PDA

View Full Version : Am I alone?

Ryan Pode
Mar 27th, 2004, 07:55:20 AM
On this topic. So, there was a Racoon in my garage yesterday evening. My mom managed to get it out then and it scampered off. I, naturally being curious, went to go see this racoon. I found it nestled into some bushes, then suddenly, it made some screaming noise at me and charged me. Unsure if it had rabies, I bolted away, as I was unsure if it was rabid. It pursued. In fact, it chased me all over my cul-de-sac until I managed to get into my house. Animal control eventually came, but couldn't find the animal.

Syren Wyssholt
Mar 27th, 2004, 09:19:23 AM
No, you scared it and it was making sure that you would leave it alone. At my other house, we have a family of 'coons living in our backyard and they aren't afraid of us at all. They walk right up to our patio door and scratch at it until you either shoo them away or give them food!

I also had a ground hog (I think that's what it was - big, brown and I see them nibbling grasses along the roadside everywhere) in the hood of my car and it was eating my wires! It took 3 hours to get the thing out of there too.

Me + wildlife = not a good mix - therefore, you will never get me to go camping.

Darth Viscera
Mar 27th, 2004, 09:54:13 AM
there was a racoon taking a nap in my garbage bin last week, and the darn fool thing didn't know that it wasn't welcome. I tried hitting it with the butt of a bb rifle, hitting it on the head with a snow shovel, slamming the garbage bin's lid on its tail, closing the garbage bin and shaking it around upside down, yelling at it, apologizing profusely at it, frowning at it, asking it politely to leave and talking to it about women. Nada. A couple hours later, apparently, it scampered off, despite being wounded perhaps both physically and emotionally, and I sprayed the garbage bin with clorox and locked it.

I win.

imported_Taja Loraan
Mar 27th, 2004, 12:39:29 PM

And you called me GoGo Yubari.

Charley
Mar 28th, 2004, 08:07:26 PM
Occasionally squirrels will find their way into my house. I'll poison them with cyanide pecans.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Mar 29th, 2004, 01:01:16 AM
^ calls PETA on him :p

Living in the country, we get coons, opossums, foxes, squirrels and everything else you can think of. Just try to keep pet food up out of the way and a tight lid on any trash cans and that should help <...> *advice not gauranteed*

Ka' el Darcverse
Mar 29th, 2004, 02:01:24 AM
Had a 'coon in the chicken coop and had to kill it. Decided that killing animals is not my forte...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 29th, 2004, 05:58:25 AM
i dont have any animals to fend away

i have to deal with cockroaches and waterbugs :(