PDA

View Full Version : New RPing Moderator

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 22nd, 2004, 10:32:14 PM
I need another one.

I say *I* need one, because I seem to be the only RPing mod who's ever online, and I am not on every day either. When Taylor went MIA I asked if we would be replacing him or supplementing, Ogre you said no on the grounds that Charley, Nav and I had it covered and Taylor would be back eventually.

Taylor is not going to be back any time soon, Nav is too busy with school and work and stuff to really help out, and Charley got cut.

This leaves.... me!

I need help, I'm overwhelmed. 'Nuther moderator please! I nominate Morgan.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 23rd, 2004, 10:45:39 AM
Sorry LD... I am trying to be around more often considering my pharmacy school applications bit the dust =(

<sigh>

School doesnt mean much now :lol

But even still.. another Moderator might be a good idea. LD shouldnt have to do it on her own.

edit - oh yeah, kinda forgot.. this post implies my active Moding duty will increase.. funny how I just found out today.

Is still depressed tho :(

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:56:48 AM
*hug* We should bring it back up to four moderators.

Cut Taylor, and add two more to help out me and Navaria. In my opinion. :)

ReaperFett
Mar 23rd, 2004, 12:26:09 PM
Do we need to cut Taylor?

Also, haven't there been problems with Morg before mod-wise?

For others, I would say Rie, but she isn't on that much. Figrin would be good, maybe upgrade Jenny?

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 23rd, 2004, 12:49:11 PM
I think Fig is a good choice too.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 23rd, 2004, 01:02:03 PM
Jenny needs an upgrade? That is mean :p

Question is would Fig want to be a mod with all this wonderful pressure hehe

ReaperFett
Mar 23rd, 2004, 01:05:32 PM
Originally posted by Navaria Tarkin
Jenny needs an upgrade? That is mean :p

I see it as a good to thing to regularly patch your mods ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 23rd, 2004, 02:12:01 PM
Figrin does not want to be a mod, I already chatted with him about this yesterday. It took a conversation with Morgan for me to realize that I am the only RPing mod who is on with any regularity. I was dealing with the planetary dispute and I offhandedly said "Why isn't another RPing mod online when *I* am!?" and he said "Well...that's because you *are* the only RPing mod."

Taylor needs to be cut. He hasn't been around for months. He won't be around for months. In the meantime, RPing could be running amuck for all I know, I can't read every single thread, but I do my best.

Jenny would be a great choice, but on the other hand, Jenny...do you think you could do it? You already RP at three boards and are committed to a bazillion characters...?

And I think Morgan would be a good choice. He's blunt, which is good, sort of a pre-dive-off-the-deep-end Charley, and he's been a lot better about insulting people lately, in case anyone noticed. GJO works a lot better than it used to, and I think he'd be a good RPing mod. Plus he knows a bit more than I do about fleeting, and we need someone with that information.

Rie - no. Love her, but she has no rationality when it comes to things near and dear to her. I.E. her sister and TSO.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 23rd, 2004, 02:28:25 PM
Morgan is way better then he used to be :) Love him to death too, but man, he was very blunt and can still be, but not like before. Plus we need help with fleets :cry I don't know a damn thing about them.

Jenny - My thoughts are the same as LD's

Rie - Hate to agree but yes... you are right.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 23rd, 2004, 02:34:53 PM
Jenny would be a great choice, but on the other hand, Jenny...do you think you could do it? You already RP at three boards and are committed to a bazillion characters...?

well, I've been cutting down. I don't do as much posting as I used to because I don't have as much to post to, not because I'm heavily committed at SWRPG. I do spend most of my time just lurking here and I wouldn't mind doing it - but its your call in the end :)

Shame about Fig :\

imported_Eve
Mar 23rd, 2004, 06:49:13 PM
I agree she needs more help.

No, Taylor is gone, but I would like that he always had a spot here should he come back. Maybe your second nod could be fill-in status?

I would say no to Morg.

Fig doesn't want to. Right?

I'd say Hera, but I don't know if she would want to. If she would, I'd nominate her. She has done well at GJO. Is she a mod or just council member, or is it the same? I don't pay attention.

Daiq has expressed interest in RP moding and has shown she is level headed about things. She is around alot too. I think she keeps up on storyline, but fleet info I dunno. She has been around for a long time. She has initiated some things, like the welcome thread in OOC.

Jenny is good for all the reasons stated.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 23rd, 2004, 06:51:39 PM
Hera be both a mod and on the Council. Being a Council Member doesnt necessarily mean your a Mod :) Tho.. there are quite a few that are.

In general tho... whoever gets the job we really need someone with fleet knowledge .. we be lacking in it.

imported_Eve
Mar 23rd, 2004, 06:56:38 PM
Does Jenny have fleet knowledge? If so, then she would be one everyone agrees on so far?

imported_Eve
Mar 23rd, 2004, 06:58:06 PM
Oh yeah, what about Brian? He used to RP mod right? Lost his status due to inactivity (due to non computer), but he's around lots now and has fleet knowledge right?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 23rd, 2004, 07:54:54 PM
Eve - why no on Morg?

Daiq - she's great, but tends to get flustered easily.

And as far as Brian coming back...I don't see that working out. Also, if Brian got cut due to inactivity, I don't see why Tayor should be kept on.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 23rd, 2004, 08:33:58 PM
He actually quit himself methinks, wasnt let go. Not sure on that :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 23rd, 2004, 08:38:18 PM
I nominate Gav Mortis as well as Morgan Evanar.

imported_Eve
Mar 23rd, 2004, 08:39:47 PM
I said no to Morg b/c his temper. HOWEVER, he knows himself best, and before he's declined such things b/c he knows he gets mad at people's stupidity. So, I SHOULD say, if Morg thinks he can handle it, I trust him to. He knows himself well enough to know whether he feels like containing himself to that extent. He will tell us no if he doesn't want to put up with it. We all learned from Charley's mistakes, and he knows that won't be tolerated.

Daiq - Sorry, when did she get flustered? I really don't cruise the entire forum. Did something happen?

Why not Brian? Why wouldn't it work?

And I'm with you on cut for inactivity. We should be consistent. Back then, we didn't know when Brian was coming back, and we don't know for Taylor either.

Again, does Jenny have fleet knowledge?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 23rd, 2004, 08:45:17 PM
I don't know you'd have to ask her.

Brian did quit..or say he should quit, and Ogre took him up on it.

imported_Eve
Mar 23rd, 2004, 08:49:03 PM
Is fleet knowledge a requirement?

Again, when did Daiq get flustered?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 23rd, 2004, 08:50:36 PM
I don't have a specific incident to link to, okay? I think this discussion should wait for Ogre to take a look at the situation.

imported_Eve
Mar 23rd, 2004, 08:53:56 PM
I think its great to evaluate the choices, but don't say something like that if you don't or can't back it up.

Are we to stop discussing this now? Ogre will come along.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 23rd, 2004, 08:58:39 PM
Merely expressing an opinion, Eve.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 23rd, 2004, 09:28:07 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Brian did quit..or say he should quit, and Ogre took him up on it. This is how it happened if I recall correctly.

As far as what has been discussed here so far, here are some of my observations/recommendations:

Jenny - Promo'd to full RP mod - definately

As for another mod:

Morgan - I don't really think he has the right temperment for the position. He lacks patience with people who just don't "get it" It being whatever position he is discussing. As Eve said though, I think Morg knows this. I'm not saying he isn't around enough and doesn't know his stuff, because he most certianly is and does, but it does take a certain measure of patience and a demeanor that does come off as willing to hear all sides of a situation.

Brian - Might could fill the spot. Has experiance with it, and is pretty active, but I'm not sure if I am he only one who has noticed it or not, but he has been a little too "preachy" and I dunno, I kind of get the impression that he wants to be a mod again and is trying to act the part in his "preachy" little speils, wanting to be a mod and actively campaigning to be one are two different things in my book. I'd rather have someone who wants to do it, but isn't "expecting" it. He's a good guy and all, but I just get a strange feeling about him as a mod choice.

Figrin - Would be a great choice, but if he doesn't want the spot he won't be made to have it.

Hera - She would be a good choice, but I think she already has enough to do with SFF and GJO with her semi-limited online time.

Daiq - I can't think of any reason to say no to this idea, though I would like to see a more "pro fleet" type choice. Which, brings me to my two suggestions to mull over, besides the other recommendation I already saw.

Gav - I have nothing against his getting the nod. He would be good for the job and is skilled with fleet style RPs.

My suggestions:

s'Ilancy
Darth Viscera

I think Visc would be quite the curveball and his becoming a mod could maybe help him get back into the full swing of RPing, which in turn could help get some of our inactive fleeters off their tails and making some cool mass RPs.

s'Il isn't quite as knowledgable as far as fleets go, but is very pro Imperial. Something we had in Taylor as a mod.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 23rd, 2004, 09:37:29 PM
I think the best thing to do is decide on who we think is best as a whole, and back ups .. why? Once we decide on someone, best to talk to them.. because if we get our hopes up and they say no... well, that would suck :)

Fleet is a big factor since we need to fill in those gaps...I don't have any suggestions to add except who would be good choices based on fleet knowledge.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 23rd, 2004, 09:57:07 PM
Visc would be a great choice.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:15:50 PM
I am very keen on my Visc suggestion.

I think he is logical, and also fair minded enough to take both sides of a dispute and weigh them accordingly, and then be able to present his findings in a clear, rational, and sensible manner.

I have had some discussions with visc not too long ago regarding his staff status with the Imp forums and we did disagree on some points, but through the entire discussion, he kept himself well composed, which with my mood at the time, I was stressed from taking and studying for other certificatiob tests, is no simple task.

His demeanor impressed me greatly and earned another notch of my respect for him, besides those he had earned from me in the past with his inovative ideas and hard working ethics when he was still pretty green around here and shook up the whole fleeting worlkd when we had one that was more than they are now.

I have already approached him to see if he would be willing to become a mod, and let him know that it was not a "for sure" thing yet, and he did say he was willing to help the staff in these very goals and responsibilities, stated by me:
Such a position entails knowing, understanding, and enforcing the FAQ as well as moderating disputes, and also assisting in the reformation of policies as required.

So, lets hear the rest of the staff's opinion on this idea of Visc as a staffer.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 24th, 2004, 02:05:38 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Visc would be a great choice.

;)

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 24th, 2004, 02:19:19 AM
Just to answer previous questions, I have no knowledge of fleeting whatsoever.

but :):thumbup Visc

ReaperFett
Mar 24th, 2004, 05:18:24 AM
Hmm, Visc? When talking to him sometimes, he seems to get flustered a lot. But he keeps it under control generally, and he seems fair. I think he'd be good, although it might be worth keeping an eye on him at least at first, just to check he's suitable.

imported_Eve
Mar 24th, 2004, 07:04:30 AM
I like Visc for all the reasons stated.

SIl I like too. Kind of what I was saying earlier about Daiq contributing - so has SIl, with dotnet. It's just like a job - those who do 110% percent are usually good choices.

Brian - I agree with you there on preachiness. I don't think he expects to become mod again, I just think that is the way he is.

As far as Morg and his temperment - when talking to him last night to see if he would even accept the position if offered, he made a couple statements about his "angst" (as he calls it):

1 - He thinks I am meaner than he is, only I don't have the notoriety. So, in essence he thinks if I am here, he should get a chance. Some people may agree or disagree with that, and he doesn't mean to cut because he considers me a friend - he means if you're worried about having an uber bitch/asshole on the staff (even if in a good way), you already do.

2 - He is ready to control his "angst", and has been.

I would rather have Morg than SIl, personally.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 24th, 2004, 02:21:06 PM
Hmmm, I'm inclined to gree that if Morg thinks he can control his appearance of "angst" that he would make a great mod. He is around a lot and really knows his stuff. Okay, here's my thought on all of this.

It looks like everyone is in agreement (or nearly everyone has spoken and said so) in that Jenny should get promo'd to full RP mod, and that Visc would be good for the spot, so lets consider making this a full trifecta and bringing all three into the RP staff to help distribute the workload and get a fully functional RP staff team that consists of more than just a couple active members.

Lets consider having three new RP mods:

Jenny (Dasquian)
Viscera
Morgan

What do you folks think?

ReaperFett
Mar 24th, 2004, 03:03:04 PM
I'm slightly worried that someone might see some of his posts in Hell as direct insults at posters, but I think that's a small liklihood.

Also, I think Morg AND Jenny gives it a good balance. People might see Morg as "unapproachable", but I doubt they COULD with Jenny.

As an aside, canw e delete this thread before eltting them in as we're, y'know, talking about them? :)

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 24th, 2004, 03:13:32 PM
Morg:

he would make a great mod. He is around a lot and really knows his stuff.

:thumbup to that too.

I don't think Hell should be a problem, if people get what the forum is all about.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 24th, 2004, 04:11:37 PM
Thank God...yes yes yes, all three please. :):thumbup

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 24th, 2004, 04:41:46 PM
three!!!

I likes :D!

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 24th, 2004, 06:32:14 PM
It appears people think I should take a break from being a Moderator. :(

imported_Eve
Mar 24th, 2004, 06:51:28 PM
I think those three are good.

And dare I say congratulations Jenny. :)

TheHolo.Net
Mar 24th, 2004, 07:39:15 PM
Okay, it looks like this is a done deal then. :)

Oh and...
Originally posted by ReaperFett
As an aside, canw e delete this thread before eltting them in as we're, y'know, talking about them? :) We have never done this in the past and I do not intend to start now. Those we have chosen should be mature enough to handle our critisisms and work with us in rectifying hose conceptions, else they would not have been chosen in the end.

I am going to make the changes and an announcemnt/introduction topic about all of this here in just a few minutes.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 24th, 2004, 07:42:18 PM
YAY :D

Morgan Evanar
Mar 24th, 2004, 10:51:38 PM
I have a new system that mainly pertains to bitching in locked forums like this one and letting the more diplomatic of us write something that other people can digest. Its worked almost flawlessly at GJO.

Darth Viscera
Mar 24th, 2004, 11:29:30 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Hmm, Visc? When talking to him sometimes, he seems to get flustered a lot. But he keeps it under control generally, and he seems fair. I think he'd be good, although it might be worth keeping an eye on him at least at first, just to check he's suitable.

You're right, I do lose it sometimes, though I try very hard only to do so in private, and I realize that being a moderator requires one to keep a level head, think objectively and stay professional, so I intend to do just that, you all have my word. It means more to me than I can say that you guys had enough faith in me to choose me as a moderator, and I sincerely don't want to let you down or make you regret it at all.