PDA

View Full Version : It's not so much talking to me, so much as thinking at me...(Kack)

Zeke
Mar 25th, 2004, 08:07:27 PM
Zeke and his Padawan are seated across from one another on mats made for the purpose of meditative exercises. Zeke has never used them in the past, and wasn't using one at the start, but eventually found his way to one as he tried to explain telepathy.

"It's like using the Force to project a thought, like how communicators use all their technological stuff to send people's voices."

Kack Mebuff
Mar 27th, 2004, 04:19:44 PM
Kack nodded his understanding. He had used the Force to communicate between other Jedi... but that was about it. The padawan had only begun to enter the giant bee hive that was telepathy.

Zeke
Mar 30th, 2004, 02:23:37 PM
"Okay, so. Telepathy goes straight from one person to another. If you telepathize...Telepathize?" Zeke pauses, searching for a better word. Finding none, he continues. "If you telepathize through other people, they won't get your message. Just the person you wanted to talk to. People can listen in on telepathy if they're actively trying to intercept it though."

Kack Mebuff
Mar 30th, 2004, 11:52:42 PM
"Is there a way to prevent that... I guess like 'jamming' them, somehow?" Kack inquired, listening intently to everything that came out of Zeke's mouth.

Zeke
Apr 6th, 2004, 06:38:56 PM
"Yeah," Zeke answers. "You can close your mind to those you don't want listening, and close your mind to those you don't want to listen to. It works kind of like telepathy in reverse. Rather than focus on projecting thoughts to others, you focus on keeping the thoughts of others out."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 8th, 2004, 09:17:48 PM
Kack nodded.

"I see... so rather than focusing on the projection I need to focus on the prevention. And to protect a thought from being intercepted you have to kind of double task and do both at once."

Zeke
Apr 11th, 2004, 05:48:56 PM
"Yes. I could probably explain it better if I had ever had an instance of a darksider intercepting telepathy happen to me. As it stands, I've never used much telepathy in combat situations."

Zeke shrugs.

"Anyways, let's give it a try. Talk to me, but don't speak a word out loud."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:29:27 AM
Do you mean like this, Master? Kack said using only the Force.

He did not even budge. He had used this technique before and was somewhat familiar with it.

Zeke
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:10:56 PM
"Yeah. It's like that. Keep on though. You need the practice. How's your love life, Kack?"

Jhony pulls that one on Zeke all the time, and it usually catches him off-guard. Will Kack keep his composure and the telepathy?

Kack Mebuff
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:35:30 PM
Rather dismal... at least for the time being. Kack replied without flinching.

He was usually pretty open about such things.

I have my eyes, per say, on a fellow padawan though.

Zeke
Apr 19th, 2004, 07:55:40 AM
"Oooh, fellow padawan..."

Zeke smiles slyly.

"Is she hot?"

Kack Mebuff
Apr 19th, 2004, 11:33:52 PM
A smile spread across Kack's face.

Her name is Rikki Van-Warren. She's one of Falcon's padawans. I think she is rather attractive. If I may say so myself.

Zeke
Apr 23rd, 2004, 05:46:18 PM
What's she like? Do you have alot in common?

Kack Mebuff
Apr 25th, 2004, 03:24:32 PM
She's nice. A little quiet. She hasn't been here too long. I was actually the first person in the order she met with. We've been friends since. We seem to have an odd bond between the two of us. I can't explain it... it's strange.

Zeke
Apr 26th, 2004, 08:13:48 PM
"Few such things are explainable," Zeke answers. Then, out loud. "Anyways, that's the basic gist of telepathy. We could try to practice blocking, but you'd be the only one who knew if it was working or not."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 26th, 2004, 09:45:45 PM
Kack nodded.

"That would be rather difficult wouldn't it."

Zeke
Apr 29th, 2004, 03:49:32 PM
"Yeah. Well...that's the basics of telepathy. All you gotta do now is use it and apply it. You can practice with your buddies, use it in conjunction with other skills...y'know. Practical application of abilities is probably the best training you'll get."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 29th, 2004, 11:01:30 PM
Kack nodded.

"Thank you, Master. I will apply it!"

Zeke
Apr 29th, 2004, 11:45:10 PM
"Good. Well, that wasn't so hard, and it didn't really take long either. Meh, ah well. You're dismissed."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 29th, 2004, 11:49:41 PM
Kack got up and bowed, "Thank you very much, Master."