PDA

View Full Version : Sorting out a small problem

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 23rd, 2004, 04:49:47 AM
"reversion to real space coming up. Hold on..."

The gloved hand reached out and then pulled back on a lever. Teh dull thunder of the hyperdrive cut out, to be replaced by the higher pitched sub-light motors. The planet raced from a pinprick, to a huge orb in a blink, the spacecraft dropping out of hyperspace and into the local shipping lanes. The planet itself was nothing remarkable, the fourth planet of a sun that was far, far away from Coruscant - and, if anyone knew, the planet Trilith from where this craft had come.

"This that it?"

"Yes... that's it. Arcan IV. Home to steel, dirt and not much else"

"Lovely" said a female voice from outside the cabin. "That's my senate seat"

"Still doesnt make it more than a craphole" replied the pilot, the expression on his face unreadable.

"It was your home, Marcus. Your a hero there. If there is one place in the Galaxy safe for any of us, it's there"

"Yeah.. I know" Marcus Elessar, Jedi Master of The Lost Jedi said, tapping a control surface with one gloved hand. "it's just.... I dont know. Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Trust me"

"Where have I learned never to trust a Sindarian?" Marcus replied, his face breaking into a lop-sided grin.

"Same place I learned not to trust a Numenorian"

Marcus replied with a rude gesture, the laughter being the reply. He was about to say somethign when the comm broke in.

"Starcraft, identify yourselves"

"Arcan Control, transponder is on. Dont waste my frelling time. If you idiots dont recognise those codes, The Senator will personally disembowl you. Now, give me clearence or I will join her"

There was somethign that sounded like laugher on the other end. "Identity confirmed. You may proceed at will Starcraft Razor. Welcome back, General"

"Yeah, frell you too" Marcus said, slapping the off button.

Quay'Na Rakai
Mar 23rd, 2004, 05:01:35 AM
Quay'Na Rakai, new Lost Padawan to Marcus Elessar had been standing nearby quietly, watching the starlines and dying to get her hands on those control panels. Being a marked pilot, it had been sometime since she had had the opportunity to fly, the last time had been way before she had met up with Anthony.

The Padawan had not been to Arcan IV before, so it was quite interesting. When she joined her master in the cockpit, a conversation had been going on and she only caught a bit of it, but what she caught had sounded quite important.

She finally spoke up. "Master, if I may ask. What was the comm talk about earlier? It sounded important."

Xazor Elessar
Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:04:34 AM
This was a lonely trip, a very lonely trip. There were things going on that Xazor was unaware of, and even more that she wished she had no part in. Her eyes closed as she leaned her head against the wall beside her seat. It had always been wonderful to take trips in Razor, a ship that the young woman had grown to love. She had taken many personal journeys on this craft, but this one -- it was going to be one that would effect the rest of her life, for better or worse.

It had been a long time since the Knight had set foot on Arcan. Ever since the Order moved to Coruscant, she had been missing the place she first came to seeking the Jedi Order. The forests and grasses that she loved would all be reminders of everything that she had once been, or could have been. Now she was a fugitive, a true Lost Jedi, running from everyone. Sighing to herself, the Garou was just about to drift off into a light meditation when the ship suddenly jarred out of hyperspace. Marcus's voice and laughter filled the cockpit and Xazor knew where they were.

Soon after the conversation ceased, the young woman glanced out the window to catch sight of a place she had not seen in so long. Too long, in fact. Though many did not like Arcan IV, the Knight viewed it on better terms than Coruscant. It was no doubt, she loved the city, but her roots called to her -- her roots as a Jedi. Now she was not sure whether this was a good thing or not, returning there. So many mistakes had been made, so many things transpired that brought her to this very point. And now she sat behind Marcus and the others, listening to their laughter and joking. Internally, a storm brewed as questions circled her mind and strangled her peace.

"It's been a while." Xazor touched Marcus's mind gently through the Life Bond, the thoughts seemed to be his own as the ship neared the planet. "It was a long flight." She commented dryly, attempting to create any conversation between them that would give her a hint as to what they were going to do first.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 23rd, 2004, 04:43:11 PM
Marcus opaused, seemed to be in thought, before replying.

"It's identification. You can fake so many things, but one thing you cant fake is attitude. The airspace controllers know this craft by sight and they know whom should be on it - the verbal byplay is what they expect as well. It tells them the General is indeed at the controls. They also know that the General heads the senator's security, so they now know she's coming. It's like a passcode"

Been far too long, Xaz. It's good to be back

He reached up and touched a few buttons, activating flight surfaces for the drop into the atmosphere.

"A few years ago, I was disguised as General Tohmahawk and came here investigating a fleet gone missing. Ended up in a hell of a fight and the corrupt government was overthrown. I and Jyanis Scropion got made heros and such. The Jedi came here and made it their home for a while. Helenias was up to her neck in it too. So basically, they owe their freedom to us whom are in this craft. Hang on, coming up onto the atmosphere boundary - could be in for a bit of chop!"

The control stick mioved and Razor went into a barrel roll, divng hard into the atmosphere. The craft began to bump and rattle as it dropped - it was also quite clear the pilot was just a little bit skilled - he was highly skilled and also waaaaaaaay insane.

Quay'Na Rakai
Mar 23rd, 2004, 07:36:18 PM
Quay'Na listened to Marcus' answer and nodded.

The Padawan cringed slightly as she felt the barrel roll, she loved flying normally, but lately it had begun not to agree with her. Deep down, Quay was a daredevil when it came to flying and one day would own her own ship and do all the modifications on it herself, but for now...

Her thoughts were counteracted by the ships sudden drop into the atmosphere, along with her stomach. For a moment, she thought she was going to lose her breakfast. Quay closed her eyes and took a deep breath, she concentrated on the Force to ease the sick feeling within her, but brushed against the cause of this ailment.

The tinge was right there, within her. Quay sighed sickly and took her attentions back to her master as she attempted to ignore the ailing in her stomach.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 24th, 2004, 06:25:31 AM
He reached over and out on a set of sunshades - just before the ship burst over the line of the dawn and the sun came into view. the wing surfaces were glowing a dull red as the craft slowed it's hetic rush, but then flipped into a stomach churning corkscrew down.

"MARCUS!!!!!"

"Oops" he said, breaking Razor out of it's manouver. "I forgot. Baby on board"

The starship continued to decend, somewhat more discreetly this time, until it was subsonic and flying towards Arcan City. Even if there was a 2 week old infant on the ship, he still was dangerously low, skimming the trees as he approached from the south.

"Arcan Control, request clearence for landing"

"Razor, you are cleared for platform A-1 and have priority right of way"

"A-1?" Marcus mused. "That'll be the Governor's own platform. well. we are moving up in the world"

Xazor Elessar
Mar 24th, 2004, 08:07:53 AM
"You could say that again." Xazor had to stifle a bit of a laugh at Marcus's antics. He always loved to show off his flying abilities and the fact that he could basically get anywhere he wanted. He was a modest man, though, and Xazor was grateful that he decided to take this endeavor in the first place.

The Knight's eyes moved out the window as she pondered over what she would like to do first here, on a planet that had been her home for so long. She sighed to herself and looked up at Quay, who appeared a bit green from the acrobatic flying. The Knight laughed slightly and shook her head, noting that despite her hard appearance, she too was not feeling completely well after that.

"This should be a grand arrival. Let's just hope they don't have a troop of NR officials there waiting to arrest me." The Garou rolled her eyes, but deep within her, she was afraid. "What if this does not go smoothly and they do turn on us? What if in secret they arrest me and take me far from you?" The words entered Marcus's mind as soon as they landed upon the platform. Worry was laced through Xazor's voice in his mind, and he knew these were not the only concerns she had.

Helenias Evenstar
Mar 25th, 2004, 04:52:43 AM
Up to now, Marcus' insane flying never really bothered me. Sometimes, his antics were rather amusing, especially his tendancy for loud and dangerous takeoffs. But with a protesting 2 week old baby, I was drawing a line this time. "Ssshhh... it'll be okay Arwen" I said, trying to settle my daughter down. She wasn't really liking space travel at all. In fact, she seemed to rather dislike a lot of things, except for peace and quiet. Trilith had both of those things in spades.

I wonder if the birth has left an imprint on her?

It was true Jina had an incredible ability to sense, driven by her upbringing. No one really knew anything about Jedi children, so I was on my own on this one.

Eventually, I noted the speed change and the whine of air brakes - clearly, landing was coming up. Deciding to make my presence known in the control deck (Just in case Marcus decided a fancy landing), I left arwen in the makeshift cot, got onto my crutches and limped up to the control room.

Xazor was in there, as was Quay. I caught what Xazor said.

"No, I would not worry this time. Your are travelling with me, as part of my enterage for one, but more than that, I contacted the Governor before we left Trilith. He is to be trusted - there will be no welcome committee coming to arrest you. If they do, they would be in turn arrested. You have been granted refuge and...."

"Now now, dont tell her everything" Marcus said, eyes on the controls for landing.

"Let's just say your troubles with the NR and the Jedi are going to be over - I came up with a rather good way to turn the laws back to our advantage and the Government here is going to help us willingly". I explained. "I'll explain when we see Ramjet, the Governor. He's the one that must bestow this on you"

Typhoon
Mar 26th, 2004, 12:49:42 AM
On the planet below.....

"Get out of here you freak!"

"Now now, dont be maaaaaadddddddd - ouch!"

The toaster bounced off his head, missing narrowily a black cat that mewed in protest.

"Ouch! That hurt!"

"We'll do more hurt to you if you dont get out of here you freak! Go on, get out!"

"Sheesh, some people just dont appreciate good help this days" mumbled the man, picking himself up off the dusty road. He stood up and reveled himself to be quite tall and thin, dressed ina red coat. Spiked blonde hair - quite youthful looking really. He picked up his bag, slung it over his shoulder. Before he walked off, he put a set of strange sunshades on. "Ahh, back on the road again."

He had been here at Arcan for long enough. It really was time to look for Love and Peace elsewhere.

Quay'Na Rakai
Mar 27th, 2004, 06:10:59 AM
Quay'na listened carefully to Helenias and Xazor, she had learned of Xazor's predicament through Marcus not too long ago.

She felt bad for the Garou having to be in hiding all this time, unable to show her face to anyone, but them. It would be quite something to be able to see her be able to go out without worry of being caught and placed in confinement.

Quay had a feeling that this trip was going to be quite interesting, but at that moment she didn't have time to think about it as her stomach lurched. "Excuse me..." She mumbled and took off out of the cockpit.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 27th, 2004, 10:09:34 PM
He noted quay's leaving the control deck, with a bit of a grin he hid from everyone else. It was one of those quiet joys he had, frightening anyone who were new to his flying and his ship. While a lot claimed to be able to fly, Marcus was truly one of the best - he used to race semi - professional many years ago.

But he could also fly with precision if he wanted to, as the landing showed. Not a bump as the gear touched the landing platform, only the compressors and turbines beginning to wind down was the sign they had ceased to move.

"All out. And someone find how Quay is?"

His hands flicked the craft to standby mode. Long years had taught him to be ready to escape in a moment's notice. The ship's mind acknowledged, keeping power to the turbines. It meant a hot re-fuelling, but again, theis ship was designed for fast turn around after landing.

"Control, request power cell refill and also hydroxide fill"

"On the way out to you"

He waited another monet as the tender vehicle crossed the field, before getting up. The others would be already outside, so this would not be seen by them - not even Xazor knew of this. No one else had seen it and he wasn't about to begin to do so.

He went to the cabin he and Helenias shared (now wit a cot.... how things had changed in a week!) and stripped off his old travelling clothes. He looked in the mirror, closed his eyes and concentrated.

nneeeeeghhhAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Flesh seemed to melt. Bones moved. Hair retreated and changed colour. His face became clean shaven. He seemed to become taller too. Gasping as he seemed to become solid again, he opened his eyes, panting from the effort and also the agony of transformation.

And staring back at him was the face of General Tohmahawk as it had been the day he had come to Arcan IV for the first time.

If only they knew... If only I knew how this came to be. It might go a long way to explain how I'm so good at Telekinesis

But that was a question to be answered some other day. Right now, he had to get dressed.

--

Outside, it was a quite a fine and warm day. Not too hot with a breeze. The others were outside waiting - and were rather surprised to see whom walked out of the craft. Military right down to the spit shined boots.

"well? what are you Jedi staring at?" snapped the voice of Tohamahawk. "Did you think I was going to see an old friend dressed like a slob?"

Even Helenias seemed to be disturbed.

"Just remember Marcus doesnt exist" he said, turning to walk in the direction of the governor's palace.

Helenias Evenstar
Mar 28th, 2004, 07:13:42 AM
"My God, how does he do that?" I asked quietly, more to myself than to anyone else. I had seen the change once and it grossed me out.

The night I conceived Arwen

It seemed like a life time ago now. I was now on crutches, Arwen in Xazor's arms. I was still looking very second hand and weak, recovering from the events of the Medical Centre. Quay, she was still recovering too. While she was no longer my Padawan, she was a very good friend, for what she had done.

"Over there - Roger Ram'jet, Arcan Governor. Come to meet us personally" I said. I began to move forward, flanked by Marcus (as Tohmahawk), Quay and Xazor.

"Lady Evenstar! When we heard of what happened, we feared the worst!" exclaimed the Governor. "It does me no end of good to see you alive! Thank the Force!"

"Thank you Roger" I replied, genuinely pleased to hear his words. "May I present these beings to you?"

"Certainly! General, good to see you again"

"Yeah"

"Hmmm, one day you might break into a smile and shock us. So, whom have I the honour of greeting as well?"

I shook my head, laughing quietly at the grumpy act Marcus/Tohmahawk was putting on. I knew quite well he liked the man in front of us. "Governor, It pleases me to introduce Quay Na'Rakai, Padawan and my daughters, Arwen and also I believe you know Xazor Elessar"

"Indeed I do. Madam Jedi, I welcome you here. Your baby is truly beautiful, Lady Evenstar. So, which one are we to speak of...?"

I nodded at Xazor. "Can you help?"

"Let us go into my residence. I have the arrangements"

Quay'Na Rakai
Mar 30th, 2004, 05:10:31 PM
Quay'Na was still half ill, but managed to emerge from the ship as needed. She was more than glad to be on stable ground and she knew her duty, ill or not.

She walked beside her master. Still thrown by the likes of his transformation.

Quay'Na gave a silent bow of greeting to the governor. She silently begged herself not to get sick again.

Why was it called morning sickness, it wasn't morning...well perhaps somewhere, but it didn't matter, Quay could be sick anytime. She was pathetic.