PDA

View Full Version : What's for dinner?(open)

Alf
Mar 20th, 2004, 06:46:46 PM
The door to the B&G opened and closed with no one seeing who came in. The gaurds decided it was just the wind, until they felt a tug. When they looked down that saw two beady eyes looking back at them.

"So, what's to yet around here bud?"

The gaurds looked at Alf funny before telling him to scram.

"Geez....what a lovely crowd tonight!"

Alf wondered over to an empty table and climbed into the chair, waiting to be served.

Alf
Mar 24th, 2004, 03:02:13 PM
When the droid came over Alf tried to order a cat, but was told they weren't served at this location.

"What do ya mean they aren't served here? They are a delicacy!"

Alf
Apr 5th, 2004, 05:31:53 PM
"Well this place sure is dead. Where is everyone?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 9th, 2004, 05:47:22 AM
Lost Padawan learner, Quay'Na Rakai-Scott had been sitting at the bar, drinking...fruit juice. She would've had something stronger, but she was thinking on better terms of her pregnancy and decided against it.

She was still in her first trimester and and the morning--or all day, all night sickness hadn't passed yet, in fact since lifting her barriers and discovering the fact, she was ill quite often.

But, tonight she felt pretty good, for once. The Padawan watched the small furball walk in, he was a darksider nonetheless. Being a symbiont with nature, she could hear random thoughts going through his mind, but she wasn't really paying much attention.

Still, he seemed kinda down on his luck, arguing with the server droid about not having...cat? Ugh! She didn't eat meat to begin with, but eating a cat didn't sound the greatest either and she was sure he'd simply tell her it tasted like chicken, so why not have a chicken instead?

Grabbing her drink, she scooted off her bar stool and walked over. "It isn't as busy as usual tonight, the evenings are getting nicer and everyone wants to be outside. It's normal." She smiled and gave him a nod. "I'll keep you company if you'd like."

Alf
Apr 9th, 2004, 12:50:31 PM
Alf looked at the woman.

"Sure I'm bored. The name's Alf by the way. And you are?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 9th, 2004, 05:01:56 PM
Quay'Na sat down across from him. "Names Quay'Na Rakai-Scott. It's nice to meet you, Alf. You must be new around these parts, I've not seen you around." She took a sip of her drink.

Alf
Apr 10th, 2004, 01:32:40 PM
"Kinda I've been around for awhile. I am just trying to get everyone to believe that I am here. I mean to must it is pretty easy to miss a little furball like me. Hey, you wouldn't happen to know where they serve good cat do you?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 11th, 2004, 08:13:04 PM
Quay had to laugh. "No, cat is not a very common dish around these parts, Alf. I can't think of anywhere that serves cat, maybe you could try Mid Coruscant, they might somewhere."

Alf
Apr 11th, 2004, 08:19:38 PM
"Hmmm...I'll try that thanks. So sister what brings you here?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 11th, 2004, 08:30:02 PM
"I'm pregnant and I really needed something to drink before I went home and this is as good of place as any. Used to come in here all the time. Not so much now." She smiled slightly as she sipped her drink. "What about you, what brought you here this fine evening?"

Alf
Apr 11th, 2004, 08:49:00 PM
"I am just trying to find somewhere for a decent meal."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 12th, 2004, 07:08:52 PM
"Well, the food is good here, but unfortunately they don't serve cat." She answered lightly. "What else do you like?"

Alf
Apr 12th, 2004, 07:16:07 PM
"Pretty much any kind of meat." Alf smiled showing his four prominet teeth.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 12th, 2004, 07:29:00 PM
"Well, I'm not a meat eater, I'm a vegetarian. But, I hear the Nerf pot roast is a good selection. You might try it."

Taataani Meorrrei
Apr 12th, 2004, 08:25:49 PM
...slurrrrrrrp...

A table away, Taataani sucked a writhing Juk'Dorr's tentacle through her lips, and swallowed heavily before cramming a live Sajoi in her mouth after that. All around her, plates and bowls were being systematically cleared of their contents, live or otherwise. A klatooine paddy frog attempted to make a break for the table's edge and freedom, before the Cizerack's quick hand snatched him in mid-flight, quickly guiding him towards her hungry mouth where he was chomped in half with a MMRMPH. Pausing to lick her lips, Taataani wolfed down the still-twitching legs without ceremony.

It had been a long day of shopping, errand-running, and general busy-bodying. The Cizerack Matron was more than famished, and was packing it in. She stripped a row of raw skimmer fish clean to the bone, before hefting a mighty dewback rib to gnaw on.

As she ate, her eyes roamed the room for a sign of a familiar face. Always one to chat the ear off of somebody, even with a mouth full of food, Taataani longed to "chew the fat", so to speak. She'd been away from the gossip mill for a while, and it felt good to talk to friends.

Her spectacled eyes stopped at the sight of a peculiar-looking alien, sitting nearby. This particular Forrda looked awfully similar to a kind of creature spoken fondly of in certain Cizerack culinary circles.

Good for Taataani.

Bad for the stranger.

Her tummy gurgled in an un-satisfied manner, and she cast a forlorn eye at the remnants of her dinner, noting that aside from a fat Ithorian song pheasant, there was no more live meat on her plate.

-chomp-

And as Taa pushed a pair of bird feet in her mouth, even that too was gone.

The felinoid stared at the short, furry creature with the ridged muzzle, mentally considering how much of a faux pas it might be to make dessert out of him.

Alf
Apr 12th, 2004, 10:20:58 PM
"Hmm...I think I'll try that..." Alf said as his eyes wondered to the felinoid. His eyes grew wide and he opened his mouth slightly.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 13th, 2004, 03:22:37 AM
Quay took note to the little guys mouth-watering stare, it seemed and turned to look. Oh, dear.

This wasn't good, no good could come out of this.

Alf
Apr 15th, 2004, 06:21:39 PM
Alf shook his head and turned back to Quay. "I'm sorry you say something?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 17th, 2004, 04:11:14 AM
"I don't really think that cat is one to even give thought too. She may just bite back." Quay told him quietly.

Alf
Apr 17th, 2004, 05:22:46 PM
"Hmm....feisty eh? I like that in a cat. Makes it all the more tender..."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 18th, 2004, 04:15:08 PM
Quay had to laugh. "Well, I suggest you forget about that one. Don't need a bar room brawl."

Alf
Apr 18th, 2004, 04:24:31 PM
"There's nothing wrong with a little fun every once in awhile, but if you insist. Besides, I don't have anything to protect myself with now that I think about it."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 18th, 2004, 04:33:57 PM
"And I would hate to see you get cat scratch fever."

Alf
Apr 18th, 2004, 04:36:00 PM
Alf looks at the woman with curiosity in his eyes. "And what would that be honey?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 18th, 2004, 08:15:20 PM
"It's an illness brought on by having too many cat scratches, makes you very ill for a few days. A friend of mine had it while I was growing up. Basically, you feel like Bantha poodoo."

Alf
Apr 19th, 2004, 12:39:57 PM
Alf slowly drew back with his mouth hanging slightly open, his eyes growing wide. (http://www.tvshows.de/alf/images/ep-006/thumbs/07.htm) He pointed to the cat thing with a little stubby finger. "They can do that!"

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 19th, 2004, 07:59:51 PM
"Yeah, so I would suggest you behave yourself around something that is twice the size of you. Where are you from anyway?"

Alf
Apr 20th, 2004, 12:22:17 PM
.Alf cast one more glance at the huge cat before returning his attention to the food he already had. (http://www.tvshows.de/alf/images/ep-005/thumbs/14.htm) "Don't know. My species is like the ryn, we just travel. I was abandoned on Coruscant and from their I was a either a slave or servant."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 22nd, 2004, 08:35:42 PM
"I have a good friend that was a servant as well." Quay'Na said as she took a drink. "She was finally able to get out of that life as well."

Alf
Apr 23rd, 2004, 12:11:42 AM
"She is lucky then. Not many of us are able to do such a thing."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 24th, 2004, 06:03:48 AM
"Yes, I agree. She is very lucky." Quay answered and tilted her head. "But, you're free too now, so you have a whole new life to look forward too."

Alf
Apr 24th, 2004, 04:23:19 PM
"Free? Yes for the moment until omething else comes up and then I am right back where I started."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 24th, 2004, 09:09:58 PM
"But, how could that happen now?" Quay asked.

Alf
Apr 25th, 2004, 03:29:47 PM
"Like I said. I am much like the Ryn. I have to do something to make a living."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 25th, 2004, 07:57:07 PM
"Doesn't mean you have to sell yourself to slavery. What are you good at? Perhaps, I can help."

Alf
Apr 26th, 2004, 02:40:30 PM
"Anything others wouldn't think of doing."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 26th, 2004, 08:03:01 PM
Quay thought for a few moments. "Hmmm, ever worked on a farm?"

Alf
Apr 27th, 2004, 05:26:56 PM
"Every type you could imagine and in every season you could imagine."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 07:46:31 PM
"I work part-time at a place called the Wildside Animal Refuge. We are always in need of stable hands, if you're interested. The job would be feeding, watering, cleaning stalls, taking the animals to and from the grazing lots."

Alf
Apr 29th, 2004, 01:00:20 PM
"Hmm...I'll keep it in mind. I am waiting for something else, but if it doesn't go through then I might think about joining you."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:22:19 AM
Quay'Na nodded. "I know it's not much but, the Refuge does offer a good paycheck and benefits to their workers. I'll give you my comm number if things don't work out."

Alf
Apr 30th, 2004, 12:40:24 PM
"Ok, but I think I should be ok. This Lilaena De'Ville character showed some intrest to me and said she would be my teacher for the Force."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:06:00 PM
"Then I bid you good luck on your teachings." Quay nodded.

Alf
May 2nd, 2004, 01:55:49 AM
"Thank you. And good luck to you and...whatever it is you do."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 2nd, 2004, 08:26:20 PM
"Well actually I work at Wildside, I study the animals there and help care for them and soon I'll be helping my sister with her new club. So, I am quite busy."

Alf
May 3rd, 2004, 07:20:05 PM
"Club? Are you going to be serving meals there?"

Quay'Na Rakai
May 10th, 2004, 09:02:49 PM
"Yes, Sir and I'll see about the cat specials. We may be able to work something out for you."

Alf
May 11th, 2004, 01:02:23 AM
His furry little hands came up as he contemplated this, and his mouth already drooling. "Really then...wonerful."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 11th, 2004, 01:56:15 AM
"Well, my sister believes in pleasing her customers and so do I." Quay nodded with a smile.

Alf
May 11th, 2004, 07:10:48 AM
"Then your business will do well indeed."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 16th, 2004, 08:19:17 AM
"Well, it's meat that's all it is. Meat and I'm sure we can order it from somewhere." Quay nodded.

Alf
May 17th, 2004, 08:57:24 PM
"Hmm....indeed. Well the best cat is from the Core worlds. A little tip for you."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 17th, 2004, 09:06:21 PM
"I shall keep that in mind, my furry friend." Quay nodded. "Anything else I should know?"

Alf
May 18th, 2004, 04:26:08 PM
"Hmm...there is to many secrets that I just can't divulge about cooking cats to you I am sorry," Alf said with a real sigh of depression. He knew he couldn't just give out the secrets of his people, but he wished this young lady's business to flourish.

Quay'Na Rakai
May 20th, 2004, 07:48:22 PM
Quay'Na nodded with a sigh. "Well, we can at least fry, broil, bake and grill."

Alf
May 21st, 2004, 05:14:12 PM
"Mmmmm...grilled cat...tastey it is. Add just the right amount of BBQ and it is heaven."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 23rd, 2004, 05:28:41 AM
Well, my sister and I will aim to please." She nodded and took another drink. "So, are there a lot of your species running around?"

Alf
May 23rd, 2004, 02:51:40 PM
"Unfortunately no. Since we have been used as slaves for such a long time we are beaten to death of disease claims us, so our numbers have really died down."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 24th, 2004, 09:21:58 PM
A hint of sadness came over Quay. "I'm so sorry, Alf. That's terrible."

Alf
May 26th, 2004, 04:58:16 PM
"Oh well if the rest of them can't survive then it is their own fault not mine. 'Only the strongest', I read that somewhere."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 26th, 2004, 05:10:42 PM
"Then I say you're a pretty tough cookie." She cracked a smile. "I know what it's like to be held against your will. I survived an abduction by my own mother."

Alf
May 26th, 2004, 06:36:39 PM
"Well then you are strong as well. Prehaps later we can see who is the stronger."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 26th, 2004, 07:45:09 PM
"Now why would you want to do that, you are a potential customer not an enemy." Quay smiled and took a drink.

Alf
May 26th, 2004, 08:18:20 PM
"You can't be both?" This concept confused the little creature. Were he was from yuo could still fight someone and buy from them. This new place was strange.