PDA

View Full Version : Aliens Versus Predator

Zasz Grimm
Mar 26th, 2004, 03:58:45 AM
Anyone else feeling the hype? Seen the new internet trailer?

if you look carefully, you can see Bishop. Actually, thats the 'companies' founder. Charles Weyland. All the bishop models thereafter were made after the founder's image. which is pretty cool.

I just really like Lance Henrisken.

I think it'll be a great movie. I also can't wait to see alien 5 ( still...in waiting. )) I hope they go into more depth about the predators every 1000 year challenge and dont just skim it.

Charley
Mar 26th, 2004, 04:21:43 AM
Where are the space marines :mad

JMK
Mar 26th, 2004, 07:04:50 AM
I can't wait to see this. Looks like it will be a lot of fun. :)

Alpha
Mar 26th, 2004, 09:41:51 AM
This is one I'm really, really wanting to see. :D

darth_mcbain
Mar 26th, 2004, 10:42:17 AM
Is there a link to the trailer? Sounds pretty neat

Mu Satach
Mar 26th, 2004, 12:39:56 PM
Teaser (http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avp/)

Trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avp/internet_trailer/)

Hype with the Writer Director dood (http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avp/featurette/)

Official Web site (http://www.avp-movie.com/)

:D :D :D :D

When I first saw the poster last year somewhere I remember thinking...
No way...
YUS!!!! =)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 26th, 2004, 02:19:14 PM
Howard Stern was talking to the director this morning. I don't usually listen to his show, but a bit of the explaination was interesting. The major premise to the "VERSUS" bit of the movie is that the Predators have kidnapped the queen of the Aliens, and force her to lay eggs so they can hunt the new Aliens. The other aliens obviously don't like that much.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 26th, 2004, 03:08:04 PM
Prepare to be disappointed is my bet.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 27th, 2004, 01:53:32 AM
That was the premise of the Comic Book. I don't know maybe not, I see a Jason vs Freddy kind of thing here, and that was a fun movie.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 27th, 2004, 02:06:34 AM
I see a Jason vs Freddy kind of thing here, and that was a fun movie.

What. No. FvJ was a POS pretending to be a movie. It was terrible.

I dont see this being any different.

Mu Satach
Mar 27th, 2004, 02:28:58 AM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
What. No. FvJ was a POS pretending to be a movie. It was terrible.

Well, you're no fun. ;)

imported_Firebird1
Mar 27th, 2004, 06:12:52 AM
Where the heck did this come from!!!

*Is Blindsided by AVP!*

Ahh!! Help, I did not see this one comming!!

Oh well, if will be a fanboy hit, if nothing else.

Should be fun to see if it survives the transision from Comic Book to Movie.

Jarek T'chort
Mar 27th, 2004, 08:32:25 AM
From what I have seen this movie looks set to be pretty good, but most likely light on plot and storyline. It won't match Aliens or Predator but at least can repair some the damage the awful Alien: Resurrection did to the franchise.

Another thing is plot holes.....the Predators according to the movies are drawn to heat and conflict, something lacking in Antartica. The major premise of the Alien series seemed to be to stop the creatures getting to Earth, from being loosed on humanity. Now we find out they were here all along!

Still, I'm looking forward to it and expect a nice smash-bang-wallop action flick, without thinking too deeply about the plot.

ps. I agree with Charley, needs Colonial Marines. ;)

Jinn Fizz
Mar 27th, 2004, 09:39:54 AM
Last August, it was Freddy vs. Jason. Freddy vs. Jason rocked. (Sorry, Marcus :D).

This August, it's Aliens vs. Predator. I will be there on opening weekend. I hope it rocks too :).

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 27th, 2004, 11:50:38 AM
Well Marcus that is your opinion. I thought Jason Vs Freddy was a fun movie to, it was just a popcorn flick nothing else and I don't think it was meant to be anything else.

imported_QuiGonJ
Mar 27th, 2004, 05:13:17 PM
The trailer already looks like more fun than the previous 2 Alien flicks. :)

CMJ
Mar 27th, 2004, 05:17:08 PM
Eh, it could go either way for me. I'm not a huge fan of either series though.

FvJ was freaking GREAT. :cool

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 27th, 2004, 11:10:12 PM
I liked the first two Alien movies and Predator was a great film. I do think this movie looks better than the last two Alien movies, although that isn't saying much.

Ryan Pode
Mar 28th, 2004, 09:45:54 AM
Alien 3 was okay. Alien: Resserection was just bad. Like Predator 2. It was bad.

CrimsonDiablo
Mar 28th, 2004, 10:23:53 AM
I think it will be really cool if the tie AVP in with the Alien series in that way.... doesn't mean it will be good... but fingers crossed. Alien 3 sucked, as did resurrection. Predator 2 was a good attempt to fit Predator into a different situation, but it failed badly in comparison to the original.

Jinn Fizz
Mar 28th, 2004, 01:19:31 PM
If they ever make an Alien 5, I want it to start with Ripley waking up from hypersleep with the realization that Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection were just bad, bad dreams :D.

Alien 3 was horrible...to me, it's absolutely unforgiveable that they killed off Hicks and Newt 5 minutes into the movie, and then made us suffer through the whole Newt in the morgue scene. Worst. Idea. Ever. The only moderately interesting thing they threw into the whole storyline was that the Bishop line of artificial humans was modeled on Charles Weyland, and that Charles Weyland was actually a pretty nasty fellow. I too like Lance Henriksen a lot, and I'm glad to see that he's in AvP.

I can tolerate Alien Resurrection, as long as I view it as being completely apocryphal to the actual storyline. It has some interesting characters, especially Ron Perlman...he's been another one of my faves, especially since Beauty and the Beast years ago. But Winona Ryder, on the other hand, was badly miscast.

I absolutely love the first Predator movie...it's my favorite Schwarzenegger movie of all time. I've only seen bits and pieces of Predator 2, because it just looked pretty dumb. From what I've heard, I didn't really miss much :p.

Make sure you check out the offical AvP website that Mu posted the link to earlier in this thread...it's a nicely done website with some nifty stuff going on. I voted in the poll about which one will win this confrontation...so far the Predator is winning the poll :).

Ryan Pode
Mar 28th, 2004, 01:54:15 PM
Predator 2 was in a uber-crime filled L.A. What made it bad in my opinion, was the fact they knew what they were fighting. It just took away so much I thought.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 28th, 2004, 10:13:08 PM
Wasn't there some govt. people who knew it? I think Glover's character was in the dark until near the end when Gary Busey finally told him the truth. The best moment in that movie was the Alien skull in the spaceship that was neat.

Garrett Blade
Mar 29th, 2004, 08:27:37 AM
I think only Brits can appreciate Alien 3 despite its poor quality visuals. I myself adore David Finchers directing style in that movie - its so dirty! :) And the scene with Super-intendent Andrews and Medical Officer Clemens once Aaron, aka 85 (the pilot in The Phantom menace no less :p) has left is a classic! And Andrews' description of the alien is priceless!

"Let me see if I've got this straight, Lieutenant: it's an 8-foot creature of some kind with acid for blood, kills on sight, and is generally unpleasant. " I love Alien 3's script. Too bad Moxey from Auf Wiedersehen Pet snuffs it. :)

As for the AvP film, I really can't wait for it. I think it'll be at least three times I go to see it.

Ryan Pode
Mar 29th, 2004, 01:40:52 PM
Yes. The best part of Predator 2 was the end when you saw all the skulls.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 29th, 2004, 01:42:28 PM
Yeah I liked that part too, that was the best touch on the film. I liked Glover's character, the whole govt. shadow program was kind of strange though.

Jedieb
Mar 30th, 2004, 09:20:03 PM
P2 wasn't nearly as good as the first, but I'm a Glover fan and I enjoyed it. The last 2 Aliens films were horrid IMO, but AvP already looks like it will easily out class them. It sure as hell couldn't do any worse, at least in my eyes. If only Arnie wasn't stuck running Kalifornia. ;)

Zasz Grimm
Mar 30th, 2004, 11:55:38 PM
Originally posted by Charley
Where are the space marines :mad

hopefully they will be in 5; especially if hte plot they are announcing is correct.

alien infestation on earth.

but that would be such a copy of EArth Hive.

Garrett Blade
Mar 31st, 2004, 03:39:21 AM
Well to be honest - if anybody has the right to do what was done in Earth Hive, its the guy who started it all.

Jarek T'chort
Mar 31st, 2004, 05:05:37 PM
Originally posted by Jinn Fizz
If they ever make an Alien 5, I want it to start with Ripley waking up from hypersleep with the realization that Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection were just bad, bad dreams :D.

Alien 3 was horrible...to me, it's absolutely unforgiveable that they killed off Hicks and Newt 5 minutes into the movie, and then made us suffer through the whole Newt in the morgue scene. Worst. Idea. Ever. The only moderately interesting thing they threw into the whole storyline was that the Bishop line of artificial humans was modeled on Charles Weyland, and that Charles Weyland was actually a pretty nasty fellow. I too like Lance Henriksen a lot, and I'm glad to see that he's in AvP.

Thank you! Sure from a technical standpoint Alien 3 was pretty good, but script wise I thought it was nothing compared to Aliens and I cared nothing for the characters except Ripley - barely. Killing off Newt and Hicks is like say, Leia and Han dying in Star Wars. Terrible, terrible idea.

Jedieb
Mar 31st, 2004, 09:11:26 PM
It just wasn't that killing 2 great characters was a mistake, but killing them OFFSCREEN was simply unforgivable. That killed the movie right off the bat for me. Those characters deserved better. Aliens4 at times felt like a cheap Sci-Fi channel movie of the week.