PDA

View Full Version : Leaving.

Dae Jinn
Mar 21st, 2004, 08:07:42 PM
Since I quit my job, I'm going to be moving back home sooner than I thought I would be. My mum is cutting off her cable internet this Friday because she can't afford it, so I won't have the internet untill I find a job and possibly an apartment. I don't know how long that will take, and I need to bust my butt finding work, so I doubt I'll be able to come online at all (Unless I'm at my sisters/my place, but she's moving in May).

So, I'm sorry to everyone I'm in threads with, I won't be able to post. :( I'm going to miss talking to people who I've met here and rping here. It was a nice way to escape my crappy life. I guess I'll see you guys when I finally get back.

~ Dae/Amanda

Droo
Mar 21st, 2004, 08:22:18 PM
:cry

Dae Jinn
Mar 21st, 2004, 08:28:24 PM
*has been doing that all night* >_<

It really sucks, because I'm being forced to go to the doctors and to see a counselor. I dont want to go to a counselor to, as my mum puts it, "learn to be social". :x

Droo
Mar 21st, 2004, 08:42:46 PM
Not to dredge up a discussion similar to that from another recent thread but you're a big girl now and you don't have to see a counselor unless that is what you want. There's no such thing as learning to be social, it's not a subject they teach at schools and I'm not going to let someone, mother or not, convince you otherwise.

You're a sweetheart, Dae, so don't go letting anyone walk all over you or take advantage of that golden heart of yours. You'll be in my thoughts all the way and you will be missed so sorely here so hurry back.

DarthHERA
Mar 21st, 2004, 08:47:35 PM
Hope things come together for you quickly Dae, and that you wont be gone from us for too long. Wishing you much luck and many good things!

Dae Jinn
Mar 21st, 2004, 08:47:40 PM
I know, but it's going to be one of the "rules" of staying here. At least when I'm here, I won't have to worry about a roof over my head and food in my stomach. I'll go, and I'll do what I always do -- tell them what they want to hear and then lie when they ask if I did what they wanted me to do.

Droo
Mar 21st, 2004, 08:57:13 PM
Bottom line is your choosing to go to a counselor; I'm sure your parents aren't going to throw you out on the street should you refuse to undergo the required brain transfusion terms of your moving back in with them. I'm so sick and tired of hearing grown adults saying "I have to because mum and dad say so."

It all boils down to your principles, I guess. If you don't mind being made to feel like there's something wrong with you and thus agree to play along then that's your choice. Personally, I'd rather take the streets.

You're nobodys guinnea pig.

Dae Jinn
Mar 21st, 2004, 09:06:01 PM
There is something wrong with me, I just don't want to go. I suffer from major depression - I'm supposed to be on medication, but the last time I took it, the kind I got made me deathly ill. I'm also going to be stuck on a diet, because my mum is afraid I'll die or something.

it's more of a compromise than me being forced to do it. I go, my mother is happy, I don't have to deal with her yelling at me, which makes my life a bit easier.

EDIT -- My sister will have the net at her house, and I'll be there next week packing and getting stuff in order. I'm going to try to get online as much as I can while I still have time >_<

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Mar 21st, 2004, 09:53:36 PM
:hug * Good luck, hun

Razielle Shadana
Mar 21st, 2004, 10:41:34 PM
:(

I hear ya, Dae. :hug

Morgan Evanar
Mar 21st, 2004, 11:01:11 PM
I don't really know what to say besides good luck.

Also, changing your diet isn't always easy. Exercising regularly for a few months and then changing your diet is usually more effective.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 21st, 2004, 11:01:44 PM
Oh really? A counselor and a diet? Well, my friends forced me into a weekly workout routine, have challenged me to come up with 2 positive aspects of something every time I mention one negative thing about whatever we're talking about, I too have been told to see a counselor for my social skills, and I was even dragged out to the mall and the Salvation Army to buy new clothes that I would look good in.

Don't worry Dae Dae. It'll only be a hassle until the results start to show up. Then it won't be so bad. I'm here to support you all the way. :) Yay for Dae!

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 22nd, 2004, 01:55:43 AM
:hug see you soon hopefully, Dae

Alpha
Mar 22nd, 2004, 08:01:02 AM
:hug Take care Dae. We'll miss you!

Abbyka Laine
Mar 22nd, 2004, 08:09:28 AM
Good luck Dae. I agree about the whole counselor thing. But yeah, if you don't go, is you're mom really going to let you have no where else to go?

I know where you come from on those aspects. My mom is constantly trying to make me see a counselor, she forced me to when I was a kid. I hated it. They don't know what the hell they're doing because a counselor's advice never worked for me. I don't trust anyone with a degree saying that they understand because in the end they only understand from a bystander's point of view. Now if the counselor was in my shoes as well, I'd be more inclined to talk to them.

Dae Jinn
Mar 22nd, 2004, 01:25:23 PM
Hooray, I got $600 on my tax return. :crack

Thanks you guys for all the well-wishes. *hugs!*

Senator Thareena
Mar 22nd, 2004, 01:31:29 PM
Originally posted by Abbyka Laine
Now if the counselor was in my shoes as well, I'd be more inclined to talk to them.

If the counselor was in your shoes as well, then they'd have to see a counselor as well. :rolleyes

Dae, good luck dahling. Congrats on the windfall from the government, and goooood luck on the finding a new job. One you're happy with.

Also - if you do go to the counseling, try it without lying to the counselor. Who knows, it actually *might* help.

ReaperFett
Mar 22nd, 2004, 02:08:22 PM
:(

Hope it goes well while you're gone :wave

imported_Eve
Mar 22nd, 2004, 02:17:35 PM
Dae - it is probably all for the best. Take time and chill. Don't feel bad about being home, don't feel bad about the job. Just relax and get your head clear. Things will change when you're ready for them to.

I wish you the best. You're one of the cool people.

Ishan Shade
Mar 22nd, 2004, 03:40:16 PM
Take care dae....come back to us soon! :wave

AmazonBabe
Mar 22nd, 2004, 05:44:12 PM
:cry

Take care, Dae. Come home (SWF home) soon! You'll be in my prayers. :wave

Kitty McQuade
Mar 22nd, 2004, 05:50:11 PM
Maybe you could stay with your Sis?

Good luck and I'm praying for you.

Dae Jinn
Mar 22nd, 2004, 08:28:55 PM
Thanks so much you guys - I really appreciate all the nice posts and the prayers :hug

Kitty -- I'll be "home" (at my sisters') next week. I'm not sure when I'll be moving to my parents, I need to pack up all my stuff and find a way to get it all down here (Not that I have much stuff anyways). I'll try to be on early during the day so I can pop into Omega :)

My mum took a few shifts off work to help me look into housing (IE low-income housing) and to sort out my money issues (because I've never been able to save money >_<) So things look a bit better today.

imported_Eve
Mar 22nd, 2004, 08:31:42 PM
Part of my job is running low income housing.

Dae Jinn
Mar 23rd, 2004, 08:53:13 PM
I just got a call from my sister, inviting me to go to Toronto with her to see SCTV (the comedy troop). We get to ride in a limo and go to a party before hand! :crack
I have enough money to pay all my bills (Thank God!) and still have some left over. Plus I have $400 put away, so I'm nearly halfway to having first and last months rent. :) I'm thinking of going back to college for some multi-media courses, if I can get more student loans. So, yay me (lmao)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 23rd, 2004, 09:00:47 PM
Yay!

:crack

Gav Mortis
Mar 23rd, 2004, 09:11:08 PM
Go Dae, it's your birthday! You're gonna party like it's you birthday or 1999! You're gonna sip Bacardi or Pass the Courvosier like it's your birthday! And you know we don't give a frell because it's your birthday!

Well, it's not your birthday but still: Go Dae!

No seriously, go!

:mneh

Mu Satach
Mar 24th, 2004, 12:24:06 AM
SCTV == Cool!
Paid Bills & Still have Moola == Right ON!
Going back to school for multi-media schtuffs == RIGHTEOUS!!!

Hang in there girly girl... you can do it. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 24th, 2004, 07:44:58 AM
Wow. Things are on the up, eh? :D

Dae Jinn
Mar 24th, 2004, 06:32:49 PM
Yeah, surprizingly. *waits for something to bring it all smashing down* :uhoh

Although, I really dislike being at my parents. My mothers' cooking is gross (We had meat-loaf and it was loaded with spices and now I feel sick :x) and she's a health nut so there is nothing to eat here >_< I'm glad I'll be back "home" for a week after this. :)

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 24th, 2004, 07:26:36 PM
Ask your mom to teach you to cook. Or go buy a cookbook and learn to cook from that. Or just get a printable version of Charley's cooking thread before you make the move. Then you can cook for yourself, and your family. And maybe you'll be able to cook better than your mom. But it'll take practice and perseverance.

Dae Jinn
Mar 24th, 2004, 07:31:35 PM
Or maybe I'll just live on prepackaged food and ramen forever :x

It was just too spicy -- my step-dad is middle eastern, and lived over in Europe, so he likes lots of garlic and weird stuff I'm not used to :-/