PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of the Dead

Dae Jinn
Mar 22nd, 2004, 10:28:09 PM
I went and saw this on Saturday. I thought it was pretty good, although it's nothing like the original except for them being in mall I was a bit surprized by all the Canadian actors, and happy with the cameos made by 3 original cast members.

There wasnt as much gore as I thought there would be either. I was disappointed by the zombies being able to run super fast -- what is this, "28 Days Later"??? In the original Dead series, the zombies seemed to evolve, getting smarter and faster with each film. Not a horrible movie, for a zombie flick.

darth_mcbain
Mar 23rd, 2004, 09:40:17 AM
I am kind of interested in seeing this - I loved the original. I'm hoping I might be able to catch it tomorrow.

Dae Jinn
Mar 23rd, 2004, 02:52:03 PM
If you see it, look out for Tom Savini, Scott Reiniger (Roger) and Ken Foree (Peter). Savini is great as the sheriff.

I like the original too, it's really good. *has seen all the Dead movies several times* :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 23rd, 2004, 02:56:20 PM
There's more than one Dead movie? Dusk of the Dead? Afternoon of the Dead? Mid-Evening of the Dead?

... :D

Yeah, I'll probably see this. Although the thought of fast zombies is bizarre!!

ReaperFett
Mar 23rd, 2004, 02:56:40 PM
The original was always a wierd movie to me. The way how midway through it goes from a Zombie movie to some people running around a mall ;)

Decent movie though. The dad from Kenan & Kel too :D

Dae Jinn
Mar 23rd, 2004, 02:59:12 PM
There's the original Night of the Living Dead, and a remake of that movie (The remake is far better IMO, less whining, more killing!). There's also Day of the Dead, which is...not very good at all. :x My brother owns each one on dvd.

Dasq -- it is. Seriously.

Mu Satach
Mar 23rd, 2004, 06:51:15 PM
It was either the camera movements, the bad popcorn or the mix of Red Vines, Dr. Pepper and blood... but I walked out of the theater a bit nauseated.

I was a bit disappointed it wasn't bit campier.

I loved the mall music tho....

Ryan Pode
Mar 23rd, 2004, 08:39:40 PM
Was this better than Army of Darkness?

Droo
Mar 23rd, 2004, 09:18:30 PM
Army of Darkness is not only an abomination and an insult to the motion picture as we know it, it is also the worst excuse for anything created with leisure or entertainment in mind, ever, no matter the medium.

I dislike it quite a bit, you see. :)

I'm looking forward to Dawn of the Dead. Really looking forward to seeing it actually. I adore the version of Night of the Living Dead made in 1991, at least I think it was '91; a remake of the original; and would love to see another great zombie flick. I wonder if it can better 28 Days Later.

Dae Jinn
Mar 23rd, 2004, 09:27:06 PM
The Night remake = the best. The original was god-awful. I couldn't take the whiney Barbara from the original, and the ending was crap. :x

Ishan Shade
Mar 23rd, 2004, 10:57:16 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
The dad from Kenan & Kel too :D

I used to love that show....

Mu Satach
Mar 24th, 2004, 12:44:24 AM
Originally posted by Ryan Pode
Was this better than Army of Darkness?

AoD and this are two completely different beasts...
AoD == campy goofy sell out humor
this == a few fleeting moments of dark humor, but mostly serious with an attempt at realistic gore

There were a few things that reminded me of Evil Dead 2, but that's me. I'm not entirely sure if what I saw was a tip of the hat or if I'm reaching. The blond slut chick (not the nurse) looked a lot like Linda to me... plus the she got cut with the red chainsaw in the exact same place headless Linda did in ED2

Originally posted by Dru
Army of Darkness is not only an abomination and an insult to the motion picture as we know it, it is also the worst excuse for anything created with leisure or entertainment in mind, ever, no matter the medium.

*unleashes an army of cowardly screaming skeletons upon Dru*

Originally posted by DruI wonder if it can better 28 Days Later.

Depends... I think the gore hounds are going to like this one better. Plus there really are no happy sappy moments in this flick what so ever

I left the theater feeling like crap.

Zasz Grimm
Mar 24th, 2004, 07:15:16 PM
"Tell him to get rosie o'donnel...no..too easy. Get burt reynolds."

I went in there expecting less than what i saw. I've not really seen the originals. but i liked it. i thought it was decent.

Mu Satach
Mar 24th, 2004, 09:52:50 PM
well, yeah there was that one bright shining moment :D

I wanted to take a 2x4 to the girl when she went after the dog,,, thought the exploding of Andy's head looked pretty nifty noo

On a positive note... I do have this to say...

Ving make Mu happy.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 24th, 2004, 11:20:04 PM
28 Days Later sucked.

Zasz Grimm
Mar 24th, 2004, 11:24:25 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
28 Days Later sucked.

yea ok [/sarcasm]

Dae Jinn
Mar 25th, 2004, 12:36:09 AM
I thought 28 Days Later was scarey, only because my biggest fear is being alone; if something actually happened, and I was left alone like in that movie, I'd die >_<

*is such a huge wuss* :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 25th, 2004, 01:15:55 AM

I thought it was the sequel to 28 Days.

j/k, of course. :p

darth_mcbain
Mar 25th, 2004, 10:01:58 AM
I saw this yesterday and thought it was decent - better than 28 days later (which I didn't like too much). I didn't like how the zombies were so fast. I liked the old movies where the zombies would just wander around really slowly - in this one, it was like once you became a zombie, you had the strength of an olympic runner high on ecstasy or something...

Dae Jinn
Mar 25th, 2004, 10:08:08 AM
LMAO!

Like I said before -- the zombies should've been like they were in the original. Slow, and as the trilogly progressed, they got faster. But not inhumanly fast like in this film! I mean, we are talking about walking pieces of rotting flesh either

(am not sure if that needs spoilers, really. Whatever)

Alpha
Mar 27th, 2004, 09:04:09 AM
I liked this movie. :) We got a group of friends together, and watched this, followed by all three of the originals...:) Ah, fun. :)

Droo
Mar 28th, 2004, 06:42:00 PM
Finally saw this movie today and thought it was fantastic. It is now in third place for my favourite zombie flick evar.

1. Night of the Living Dead (1991)
2. 28 Days Later
3. Dawn of the Dead (2004)

I wonder if we'll see a Day of the Dead remake?

Garrett Blade
Mar 28th, 2004, 07:03:52 PM
I love this film. I like it more than the 91' NOTLD remake, which was my fave. And I now class this as the film Resident Evil should have been - that film was more a zombie film to me than a film based on Resident Evil.

You gottaq love the swing version of Disturbed's 'Down with the Sickness'. And I died laughing when Kenan's dad popped up. :)

Dae Jinn
Mar 28th, 2004, 11:14:33 PM
Originally posted by Dru
I wonder if we'll see a Day of the Dead remake?

If they remake it how Romero originally wanted it to be made (Yes, my brother has the special edition DVD -- yay me) it would be incredible. There was SO much extra that he wanted to add, but couldn't because of budget reasons. Like an entire camp ABOVE ground, which would have been great IMO

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 30th, 2004, 09:43:41 PM
I thought it was okay. First the Zombies running fast was dumb. Zombies are decaying creatures they are going to move slow. Why would they move faster than a normal human? I could see if this was some virus like in the RE Games (heck even in those games and movies the zombies moved slow) but that was never said. Then I hated the ending why can't they let people live you go all through that characters sacrificing themselves and it's for nothing that just plain blows in my opinion The original film was better. At least it was very campy.

Dae Jinn
Oct 30th, 2004, 09:58:09 PM
I can't wait to see the re-released edition. My brother is getting it for christmas, so I've got a bit of a wait.

Carr I think the ending was pretty good. It fits with the originals, how the longer they wait, the fewer the surviors and more zombies keep coming. Can you honestly expect there NOT to be zombies on any populated island?o_O

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 30th, 2004, 10:01:30 PM
I know but I hate endings where everybody dies. I am a happy ending person that is just me plus in the originals you always had two or three people who made it

Dae Jinn
Oct 30th, 2004, 10:04:04 PM
Yeah but You never saw what happened to them AFTER the ending. The original ending for Dawn called for everyone to die, but they made it more "happy". I would've laughed at the sight of Frannys' head being lopped off by the copters' blades.