands, etc; all kinds of creatures and whatnot - but do I need to send him anything else?

Edit: Well, finding a place for it wasn't so hard :p Straight up from the Codian Moon and right next to the big U in the text Unknown Universe. Is that all right?

Mar 29th, 2004, 12:13:20 PM
thats well outside of Chiss space so I dont have any problems. You would have a problem with the Ssi ruuvi kinda like Bakura does but that could all be part of the history.
as I said before Howdy neighbor

Dae Jinn
Mar 29th, 2004, 02:58:01 PM
Okay, I have a question now, lol.

I've been writing up a planet description for Dae's homeworld and I've always just put it in Wild Space. Is that alright? The planet is basically dead, so yeah. *hopes this isnt too dumb a question*

Morgan Evanar
Mar 29th, 2004, 02:59:36 PM
Works fine for me.

Dae Jinn
Mar 29th, 2004, 03:00:38 PM
Good, thank-you Morg :)

Tear
Mar 29th, 2004, 04:10:57 PM
Note to all you people starting up a new planet The Imperial Sovereignty is always willing to make new ..friends:)

Sable
Mar 29th, 2004, 06:22:49 PM
Originally posted by STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
thats well outside of Chiss space so I dont have any problems. You would have a problem with the Ssi ruuvi kinda like Bakura does but that could all be part of the history.
as I said before Howdy neighbor

Actually, does anyone here "run" the Ssi Ruuk ( ? ) area? If so, it'd be nice to be able to work out part of a storyline with them to help establish one area in the plot that's going to begin soon that I am having a little trouble with.

And ...

:) Howdy Neighbor

Originally posted by Tear
Note to all you people starting up a new planet The Imperial Sovereignty is always willing to make new ..friends:)

;) Could use some of those in the Imperial Sovereignty in the plot, too.

And one more thing: I already know everything about the planet ( Tolea`Fuin ) so is there somewhere I could post the information in case someone ever wanted to use it?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 29th, 2004, 07:40:31 PM
Just post the info in this thread. And edit the title to "Tolea'Fuin Informational Thread" or something along those lines so it'll be easy to find with the search function if someone needs to know about the planet.

Sable
Mar 29th, 2004, 07:46:21 PM
Will do, thanks Lilaena.

One more question:

I'd like to include some military vessels as part of Tolea`Fuins defenses, but I don't want to be too much. First, is it possible to have some sort of fleet without having to rp out the production of it and second, suggestions as to what ships to include and how many to have are highly appreciated.

Charley
Mar 29th, 2004, 08:00:20 PM
You can RP out a smallish defense starfleet of a few capital ships and support vessels. You don't have to build them, you could already have them, or buy them from somewhere. The Cizerack Pride and the rest of the Confederacy of Independent Systems eagerly run trade contracts with developing systems for all their needs, including defense.

Sable
Mar 29th, 2004, 08:39:37 PM
*Jots that info down* Thanks, Charley.

Mar 29th, 2004, 10:45:13 PM
Since you will be in proximity to the chiss and i will be building new ships soon. I will "donate" a couple of ships in exchange for an agreement that Chiss space is off limits to you or your people punishable by death and sign a non-Agression Pact. We just want to be left alone.

Sable
Mar 30th, 2004, 01:28:35 PM
Or .....

The non-agression pact gets signed in blood by both parties and along with that pact, an agreement to purchase ships from the Chiss is made.

I figure that the Tolea`Fuin peoples "acquired" some ships over their history from previous wars they'd been involved in and most likely contracted a shipyard to build a few. However, with the need to keep current on the latest technologies, weapons, etc; they'll need an alliance with atleast one other 'near-by' planet.

Just to note, the Tolean's are a peaceful race, they do not start wars - they just end them :D And get attacked by the Ssi Ruuk who want the life energies of the Tolean's.

I'm almost finished writing up the information on the planet and the main peoples found inhabiting it so I'll get that posted in the next day or two.

Sable
Mar 31st, 2004, 12:15:52 PM
Well, I have some things figured out for the planet of Tolea`Fuin (rp to begin in the next few days for those who already pm'd and are involved). I reserve the right to edit this as the rest is figured out. Helpful suggestions and advice are appreciated.

------

Tolea`Fuin -

Location: Unknown Regions, fifteen light years north of Codian Moon. It's orbit around its sun is not an elliptical orbit as is found to be the case with most planets. Tolea`Fuin's orbit is perfectly circular, making its temperatures constant year round.
Sun - 1
Moon - 3
Standard year - 385 days
Standard day - 28 hours

9 Continents

Lush and fertile lands, dense rainforests and 8 oceans.

Native Species:

Tolean's -

Appearance:

::Human features. Notable difference in the ears. Elongated, gently rounded, giving Tolean's a keen sense of hearing, which is needed for their surroundings.

::Tall, slender with females standing in at 5'7" - 5'9" and males standing in at 6'2" - 7'.

::Noble, diplomatic by nature.

::The lifespan of a Tolean is much longer than that of a human's. Ten human years is equal to one Tolean year, with a Tolean reaching the age of maturity at around the age of 180 - 200 years.

::They are a well-ordered people, ruled by the High Ruler and the governing High Council. Each member of the High Council has an Advisor. The High Council is comprised of seven members - the second born child of the Seven Ruling Guilds.

::No human has ever taken the seat of the High Ruler, been a member of the Council or an Advisor.

::Unaffected by the force. Cannot use the force, cannot have the force used against them.

::Strong in military tactics.

::Planetary Defenses:

The fleet is comprised of:

Ground forces are moderate and well-trained.

Technology:

Up-to-date with the current.

Tolea`Fuin History:

:: It's history is long and not unlike most other planets in the galaxy. They have a history of civil war, rebellion, and wars with the Ssi Ruuk. Every few decades, the Ssi Ruuk invade, or attempt to invade Tolea`Fuin.

::The Ssi Ruuk abduct many Tolean's and bring them back to Ssi Ruuvi. The Ssi Ruuk have discovered that the life energies of a Tolean are more worthy than that of humans. These life energies are drained from the victim's bodies by the Entechment Rig and then stored into battery coils which are then used to charge the Ssi Ruuvi paddle beamers, battle droids, and other devices.

Darth Viscera
Mar 31st, 2004, 12:49:03 PM
jeez Sable, we don't need 2 or 3 threads exclusively about Tolea`Fuin :p I merged your other thread with this one to keep things tidy :)

Sable
Apr 1st, 2004, 12:38:11 AM
Sorry, I was tired and didn't see the other one :\ Reading when tired = not an easy thing to do

Zeke
Apr 1st, 2004, 12:45:27 AM
Didn't you say in one thread that you might need regular citizens for this, Sable?

Sable
Apr 1st, 2004, 01:16:42 AM
Yes, I did and still do. I'm also in need of a player who would be willing to play the High Ruler and an Advisor or two is needed.

Apr 1st, 2004, 01:35:25 AM
Just Let me know what you would like the Chiss to do. In Character we want nothing more to be left alone and to have our boarders secured and private.

OOC just let me know what I can do to help.

Sable
Apr 1st, 2004, 01:46:14 AM
Thank you. Well, the Chiss wish to be left alone and to have their borders respected and uninvaded. The Toleans want the same for their homeworld. I figure every few decades, the Toleans end up warring with the Ssi Ruuk.

I've been (slowly) working on writing up the opening post for the storytelling forum that the rp will take place in and I have one paragraph that states the following:

The Unknown Regions account for just fifteen percent of the galaxy, yet much of it remains unexplored. The primary reason for this is the fact that the Chiss control most of the border between the Unknown Regions and the rest of the galaxy. They severely limit traffic into the Unknown Regions, but they also map large portions of the Unknown Regions as part of an ambitious mission developed by Grand Admiral Thrawn. Decades of exploration have revealed a wealth of unusual creatures and races - as well as rogue planets. It was during the latter part of the previous decade that an exploration team from Chiss happened upon Tolea`Fuin. Through diplomatic relations, the Chiss and Tolean's have lived at peace with one another since the declaration and signing of a non-aggression/trade pact.

I figure that the Chiss and Toleans hold a mutual respect for the others wishes and they dont bother each other. If the Chiss are willing to 'donate' a few of their ships to the Toleans as part of that pact they signed, that would help out a lot.

Also, please let me know if you want to participate in the rp at all once it begins. I've read a few of your posts so if you reserve the right to jump in if and when it seems appropriate, that's fine.

Zeke
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:06:15 AM
Originally posted by Sable
Yes, I did and still do. I'm also in need of a player who would be willing to play the High Ruler and an Advisor or two is needed.

Well...I've had a character idea I wanna play out, and I'd be willing to use it towards this, at least to get the character started. It'd be regular citizenry, so you'd still be short a High Ruler and Advisor.

Sable
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:51:20 AM
:) Welcome aboard then. Currently, I'm working on the opening post in notepad. Stuck in one area of it, but it'll get posted in the next few days. PM so I know which char you'll be playing and so I can tell you a little more about ways your citizen can help the plot - (trust me, the citizens are important in this one)

Tiberius Anar
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:02:36 PM
Originally posted by Sable
(trust me, the citizens are important in this one)

The claim of every politician- at least at election time!

Sable
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:16:23 PM
:lol