PDA

View Full Version : Here is your chance!

TheHolo.Net
Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:06:27 PM
Yu can tell me to get lost or wish me luck, its really up to you. Either way it won't be held against you........this time. ;)

I have a job interview coming up on thursday and am quite excited about the opportunity.

The position: Network Administrator (Junior NA really)
The Place: Media News Group - Denver Colorado
The Environment: 100 Servers, 85 users, 12 laptop users - Win2K Domain(s), Exchange 2003 email, Unknown (forgot to ask) platform Web pressence, and helping manage in total 85 Win2K domains - mostly outsourcing for other companies, including the Denver newspaper, and several radio stations.

The department I would be working in currently only consists of three people, all of whom have had their positions for a very long time. I was told lay off possibilities are pretty much non-existent and that job security is high, as they are really quite understaffed in the department.

I hope to get this job, it sound like a failry cool grou of IT people and like its managed well with their current staff, so it shouldn't be a nightmare to walk into if I get the position.

So lets hear it, the floor is yours, even if its unrelated. Just don't expect me to do any work in this topic as a site admin. I'm a bit too busy for that right now. :p

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:11:00 PM
The position: Network Administrator (Junior NA really)
The Place: Media News Group - Denver Colorado
The Environment: 100 Servers, 85 users, 12 laptop users - Win2K Domain(s), Exchange 2003 email, Unknown (forgot to ask) platform Web pressence, and helping manage in total 85 Win2K domains - mostly outsourcing for other companies, including the Denver newspaper, and several radio stations.

I havent a clue as to what any of that is, but it sounds right up your alley!! Good luck, Big Green!! *crosses fingers* :)

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:16:17 PM
Exchange 2003 email,

I pity you if you do get the position. exchange is great while it works.

Dont call me when it explodes. I dont want to see another Jet_errPointercorrupt error ever again

Lady Vader
Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:21:32 PM
Good luck, Mr. Green! You'll do just fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. :)

*Gives him a flower.*

TheHolo.Net
Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:22:21 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
I pity you if you do get the position. exchange is great while it works.

Dont call me when it explodes. I dont want to see another Jet_errPointercorrupt error ever again I've seen a few corrupt DB errors in my time around here, but MySQL and Exchange are two very different animals. Did I empasize very?

Jason Dreggs
Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:27:38 PM
good luck big green.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:31:13 PM
I really hope you bag this. You've been hunting for a job for... forever?

TheHolo.Net
Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:32:42 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
I really hope you bag this. You've been hunting for a job for... forever? Three years, forever, same thing, yeah.

And thanks for the well wishes gang! :D

Positive thoughts go a long ways in my book.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:41:33 PM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
I've seen a few corrupt DB errors in my time around here, but MySQL and Exchange are two very different animals. Did I empasize very?

And that's why you get wished luck if you do face exchange. It's a bloody nightmare to recover. Make sure offline backups are excellent else you'll face total data loss.

and thinking of data losss....

Good luck network admins with the latest Netsky / Bagle outbreaks! They use a security flaw in Outlook to not require the email to be opened. And it's spreadign faster thn other outbreaks.

Have fun -_-

Mu Satach
Mar 24th, 2004, 12:16:46 AM
Good Luck on the job interview.!!!

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 24th, 2004, 07:34:26 AM
-waves the little GO GREEN flag- :D

Alpha
Mar 24th, 2004, 07:56:05 AM
Good luck Big Green! :) This job sounds like something suited for ya! :D

Pierce Tondry
Mar 24th, 2004, 08:15:15 AM
wtf.

How did I miss this? Ugh. Someone fix my eyes plz.

GOOD LUCK, Ogre. I wish you the best!

Droo
Mar 24th, 2004, 08:22:04 AM
If you can keep this asylum in order then a little News Media Group should be a piece of cake. Best of luck to you. :)

ReaperFett
Mar 24th, 2004, 09:16:49 AM
Good luck! Two tips:

1 - If you're nervous and have to stand up, raise your legs slightly on occasions. I suggest this because if you then get nervous and your legs shake, you can lift, and noone will notice. I did that in a presentation I had to do last week, got an equivellent A and was cognratulated by lecturer and students (Both marked, we got feedback on a copied page) for my confidence :D

2 - Even if you were just joking around in a friendly fashion just before, do NOT answer the question with how you'd deal with problems in the system with "Go on a gun rampage". I know someone who said similar to this recently. Didn't get the job, strangely :)

Good luck! :D

Alana Stormcloud
Mar 24th, 2004, 09:44:17 AM
Good luck :)

imported_Taja Loraan
Mar 24th, 2004, 09:48:09 AM
Go you. =]

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 24th, 2004, 10:13:06 AM
Many congrants, and good luck and such! :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 24th, 2004, 11:18:59 AM
Good luck!! :D

imported_Firebird1
Mar 24th, 2004, 11:55:55 AM
I hope it works out for ya!

Now if I could find a job like that I'd be over there in a second.

*Cries because Wichita has the same ammount of IT jobs that it had last year...*

Good luck dude!

DarthHERA
Mar 24th, 2004, 01:16:56 PM
Go get 'em Oges!

I really hope you get this. I'll be cheering for you up here in YVR.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 24th, 2004, 06:06:13 PM
Our very own Forums Diety off to find work. Good luck man. Sounds like you've found quite a job.

Dae Jinn
Mar 24th, 2004, 06:35:20 PM
Yay! Go Ogre! :) Good luck!

Zasz Grimm
Mar 24th, 2004, 07:03:44 PM
good luck. you = teh wizard.

imported_Eve
Mar 24th, 2004, 07:10:54 PM
You deserve this. You're totally qualified. I wish you the best.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 26th, 2004, 05:13:08 PM
The interview went pretty good, but it wasn't a home-run, since I wasn't hired right on the spot. Now its waiting game time, and the hiring manager said they would make their choice late next week.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 26th, 2004, 07:39:44 PM
Buckle tight, man! No worries here. They just have to take some time off to sit back and realize that they weren't dreaming when they interviewed you and that you really are the greatest and that they'll never find another employee like you in their entire life times and that yes, you did in fact apply to work at their company.

So, once they pinch themselves and realize they're not dreaming, I'm sure they'll call you up and ask you when you can start work.

Droo
Mar 26th, 2004, 08:21:27 PM
...slurp.

:mischief