PDA

View Full Version : return home

Damon the Shade
Mar 19th, 2004, 07:31:36 PM
Damon Came back to the chambers he had been away from. Both his former masters gone he needed time to reflect on his chosen path. In the end his choice was to give The order another try perhaps this time he would continue his training. He looked around the chamber his bandaged face soaked in sweat.

He needed to speak with someone but who that someone was he really didn't know. He was also worried about how his training would continue since there was a master shortage at the order. Damon spoke out in a ruff dry voice.

"I Have come home if that matters to anyone here."

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 19th, 2004, 07:46:54 PM
"Of course it matters. Despite the lack of teachers just now, a high-end apprentice is an investment not to be squandered."

The robed, hooded man approached with a friendly gait. "I don't believe I know you. Je'gan Olra'en."

Damon the Shade
Mar 19th, 2004, 08:06:48 PM
"Nice to meet you Je'gan Olra'en." The bandaged man reached out with his bandaged hand in gesture.

"I am Damon the Shade. I never hung out much with other members before that’s probably why you don't know me. I'm kind of a freak with my Bandages and all."

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 19th, 2004, 09:04:27 PM
Je'gan took the man's hand and shook vigorously.

"Doesn't matter a whit what ya look like...all that matters is if you can fight, eh?"

Damon the Shade
Mar 20th, 2004, 02:42:23 PM
"I guess your right. So what is your rank around here and who is your master if I may ask. I had two different masters already and both disappeared from the order."

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 20th, 2004, 03:36:01 PM
"Well, I'm an apprentice to Southstar, though I've gone through a few masters in my time here. Jodah, Oolana Taine..." He ran a hand through his hair.

"It's all worth it, though. I've heard encouraging things about being knighted soon, so I'm patient.

"Who've you been through as far as Masters are concerned?"

Damon the Shade
Mar 21st, 2004, 01:54:39 PM
"My first master was Malice and my second was Jodah. I was given as gift from Malice to Jodah I guess. Now I guess I need to look for a new one and hope I reach Knight someday."

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 22nd, 2004, 07:42:19 AM
"It's only a matter of time," the acolyte said sympathetically. "I was lucky enough to get one who wasn't too weighed down with an apprentice load, and that's pretty few. If Rivin - our latest Sith Knight," he clarified, "would get off his duff and train more than one or two, we might get somewhere. But as it is, we've got two or three apprentices who are approaching Knight level. You shouldn't have to wait long.

"Malice..." he mused. "Met him once or twice. Watched him fight. Scariest thing I ever did see."

Damon the Shade
Mar 22nd, 2004, 03:37:33 PM
"Yeah was a scary fighter. I guess I can wait for a master there has to be a lot of other stuff to do around. Am I right about Je'gan?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 22nd, 2004, 05:38:32 PM
"Sure," he replied sarcastically. "You could spar...or spar...or when all else fails, spar...and then you could read and spar some more.

"In all seriousness, Coronet has plenty to do, and if that doesn't satisfy you, the Saiatah might be fun. Never been there per se, but I hear it's quite something."

Damon the Shade
Mar 23rd, 2004, 12:57:33 AM
"I'm guessing you like the sparing aspect of this place?"

Damon chuckled under his Bandages, the clacking of his teeth could be heard.

"This Saiatah seems like a pretty public place. I'm not really a public kind of a guy, I tend to scare the kids." Damon Chuckled again.

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 23rd, 2004, 05:06:17 AM
Je'gan shrugged. "We don't have that many kids around here, but from what I've heard they don't scare easily. Besides which, a few bandages here or there shouldn't scare anyone."

He coughed, aware that this was potentially a touchy topic. "How'd you get hurt, might I ask?"

Damon the Shade
Mar 24th, 2004, 12:03:02 PM
"I was scientist of sorts and was studding a new explosive chemical. All the tests had gone well, me and partner where going to introduce it the NR. Before that could happen all the people I thought where friends even my partner turned against me Jealous of my find or perhaps they new that the NR would ban the chemical as soon as I showed it to them.

Anyway they contracted a hit out to a Hutt mob boss in the area. they came and attacked me and my partner when we where on the final test. I in the process they blew up my lab with me in it. They thought me dead but I was blow in to a the local reservoir to semi safety. My body was found the next morning by some strange doctor who thought he could heal me.

He cut part of my Brain with the pain sensory in them so I couldn't feel the burns no more. I am bandaged from head to toe because there are parts of my body that will never heal. I want revenge on those who did this to me. I pledged my life to this place so I could achieve that goal someday."

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 24th, 2004, 05:20:28 PM
Je'gan rocked back on his heels at the unexpected depth of the story. Here, he knew instinctively, was someone who'd be very dangerous someday if he wasn't already. Not everything in this new arena of life he'd entered was about power, or skill. What Damon had was drive, and whether he had power to match or not...

"That's quite the story," Je'gan said sombrely. "I'm afraid mine is somewhat pale by comparison, and along different lines. An accident, a dead family, a quest to honour their memories. Not even close to what brought you to Corellia.

"I'm not driven by hate. Perhaps I should be."

Damon the Shade
Mar 30th, 2004, 11:53:27 AM
"Hate can be a powerful tool but it can also be a weakness. Hate can cloud your decision making. Perhaps your reasons for being are much greater then mine. All I wish to do at this point is get a master and use my hate and anger to aid this Order."

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:40:14 PM
"I'm merely after a different form of greatness, Damon. I want to make a mark in the galaxy, and that's no better or worse than revenge."

Damon the Shade
Apr 17th, 2004, 07:42:52 PM
"True enough Je'gan." Damon tried to smile but it was barely visible through the bandages. "It was nice meeting but I should be working on get self reacquainted with he order and such. Finding new master and all that."

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 20th, 2004, 09:18:14 AM
The smile didn't quite reach his lips. In point of fact, Je'gan should really have moved on; he was busily researching mental techniques, and was actually on his way to the training grounds to test them.

"I'll see you around, then. Bonne chance."