PDA

View Full Version : Scimitar-class Light Cruiser

Telan Desaria
Mar 20th, 2004, 02:41:57 PM
The Scimitar-class Light Cruiser is designed to be solely a carrier of the new SDT-4 when it comes into production. A preliminary run of eight craft are being built in OverSector Outer's classified Trebizond yards.

Relevant dimensions and information is attached in design spec.

Addition Information:

Fighter Compliment - x2 Squadrons TIE III Defenders

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 20th, 2004, 03:02:13 PM
super turbolaser? what are we, buck rogers?

Telan Desaria
Mar 20th, 2004, 07:17:18 PM
that's classified. Look in the other R and D forums. The SDT-4 is perfectly legal and the Sov's answer to Khendon's super guns

Khendon Sevon
Mar 20th, 2004, 07:28:28 PM
They're actually called densa cannons, and they require cubatom technology to operate at the MKII level without having to replace the focusing crystals after every shot, btw.

Also, for you to even know about the technology, your Victory SD has to survive the engagement.

Telan Desaria
Mar 20th, 2004, 07:49:15 PM
the SDT-4 was posted as in development before we ever planned the thread.

And I know. Either way, what do you think?

Khendon Sevon
Mar 20th, 2004, 08:39:37 PM
I think it's not what you say it is, why? You say you designed it before you encountered the Densa-Cannon, how do you know it's as powerful as one? It just suddenly is? What's up?

I think you have to top this:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34835

Have fun... oh, notice the "TOP SECRET" marks. I've decided rather than have anything "magically" appear elsewhere, I'll just hide all of my cool new technology.

Oh, as a note, I had been open with all of my technology before this.

Telan Desaria
Mar 20th, 2004, 09:16:26 PM
Now that is just ridiculous, Drew. You know that this was not meant like that. The SDT-4 was designed as a powerful weapon that could be carried aboard mission specific craft as a heavy compont of border patrol squadrons.

I added that as a frame of reference. I have no IC knowledge as yet of Federact intentions or their weaponry. Only the Captain of the Seranor has such information.

Im sorry you got upset over it, you should know that was not my intention.

Khendon Sevon
Mar 20th, 2004, 09:30:14 PM
k.

Let's just finish our Storm on the Horizon thread, shall we?

Telan Desaria
Mar 21st, 2004, 03:25:54 AM
very well.