PDA

View Full Version : A Cocoon, A Tomb...

Aten-Ra
Mar 21st, 2004, 09:51:06 AM
ATEN-RA, ANKH-IS-RA

Acolytes fell to their knees. In the ruins of the Canon Temple, a service was being held. The followers of the Aten-Ra Death Cult, the only surviving sect of the Subryn order, knelt before the alter of their leader. Each was glad in crimson and black garb, faces covered by masks, that made them appear only as specters in the shadow. Before them all stood their leader, Aten-Ra. Formerly known as Onkanon Dumah, he had once been a mere follower of the Subryn temple. Now, however, he was elevated, almost a God. What inhibited him from becoming the great power which he should have been, as an Archmagi of the Temple, was the curse that lay upon him.

ATEN-RA, ANKH-IS-RA

Though it could not be seen, because of the skulls-head mask that he wore, his eyes were aflame. The green haze that surrounded them prohibited him from using the dark magic’s that were taught within the Temple. Only a loyal few had stayed with him when they had found out that he was not the power he claimed to be. The rest, having rebelled, almost tore the Canon Temple to the ground It was a hollow shell of what it used to be now, merely a crevice for Ra to create his insular world in, to keep up illusions that he was what he was not.

IS-RA IS-RA ATEN-RA

A silence fell across the courtyard. Once, there had been only a few places in the Temple where the light from outside shone on the stone floors. Now, there was scarcely a roof to be found. Aten-Ra turned to the alter and to the stone doors that lay beyond it. Two aides held them open while he passed through, before departing to join their peers, as they filed back into one of the unbroken cloisters. In deathly silence, Onkanon Dumah moved down the steps into the unbowels of the temple. As he walked, the light of braziers on the walls flickering over his form, he felt the unnerving feeling that a being he had not encountered in some time was drawing near.

Zachariah Darmok
Mar 21st, 2004, 10:04:58 AM
' Not satisfied with the fact you are maimed without magic, you seek to become a false god?...' A voice above Aten-Ra played silky smooth against the wind as it drifted merrily down towards the one they worshiped, the muted mage.

' I always saw you as striving to regain your wisdom rather than followers...' The voice striked again, this time with a little more power and strengh. Then and only then as the voice able to be found from its source. A pillar that had once been a main support from the tample house was what a black clad figure stood, his arms clasped behind his back, his greasy hair dangling peacefully...

It was Darmok.

Aten-Ra
Mar 21st, 2004, 10:12:06 AM
One hand coming to cover his face, Aten-Ra removed the mask that covered his face to reveal one that Zachariah would remember. Though it was aged and growing so much more pale than it had once been, it was the same Dumah that had almost been anointed Elder when Darmok and Moriarty had risen by Magister Kismet’s hand. He lowered the mask, and it vanished with a wisp of light, leaving a sullen scowl etched upon his features. “You dare intrude upon my sanctuary after you so callously abandoned me? Can I not mourn in peace? Leave, Darmok… leave and let my solitude be complete.”

Zachariah Darmok
Mar 21st, 2004, 10:21:35 AM
' You bastard! Darmok roared, his voice so incredibly powerfull. His face had suddenly turned demonic and horrible and as he raised his voice a crackle of thunder rumbled somwhere in the distance, even the skys played with Darmoks voice.

' Dont you DARE to retort in such a manor you cesspool of dirt!, dont you ever dare to question my actions or bring your voice against mine you false hope for a god! And you you EVER bliam me for what happned because i swear by the dark whisper himself i shall have your heart!...'

His voice was loud and rocked a few worshipers from there positions, it seemed his booming voice had also shaken their chants and their spirit.

Aten-Ra
Mar 21st, 2004, 10:26:26 AM
“Can you even begin to conceive what this time has been like for me, what you would do in my position?” Dumah hissed, his voice hoarse and rasping. The fire in and around his eyes became even more inflamed as dulled anger burnt in him. As though reigning in his anger, he waved a dismissive hand and moved to walk past Darmok. “Take your leave, shadowrender. There is nothing that you can say or do that is of any consequence to me.”

Zachariah Darmok
Mar 21st, 2004, 10:46:05 AM
Quickly Darmocks hand swept out from under his cloak and a invisible set of bonds stopped the deity in his tracks. A blue glow encircled the once powerfull mage and trapped him within a pocket, a bubble that was impossible to move from unless the god had his own magic, which at this point, he did not.

' I suggest you parasite, that you listen to my words before dismissing me so easily or i shall show your worshipers just how un godlike you are in your state...' His voice had returned to a whisper, a convosation clearly just for the two mages.

' BE GONE! ' he raored at the dietys followers, his face disgusted with the lot of them.

Aten-Ra
Mar 21st, 2004, 10:59:24 AM
His head lolled backwards, eyes looking towards the unseen sky. Outside of the underground chamber, the followers of Aten-Ra were becoming increasingly worried. “What do you want from me, Darmok? Is there some purpose to your presence here, or have you come merely to demonstrate how powerless I am?”

Zachariah Darmok
Mar 23rd, 2004, 04:03:24 PM
' I would do that latter if you were just a fraction more ignorant...' Darmok began his voice dripping with smoth sarcastic words. ' Please, i ask of you, do not try my patience any furter, the skies are alive tonight and they growel at my command, i think you would want to be keeping your life, am i correct?'

Zachariah did not wait for an answer...

The Dark Jedi Warlock lowered his hand to release his old friend from the bone-lock curse he had placed upon him and placed his hand back within the confines of his cloak.

' Will you be at peace while i talk?' It was a warning as well as a request and he hoped the false diety knew it.

Aten-Ra
Mar 24th, 2004, 08:08:03 AM
“Make it quick,” he snapped. He wasn’t about to curb his temper for Darmok, regardless of how much the man lorded over him. Onkanon Dumah have never been one to allow others to walk all over him.

Zachariah Darmok
Mar 25th, 2004, 05:25:57 AM
'' Come...' Darmok said, his voice dead, dank and rotten. it was if Aten was mearly a tool for his army of pawns, but Darmok had a completely different objective altogether, something he hoped the man would be interested in.

Darmok glided softly from the pillar to the ground infront of Aten and smiled, it was a rare smile but it was present and genuin. Aten had after all been a close friend in the past.

' Follow me further into the ruins...' At this Darmok stalkedoff, his cloak billowing in the wind.

Aten-Ra
Mar 25th, 2004, 10:48:39 AM
He followed, with a steady, strong stride. Though magically incapable, he was still physically strong. Watching the back of Darmok’s head as they walked, he mused silently on what the mage’s purpose here might be, biting his tongue all the while. Eventually, they arrived in a suitable area – part of the catacombs, dark and containing what appeared to be a sarcophagus and some stone benches. Aten sat down upon one of them, motioning for Zachariah to do the same.

Zachariah Darmok
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:18:11 AM
Zachariah shook his head and denied the stone platform to have the honor of having the Dark Mages bottom upon it. No he was here on concerns not pleasure.

' You have fallen i see?...' Darmok said plainly.