PDA

View Full Version : Book Nook (Closed, Figrin)

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 18th, 2004, 12:05:25 AM
The silence was like a comforting blanket in the hallowed, empty halls of the archives. I walked through the main aisle, my steps even and slow. Although I often enjoyed studying in the main Archives, it wasn't often that I was called in for a discussion with other Masters. This morning, there had been a small note left on my personal message screen, a note from one of my respected collegues, Master Figrin D'an.

Turning the corner, I walked down a smaller corridor, which contained individual sudy rooms and, at the end, a few locked rooms for more sensitive information. That was where I was headed now. Using my senses, I detected which room Figrin was in, and raised my hand to press on the commlink by the door.

Figrin D'an
Mar 18th, 2004, 12:45:56 AM
Figrin was standing over a computer console at the far side of the room, when the door slid open. He turned to see Ryla enter, and watched as she looked around the room, surprised and clearly impressed. It was lined with sophisticated computing and communications equipment. A large holoscreen was fixed to the wall near where Figrin stood. In the middle of the room stood a large wooden conference table. The entire room was lighted only minimally, save for the blue-white glow of the computer screens and the 3D holomap of the galaxy projected onto the middle of the table.

"You've never been in this room before, have you," he asked rhetorically. "Not many have, save for a few of the elder Jedi. It was a holdover design from the original Jedi Temple, and when we built the new one, it was decided that it would be a good thing to have, even if it was rarely used."

He walked towards Ryla, and looked around the room himself.

"Welcome to the Jedi Order Intelligence Center, or as we once called it, the 'War Room,' ", he said. "From here, we're connected to every significant information resource in the Republic, and even some outside of it. We even have access to secure files from New Republic Intelligence."

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 19th, 2004, 03:37:55 PM
"Facinating..."I began, letting my eyes dart about the room, fixing on the map of the galaxy. It was delicate and detailed, each sector of the known galaxy coded by varying colors, and was rotating slightly on an ever-changing axis to show the depth of the galaxy. It was truly a beautiful and wonderful sight, and I felt sure that not many others were privy to such information.

"No, I've never been in here before. You wanted to see me, though?"

Figrin D'an
Mar 20th, 2004, 12:25:52 AM
"Yes," he said, shifting gears to a new topic, "I did indeed. There's something I want you to take a look at."

He motioned toward the main holoscreen, and moved towards the nearby terminal. After a few quick taps of the input panel, an image popped up. It was of a stone column fragment, quite old, broken and lying on the ground. On it's upper half were grouping of symbols, similar to those found on holocrons.

"This was found on Dantooine a few days ago," he said plainly. "A rancher was setting up an electronic barrier around some new grazing land he acquired, and he stumbled upon this, half buried. He thought it was a large rock at first, but once he started to dig it out, he found the writting on it, and wisely choose to call in an anthropologist. They unearthed it completely, took some pictures, and forwarded them to the Republic Archaeological Council. They, in turn, sent them to me."

He pointed to the more common markings, on the upper half of the column.

"Do those look familar to you?," he asked, hoping Ryla would.