PDA

View Full Version : Teacher-student reunion of sorts. (Navaria Tarkin)

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 25th, 2004, 09:00:32 AM
It was a grand day at Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill. It was the lunch hour, and though Yog's was busy as always, the place still managed to remain calm and quiet. It was Wei's favorite type of atmosphere.

Today, like the the Bar and Grill, was pretty relaxed, but also busy. Wei did not feel pressed to get his tasks accomplished, and did not feel any sort of apathy towards them. And seeing as he didn't have many days like the one he was having today, the Jedi Knight decided that it would be a good day to have a meal with his teacher, and now co-Counselor, Navaria Tarkin.

"It's always so funny how I get to see her everyday, and yet we have no time to catch up with one another."

It made little to no sense that Wei would not be able to talk to his teacher about day-to-day events.

"She'll be here soon. This will be fun."

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 25th, 2004, 11:04:54 AM
She stepped into the Bar and Grill, quietly moving around the crowd of people at the door waiting to be seated. The Knight was a few minutes early but instinctively knew that Wei was already present. She just needed to find him, which did not take long.

Wei had found a table near the far wall and Navaria made her way over in that direction, wondering what was on her former Padawan's mind. If couldn't be anything related to Council business. Anything of that sort had a time and place.

"Greetings, Wei," she pulled back the hood covering her smiling face and bowed. "How are you doing this day?"

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 25th, 2004, 01:32:51 PM
Wei looked at his teacher and smiled. "For the first time in a long time, I feel relaxed. Being up to my eyeballs in Council stuf and Force lessons for so long kind of makes me appreciate days when I have time to do things that aren't business related."

Wei motioned to the other side of the table, pushing the chair out with the Force as he did so. "Please, Master, take a seat. I'm very interested to know how you have been since my promotion. We never get to talk anymore, despite seeing one another nearly everyday at Council. I'm curious to know how things have been going for you."

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 29th, 2004, 02:11:26 PM
This was a pleasant surprise. Navaria welcomed the chance to sit and chat with her former Padawan. Wei was quite right. Ever since his promotion and then eventually taking a seat upon the Council, they had very little time to talk like they used to. "Things have been ... better. For awhile, it seemed my path was rather unclear for many reasons. I'm just glad most of my memories returned."

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 29th, 2004, 05:26:31 PM
Wei nodded. "Memories are good. And I'm glad things have gotten better for you."

Wei of course wondered how things had been before, but he decided not to follow that line of conversation. Best it just stay in the past where it was.

"Padawans giving you any trouble?" Wei chuckled.

Being a teacher himself now, Wei could understand the rigors of having to train people. He sometimes wondered if he had caused his teacher much stress.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 30th, 2004, 02:57:02 PM
"No... nothing too severe at least. Both Azhure and Marga are coming along in their studies slowly. I know it is difficult for them to not progress as fast as the others, but they realize it must be done. That does me proud but," she sighed, "My absence did not help."

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 30th, 2004, 05:15:54 PM
Wei shrugged. "Yeah. It's rough on a Padawan when they feel they've got no one to turn to."

Wei never lacked friends when he was still a learner, but he also realized not everyone had that. "I actually got to see Azhure a short while ago. We had a meal together."

Wei tapped on the table a bit as he collected his thoughts on the Padawan. "She's a sweet girl, but very closed off from everyone. I suppose she fears rejection because of her past, but she didn't really talk about that much."

A serving droid came by to take orders, and Wei ordered an apple juice for the moment. He would order food in a minute or two.

"So, where exactly did you go, Master? That is, if I am allowed to ask such a question."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:05:43 AM
Wei was quite correct in his assessment of Azhure, and because of the trust she had built with her Padawan, Navaria didn't divulge anymore information, nor continue with that subject.

The droid whistled at her expectanly, "Namana juice of course. I went to Bakura. The Prime Minister wanted to go over with me some ideas for a new housing project." Her voice lowered, a hint of sadness was detected," Also, to visit my mother's grave. I've neglected that for so long since I was granted a position within the Council."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:52:44 AM
Wei nodded. "I see. I remember Bakura. That was quite a trip. And I'm sure your mother understands how busy you are. Oh, and are the people of Bakura doing well since we went to help them."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 5th, 2004, 11:41:09 AM
Navaria narrowed her eyes, confused at Wei's words. He couldn't have possibly meant that her mother was alive. Wei knew that she had died... With a little reading of his emotions, she realized that he meant if her mother was alive today. Her former student just worded it a little oddly. "I know." Yet she tried hard to not think about Lise. Her heart always ached when she thought about her mother's death. "As for the populace. They are doing very well. They are almost back to where they were before the Empire took them over. Gaeriel and I are very pleased by this."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 5th, 2004, 02:47:10 PM
Wei chuckled. "Good job. Glad to hear they're on the up and up. You know, one of my Padawans and I will be helping a group with a project similar to the one we undertook on Bakura. A small tribe of peoples are trying to get a small spaceport built to ship their goods. Turns out something is getting in the way."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 5th, 2004, 02:49:47 PM
The droid had returned with their drinks, and Navaria sipped at hers while Wei explained his current situation. A curious brow was raised and the Knight put down her drink. "Oh? What seems to be the trouble?"

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 6th, 2004, 07:14:29 AM
"Not sure. Some beast or whatever keeps wrecking the place looking for food. So we're going to go figure out what it is that keeps wrecking the place and try to get it to go away."

Wei removed his glasses and wiped away a smudge that had formed there with his shirt.

"I figure it'll be a good test of Kyle's Force ability, and see how he handles situations in which he will have to make his own judgements."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 7th, 2004, 01:04:53 PM
She nodded with approval, "I think that is a fine test, Wei. Seems that you have falling into the role of mentor quite well. Is Kyle your first Padawan?"

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 7th, 2004, 01:28:39 PM
"In fact he is. And then Neyasha is my second, Telexia Xio is the third, and Hina Ameratsu is my fourth. Neyasha and Kyle are both diligent students."

Wei smiled. "Yes, I am very pleased with both of them."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 7th, 2004, 01:30:44 PM
She tried to not chuckle, but it couldn't be helped. "I'm sorry. You just sound like me before I left. Busy with lots of students, yet rewarding none the less."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 7th, 2004, 02:02:15 PM
A satisfied smile crept across the Knight's face as he leaned backwards in his seat to stretch.

"Indeed. I'm actually sort of glad for the busy schedule. It helps me keep my mind busy. But I must admit, I do miss being able to relax every once in a while. I'll have to try to find some of my old friends and try to arrange a time to spend with them."

Wei took a sip of his apple juice and swished it in his mouth a little before swallowing it down. "Wow that's refreshing. Very cold. I like it."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 7th, 2004, 02:17:10 PM
"I agree completely. We have to find some quiet time for ourselves for our own peace of mind. Even for a little while." She shrugged a little in response to Wei's reaction at his drink, "Perhaps I should try some next time, though, " she tapped at the side of the glass,"it would take a miracle to replace my namana juice."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 7th, 2004, 03:21:17 PM
Wei chuckled. "True. I don't think I've ever once seen you in here without a glass of your namana juice."

Wei stopped for a second and glanced at the glass. "What exactly is a namana, anyway? I know you can juice one, but what does it look like?"

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 9th, 2004, 10:42:39 PM
"Well, it's in the citrus family, though much sweeter then those types of fruits." She held up her hands and formed a circle which looked to be just a tad bigger then what a large orange would be. "It's about this big and has a sort of dusty yellow coloration to it."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 11th, 2004, 05:02:55 PM
Wei nodded. "I see now. Well that's cool. Do namana plants grow on Bakura?" He was curious to know where Nav had come across namana juice.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 14th, 2004, 01:00:24 PM
She nodded, "Yes. Namana fruit is one of Bakura's biggest exports. Oddly, they didn't carry it here in the bar and grill, but with some gentle pleading, I got it added to the menu."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 14th, 2004, 01:21:22 PM
"Gentle pleading with a lightsaber," Wei said with a silly grin. He was not being serious of course. He felt it was far beyond his teacher's capacity to be mean and vicious.

"I'm actually very surprised at the wide range of foods and drinks they serve here at Yog's. It never ceases to amaze me."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 14th, 2004, 01:26:48 PM
She laughed quite loudly at Wei's joke. Navaria always enjoyed his sense of humor."Well that is a wonderful by product of all the different races that come to the Temple seeking to be a Jedi. Of course, seeing as we are on Coruscant, there must have a wide variety of delicacies for all of the beings passing through here."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 14th, 2004, 02:53:20 PM
"Indeed. Too bad there aren't any trees on Coruscant. All the tall buildings, and the bright lights at night make it hard to see the stars."

Wei had been sipping at his drink throughout the conversation and suddenly found himself at the bottom of his glass. About the time Wei had looked up the serving droid had already returned to the table.

"Aren't you a diligent little droid? I'd like a refill on my juice and a plate of lo mein noodles please."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:00:59 PM
"Well, there are some areas that are protected. Like the small garden outside the Temple." She frowned, "Granted, ones like that, as well as the other small gardens found here, are man made."

She half smiled at the droid, "Yes they are around here. I will have enough refill as well, and order my usual fruit and cheese plate."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 15th, 2004, 07:38:41 AM
Wei shrugged. "Yeah. But the man made things don't count for me, you know? Sure it's plants and stuff, but those were made by human hands just like the buildings."

Wei shrugged again, dismissing the thought. "Goodness, but this place seems so less lively than it did back in the day. I remember having the Jedi social ball, and that one time we cleaned up...and this cat one time found it's way into the GJO quarters. Once I get all these Padawans trained up, I'm going on an adventure."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 17th, 2004, 09:24:44 PM
Navaria blinked, trying to follow Wei's train of thought. His thoughts darted around so quickly. "Slow down Wei. Clean up... a cat? What?" She chuckled lightly."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 18th, 2004, 04:49:07 PM
Wei's face turned red as he realized he had just left Nav behind.

"Oh, I'm just remembering all the fun I had as a Padawan is all. I was up late one night when I heard these sounds outside. So I checked to see what it was, and it was this enormous cat. Like a tiger or something. So me, Lion, Dios, and a few other guys ran around in the Living Quarters for almost the entire night trying to track it down so we could get it outside. It was fun."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:15:04 PM
"Well, that does sound like fun times." Navaria's eyes turned distant, "Do you miss your time being a Padawan?"

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:24:56 PM
Wei chuckled. "I do miss the community I had then. But I don't think I would want to go back to being a Padawan. I just feel so caught up in all of this..." Wei motioned with his hands as though he were working some sort of clay. "muck. Here I am teaching others to grow in the Force, and yet I feel like my growth has been minimal. I'm all business nowadays. It would be nice to do something for myself with some friends."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:30:17 PM
How did she understand his frustration. "Unfortunately, our positions offer little time for ourselves. It's part of the sacrifice that we make in order to serve our Order in different ways. But, the rewards out weight the dificulties, and I am glad that I can give my life to this wonderful opportunity." Navaria knew that her life was forfeit in a way. At least, until Dalethria had been defeated ... permanately.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:36:32 PM
"Yes, I know about the sacrifices. But do not Jedi also deserve a chance to rest? I often do not feel like I can do my best to be a Jedi when I feel like this."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 21st, 2004, 12:25:25 PM
"Have you done anything to relieve yourself of this stress at all?" She inquired gently.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 21st, 2004, 01:28:02 PM
Wei ran a hand through his hair and gave an exhausted sigh. "I make sure to get enough sleep when I can. But other than that, no I haven't. But I plan to in the near future. Do you have any suggestions, Teacher?"

He looked at her over the rims of his glasses, her image some what fuzzy around the edges.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 21st, 2004, 01:44:00 PM
She was surprised, but touched, when Wei called her teacher. "Such formality isn't needed any longer Wei. We are equals now. But, my suggestion is that you find time to meditate sometime during the day. I find that it helps me quite a great deal."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:48:43 PM
"Ok, then. I will make time to do that."

The droid returned with the food, and handed Navaria her fruit and cheese, and Wei his noodles.

"Eating time! I'm so hungry. Boy does this look good."

Wei shoveled a forkful into his mouth, chewed quickly, and swallowed. "And hot! I burnt my mouth on it. I guess I'll have to wait a while."

Wei gulped down some of his drink to try to cool his mouth off, and set to work healing his scalded tongue with the Force.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 22nd, 2004, 01:01:57 PM
She smiled inwardly, eating at her dish slowly, "Patience you must have." Navaria giggled and gave her former Padawan a wink, "Even with lunch."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 22nd, 2004, 02:05:07 PM
Wei laughed. "Yes, that is true. I just never expect food to be so hot I guess."

Wei blew on the lo mein to help cool it down before taking a smaller, more cautious bite. The temperature was getting to be better.

"Yes, that's more like it. So, we've talked about Padawans, Yog's, Namana fruit, and my stress problems. Anything you want to talk about, Nav?"

Calling his former teacher by a nickname felt strange to Wei, but he supposed he would have to get used to it. Besides, she had asked him to call her by her name.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 23rd, 2004, 09:16:23 AM
She thought about Wei's question for a moment, chewing the piece of fruit in her mouth slowly. Was there anything else to talk about? Her life was had been so chaotic lately that most things she should be talking about were too personal. Sanis for one. Where her relationship with the wayward smuggler was going, Navaria was uncertain and a little apprehensive that it could end.

Navaria swallowed her food and took a drink of her juice, "I'm not sure. As you said, a lot of our time is devoted to matters of state. Hard to think of small talk at times."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 23rd, 2004, 04:10:25 PM
Wei shrugged. "Doesn't have to be small talk if you don't want it to be."

The lo mein had cooled down now and the Knight was beginning to eat steadily.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 24th, 2004, 07:12:04 PM
She picked at grape, failing every attempt to spear it with her fork. "I'm sorry, Wei. It isn't that I don't want to talk to you." Navaria sighed sadly, "It's just that so much has happened recently with me. My mind is a bit cluttered. Hard to think at times. This happens to be one of them."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 26th, 2004, 11:59:40 AM
Wei nodded. "I understand."

He pointed at the rogue grape and used the Force to pin it down without squshing it. "Try getting it now."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 26th, 2004, 12:03:10 PM
Wei always knew how to make her smile when she really needed it. It was a gift he could bestow upon anyone. With ease, Navaria stabbed at the grape and held it up in victory to him. "Thanks. Couldn't have done it without you."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 26th, 2004, 03:42:08 PM
Wei gave the tiniest of salutes. "You're welcome. Far be it for a Jedi to let even the smallest disturbers of the peace to escape."

"We quished the grapes of wrath into jelly," he said.

The Jedi Knight had recently came upon a talent for punning, and had decided to abuse that talent ever so slightly.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 27th, 2004, 01:46:32 PM
"Ouch," Navaria visibly winced so bad, it looked as if she stubbed her toe underneath the table. "That was really bad Wei."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 27th, 2004, 01:59:56 PM
Wei smiled devilishly. "Of course it was. That's why I said it. But you got to admit, even though it was bad, it was pretty good."

Wei felt proud of himself. He had made a joke about food and alluded to a book all at once.

"You got any better jokes?"

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 27th, 2004, 02:03:41 PM
"Yes, it was both good and bad," she firmly nodded in agreement but then frowned. "Jokes? I really don't know jokes all that well." She picked up a slice of cheese and ripped it in half, "That's more Sanis' style then mine."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 27th, 2004, 03:19:24 PM
"Ah yes. Good old Sanis. Almost a contradiction in terms. How is he, anyway?"

Wei had spent little time getting to know the bounty hunter, but also knew he and Navaria were dating. Wei had also heard stories about Prent's work in the past.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 27th, 2004, 03:22:04 PM
"I have no idea where Sanis is." She said quietly and sadly. "He came to visit me and then ... nothing. Of course, that's how it's always between us. That hasn't changed."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 27th, 2004, 05:15:34 PM
Wei nodded. "I can only begin to imagine how you feel. It must be a big strain on you. Have you talked to him much about how you never get to see each other?"

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 27th, 2004, 05:54:13 PM
"No," she said emphatically. "I haven't had the chance. With everything that has happened between us, I'm surprised he still wants to be me." Navaria's thoughts often thought that they were doomed to fail as a couple. There were so many obstacles in the way because of her and she knew it drove Sanis crazy. She truly believed that he was too good for her most of the time... not the other way around.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 28th, 2004, 05:14:12 PM
Wei nodded. "And there is no way to get in touch with him? But if he still wants to be with you despite all this, it must be some testament to his feelings for you."

Wei smiled warmly and shrugged his shoulders. "But you know, if he loves you as much as I think he does, he will be more than willing to discuss this issue with you. Communication, understanding one another, and trying to enter the worlds of the other, that's what makes relationships successful."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 29th, 2004, 02:26:24 PM
She sighed, "That is the problem. He is difficult to contact at most times ... and because of that, I don't know where I stand." And it was frustrating. Sanis was gone more then ever now, probably a result of her condition. At the time, Navaria wasn't fully healed but she pressed upon Sanis that she was getting better. Not that her mind was healed, Navaria didn't have him around to share in the good news...

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 30th, 2004, 10:15:21 AM
Wei sighed. "I don't know what to tell you, Nav. I honestly don't. I'm sorry."

Wei assessed his own life. "Yeah. I know your pain. Ange has up and disappeared and no one knows where she went to. The authorities have presumed her to be dead. People won't quit calling...I'm thinking about moving out of our old room and finding different living arrangements in the Living Quarters."

Wei pushed up his glasses and swilred the last sip of his drink around in his cup. "I guess what I'm saying is to think positive, because it's not all lost yet. Things will get better eventually. If they didn't, I don't think the Jedi would still be around."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:29:55 AM
"You have nothing to be sorry for. It's me dilema." Navaria felt embarrassed for her reactions this night, especially when Wei spoke of Ange. "I should be the one apologizing. Your needs are just as important and I was being selfish." She frowned at herself, "I will just have to be patient."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:38:42 AM
Wei smiled and shrugged. "We all have our own sorrows that we must deal with sometimes. As long as we have people willing to share our burdens, we have nothing to be worried about. As long as we are not alone, we have no cause for despair or shame over our situations because we know we have help from people who care about us."

A small quiet laughter bubbled up from Wei's throat. "As long as we have friends, we can keep on laughing and smiling, no matter what."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:04:56 PM
"I know," her heart was still heavy, but Wei was right .. having friends indeed relieved the burden. "Seems that there are still constants in the universe. The student always has something to teach the master."

Wei Wu Wei
May 1st, 2004, 08:02:42 AM
"That's what I'm here for."

Wei had not touched his food since Nav had started talking about Sanis, and now his noodles were cold.

"Ah, I wasn't much interested in finishing them anyway."

The droid returned to the table and whistled. "Right on time. Can I get a to-go box for my noodles? Thanks."

Wei sipped down the last bit of his juice. "So, what's on your agenda for the rest of the day?"

Navaria Tarkin
May 1st, 2004, 06:28:50 PM
"You mean besides the usual?" Of course Wei did, "I wasn't really certain, but with our talk ... perhaps I need to give someone a call."

Wei Wu Wei
May 3rd, 2004, 07:31:35 AM
Wei nodded. "Good job. I'm thinking I'm going to start packing up what little I have, shipping what belongs to Ange back to her parents, and moving out."

Wei stood, and left enough money to pay for his meal and Navaria's.

"It was good to be able to talk again, Nav. Good luck with all your things, and I'll probably see you at Council in the near future."

Navaria Tarkin
May 3rd, 2004, 10:58:55 AM
"If you need any help with packing... I'll be happy to help, for whatever reason." Wei understood that it wasn't just the packing itseld she was offerering, but a friendly ear if he needed. "I have time between my meetings today just incase, otherwise, the Council Room as always."

Wei Wu Wei
May 4th, 2004, 09:20:13 AM
Wei nodded. "Thanks. I appreciate it. Well, off to work, eh?"

He tipped the droid, gave the bartender a friendly parting wave, and headed out the door.

Navaria Tarkin
May 4th, 2004, 03:18:38 PM
"Back to work it is. Thank you for treating me to lunch, Wei." There was no way to truly convey how grateful she was, but there was a bright smile on her face that gave a good indication.

Navaria left a small tip of her own and left the establishment only a few moments after Wei had departed.