PDA

View Full Version : MSN is the the house..

Shanaria Fabool
Mar 19th, 2004, 11:53:51 AM
The computer at my home now has MSN! My mom finaly let it get installed. now all I nead is somebody on my list to talk to!

Morgan Evanar
Mar 19th, 2004, 03:42:34 PM
Um, most of us are on the AIM network.

also: http://gaim.sf.net

Kale
Mar 19th, 2004, 03:47:11 PM
Yep, most of us are on AIM. But I have a few friends on MSN I want to keep up with. It's not a problem at school, but the MSN application at home has decided to quit working--it says Passport.net service is unavailable and I ought to check to see if I'm connected to the internet. I have, and I was...

And, meanwhile, it's not letting me connect to MSN through Trillian, either. Any suggestions?

Commander Zemil Vymes
Mar 19th, 2004, 03:48:16 PM
and a few of us conglomerate everything and use Trillian.

Rasha Vill
Mar 19th, 2004, 04:09:45 PM
Well, My mom only let MSN get installed since one of her long time friends that she dosen't see often just got on to MSN and she wanted to talk to her. And nothing gets installed on the internet conected computer in the house without my mom or dad's permision. So All I got is MSN and thats the only one that my mom will allow on since it's the one she needs.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 19th, 2004, 05:53:06 PM
Thats loltastic to me on so many levels.

You are 21, are you not?

Commander Zemil Vymes
Mar 19th, 2004, 05:54:46 PM
And you're 21 years old.

:| Are you amish or something?

Shanaria Fabool
Mar 19th, 2004, 06:03:48 PM
Yes I am 21, but I'm still living with my parents while I'm going through college, just so I don't have the kind of expences I would if I was on my own. After I'm out of College I'll move out from my parents place. But untill then it's their house, their computer, and their Net conection.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 19th, 2004, 06:08:03 PM
Wow, ok. Thats pretty unusual.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Mar 19th, 2004, 06:14:47 PM
Stab your parents. That should alleviate the problem.

Shade Magus
Mar 19th, 2004, 06:16:18 PM
yeah..that is weird but anyways, I got MSN so if you wanna talk just ask me for my id

Lady Vader
Mar 19th, 2004, 06:16:25 PM
Ok, it's time to corrupt you.

Unless your parents are really comp-literate, you can basically load anything on that comp, and they'd never know.

It's really not that difficult at all.

Of course, this would also mean you need to know a bit about comps and how to turn off auto-login stuff and the like when loading AIM. But again, that's not difficult either.

Shade Magus
Mar 19th, 2004, 06:27:12 PM
corrupt? I know how to do that! me and the guys I work with we're almost done corrupting one of the new guys that came to work with us. It is fun.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 19th, 2004, 06:30:11 PM
GAIM also connects to MSN.

imported_Grev Drasen
Mar 19th, 2004, 08:13:29 PM
I loathe all instant messenging, but msn takes the cake. It sucks.

I'd suggest getting AIM with DeadAIM after killing your parents.

Shanaria Fabool
Mar 19th, 2004, 09:41:41 PM
Really its not like I'm going to fall apart if I use MSN. I respect their wishes, and as long as I stay in school I have no bills aside from my cell phone. So I'm not going to abuse the Great deal I have here. Even if I could get away with installing whatever I want, I will not, because it would be wrong to make them mad over something so trival. I would rather save my get my butt out of the fire excuses for something worth while... like trashing the house while their out of town, or braking one of my dad's tools.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 19th, 2004, 10:07:36 PM
The point was that no one really uses MSN at all.

Droo
Mar 19th, 2004, 10:18:38 PM
I'll refrain from commenting on the overbearing parent issue otherwise I'll end up going off on one and probably insult your entire family, lifestyle and belief system all in on. It's amazing how different things appear to be with regards to recognising adulthood and responsibility when you live in a country which allows sex at sixteen and drinking at eighteen. I think I'd have gone Hannibal Lecter on my parents by now where I in your position.

On topic, I hate MSN and it's true that the majority of posters use AIM or Trillian. I'm not too fond of Trillian or MAIM though.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 19th, 2004, 11:54:14 PM
GAIM is your friend.

And you're 21 years old.

Are you amish or something?

I'm sorry, but that truly made me laugh :lol :lol

Dae Jinn
Mar 20th, 2004, 12:00:07 AM
If she was amish, she wouldn't have electricity to use a computer with, would she?

I can sympathise about the parent thing. It is their house and you do have to live by their rules. *shrug* Some parents are more strict than others.

imported_Grev Drasen
Mar 20th, 2004, 12:12:43 AM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn
If she was amish, she wouldn't have electricity to use a computer with, would she?
Actually some amish use electricity, it's just the "old order" that refuses to. I used to work for an amish guy who explained the whole thing to me.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 20th, 2004, 12:17:47 AM
I'm right now playing Amish Paradise by Weird Al in honour of this thread

Sith Ahnk
Mar 20th, 2004, 02:00:14 AM
As an Amish person, I am deeply offended by the blatent ethonoslander I am finding in this thread.

Shame on you all. I come and churn you all into spicy tomato paste, but the horse is currently... ummmm... lets just say he is occupied.

Grrrrr.... I'll get you though. I'll find a goat.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 20th, 2004, 04:00:15 AM
Originally posted by Shanaria Fabool
The computer at my home now has MSN! My mom finaly let it get installed. now all I nead is somebody on my list to talk to!

raspberryswirl3087@hotmail.com

Shade Magus
Mar 20th, 2004, 04:18:27 AM
crawlin18@hotmail.com

Rasha Vill
Mar 20th, 2004, 12:45:03 PM
Thank you Dasq!:hug Thank you Shade!:hug I've added the two of you to my list.

Senator Thareena
Mar 20th, 2004, 01:54:15 PM
mine is jainhollie@msn.com but i'm hardly on it.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Mar 20th, 2004, 02:26:35 PM
loungiemu@hotmail.com, but I haven't logged on in a while.