View Full Version : Clearer-Class Shuttle

Jake Snake
Mar 19th, 2004, 09:15:52 AM
Clearer Class Shuttle
Class: Heavy Shuttle
Manufacturer: New Federacy Systems
Crew: 1 pilot, 2 Crew members
Length: 19m
Speed: 120 MGLT (190 w/ booster) (4 Blazer X3's)
Shield Generator: Cling-class QuandIon
Hyperdrive: GelGate Beta
Hull Material: LEMC
Generator: 1 Mini-Quantum/Gravitic Reactor
Weapons: 1 Rotating Heavy Gatling, 2 Warhead Launchers
Mine Clearing Gear: Electromagnetic pulse, 6 small tractor beams, Sonic Clearing Rockets

This shuttle is a standard Federacy shuttle with many modifications. It has a heavily reinforced hull and shields in order to survive in mine fields or when under heavy fire. This ship is made for the purpose of mine clearing, but needs the support of other ship for fire support.

Electromagnetic Pulse:
The hull of the ship is retrofited to release bursts of EMP as the ship flies. These pulses travel in all directions and disable mines instantly when they hit. Since mines have computers in them to tell them when a ship is near or to target one, when these systems are taken out, the mine is useless and will just float in space. Off course some mines can still explode on contact. For this, the shuttle has powerful Tractor beams which can push the mines away to clear a path, or push them together, far away from the ship, and than fire on them with lasers and missiles to destroy the batch. This is repeated until a whole field is cleared. Forward tractors push the mines away as the ship flies through them, after EMP has disabled them. When using EMP, all friendly ships are told to keep distance since the EMP could sometimes mess with their systems if they are not properly shielded.

Sonic Clearing Rockets:
These rockets, when told to detonate remotely, produce a several kilometer, powerful blast wave--known as sonic only for the similarity between the blast and sound waves. These waves physically destroy a large percentage of the mines they touch and move an even larger number from the ensuing shock wave.