PDA

View Full Version : Helping those who can't help themselves.(Completed)

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 22nd, 2004, 03:59:35 PM
Jedi Knight Wei Wu Wei stood on the boarding ramp of the ship his family had used several times before to get to the planets they were going to. It had been a while since Wei had ridden in the ship, but it was still the same as always.

"So, you're going off by yourself to visit those people, eh?" The captain asked.

Wei sighed. "Yes, I am going to visit those people, as you like to call them."

It kind of irritated Wei that the captain talked down about the Maconite peoples. The Maconites were extremely successful weavers. They hand made some of the grandest cloth Wei had ever seen, and was the most comfortable fabric he had ever worn. Most of his clothes were made of the fabrics the Maconites produced.

"When my Padawan gets here, we'll be set to go."

Kyle had been lacking in the way of real world experience, so as his teacher Wei decided to find some experience with which the Padawan could hone his skills.

Kyle Krogen
Mar 22nd, 2004, 10:54:54 PM
Kyle had woken up late and was now running to the docking bay where Wei and the ship where. He arrived shortly and stoped infront of Wei as he caught his breath "I'm sorry I am late Master" He said giving Wei a small bow of respect.

He was wearing his Jedi Robes and had a small bag in his hand that cuntained a few things he might need on the trip.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 22nd, 2004, 11:10:03 PM
Wei lazily checked his chrono. "Good to see you are on time, Kyle. Get on board, then get comfortable. We've got at least a day before we get to where we're going. And then it's another half a day by land to get to the community."

Wei's stuff was already on one of the bunks back in the living area of the ship.

"You may pick a different room from mine, or if you would like, we can bunk together. There are two beds in a room. Once you are settled and we take off, I'll let you know just what it is we are going to be doing."

Kyle Krogen
Mar 23rd, 2004, 04:39:05 PM
Kyle walked into the ship. after a moment of looking around he found Wei's room and threw is bag onto the bunk next to his and headed back to where Wei was "So where are we going master?"

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 23rd, 2004, 04:59:36 PM
"To a little remote planet somwhere in the outer rim."

Wei wasn't sure the planet had a name. It was just that small and insignificant, compared to most other planets Wei had visited. In fact, Wei was pretty sure that his family had wound up visiting that place quite by accident.

"The place doesn't have any set spaceport. You just go and find a place to land big enough to let you take off again. My dad has some business down there with a small tribe that handmakes fabric. Most of my clothes were tailored from that fabric. It's a very fine, durable material."

The captain was finally ready to take off, so Wei sat down and buckled himself down in preparation for takeoff.

"These people are not used to new technologies, but they are learning quickly. Word about them has spread since my father started business with them, and now they are trying to learn some new things. In fact, they are trying to build a spaceport. It's a very small spaceport, but a spaceport nonetheless."

The captain fired up the engines, and Wei felt a small jolt as the shuttle left the ground and headed out to space. "But there have been some complications recently, Kyle. Some strange monster being has been stealing their food and destroying the supplies. Some of the tribesmen have tried to fight it off, but they keep getting murdered. No one knows much about the creature, except that they think it to be at least ten feet tall, and it has red eyes."

Kyle Krogen
Mar 23rd, 2004, 10:59:09 PM
Kyle listend to Wei as the ship started to take off "Thats strange...." He said as he thought Wei's words over "A mysterios monster...." He thought over the disciption Wei had given him "Sounds like it could be a Rancor, But a Rancor wouldn't just take them out one at a time, A rancor would storm the village and consume anything that moved and destroy anything else........I wonder what it could be."

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 24th, 2004, 05:52:57 PM
Wei shrugged. "We'll figure that part out later on. But for right now, we are going to deliver some more supplies to replace the destroyed ones and help with the construction of the spaceport when we can. We'll have night watch every evening until sunset, so most of our rest will come during the day."

The ship entered open space and the captain readied a hyperspace jump to the Maconite planet.

"As I said, it'll take us a day to get there, and another half a day to get to the village. I've packed food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner today, then breakfast and lunch tomorrow. I hope you don't mind eating light, but the monster has also taken most of the food the Maconites have stored up. They'll have a hard enough time feeding themselves to worry about finding enough food for us. We might end up skipping a few meals, if we have to."

Kyle Krogen
Mar 25th, 2004, 11:10:23 PM
"Sounds like an adventure to me" Kyle said with a grin "Don't worry about skiping meals, im used to going without food, when I lived on the streets there wasnt much to eat and you learn to go without food for peroids of time"

He settled back in his seat "I've never traveled into space before so this is a first for me" Wei could see the slight amount of fear in Kyle's eyes as the ship readyed to go into a hyperspace jump "this will just have to be another thing for me to get used to."

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 26th, 2004, 09:21:08 AM
Wei nodded. "Indeed it will. Take a peek out the window when we hit hyperspace. It's actually pretty cool to look at."

As if on cue, the captain finished punching up the coordinates for the jump, and accelerated into hyperspace. All the small white dots that floated out in space became streaks of light shooting past the shuttle at an amazing speed.

Wei settled back in his seat to watch the stars fly by, and give Kyle some time to steady his nerves.

Kyle Krogen
Mar 26th, 2004, 10:47:16 PM
Kyle watched in amazement as the stars streaked by "That is cool" He said settleing back into his seat wishing they where at their destination already "Do you have any plans on confronting this monster the villagers are talking about master?"

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 26th, 2004, 11:26:23 PM
Wei turned his face a small bit towards his Padawan. "Goodness. No, actually I haven't. I kind of figured we would just wait until we finally were able to figure out just what exactly the creature was. It doesn't make much sense to make plans about fighting an enemy you know nothing about."

Wei returned his gaze to the window. "Wouldn't you agree, Kyle?"

Kyle Krogen
Mar 26th, 2004, 11:34:06 PM
Kyle nodded his head "yes. It does make sence to wait till you know what your up against to formulate a plan against it" He was still looking out into space "I'm just glad we will be able to help these people with their problems."

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 27th, 2004, 12:48:19 AM
Wei nodded. "During the day, when we are not asleep, we will be helping with construction. At night, we will be keeping watch. Be prepared to help in other ways as well. Keep your eyes open for a task that needs to be done, and get it accomplished."

Kyle Krogen
Mar 28th, 2004, 10:55:24 PM
"Sounds good to me" Kyle said with a smile.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 29th, 2004, 10:56:34 AM
Wei unbuckled himself from the seat and stood. "Kyle, that's all I have for you right now. Feel free to take this time to do with what you will. Explore the ship, take a nap, read, whatever."

The captain's voice came from the driver's seat. "But if you break my ship, you can be sure that I'll break your face!"

Wei chuckled. "And I'll help. But don't worry, he's just kidding. I think it's safe to say you're a responsible young adult. I'll find you at meal time."

Kyle Krogen
Mar 29th, 2004, 11:48:26 PM
Kyle nodded his head and walked to the sleeping quarters and plopped down on his bunk. He opened his back and moved a few things around before pulling out a large brown book without a title he had found in the Library at the GJO temple

He layed on his side and opened the book to where he had left off last and started to read. in a few minutes he had almost completely forgotten about the mission he was on and was lost in the book.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 30th, 2004, 12:05:36 AM
After Kyle got up and left, Wei took the co-pilot's seat next to the captain.

"He's a good kid," Wei said.

The captain nodded. "I can tell. You've taught him quite a bit."

Wei chuckled. "I try. But man, I have had some adventures. Like this one time, we were all in the Living Quarters at the Jedi compound, right? When all of a sudden this huge...cat type thing shows up one night. And it's going all over the place..."

----------------

Hours later, Wei still hadn't finished telling the captain all the stories about the adventures he had at the GJO since his joining.

"I must say, kid, you certainly have been busy. But how's about we put this rig on auto-pilot and get us a nap before lunch? Then we can play a game of sabbac." The captain loved sabbac.

Wei smiled. "Naps and lunch are good, but I'm afraid I'll have to pass up the gambling. I might be a Jedi, but I'm also still poor."

Wei got up and went to the cabin he and Kyle were staying in before sliding onto his bed and falling nearly instantly asleep. Wei had only enough time to say, "Lunch when I wake up," and then he was out like a fat kid in a dodge ball game.

Kyle Krogen
Mar 30th, 2004, 03:21:39 PM
Kyle barely heard Wei as he was busy reading his book. after about another hour Kyle heard Wei waking up in the bunk next to his "Havea good nap Master?" He asked closing his book and placing it back into his bag and sitting up on the edge of his bunk.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 30th, 2004, 05:09:36 PM
Wei rubbed his eyes, and tucked his now somewhat wild hair back into its ponytail.

"Yes, I did. Now then, we can have something to eat."

Wei got to his bag and removed a loaf of bread. But if a person looked harder at the loaf, they would see things sticking out between the slices of bread.

"Ok," he said. "I've got maybe 16 sandwitches here, all baloney and cheese. They're all individually wrapped, so just reach into the bag and grap as many as you like. I don't know how much you'll feel like eating, but I have a whole second bag in case you're just that hungry."

Kyle Krogen
Mar 30th, 2004, 11:06:53 PM
"sounds good" He said walking over and picking up three sandwitches and sat down at the small table that was in their room. He started eating a sandwhitch "Mmmm Good" He mumbled between bites.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 31st, 2004, 02:01:20 PM
Wei chuckled. "Glad you like them."

Wei took three for himself for a start, but would probably go for a fourth or fifth.

"What you been reading?" he asked, noticing the book on the other bed.

Kyle Krogen
Mar 31st, 2004, 11:01:19 PM
Kyle finished chewing before answering "Its a book on Jedi History. I found it in the Temples Library and I thought we'd be traveling for awhile so I grabed it for the trip" He took another bite.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:17:12 AM
Wei nodded. "If you are interested in Jedi History, you might try asking Master Figrin D'an for a lesson. I believe he is the Jedi Historian at the GJO."

Wei tossed the plastic wrap that had covered his sandwitch into a waste basket and started on the second one.

Kyle Krogen
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:28:22 PM
Kyle was just finishing his third sandwhich "Maybe I should talk to him sometime" He said standing up with his wrapers in his hand which he dumped in the trash can before he grabed another sandwhich and returned to his seat.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:55:56 PM
Wei had finished eating all he wanted, and put the sandwitches on the floor in the middle of the room. "If you want more, take them at your liesure. I've got to go over some documents for Council, and then we'll have dinner."

Kyle Krogen
Apr 5th, 2004, 03:03:31 PM
Kyle nodded his head while he chewed on his sandwhich "I'll probobly be reading my book in here for a while" He said after he swolowed what was in his mouth.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 6th, 2004, 07:09:52 AM
"All righty then. Sounds good to me."

The Council Member reached into his things, and retrieved a datapad. It was a fairly large datapad considering most others like it. "Reports, reports, and more reports."

The next five hours found the room in total silence as the Jedi diligently went about their business. At last, dinner came. "Ok, that's quite enough business."

Wei replaced the datapad in his bag. "Dinner is," Wei paused for dramatic effect. "MORE SANDWITCHES! Dig in, Kyle."

The Jedi Knight found himself much hungrier than before and took five sandwitches as opposed to his three at lunch. "Ok, pal. I'm going to go walk around the ship. Lights out around midnight at the latest. I might be back before then, but I'm not sure."

Kyle Krogen
Apr 7th, 2004, 09:56:00 PM
Kyle was half asleep when Wei stoped working "Ok" He said rolling out of the bunk onto the floor. He groaned as he got to his feet and staggered over to the food bag

After grabing a few sandwhiches and sat at the table and started eating "See ya later Wei" He said between bites. After Kyle had finished his dinner and walked over to his bunk and layed down on it again

He picked up his book and started reading about the Clone War were he had left off.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 8th, 2004, 06:55:40 AM
Several hours later, Wei could be heard coming back towards the room.

"Midnight, pal. Bedtime."

Wei gave Kyle a moment to get ready for bed before climbing into his own.

The next morning, Wei was up bright and early, helping the captain with landing preparations.

"We'll be on the ground in maybe a half an hour." the captain said. "Tell that Padawan of yours to be ready by then."

Kyle Krogen
Apr 12th, 2004, 01:47:55 PM
Kyle gto ready for bed and was soon in his bunk. He pulled the covers up and fluffed the pillow a bit before laying his head down on it. He drifted asleep while thinking of what tomarrow might hold.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 12th, 2004, 03:19:09 PM
The Jedi Knight nodded his head.

Kyle wake up. And no, I'm not a dream, so get up and get ready. Breakfast is in the bag of fruits, so pick out one you like. I expect to see you up at the bridge ready to get off the shuttle in 20 minutes.

Wei smiled. "Ok, let's see if he gets up."

The captain laughed and shook his head. "Show off."

Kyle Krogen
Apr 12th, 2004, 07:20:23 PM
Kyle stumbled out of his bed and headed toward the bathroom while pulling on his cloths. He spashed some water on his face and applyed enough gel to spike his hair the way he liked to

He walked out and grabed an apple and headed for the bridge. He entered the bridge and threw his apple core into the nearest trash reseptical and stoped next to Wei "I'm all ready" He said nodding toward his bag.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 13th, 2004, 07:25:43 AM
The teacher checked his chrono. "Good job. All righty! Take a seat, we'll be landing soon. Then it's a half a day's hike to get to the village."

The captain started procedures to enter the atmosphere, and began heading for a large circular clearing on the ground below. A few minutes later, and the shuttle touched down, and the boarding ramp lowered.

"Good landing, sir. Thank you for taking us out here."

The captain nodded and waved as the two Jedi departed the ship.

"Ok, we head in this direction and just go." Wei said, pointing to a well beaten path. There might still be some vines growing around on the way, but there won't be too much cause for concern."

The Jedi Knight slung his bag over his shoulder. "Let's move."

Kyle Krogen
Apr 13th, 2004, 12:38:44 PM
Kyle nodded his head and followed behind Wei. after traveling for a few hours Kyle reached into his back and pulled out a water bottle and took a drink "seems very nice here" He said surveying the trees around them "very lush and green."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 13th, 2004, 02:08:08 PM
"Indeed it is. This place is a jungle. The deeper we go, you'll see it gets thicker. These trees can get to be several thousand feet high in the air. I hear at the tops the limbs all run together and it's almost like the jungle has a second story to it, like a house."

Wei sighed. "I know the Maconites want to sell their things to other planets, but I'm not so sure putting in a spaceport, even a tiny one will be a good idea. I'd hate to see all this plantlife go."

Kyle Krogen
Apr 13th, 2004, 03:50:01 PM
Kyle looked around him in wonder "I've spend my whole life on Corascant and I've never seen this many trees before."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 13th, 2004, 04:02:33 PM
"You'll be seeing plenty as time goes on."

The rest of the hike was spent in more or less total silence. It was a great deal soothing to listen to the sounds of the animals in the jungle, and listening to the wind in the trees was a welcome change to listening to speeders fly past or horn honking or people shouting.

Around lunchtime the two had managed to come to a small area with several well built wooden huts. A few hundred yards away from the huts, in an unually large cleared space construction equipment could be seen, as well as stacks and stacks of materials.

"Here we are Kyle."

A few of the village women were outside the huts and smiled when they saw Wei. As they headed towards him, the children peeked out of the windows and doorways, and saw Kyle's Jedi robes.

"Aaah!" they gasped in awe before bursting from the huts, running toward the Jedi faster than their mothers were able to walk up to them. "JEDI JEDI JEDI!" They yelled, pulling on one another, as well as their mothers and the two Jedi themselves. "JEDI JEDI JEDI!"

The children were still learning some Basic, but their mothers didn't know much more than the children. "Welcome, Rain Bringer," one of the elderly ladies said with a smile.

Wei smiled and flushed a little. "Yeah, I'm back."

The mothers all herded the children away from the two newcomers, and Wei motioned for his student to follow him as he walked with the old woman.

"We waited for you," she said. "P'u says you can help us." The old woman's Basic was very simple, but it worked. "Monster comes every night. Ruins huts, eats food. You will help us. Come, eat."

Kyle Krogen
Apr 13th, 2004, 10:22:16 PM
Kyle smiled as the young children tugged on his robe as they chanted the world "Jedi". He waved to them as they where led by the old woman.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 14th, 2004, 01:14:29 PM
The Maconite woman led the way to her hut, a small thing with a thatch roof and a low table. She motioned for Wei and Kyle to sit and then stepped back outside to check on the cooking fire in the back of the house.

A moment later she returned with two kebabs of fried fruits and vegetables. The portion was somewhat meager, and there was disappointment on the woman's face.

"Monster take all food away. We manage to gather this much for you visitors."

Wei took one of the kebabs and began to eat. "Thank you for taking the trouble to do this for us. Does the rest of the village have trouble finding food?"

Kyle Krogen
Apr 14th, 2004, 10:07:59 PM
Kyle felt bad to be eating what was left of the womans food but he didn't want to appear ungreatful by not eating it. He listended to what the woman had to say while slowly nibbling on the Kebab

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 15th, 2004, 07:13:06 AM
The short meal lasted no more than a few seconds, and Wei set his stick down on the table and leaned back to listen to the old woman's report.

"Small families not have much trouble finding food. But large families have greater difficulty. Children hungry, and finding much food for one day is hard."

Wei let it all sink in, his mind racing among all his options for helping out.

"Let's see... Kyle, last time I checked, I left the sandwitches with you. Did we have any left over?"

Kyle Krogen
Apr 15th, 2004, 09:45:53 PM
Kyle opened his back and moved things around in it. His hand came out with eight somewhat squished sandwhiches "Thats all the ones I have left" He said placing them on the table "I hope they can help feed someone in this village."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 17th, 2004, 06:55:59 AM
"Good idea. I'm not so sure any of the villagers have ever had balogna before, but we'll soon see how they like it. Come on, let's take them the food before we get down to business helping with the spaceport."

The boy was on his toes. It made Wei proud. "Actually, Kyle, I need to stay here and talk some more. Need information about what happens at night. You know, where the monster comes from, what usually gets wrecked, places in the village that get attacked most often...you know. You might see me walking around the village later."

Kyle Krogen
Apr 18th, 2004, 10:35:38 PM
Kyle nodded his head as he picked up the sandwhiches and headed out of the Hut. He walked around a bit until a group and children ran up to him shouting "JEDI! JEDI! JEDI!" while tugging in his cloths.

must of the chilren looked like they hadn't eaten very much lately. He pulled out the sandwhiches and showed them that they where food by lofting one to his mouth and pretending to bite it and chew

The children soon got it and each one took a sandwhich and ran over to the huts where their Mothers where watching from and handed them the sandwhiches. The Mothers gave Kyle big smiles and the children came running back over to play with the Jedi

One of the childen said something that kyle didn't understand and soon all the children where saying it and over again. They pulled and pushed Kyle down the dirt street, They soon arrived at small clearing where a few children where already playing with a what looked like a ball

The group around Kyle ran over to the children with the ball and talked to them for a moment and then as one they ran back to Kyle and showed him the ball. Kyle smiled as the child with the ball tossed it at him. He caught the ball and passed to another one of the children and soon theu were all having a good time passing the ball around

As he played with the children Kyle wondered what Wei was doing right then....

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 19th, 2004, 01:17:07 PM
Once Kyle had left, Wei stood. "Let's see what the village is like."

The village remained largely the same since Wei had last been there. In fact, he remembered the whole layout quite well. One large street with huts on either side. There was nothing complicated about the village at all. Wei wanted to see the damaged sites.

The old lady nodded and led the Jedi down the street to a larger house than the others. "This family have 5 children. All food gone." she pointed around to the back where the food bins were. From the look on her face she dared not to go back there.

Wei looked at her and then walked around to the back of the house. The wall was covered in scratches, and two small holes existed where the bins were once fastened to the wall.

"Impressive strength the creature has." he marvelled as he touched the holes in the wall.

"Did the thing take the bins with him?"

He stood and removed his glasses, placing them on the top of his head so they would not interfere with what he was about to do next.

Channeling the Force, Wei used it to boost his vision to see as far out into the jungle as he could, looking for signs of broken containers. Seeing nothing, Wei relaxed the Force and put his glasses back on his nose.

"Whatever it was took the things with him. They're not smashed up, and there are no signs of wood or anything nearby to suggest the thing was simply ravenous."

The old woman's voice appeared behind his shoulder. "What sort of monster has attacked our village?"

Wei turned and placed a hand on the old woman's shoulder. "A very smart one from the looks of it."

The old woman evidently had become braver when the Knight went before her and had come to see what he had found.

"Monster also attack spaceport site. I show you that too." Then she turned and walked in the opposite direction towards a path near the rear of the village.

Kyle Krogen
Apr 19th, 2004, 11:31:59 PM
The ball game ended as the children ran back to their homes for what little food they were getting for supper and Kyle took the time to walk around the village

After Wei had left Kyle wandered by the food bins, He studied the holes for a minute but since he didn't know what had happend here and went on his way down the street

He came apon a group of men who looked like they where digging a new well for the village. Kyle aprouched them and askedif he could help. one of the men nodded his head "We dig well" He said in broken basic "Old well dry soon"

Kyle grabed a shovel and jumped into the small hole that the men had started and with a little advice on how to shovel a well from the men he was soon digging. they worked for awhile with each man taking a turn in the hole for a sort time each and soon the hole was quiet deep

The man who seemed incharge patted Kyle on the back "We finish, you can go" Kyle nodded his head and while waving headed back down the street I bet Wei's doing just as much as I am.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:06:27 AM
A short walk down a rather wide dirt road brought Wei to the skeleton of one of the smallest spaceports he had ever seen in his life. The landing area for the shuttles showed only room enough for one, and the buildiing structure itself seemed large enough for an office, a rest area for the pilots, and a small storage area.

Off to the sides lay sheets of tin, duracrete blocks, and various construction equipment. Most of the blocks were broken or crumbled, and the tin could be found twisted or crinkled like large metal strips of bacon. One of the larger pieces of construction equipment was turned over.

"We'll get that thing right side up again, once I find my Padawan. Do you know if the creature comes this way to get into your village?"

The old woman shrugged her shoulders and shook her head, a foreign gesture she had no doubt picked up from Wei's father.

"I do not know, Rain Bringer."

Wei's brow crinkled as he tried to figure out what happened.

"We'll get it taken care of. No worries."

Kyle Krogen
Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:02:05 PM
As Kyle walked down the street he notice that the sun was getting lower in the sky "Its getting late" He said walked toward a man who was sitting infront of a hut

Kyle was soon on his way to the space port with the directions the man had given him. when he arrived at the Space port he was suprised at how small it was

He walked over to Wei "Figured anything out Master?"

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 24th, 2004, 07:11:27 AM
Kyle found Wei still talking to the old woman when he got there.

"Hi Kyle. I'm afraid its rather vague. The thing took the storage bins full of food out into the woods with it. We think it comes this way, but we're not sure."

The old woman smiled. "You will have to keep watch soon. You will need your strength. I will get some food for you to eat."

As the elderly lady shuffled off, Wei turned to his Padawan. "This thing is either exremely strong and stupid, or very strong and very smart. It broke the bins off of the house, but there are no signs of them being splintered or broken within a couple hundred yards from the village. Truth is, we don't know much about it, other than it comes and steals food. And tends to wreck things for fun. There are markings all over the storage building that suggest the thing tried to get in there, but I don't think it has been successful. It might keep trying, but the Elder seems to think it has given up."

The Knight scratched his chin and sighed. "Best I can think to do is for us to set up camp on the edge of the village and keep eyes and ears out. You are familiar with Force Boosting? You can use it to enhance your senses too. We will be making much use of that ability tonight."

Kyle Krogen
Apr 24th, 2004, 01:57:12 PM
Kyle nodded his head "Sounds like a good plan Wei" He said looking around the damaged space port "Should I gather wood for a fire or are we going to go without one tonight?"

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 24th, 2004, 02:06:12 PM
"No fires," Wei said. "I think we'll just keep in the dark and listen and wait. Although a fire might scare the thing off, it won't be enough to do any good for a long time. Besides, it'll let the thing know where we are. We want to catch it off guard. We'll let it go about its business tonight as usual, and once it shows up, we'll see what we can do."

Kyle Krogen
Apr 24th, 2004, 11:15:09 PM
Kyle nodded his head before saying "Alright" He looking up at the fading sun "Chances are since this thing only comes out at night that it might have great eye sight at night and it might be best if he wait somewhere were it can't see us easlily but we can see it."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:50:58 AM
"Sounds good to me. Got any ideas?"

Wei was impressed. Kyle was really on top of his game today.

Kyle Krogen
May 4th, 2004, 09:53:08 PM
Kyle looked around the wrecked Space Port "Well....." He started as he kept looking "We might be able to make a wall of sorts from with all the junk laying around out here"

He noticed some big crates off by themselves "We could use those and make a wall to hide behind but then we won't be able to see very well" He turned to Wei "Any other ideas master?"

Wei Wu Wei
May 4th, 2004, 09:58:19 PM
"Nope. I like those pretty good. Let's do that."

Wei started by lifting a crate and setting it down next to one of the space port's walls. "Best not to make it too conspicuous, though."

Kyle Krogen
May 4th, 2004, 10:11:35 PM
Kyle nodded his head and helped Wei position the crates by the wall so that there was enought room between the wall and the crates for him and Wei to hide inside

soon the crates were set up and the tip of the sun was about to sink out of site, Kyle checked his lightsabre with the last rays of light to make sure it hadn't gotten damaged in the journey here.

Wei Wu Wei
May 4th, 2004, 10:30:20 PM
"Good stuff. Let's hang out here in the silence for a bit and see what comes our way."

Wei took a place behind the boxes, and kept an eye out through a crack betwen the crates. This was going to be an interesting night.

"If you ever feel like sleeping, try not to, or let me know. Then we can take turns keeping watch. Honestly, we should have taken a nap before we did this, but we haven't had time."

Kyle Krogen
May 6th, 2004, 09:36:34 PM
Kyle listened to the sounds of the night "I'll try to stay awake". the long walk to the village had taken alot of his strength and he was already feeling tired [i[I need to stay awake[/i]He thought rubing the back of his neck with his hand.

Neepik
May 6th, 2004, 10:27:11 PM
Tonight was a grand dark night. The moon stood in the sky only half full, allowing just enough light to see clearly, and keeping enouch shadow around to hide in.

Silently he moved out of the jungle, and began to move on all fours towards the village with an unnatural speed. Neepik was an unusual sort. Having a basic training in the Darkside of the Force, he was able to capture the hatred he had for communities to help him terrorize and eradicate them.

When on his legs, Neepik stood at a whopping 8 feet, his long tail stretching nearly as long as he was tall. Neepik's only real flaw was that he was hungry. All the time. With any luck, the villagers had found more food during the day.

Neepik also foraged for food during the day, but he also got very hungry at night. What a better way for him to harass others, and eat than by going and stealing other people's food?

So, quickly and quietly he set off across the empty spaceport to get food. Maybe he would wreck the port on his way back.

Wei Wu Wei
May 9th, 2004, 10:43:35 PM
Wei's head had begun to nod for a few minutes, but he was managing to keep himself up. Suddenly, the struggle to stay alert crumbled at what Wei saw.

"Kyle. Check that out."

Kyle Krogen
May 12th, 2004, 10:02:41 PM
Kyle had his eyes wide open already but really whe was almost asleep, He shook his head to get to clear his head of the sleep that almost took and and crept over to were Wei was

He looked through the crack, for a moment he didn't see anything but then his eyes focused and he saw the giant creature walking across the ship yard

He backed away slowly "What are we going to do Master?" He asked through the force so that the monster would not hear them.

Wei Wu Wei
May 14th, 2004, 09:06:28 PM
Wei shrugged. "Not sure. We need to try to follow him. One of us can go, and the other can stay here, in case he comes back this way. So, who's following, and who's staying here?"

Neepik
May 14th, 2004, 09:27:12 PM
Neepik, ever alert, heard the two Jedi. He paused for a moment, keeping very still and quiet. After a short minute, he dismissed it as maybe a pair of villagers walking around the village, and decided to move to slinking along on all fours.

It was when he moved on his hands and feet that be truly began to look reptilian. His knees made no contact with the ground in the way that humans did when they crawled around. Neepik often wondered if he was faster on all fours than on two legs.

But thanks to his Darkside talents, he need not worry. He crept along, boosting his speed and hearing ever so slightly to pick up any more signs of being caught.

Kyle Krogen
May 18th, 2004, 10:15:32 PM
"I guess I'll go out and look around" Kyle said quietly before he snuck out of their hideout and toward where the monster had been

He crept through the bushes without a sound I never thought I'd have to be sneaking around like I used to when I stole things He thought as he moved ahead

The monster must have moved Kyle thought, becuase it wasnt where it had been a moment ago. He looked around using the force to boost his eye sight so he could see better through the darkness

He saw a tail disapear behind a group of bushes and he crept toward it, He stoped on the other side of the bushes then the tail had been but by now the monster might have crept away again.

Wei Wu Wei
May 19th, 2004, 08:14:51 PM
Wei watched his Padawan head out, and prepared to find a better vantage point to ambush the creature.

"May the Force be with you," he whispered to Kyle's retreating shadow.

Neepik
May 19th, 2004, 08:22:17 PM
Meanwhile, Neepik had successfully moved into a place behind some bushes where he could view the rest of the village. Everyone was inside, and the small thatch window coverings were down. No one dared to leave the windows open, and all the doors were shut. The entire village feared him, and they didn't even know who he was.

But that was typical of most people. Everyone feared or hated Neepik, if only because he was intimidating to look at. It upset him that so many people wanted to destroy him simply because of what he was. So he decided he would destroy everyone else first. At least when this village starved to death, he wouldn't have to go sneaking around anymore. Then he would bide his time until someone came along to check on the village, and stow away on their ship and go somewhere else.

Silently, he eased out of the bushes and out into the open.

Kyle Krogen
May 20th, 2004, 10:35:57 PM
Kyle heard something move out of the bushes. He slowly peaked his head over the top of the bushes and saw the monster moving toward the village

Kyle didn't know what he should do, Wei hadn't said if he should attack it or just follow it "Wei, I fould the monster, what should I do now?" Came Kyle's voice in his master's head.

Wei Wu Wei
May 21st, 2004, 08:36:49 PM
Wei thought it over for a minute. I'm not sure, pal, he replied. Keep watching him, and if he tries to do break into anything, stop him somehow. It's really up to you how to deal with him. Just bear in mind that we need to keep that village intact. They can't build the spaceport if they are having to rebuild their own homes.

Kyle Krogen
May 23rd, 2004, 10:34:24 PM
Kyle crept out behind the creature. He kept to the bushes and trees as he moved just incase the creature decided to look behind itself.

Neepik
May 28th, 2004, 07:45:39 PM
Neepik stood to his full height, scanning around for any traces of stored up food. A barrel, a crate, anything at all that might have some food in it.

Much to his irritation, he found no food. The giant snorted, and turned to leave. He'd take out his frustration on the spaceport and then he'd go find some food in the jungle.

He dropped back onto all fours and slunk back to the spaceport, choosing to first knock a crate off of a short stack with a lash of his mighty tail.

Kyle Krogen
May 31st, 2004, 10:19:56 PM
Kyle crept closer to the Creature as he went, He heard some Crates get knocked over but he couldn't see if they where the ones that his Master was hiding behind

He moved in, hiding behind bushes and destroyed bits of the space port.

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:24:11 PM
There was a loud crash about 100 feet to Wei's right. What on earth was going on? The Knight decided he didn't want to wait to find out.

One vertical leap brought him to the top of the crates, hight enough so he could see the giant reptillian looking creature standing up tall and using his tail like a whip to break the crates and supplies around him.

Wei took the war fan out of his sleeve and quickly flicked it open and shut. He wasn't planning on hurting the creature yet--it was too early to start fighting. And besides, it would wreck the spaceport even more.

No, Wei was offering a "warning shot" to the creature. Something to say, "I see you, and I'm letting you see me and see that I mean business."

Neepik
Jun 12th, 2004, 07:47:14 PM
Neepik caught the flash of light and reflexively lunged at the source, roaring and eyes blazing. The spines on his head stood straight up and the bones slid out of his cheeks and interlocked to create a sort of face mask.

As he descended upon the Jedi Knight, he swiped with one large clawed hand.

Kyle Krogen
Jun 13th, 2004, 11:34:01 PM
Kyle saw the creature move in to attack Wei "If its a fight he wants then its a fight he's going to get" He said to himself as he stood up from his crouched position and charged forward with his Light Sabre Activated

He steped on the Creatures tail in an attempt to take its attention of Wei.

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 18th, 2004, 08:30:15 PM
Wei jumped clear of the sharp claws.

"Be careful, Kyle!"

By now the entire village had heard Neepik's roaring and were gathered at the outskirts, watching and murmuring with fear and awe.

Wei could only hope the creature would not go bother them.

Neepik
Jun 18th, 2004, 08:42:15 PM
Kyle landed squarely on Neepoik's tail, stopping him short of the Jedi Knight. Neepik felt little pain, only pressure, and swatted at Kyle with his tail as though he were swatting a fly.

Neepik had heard the villagers, and listened intently to them. Fear could be heard in their voices, and the reptilian humanoid fed off of it. It felt satisfying in a way to be the cause of so much fear, but at the same time it angered him.

Neepik was in quite a situation. Which enemy should he focus on first? The Knight was the strongest. The Padawan was a bother, but could get to be even worse. And then there were the villagers. Weak and helpless, the Jedi would surely risk all to save them. The Darksider chuckled and shut his eyes. His plum skin blended in with the night, and without the glow of his eyes he became nigh invisible in a heartbeat. Then with his usual silence, he began to slink towards the villagers. They would never know what hit them.

Kyle Krogen
Jun 18th, 2004, 11:52:52 PM
Kyle moved to the side then ducked low to avoid the massive tail. hisx mouth droped open as the creature disapeared

He stood there with his sabre in his hand looking around for a sign of the monster, far to his left a small bush russled as if it had been touch by something He is still here He thought as he closed his eyes and reached out with the force in an a attempt to sence the creature

OOC: Is the invisibility a ability that Neepik's species have? or is he using the force to become invis?

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 19th, 2004, 08:43:17 PM
Wei unclipped his lightsaber and held it at the ready, bracing himself for another attack. That attack never came. Instead, Wei found himself looking around in the dark, trying to figure out what had happened to the gargantuan attacker.

"Kyle, where did he go?"

Wei was now more on guard than he was before. The thing was sneaky, no doubt about it. Who knew from where it would strike next?

Neepik
Jun 19th, 2004, 08:52:33 PM
Neepik kept low to the ground, taking his time as he neared the villagers. he crawled under one of the nearby huts and emerged on the other side, behind the villagers.

He raised up again onto his feet and chuckled menacingly. Then he indiscriminately wrapped his tail around one of the villager's necks and lifted the person off the ground.

As it turned out, Neepik had grasped a hold of a teenaged girl. She squirmed and gurgled, and her small hands tried in vain to loose the beast's grip. Neepik was too strong for her.

He turned her around and brought her face to face with him. She kicked helplessly and rather than scream, began to softly cry as Neepik's tail tightened around her throat. "Where are your Jedi to save you know?" he whispered in a gravelly tone.

OOC: He's not invisible, merely camouflaged. So yes, it is something his species is capable of.

Kyle Krogen
Jun 19th, 2004, 09:23:23 PM
Kyle's eyes flew open as he heard new sounds from where the villagers where standing. He turned to look and he saw a young girl abour his age being lifted up off the ground "He's over by the villagers!" Kyle shouted to his master before he charged forward

He was soon a few yards away from the girl but he was having a hard time seing the creature, I can't attack because I have no idea where he is, but if I don't that girl will sufficate

He reached out with the force again. He senced a large mass infront of him that must be the monster. He moved fast and in a second his light sabre was not in his hand anymore, it was spinning forward with the aid of the force, to where he senced the monster was

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:05:13 PM
Wei could barely see a form outlined against the black night, and Kyle's lightsaber lancing towards it.

"Careful, Kyle! We don't want to hit any innocents!"

Taking advantage of the moment, he sprang into action--literally. With one terrifying leap, he cleared half of the distance, and was matching speed with his Padawan's lightsaber grandly, for a two-pronged attack on the creature.

Neepik
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:08:29 PM
Neepik ducked, and using the girl as a club, swatted at Wei. The villagers all sprawled on the ground to avoid the lightsaber, and it whizzed past, slicing off his tail.

The girl fell in a heap, the beast's tail thrashing about her neck.

Neepik's mind raced as he considered his next move. Out in the open, he would never win in a straight fight. He needed some cover, some terrain, anything at all to make it more difficult for the Jedi. His mind made up, Neepik turned and bolted into the thick foliage of the jungle.

Kyle Krogen
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:00:06 AM
Kyle ran over to were the girl had fallen and pulled what remained of the monster's tail from around her neck. A few of the othere villagers ran over picked up the girl and started carrieing her toward the village

"Lets go Wei" He said pulling his lightsabre back to his from where it had landed after he threw it

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 27th, 2004, 07:26:52 PM
Wei nodded and was about to follow when the girl's mother grabbed hold of his arm and pointed at the girl's neck. The villagers had moved the teenager into the light and it was now plain that the force of Neepik's tail had not only choked her, but had closed off her windpipe. Wei paled.

"Pal, you go on. I know you can take good care of yourself. I'll go find you once I'm finished here."

The Knight pushed up his glasses and motioned for the villagers to give him space. This was going to be one of the most difficult things in the world to fix. He shut his eyes to focus on the Force a moment before bending over his nigh-impossible task.

Kyle Krogen
Jun 27th, 2004, 07:48:29 PM
"Gotcha" Kyle said before turning and running toward the area the monster had disapeared into. He walked carefuly through the thick foliage using his one of his hands to push leaves out of his face while his other hand griped his lightsabre.

Neepik
Jul 2nd, 2004, 09:50:11 PM
Neepik made a show of crashing through the brush, making sure an easy trail was left for Kyle to follow. Once the beast had made sure the trail went a sufficient depth into the woods, Neepik turned around and using the Force, he jumped as high as he could up into the closest tree. Once he had reached the height of the jump he dug into the tree and started the long climb to the top.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 3rd, 2004, 08:29:29 PM
Wei set the girl down in front of him and got on his knees. He didn't have much time. He motioned for everyone to get back, which the villagers reluctantly did.

He could understand their anxiety. The Knight wanted the girl to live as much as they did. But he wished they didn't place such trust in him. They all expected him to heal her.

Wei took a deep breath and gingerly touched the girl's throat with both hands. How could he get the air passage open? He could Force boost a breath and hope the force of the air would get her windpipe open, but he also feared he would hurt her lungs.

Alas, there was only one thing left to do. He focused his attention on her waning life force. It was like a pulse that resonated from her body. Wei paid it close attention and merged his mind with it. With the girl's life rhythmn in his mind he imagined her throat as it was before Neepik's awesome grip had deformed it. He pictured the girl breathing normally. Wei only hoped he had enough influence over the Force for the girl to heal in time.

Kyle Krogen
Jul 3rd, 2004, 11:27:30 PM
Kyle continued down the path that the monster had taken. He was following its foot steps but they stoped all of a sudden. Kyle stoped and looked around, He used the force to increase his hearing but he heard nothing

He looked around, he heard something above him and looked up to see what it was.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 4th, 2004, 08:44:32 PM
The girl gurgled and sputtered, trying to get some air into her lungs. It seemes some small progress was being made, but it would still take longer.

The crowd reacted to the girl as she moved, gasping in awe when she struggled to breathe, and sighing when there seemed to be no sign of progress. The girl's mother wept loudly, in large body-racking sobs. It was difficult for Wei to concentrate. The Knight refused to give up, though, and redoubled his efforts to heal the girl.

Neepik
Jul 4th, 2004, 08:49:22 PM
Neepik paused a moment as Kyle reacted to the sound in the trees above. The great humanoid already stood in one of the tree's lower branches, staring down several hundred feet to the ground below.

The tree Neepik had clambered up proved to be enormous: the trunk of the tree was several hundred feet thick, and was swathed in large vines. The canopy of the tree intertwined its branches with other trees, creating a dangerous walkway for anyone who dared to try traveling above the jungle floor. That is, anyone aside from Neepik.

The large beast used his tail for balance and the claws on his feet to bite into the bark of the tree as he started to escape through the limbs and branches.

Kyle Krogen
Jul 5th, 2004, 10:21:08 PM
Kyle used the force to boost his eye sight and after a few more moments he spotted the monster high above in the treetops. Kyle ran toward a tree, as he neared it he used a force assisted jump. He planted his feet on the tree bark and pushed off it, he moved throgh the air until he hit the next tree and pushed off that one also

He continued this process until he finaly landed on a branch high off the ground, He looked around and spitted the monster not far. He jumped from branch to branch as he pursued the creature.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 9th, 2004, 10:11:18 PM
The rest Wei had gotten before the night watch had been sparse, and now it began to take its toll on him.

He blinked a few times and felt his mind slip away from the girl for a moment. He focused his eyes hard on her throat and began muttering to himself.

"Come on now, let's get this done. She's got to live you know."

Maintaining the focus on her fading chi energy, he found himself slowly prying open her windpipe. The girl could only get but so much air at the time. But as long as she was able to get air, it would go easier over time.

Neepik
Jul 9th, 2004, 10:15:21 PM
The little Jedi was a stubborn one. No matter how hard Neepik tried, he could not shake the Padawan's pursuit. It was beginning to get on his nerves.

After a moment more, Neepik decided that he had dealt with quite enough running. If Kyle would not leave him be, then Neepik would get the Padawan off his back--permanently.

The large beast turned around suddenly and with a gigantic hand tried to push Kyle out of the tree using the Force.

Kyle Krogen
Jul 10th, 2004, 11:25:23 PM
Kyle was shot from his perch on a branch and started tumbling toward the distant ground. He managed to grab a lower branch as he fell, He pulled himself up on it with a force aided jump was back on the Neepik's level

Snap-Hiss came the sound of Kyle's sabre igniting in his right hand. He knew the monster had the advantage up here so he was going to let it move again before he does.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 15th, 2004, 06:53:17 PM
Wei settled down again. He had lost feeling in his feet from staying on his knees for so long and they had begun to hurt him. His awareness of his discomforts escalated, and soon every itchy place screamed to be scratched.

The girl gurgled more and more. The sounds were good. That mean that she was able to get at least some air. Just a bit more, he thought to himself and made one last great struggle.

Neepik
Jul 25th, 2004, 12:41:39 PM
Now the Jedi had a weapon to bear on him. Neepik had never recieved a lightsaber from his teacher, and now found himself disadvantaged.

"You cut off my tail with that thing," Neepik growled. "You will regret doing that."

Now was no longer the time for rage. Now instead was the time for cool thinking. Planning, deception, and subtlety were now the order of the evening.

Neepik shut his eyes and melted into the shadows of the trees. he dug into the bark with his hands and feet and crawled down the trunk and onto the underside of the branch Kyle was standing on, doing his best to maintain silence. Now it was time to wait for Kyle to let his guard down. The darksider kept his ears open, listening for the tell tale signs that Kyle had relaxed.

Kyle Krogen
Jul 25th, 2004, 10:18:13 PM
Kyle's eyes dart around as he searched for the creature. It had been here a second ago and then disapeared. He moved over to another branch and peer down with his lightsabre hanging at his side and his other hand holding onto the branch.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 28th, 2004, 07:51:40 PM
At last the girl gasped and coughed and began gulping in huge lungfuls of air.

"At last. I was about to lose it."

The villagers helped the girl up and checked her all over to see that she was ok. Then they all turned to Wei and began to thank him in their language. The Knight also heard fear and worry in the voices of some parents.

"It's ok. I'll stay in case it comes back." In a quieter voice Wei added, "Kyle, you're on your own pal. Come back in one piece, ok?"

Neepik
Jul 28th, 2004, 07:56:15 PM
Without any warning Neepik reached around the limb and grasped Kyle firmly by the wrist and yanked him off of into space. Neepik held his grip on the Padawan, though, and tried to shake the lightsaber from his grip. Until Kyle lost the lightsaber, Neepik would continue to be disadvantaged.

Kyle Krogen
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:51:16 PM
kyle was suprised by Neepik's sudden attack. When the monster tried to shake the sabre from his hand Kyle just held on as tight as he could while he tried to think of his next move

He spotted a long branch behind Neepik's head, He used the force to bend the branch away from Neepik and then let it go so that it would hit the monsters head if he didn't move.

Neepik
Jul 29th, 2004, 09:00:07 PM
The branch hit the beast squarely in the cheek. The bone mask served its purpose though and reduced the damage to a dull throbbing pain. Neepik had a hold of Kyle's lightsaber hand and bent his wrist in and twisted slightly to open the Padawan's hand and shook it again.

Kyle Krogen
Jul 29th, 2004, 09:43:51 PM
Kyle clenched his teeth as his wrist was twisted and shaken. His hand opened against his will and his sabre droped from his hand. Thinking fast Kyle used the force to pull the sabre to his free hand

He grined as He slashed at the creature's arm that was holding his arm.

Neepik
Jul 31st, 2004, 08:20:14 PM
The shaft of light blurred past, and the next thing Neepik knew, there was a small chunk taken out of his arm. He howled in pain and flung Kyle at the nearest treetrunk.

Due to the heat of the lightsaber, his wounds had already sealed up. It would take a bit of time before he would regenerate if they stayed sealed. Neepik gritted his teeth and clawed open the cut on his arm, then took his tail in his hand and tore the flesh off the end of his tail so the blood would flow and scab normally. He needed those nerve endings to be alive.

Kyle Krogen
Jul 31st, 2004, 11:10:25 PM
Pain screamed through his body when he hit the tree trunk. He started falling but grabed onto a vine that was on the tree trunk he had just hit. Kyle clenched his teeth while he held onto the vine with his free hand

He pressed his feet against the trunk of the tree and jumped off it with the force and headed up and landed back infront of the beast. He rushed forward, moving carefuly along the branches and vines as he made his way to the monster

When he finaly reached it he slashed horizontaly toward the front of its body.

Neepik
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:06:02 PM
Neepik dodged aside and snatched at a vine hanging to the side. The vine broke off into his hands and the humanoid used it like a whip, and lashed out at the Padawan.

Kyle Krogen
Aug 1st, 2004, 09:57:48 PM
The vine lashed out and hit Kyle on the arm, it tore the sleeve of his robe open and cut into his flesh aswell. Kyle tried his best to hide the pain from his face

He moved at the monster and raised his sabre and brought it down, the sabre came short of the monster but at the end of the drop Kyle thrusted it forward at the creatures stomach.

Neepik
Aug 2nd, 2004, 09:39:09 PM
Neepik had jumped over Kyle in reaction to the feinting slash, and climbed higher into the trees. THe Darksider wondered how Kyle would do closer to the top.

Kyle Krogen
Aug 2nd, 2004, 09:55:48 PM
Kyle looked up and fear started to creap into his heart. The higher he went the higher Neepik's advantage and the lesser his I need to force him down he thought as he deactivated his sabre and grabed onto a vine

He pulled himself up it not wanting to exert his force energy too soon. He reached the next level and looked around, it seemed even darker up here and Neepik most likely was hiding at the moment

Kyle reactivated his sabre and looked around, the shadows danced as he moved along the branches looking for the beast.

Neepik
Aug 4th, 2004, 07:25:34 PM
Neepik was enjoying himself for a moment. Up in the leaves, it was easy to hide. Yes, he was enjoying himself. HE released his hold on the tree's limbs and fell on the Padawan with all his weight, once again trying to get the lightsaber out of Kyle's hands.

Kyle Krogen
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:43:23 PM
The air was knocked out of him as the mighty bulk of the monster came crashing down on him. He couldn't bend his arm enough to stab Neepik. He looked up and saw a loose hanging vine a little way from his face . He used the force to move it and wrap it around the monsters neck

The vine tightened and he hoped it'd be enough to get the beast off him.

Neepik
Aug 16th, 2004, 04:49:31 PM
The beast's neck bulged as it strained against the vine. The little Jedi was clever, no doubts there. But doubts were beginning to appear in Neepik's heart and mind concerning his own ability to fight off this adversary.

He reached up with his hand and pulled hard, breaking off the vine and taking it from around his neck, and stood up straight. He coiled the thing into a whip and brought it down hard on Kyle.

Kyle Krogen
Aug 18th, 2004, 01:37:32 PM
Kyle started to turn but senced the vine coming and rolled to the side, The vine still caught him on the thigh and cut through clothing slightly into his skin

He finished his roll and jumped to his feet with his lightsabre swinging wildly at the monster.

Neepik
Aug 19th, 2004, 12:46:31 PM
The cut ran deep into Neepik's upper thigh. A wound for a wound. Not bad on Kyle's part.

Neepik now held a grudging respect for the young Padawan. However, it was time to move on. In the distance Neepik could hear the sound of water, and headed for it as fast as his wounded leg would carry him, swinging from limbs and vines like a serpentine ape.

"Follow me, if you can," he muttered to himself.

Kyle Krogen
Aug 25th, 2004, 03:22:49 PM
Kyle deactivatd his sabre and moved after the monster, He couldn't move as fast through the trees but managed to keep close enough to see it through his force inhanced vision.

Neepik
Aug 25th, 2004, 05:03:31 PM
The newly torn flesh on the stub of Neepik's tail had begun to stagnate and scab over. Once the scab did its job and flaked off, his tail could begin to grow back. That was good.

At last, he was there! The rushing sound of the waterfall now roared in the humanoid's ears, and Neepik clung to the branches to look over the cliff at the churning waters below. He chuckled and jumped up into the crown of the tree to hide in wait for the Jedi Padawan.

Kyle Krogen
Aug 25th, 2004, 09:58:25 PM
Kyle lost sight of the monster as he neared the waterfall. He stoped on the largest branch that was close to the waterfall, He admired it for a moment before looking around for Neepik, His lightsabre reactivated as he searched.

Neepik
Aug 26th, 2004, 07:13:11 AM
It was in that moment, when Kyle stopped to take in the view, that Neepik struck. All he needed was one good hit, and he could knock the Padawan over the side.

The Darksider swung his fist at Kyle's back, hoping it would be enough to do the job.

Kyle Krogen
Aug 26th, 2004, 03:42:20 PM
Kyle felt something coming behind him and moved off to his side but not fast enough. Neepik's attack caught him on the shoulder and spun him around on the branch and caused him to loose his balance and fall off

He reached a hand up and grabed the branch with one hand and his lightsabre was held in the other, his head was spinning from the blow and all he could do at the moment was hold on.

Neepik
Sep 3rd, 2004, 10:05:12 PM
At last! Clearly, he finally had the advantage! Neepik wrapped his tail around one of the thicker limbs and gave the branch holding Kyle a good hard shake.

"At last, I shall have your life for what you have done to me!" He gloated.

Kyle Krogen
Sep 8th, 2004, 09:05:28 PM
Kyle held on for all he was worth but still he was losing his grip, He looked around for a way out but it seemed to only but him in Neepiks attack range

A plan formulated in his head and he quickly went about to do it. He used the force to spring up the tree, as he came up he pushed himself to the side and away from Neepik and closed to the trunk of the tree which branches they where on

Kyle swung his sabre and cut through the branches around him as fast as he could starting with the one neepik was one and moving to smaller ones around him so Neepik could'nt grab them to stop his fall.

Neepik
Sep 8th, 2004, 09:56:31 PM
As Kyle sprang up and around Neepik the large Darksider reached out instinctively to grab him in a fit of rage, only to grasp air.

Then all of a sudden, things began to slip and Neepik found himself tumbling head over heels into space towards the lagoon at the bottom of the cliff. There was a loud splash, and then Neepik was gone.

Kyle Krogen
Sep 9th, 2004, 08:56:49 PM
Kyle watched the lagoon until the ripples died down and then slowly made his way down to ground level by sliding down the tree trunk and using the force to slow himself when he neared the bottom

He moved to the water edge and looked around for the monster. He took a few steps back and kept his sabre ready incase the beast jumped out at him from the water or sorounding growth.

Neepik
Sep 10th, 2004, 12:19:25 PM
The water was cold and deep. As Neepik sank lower, a current caught him up and began to send him downstream. Neepik simply allowed the river to take him away, as he mulled over the fight in his mind.

I lost to him. But next time, I'll make him wish he had never become a Jedi.

At last Neepik summoned up the strength to drag himself out of the raging current and onto shore, several hundred feet away, and quite out of sight from Kyle.

Now was the time to nurse his wounds and find a way to defeat Kyle Krogen.

Kyle Krogen
Sep 11th, 2004, 05:31:43 PM
After waiting several minutes Kyle concluded that either Neepik had died in his fall, drowned in the water or escaped to somewhere else "Oh well" He said to himself "If he does show up again I'll be ready" He turned and made his was through the jungle

Fatigue cought up with him and made it hard to navigate through the dence growth. after what seemed forever Kyle finaly senced the Wei's presence and headed for it

He stumbled out of the woods where he had enterted it and headed for the torch light that was coming from the village. blood driped from the wounds Neepik had inflicted on him and his vision was getting blurly as he grew more and more fatigued.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 11th, 2004, 09:43:47 PM
The collective gasp of the crowd made Wei look up from where he was sitting and playing with the village children.

"Kyle!" he yelled with concern in his voice.

The master ran over just in time to catch his young Padawan. He was hurt, but it seemed none of his wounds were fatal.

"You just rest. I'm going to heal up these wounds right now."

Kyle Krogen
Sep 11th, 2004, 10:25:28 PM
Kyle closed his eyes and nodded his head and was soon asleep in his master's arms.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 12th, 2004, 06:51:16 AM
Kyle's rhythmns were so calm, serene even. "You've done some growing, I see," Wei thought.

The process went quickly, and soon Kyle was as good as new. The elder woman approached and smiled at the sight of the two Jedi.

"You are like father and son," she said.

Wei smiled and nodded. "All my Padawans are like that to me. This one needs some rest. We'll find out tomorrow what happened between him and the monster."

The elder nodded. "Come this way. We have two extra beds prepared for you."

The Knight got up and followed the elder out to a hut and set Kyle on one bed, took off his boots and pulled the blanket over him before finally settling down to bed himself.

"Good night, Kyle Krogen. Truly you are a hero."

Kyle Krogen
Sep 13th, 2004, 10:39:58 PM
Kyle rolled over onto his back with a groan and sat up slowly while rubbing his eyes. He blinked in the sunlight that was coming in through a open window near the bed he was in

The memory of last night came back and he groaned again "Did I really fight that monster" He said to himself not really believing that he had defeated the mighty beast

He stood up and looked out the window, the aun was high in the sky "Man, I've been sleeping all day" He fumbled around on the floor for his boots and tried to get them on his feet.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 14th, 2004, 07:02:07 AM
"Morning, Padawan!" Wei called from outside the hut. "We were wondering when you would wake up. You must have been exhausted. Get dressed and then come out here! The townspeople want to see their hero!"

The entire village was indeed out in force to see Kyle. They pressed in around the entrance to the hut, and Wei sat on the steps, blocking the way.

Kyle Krogen
Sep 14th, 2004, 09:53:42 PM
"Just give me a moment master" Kyle said while still struggeling to get his boots on. once they where on he straitened his cloths and ran his hand through his hair "Gross" He said to himself as he pulled his hand away from his dirty. messy hair "Oh well"

He moved toward the door and looked out at the crowd that had gathered.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 15th, 2004, 09:01:59 AM
Immediately the whole village burst into loud shouts of praise for the Padawan! The people had managed to learn Kyle's name and now chanted it at the top of their lungs.

"What a show, eh?" Wei shouted over his shoulder to his Padawan. "By the way, they want to treat you to food before we leave today. The table is set in the square."

The Jedi Knight got up from the steps and moved to the side, allowing the crowd access to Kyle. They grabbed him up and placed him on their shoulders and carried him to the small square and sat him down at the head of the table.

Food was set out for lunch, with numerous fruit dishes, roasted birds of various sorts, and even some more exotic dishes, including a cooked snake. Wei sat down at his Padawan's right side, and the elder on his left.

"This is going to be an adventure in and of itself," Wei whispered to Kyle.

Kyle Krogen
Sep 15th, 2004, 09:30:57 PM
Kyle laughed when he was lifted up on the shoulders of the villagers I feel like a king or something he thought as he waved to the villagers and listened to then shout his name

Once he was set down at the table he looked its dished over "Well I am very hungry master" He said and his stomach growled to comfirm it "I just don't know what to try first."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 16th, 2004, 06:54:28 AM
Lucky for Kyle, he didn't have to make up his mind--the villagers were already piling his plate high with all the food on the table. Each villager had gone foraging early that morning, and had been working non-stop to prepare a dish for the meal, and Kyle was going to be trying some of all of it. The Padawan's plate travelled hand over hand to where he sat and stood before him like a majestic culinary mountain.

"Dig in," Wei chuckled, and waited for his plate.

Kyle Krogen
Sep 16th, 2004, 02:50:52 PM
Kyle selected something that looked like white meat and took a bite of it "Mmmm" was his onlt responce before he took another bite another and was soon finished with that and then me moved onto other foods not caring what they where.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:05:07 PM
Wei's plate soon got to him and he went at it with a will, eating some from everything.

"I've never seen anyone eat so fast," the elder said. "You Jedi have some mighty big appetites."

Wei;s mouth was full, so he merely nodded and went back to eating. Soon the plate was empty, and the Knight sat back to sip his water and chat until lunch was over.

"Kyle, if you can remove some of your attention from that food you got there, I'd like to hear about how your fight with the beast went."

Kyle Krogen
Sep 16th, 2004, 07:57:51 PM
Kyle swollowed what was in his mouth and then launched into the story of his battle with Neepik. All the villagers where silent and listening to the story

"....And then he fell and I cut the branches that he tried to grab" He said coming to the end of his story "And he fell into the lagoon, then I went down and waited to see if he'd survived but I didn't see him....I don't know if he lived but I think its safe to say that he won't be coming around for awhile."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 17th, 2004, 08:05:07 AM
The elder, who had been translating to the villagers, nodded sagely. "That fall is very perilous, and the river is full of dangerous rapids. I think we will be able to rest easily from now on."

Wei chuckled. "It's a good thing what you've done. Now, get your things and let's go down the trail to the landing area. Good luck building your spaceport."

The elder bowed in thanks and Wei stood from the table. "Thank you all for your hospitality. It is greatly appreciated. The Force be with you all."

Then the Jedi Knight went and gathered his things.

Kyle Krogen
Sep 18th, 2004, 02:11:48 PM
Kyle bowed to the Elders and headed for the room they had slept in and grathed the few things he had there and headed for the path that led to where their ship was

He came to the path and saw Wei standing nearby "Ok, I'm ready, lets go home" He said with a smile.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 18th, 2004, 03:00:41 PM
"Very well then."

They walked on in silence for most all the way. It was only until the clearing was in sight did the Knight speak. "So, Kyle. How do you feel?"

Kyle Krogen
Sep 18th, 2004, 03:13:54 PM
"I feel good having helped those people" He said as he looked to the side at his master's face "The fight with the monster was hard but I was happy to have had the chance to test my skills in a real fight."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 18th, 2004, 09:29:52 PM
Wei nodded. "Yes. Hmm...Tell me, something Kyle. How intelligent do you suppose that thing was?"

Kyle Krogen
Sep 19th, 2004, 10:29:23 PM
"I think it is very intelligent. It kept laying traps and knew to avoid my light sabre....and I could sence the darkside in it" Kyle shuddered a bit "The thing didn't seem to use the force but the darkside was with it."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 20th, 2004, 08:28:51 AM
Wei nodded. "The Darkside, eh? Well, that can be a problem. If the thing was not well-trained then it may have been possible to bring it back to the light. What do you think, Kyle?"

Kyle Krogen
Sep 20th, 2004, 10:10:34 PM
"Maybe" Kyle started "But it would be quite difficult to turn such a strange creature....and if he is not dead then finding him would prove most difficult."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 21st, 2004, 07:20:17 AM
Wei nodded. "Just some thoughts. It is most likely that the creature is dead. It's not something worth losing sleep over."

The ship landed just as the two reached the clearing. "Now that's what I call good timing. Kyle, you've done a good job here. When we get back to Coruscant, get some rest and enjoy yourself for a few days, then take what you've learned here and apply it elsewhere."

Kyle Krogen
Sep 21st, 2004, 02:51:53 PM
Kyle nodded his head "That sounds nice" He said with a smile as the boarding ramp was lowered from the ship "Lets go home master."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 21st, 2004, 08:59:04 PM
The trip home went quickly for Wei, mostly because he slept through most of it. The man had not had sleep in the last 48 hours, and he needed it badly.

At last the ship landed in Coruscant. Wei thanked the pilot, and returned to his room in the Living Quarters to drop off his things before catching up on all of the business he had missed on his trip.