PDA

View Full Version : New Troy Trailer

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 19th, 2004, 12:17:53 PM
This is the longer one, it looks great

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/troy/trailer/medium.html

I love them now picking Cox as Agamemnon, still haven't shown anything of Sean Bean as Odyesseus, though I think I heard his voice on the trailer.

Charley
Mar 19th, 2004, 12:29:24 PM
I wouldn't exactly call it "new", but that's neither here nor there.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 19th, 2004, 12:32:32 PM
Its the newest trailer, I just found it on apple trailers section, I am guessing it debuted either last weekend or the weekend coming up (maybe with Dawn of the Dead). Alot of trailers for the Summer movies out, I Robot, and a new Van Helsing one.

darth_mcbain
Mar 19th, 2004, 12:35:10 PM
Looks pretty good. A lot of those epic sequences look very similar to the battles in LOTR - I wonder if they used the same software engines to generate those sequences? Hopefully it will be more than just epic battles, though, and there will be a good story development to go with it - cool as the battles are, without a story it can just be an empty display of special effects.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 19th, 2004, 12:46:51 PM
Well the Troy story is great one of the greatest stories ever so that part might be great.

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 19th, 2004, 12:47:41 PM
Orlando needs a haircut. ;)

But seriously. I really buy Eric Bana in this movie, he looks the part, and though I'm not sure if I can disingage my brain from superimposing lines about soap on Brad Pitt's dialogue, I think he'll do ok.

I agree, though, where is Sean Bean? Maybe they're keeping him secret till the actual movie?

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 19th, 2004, 12:55:34 PM
I like to see what he looks like in the film too. I was glad to see Cox, he looks like he will be very villanious (Agamemnon was a bad guy in the book and in Greek legend).

darth_mcbain
Mar 19th, 2004, 01:10:56 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Well the Troy story is great one of the greatest stories ever so that part might be great.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with that at all - I just hope that they are not going to gloss over the story just to show off the special effects. The story itself is great - I hope they let the action sequences supplement the story and not take center stage.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 19th, 2004, 02:04:10 PM
Yeah thats true. I hope its better than that awful USA miniseries they made last year.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 19th, 2004, 02:35:51 PM
Wow. Brad Pitt looks like he will be great in this.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Mar 19th, 2004, 04:26:54 PM
I wonder if Sean Bean will play Apollo, who would then be instrumental in slaying Pitt's character, Achilles

EDIT: Nope, he plays Odysseus. Even cooler.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 19th, 2004, 05:40:16 PM
Yeah I love that character, and why spoiler quotes? The Illiad is over a thousand years old I think it has been spoiled enough :p Also there will be no gods in the movie which I think is a good thing, just not enough time to get into them.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Mar 19th, 2004, 05:44:54 PM
I generally do it to confuse and confound people for whom moving the mouse over spoiler text is a monumental task beyond their capabilities. In other words, common courtesy.

Tear
Mar 20th, 2004, 09:13:40 PM
Not every one knows about greek legends

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 20th, 2004, 09:53:01 PM
Still its very old story I don't think we need spoilers tag for that.

Charley
Mar 20th, 2004, 09:54:05 PM
Boo hoo, get over it and mouseover already.

Tear
Mar 20th, 2004, 09:57:43 PM
mouseover?

I know all about the legends im just saying maybe not everyone here does. But then again most people on these boards are nerdy so im sure we dont have to worry about it :p

was just trying to be considerate

Figrin D'an
Mar 20th, 2004, 11:48:53 PM
This film keeps looking a little better each time I see/read something new about it. So long as they don't pull any dumb 180's from the source material, it should be a worthwhile flick.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 21st, 2004, 01:05:36 AM
That is the only thing that worries me, I read some crazy rumor that had Helen and Paris escaping together, I pray that doesn't happen.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 21st, 2004, 02:28:29 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Still its very old story I don't think we need spoilers tag for that.

Better safe than sorry, nothing wrong with what Charley did.

JMK
Mar 21st, 2004, 09:53:04 AM
I think Troy is a special case. The story has been around forever but the movie is exposing it to folks who have never even heard of the Iliad before. Spoiler tags work either way for me on this one. I won't stick someone with hot pokers if they don't use them, nor would I care if someone chooses to use them.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 21st, 2004, 11:45:34 AM
Thats okay with me.