PDA

View Full Version : World of WarCraft BETA TESTING

AmazonBabe
Mar 19th, 2004, 12:21:24 AM
Yes, it has started, and dammit, I didn't receive an e-mail for the first round.

But that's not to say I won't be getting one in the second, third, fourth, and so on rounds of testing.

(Of course, there's always the possibility something went screwy when I signed up as I actually had to call Blizzard and tell them I had problems signing up but they said not to worry about it... ya right.)

Did anyone else here sign up for beta testing of WoW, or am I the only serious WC addict? :p

Darth Viscera
Mar 19th, 2004, 05:03:48 AM
i signed up for it, and no email :(

AmazonBabe
Mar 19th, 2004, 11:30:36 AM
Don't worry Visc... there's still time.

They're gonna have something like 4 or 5 stages of beta testing, with each phase adding more testers. So there's still a chance. :)

Darth Viscera
Mar 20th, 2004, 06:08:33 AM
They'd darn well better let me in! I intend to give them an earful if their game is in fact not fun and thoroughly bug-ridden.

Pierce Tondry
Mar 20th, 2004, 12:19:39 PM
Ohh, Mrs Rieeee!

I don't know if you're really into customizing your computer's look and all that, but if you are, here's a link with some things you might enjoy:

http://www.fontempire.com/cgi-bin/preview.pl/themes/war3.zip

Tear
Mar 20th, 2004, 09:05:20 PM
Friend of mine got into it and was telling us about it. Sounds pretty kewl. If anyone here has played EQ and know the redudency of their attack actions WoW is way different with each special giving a full fledged body move. Leveling through the first few levels goes by really fast from what ive heard

Titus
Mar 20th, 2004, 10:49:31 PM
I know several people (via the internet) who are in on it. I've also seen two on a different msg board who have been with it since alpha stage. All say it's quite good. One guy said that it's in better shape now than many other MMORPG's have been in upon release.

Darth Viscera
Mar 22nd, 2004, 06:16:10 AM
I hope there's a good plot. I don't want to just be grinding missions for hours and hours and hours on end like a zombie just to level up my character, I want to be enthralled.

AmazonBabe
Apr 19th, 2004, 03:07:50 PM
PHASE TWO HAS BEGUN!

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/

And no freakin email yet. :cry Well, they did say it'd take a few weeks to receive an email, but they also said they emailed some ppl in March or something, and I haven't seen a bloody living soul in my mail box from Blizzard. *sigh* :(

ReaperFett
Apr 19th, 2004, 05:59:16 PM
Keep up hope. Think I got into the City of Heroes one in wave 3.

Pierce Tondry
Apr 19th, 2004, 07:33:59 PM
Vis, to answer you, it's my understanding that each quest you complete in the game leads to another quest you can conceivably go through. I have no evidence of this, or any idea on how good the game is since I am not a beta tester, but the Penny Arcade crew is quite enthused and therefore, so am I.

AmazonBabe
Apr 20th, 2004, 05:31:13 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Keep up hope. Think I got into the City of Heroes one in wave 3.

:) Thanks Fett. I'll keep the hope alive.

Figrin D'an
Apr 20th, 2004, 06:53:23 PM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
PHASE TWO HAS BEGUN!

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/

And no freakin email yet. :cry Well, they did say it'd take a few weeks to receive an email, but they also said they emailed some ppl in March or something, and I haven't seen a bloody living soul in my mail box from Blizzard. *sigh* :(

Given that you were in the Beta for the Warcraft III expansion while the rest of us were shut out, you have little reason to complain. :mneh

AmazonBabe
Apr 20th, 2004, 07:30:01 PM
Oh yeah?! OH YEAH?!?! Well... um... well NEEYAH :mneh

*Smothers the Figster with :hug* >D

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 21st, 2004, 01:57:12 PM
How do you get into BETA-ing anyway?

Figrin D'an
Apr 21st, 2004, 02:18:04 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
How do you get into BETA-ing anyway?

Watch the official websites for upcoming gaming projects and sign up for public beta testing when it becomes available.

-or-

Have connections in the gaming industry and become a "professional" beta-tester.

AmazonBabe
Apr 21st, 2004, 03:26:59 PM
^ What the all-wise-Figs said.

Which reminds me of a question i've had for awhile... do they have WC3 servers open in the UK? It'd be fun to play with you (Jen, Fett) if you two had WC3 (play as in play the game :p)

I think I heard they were going to have severeal over-seas servers for WoW, though I might have been hearing things.

Sun Zao
Apr 21st, 2004, 03:57:13 PM
So how do you even play WC3? There aren't any cliffs for you to jump off of when you discover that your womanly gaming skills are no match for the competition?

ReaperFett
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:00:00 PM
I don't play Warcraft 3, I suck at strategy.

And I wouldn't play WOW when I can be a superhero! :D

Lady Vader
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:08:56 PM
Originally posted by Sun Zao
So how do you even play WC3? There aren't any cliffs for you to jump off of when you discover that your womanly gaming skills are no match for the competition?

You're right. There aren't any cliffs for me to jump off from.

So what do I do? I actually PLAY the game. And I hold my own pretty darn well. (And I have ppl here i've played with that will back me up that I've actually PLAYED the game.)

I only reserve my "suicides off cliffs" for you and Patton. Don't you feel all special? :p

Sun Zao
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:30:58 PM
lol

Chauvenism has never had a better argument for its sake than the nights we played you in Jedi Knight. Seriously, off the computer and into the kitchen :cool

Figrin D'an
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:31:16 PM
You can play TCP/IP games in WC3, just like with most games. If you want play with those in the UK, they just need to have the game and you need someone with a reasonably fast connection (broadband) to host the game.

Lady Vader
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:34:11 PM
lol

Chauvenism has never had a better argument for its sake than the nights we played you in Jedi Knight. Seriously, off the computer and into the kitchen :cool

Actually, you're better in the kitchen than I am. :mneh

Originally posted by Figrin D'an
You can play TCP/IP games in WC3, just like with most games. If you want play with those in the UK, they just need to have the game and you need someone with a reasonably fast connection (broadband) to host the game.

Right you are. And now that I have broadband... anyone for a game of WC3? :D

ReaperFett
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:36:49 PM
You can simulate playing me easy.

1 - Get a 2nd computer, connect both in a game.

2 - Go to comp #2, build troops and buildings for 5 minutes.

3 - Leave that computer's team completely unpreared for attack.

4 - Go to comp #1. Slaughter non moving army.

:)

Lady Vader
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:39:05 PM
:lol Fett's strategies strike again!

ReaperFett
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:41:07 PM
Command and Conquer I was fine in, as armies of Minigunners could win the day if desperate. But Galactic Battlegrounds was humiliating, because of it's paper-rock-scissors system. I never had paper, and generally no rock either :)

Sun Zao
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:42:20 PM
Originally posted by Lady Vader
Actually, you're better in the kitchen than I am. :mneh

Because I'd already mastered video gaming, so I moved on to culinary arts ^_^;

Lady Vader
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:47:53 PM
Because I'd already mastered video gaming, so I moved on to culinary arts ^_^;

Excuses excuses :p

Sun Zao
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:59:49 PM
You've still got dancing. I can't do that to save my life :)

Lady Vader
Apr 21st, 2004, 06:00:57 PM
:D

*Does lil dance* :p

Rognan Dar
Apr 21st, 2004, 11:25:49 PM
Originally posted by Lady Vader
Right you are. And now that I have broadband... anyone for a game of WC3? :D

Well....I'm not all that great at the game, but I wouldn't mind playing. I personaly like to just do the compaign. Its much easyer that way, lol.

Figrin D'an
Apr 21st, 2004, 11:48:03 PM
Several of us used to play on Battle.net together. I wouldn't mind a game or two again.

What we really need to get some multiplayer Zero Hour going.

AmazonBabe
Apr 22nd, 2004, 01:36:17 PM
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I miss those games... and my armies of trees. :D ^_^;

Morgan Evanar
Apr 22nd, 2004, 02:14:18 PM
Lets go oldskool so everyone can play! Who wants to play Quake 2?

AmazonBabe
Apr 22nd, 2004, 02:44:03 PM
I'd love to! Except I don't think I have a copy... maybe Joe does.

Rognan Dar
Apr 22nd, 2004, 09:59:59 PM
Eck, dont like Quake. Not my style. Plus I dont have it.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 23rd, 2004, 04:46:12 AM
I have Quake 1? :lol

I don't have WC3. Once I get more cash, I might pick it up. I'd love to play WOW or some other online world thing, but I don't think I could afford to.

AmazonBabe
Apr 23rd, 2004, 08:33:06 PM
That'd be sweet if you could! :lol The two Efl's strike and invade WoW! >D

Pierce Tondry
Apr 24th, 2004, 12:37:47 AM
My Tauren Chieftan > you.

AmazonBabe
Apr 26th, 2004, 04:41:44 PM
*Huggles the Tauren Chieftan and kisses his big wet cow nose. * ^_^

Brian
Apr 28th, 2004, 12:51:22 AM
O_O

:-D Moo!

Morgan Evanar
Apr 28th, 2004, 08:50:38 AM
I'll play Quake 1 :evil

Brian
Apr 29th, 2004, 01:13:59 AM
While you're at it, why don't you dig out your old Atari and start up a game of Pac Man?

Morgan Evanar
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:52:21 AM
No.
I realize you trying to be funny, but aside from the fact that
A) I don't have an Atari,
B) I can play Quake with anyone who has an internet connection
C) Quake is still one of the best deathmatch games
I don't like Pac Man much.

Pray tell, what exactly would be wrong with having a bunch of us fire up GL Quake?

Brian
Apr 29th, 2004, 02:31:59 PM
Nothing at all. I'm just giving you a hard time because I can.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:07:10 AM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
I'll play Quake 1 :evil

I think I have my CD around here. Man, I'd suck something fierce tho.