PDA

View Full Version : Spain Bombins thread

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 22nd, 2004, 11:49:46 PM
Who put a warning on it? Just curious I can't find anything bad in that thread I mean sure its debate but so far nobody is calling each other names or anything. Heck I have seen worst threads that never got a warning. I just don't see a problem. I think its a healthy thing to disagree.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 23rd, 2004, 12:01:26 AM
I did. When the swear censor goes off it is a mod's duty to warn the thread. Second offense, thread closed.

If the censored word is removed by the poster, then the warning is cleared. SW mods had posted and done nothing, so I just did it.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 23rd, 2004, 12:12:48 AM
Well I didn't notice swear words unless its the f word or something fly by me I am so used to hearing them now on TV and at work and stuff that it doesn't register. Plus I only scanned the last few entries of the thread. Also my problem with the swear thing is the warning really hurts the thread. Its not the person who started its fault if somebody swears in the thread. So if this person does it again what happens? I know with Dizzy somebody was deleting posts.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 23rd, 2004, 12:18:17 AM
The thread gets closed. This is not a new policy, and in fact, you've asked about it before. :)

When the censor goes off (you'll see CENSOR in the thread, not the word) or if someone circumvents it (i.e. @$$hole) the thread gets warned, second offense in same thread (not necesarily by the same person) thread gets closed.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 23rd, 2004, 01:11:04 AM
I don't think that is fair somebody starts a thread some idiot swears why should that thread get closed because of some other fools actions. Personally I am more for deleting the offenders posts it works, IMO. I pretty certain somebody did it with Dizzy.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 23rd, 2004, 01:15:33 AM
Well, I am only telling you what board policy is and has been for quite some time. If you don't want to uphold board policy...

CMJ
Mar 23rd, 2004, 01:21:25 AM
I wasn't really reading the thread - prolly explains why I didn't notice anything. :cool

TheHolo.Net
Mar 23rd, 2004, 10:17:09 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
The thread gets closed. This is not a new policy, and in fact, you've asked about it before. :)

When the censor goes off (you'll see CENSOR in the thread, not the word) or if someone circumvents it (i.e. @$$hole) the thread gets warned, second offense in same thread (not necesarily by the same person) thread gets closed. This is stated FAQ policy.
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
I don't think that is fair somebody starts a thread some idiot swears why should that thread get closed because of some other fools actions. Personally I am more for deleting the offenders posts it works, IMO. I pretty certain somebody did it with Dizzy. Call it forced peer pressure to adhere to the policies put forth in the FAQ. Someone doesn't want their thread closed then they better track down the perp responsible for the warning and let them know whats up.

Since this policy's inception nearly a year ago, swearing and setting off the swear filter has, overall, gone down considerably.