PDA

View Full Version : I just want to clear up some misunderstanding...

Lady Vader
Mar 24th, 2004, 06:41:40 PM
After reading part of this thread http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34752 I realized ppl here don't exactly understand how TSO rules over it's planets.

I don't want to rule by fear. Yes, we can be harsh when it is called for, but I find that ruling with a strong arm yet with fairness and can produce more fruits than with fear. Fear will only lead the people into plotting against us. That'd be stupid.

Just for all the Sith here to know for the future, I'd like it to be known that TSO does NOT rule like Palpatine did, through fear and intimidation. And we don't even rule. We oversee and protect our assests.

It's bad business to be killing everyone and everything when it is directly tied to our profits and well-being.

I'm not upset or anything. Just bringing forth the true light, is all.

Ok, I'm done with my speech. *Gets off sopa box*

(On a side note, and with further reading of the thread, I noticed that Warlock is basically speaking of what I just said. I'm glad to see we're finally showing we're not all monsters. Carry on with the thread in the fashion you have started. I think it'll be fine. :) )

Damon the Shade
Mar 24th, 2004, 08:19:15 PM
We rule more like the old Sith Empire int he days before Bane basically is what your saying. we conquer planets but we run them diplomatically so that the people will work and give us there resources to aid are conquests. Then again i could be wrong.

Warlock
Mar 25th, 2004, 10:18:05 AM
Okay. We can just pass that off as a radical group on corellia, who are just idiots and like stirring up trouble ^_^

Rasha Vill
Mar 26th, 2004, 01:02:40 PM
I'm sorry if It came across that I said they were ruling with fear. I simply said that people were affrad of the Sith's reputation. And it doesn't matter that you arenot trying to rule with fear, if you have a frightning reputation, people will be afrade. As for the sith killings mentioned, those were RPed out by Southstar and Ida Knoe. I just symply alaborated with what they did.

The rules that were causing the troubles were put in place when Sith first took over Corellia, and were lost in the system after that. Most of TSO wouldn't even know that thouse rules were there. Does this help clear up some confusion?

Southstar
Mar 28th, 2004, 12:47:00 AM
I think that thread took place before political interest rose in TSO. I wasn't completely sure of how the planet was ruled and just made the assumption it was similar to the Empire under Palpatine. My apologies.

AmazonBabe
Mar 28th, 2004, 07:12:00 PM
No apologies are neccessary. :) I just wanted to clear the waters of confusion.

Playing it out like Warlock said is good. Just figure before TSO took over it was bad. After TSO came it was good... a bit more orderly, you might say.

Charley
Mar 29th, 2004, 09:46:23 AM
BOO :mad

BOOOOOOO

Lady Vader
Mar 29th, 2004, 03:56:55 PM
What? You'd rather play it as though we are tyrants?

I'm sorry, but I'm tired of that old feel. I want to try something new. Yes, we are feared, but being monsters won't get us as good results as though we were to be fair governers. It's bad for business to be rotten and scum-filled.

Perhaps you have an alternative that would appease everyone here, instead of just giving us a "boo"?

Darth Vader
Mar 29th, 2004, 04:29:55 PM
There are so many shades of evil. The direct, tyrannical approach is the best, easiest, and most classic.

You can also manipulate every aspect of the lives of people beneath you, so that they never even see the bars of the cage they're in. Even Luke didn't mind the Empire before things happened, because they manipulated life through multiple degrees. I'm not saying to crown yourself emperor or whatever, but I am saying that we've got to utterly dominate, and hell or high water, our will be done. None of this "letter of the law" or "fair minded" crap. We're Sith, not travelling judges in the Corellia system.

We really need to chlorinate the gene pool, IMO. Its high time that we start acting EVIL, not this Evil Lite that's been rotting away the "bad guy" groups here like a fungus.

Look at the Imperials. Look at Kuklos Ataxia, the Vamps, the Cabal/whatever.

The best way to start is at the fundamentals. We need to be choosy on who we get in this group. I don't want this place to be a revolving door. We need to make sure that the people we get in here have a spine, and can actually be evil. I want to smash every "I listen to Linkin Park" fool who thinks the dark side means "angst angst baby" and then dates a bitch of a Jedi Padawan. I WANT TO SMASH THEM WITH A CUDGEL BECAUSE THEY SHOULD DIE.

We can really really make this place into a born-again badass if we get in touch with the fundamentals, IMO.

Darth Viscera
Mar 29th, 2004, 05:45:48 PM
amen brother

Lady Vader
Apr 5th, 2004, 11:55:47 AM
OK, I can understand the evil bit.

Here's my take: I want to rule and be manipulating, but without the manipulated knowing they're being manipulated.

I'm trying to remember what you said in our AIM convo... something about letting them only have what they need and thinking they've earned it themselves when in reality we have given it to them because they did their job to ensure our wellbeing... or something to that effect. Carrot and the rabbit? I think that was the analogy you used...

Southstar
Apr 5th, 2004, 01:01:22 PM
A little trick Stalin did over in the Soviet Union was to make the people absolutely love him. Give them a sense of pride in the country that can only be achieved through him. While the people held parades for him ect., he sent a bunch of people to die at work camps and left the country in poverty while he spent the money on the military.

Point of story: Propaganda can make TSO out to be the best thing possible to happen to a planet. Like it was stated by Rasha Vill, people fear The Sith Order. I say we re-educate the people, block out the New Republic media and make the people happy, whether they like it or not.

Rasha Vill
Apr 5th, 2004, 01:02:47 PM
It also helps that you made it look like the sith no longer run the place completely. The people will see that as a step forward for them, but really they are just in the same spot they were before.

*Arms move as LV pulls the strings*

Yippy Brainwashing!!

Southstar
Apr 5th, 2004, 01:14:29 PM
Perhaps we could make it seem as if the Sith Order wasn't in complete control, but nothing could be possible without them. Have the TSO take on a figurehead role, in the eyes of the people of course.

Rasha Vill
Apr 5th, 2004, 01:16:33 PM
From my understnading TSO would still be in charge of defence of the member planets.

Southstar
Apr 5th, 2004, 01:27:54 PM
If TSO had control of the media, whether the public knew or not, we could make the New Republic out to be the aggressor, the real bad guy. This would make TSO out to be the hero of the day wouldn't it. It's all about the propaganda and brainwashing.

Off topic question: I've noticed TSO has quite a few planets they're controlling, a little empire of their own. Is there a name for this conglomoration of planets?

Lady Vader
Apr 5th, 2004, 03:19:23 PM
Nah, it's just under the Sith Order flag. I don't feel an actual name for this "empire" is needed.

Lady Vader
Apr 5th, 2004, 05:00:35 PM
After further thinking... Charley, you're right. We need to get back into the raw evil powers that we once were.

I still want to place it under the guise of manipulation without them knowing they're being manipulated.

Dasq... I think this is a good time as any to finish with the face-lift and revamp of TSO.

Let's give this place a new look, a new feel... and add a renewed fear in this galaxy. >D