PDA

View Full Version : Movin on Up - Settling In (Kwiet, open)

Dae Jinn
Mar 17th, 2004, 12:33:58 PM
"Ow."

Not a word that was usually in her vocabulary, but she could make an exception as she strained down the hall, her arms loaded down with bags and boxes.

Daetana Jinn, ex-Sith warrior, Lost Jedi, new(er) member of the GJO and now mother, was finally moving into the living quarters on the Jedi grounds. Instead of her usual stylish clothes, she wore a comfy pair of black sweats (form-fitting of course!) and a pair of grungy trainers.

She has managed to snag one of the few two bedroom rooms in the LQ, one that would be large enough for her and her newly 'adopted' son, Kwiet. The little boy was currently running through the hall, sputtering, arms stretched out to the side. The many packages she carried were all the things she could think of that they would need -- most of her own things had been destroyed in a fire caused by her previous master, Sorsha Kasajian. She was just glad the room was modestly furnished, she couldn't imagine moving furniture through these tiny halls.

Finally reaching her door, a loud sigh escaped her lips as she struggled to get her card-key from her pocket...and promptly dropped everything with a crash.

Hayes Muirso
Mar 17th, 2004, 12:46:24 PM
Hayes was a habitual wanderer. When he wasn’t training, he was ambling about Coruscant in search of- well, anything. On this particular day, however, he was taking a break from roving. After a quick trip to the Bar and Grill to pick up some food, he was heading back to his quarters to simply relax for the day. As he came down the corridor which would lead onto that which he lived on at the next turn, he heard a loud crash. Quirking a brow, he picked up his pace a bit to see what had caused the noise. Upon turning the corner he saw that it wasn’t anything as grim or dangerous as he had expected, simply someone having a little trouble moving in. “Do you want a hand?” he called, picking up pace from a brisk walk to a jog as he approached the woman and the sprawl of debris around her.

Dae Jinn
Mar 17th, 2004, 01:15:26 PM
Dae slumped to her knees, rubbing her eyes with the heels of her palms.
"Frell, frell, frell," she said under her breath, starting to repack everything. She turned her head as she heard Hayes coming up, a weak smile on her face.

"That would be..great. Actually. I'm normally not this clumsy, but it seems like it's going to be one of those days."

Hayes Muirso
Mar 17th, 2004, 01:36:27 PM
“We all have them.” He smiled and knelt down by Dae, beginning to help set things in order. From the looks of things, he was right in his suspicions that she was new here- she had everything needed for settling into one of the living quarters. “You’re new here, right?” he asked, pushing a large package of some kind into its rightful bag. “I’m Hayes.”

Dae Jinn
Mar 17th, 2004, 01:42:20 PM
"Dae."

She looked down the hall, trying to gather her things and keep an eye on Kwiet at the same time. "Yeah, I joined the Order a few months ago, but I didn't have a reason to move into the Living Quarters untill now."

Hayes Muirso
Mar 17th, 2004, 01:51:26 PM
“No?” Hayes followed her eye-line to the boy darting about in the hallway, and wondered what relation he was to her. “How’re things going for you here?” he asked, in an absent tone of voice, looking back to Dae, straightening up one of the now filled boxes.

Dae Jinn
Mar 17th, 2004, 01:58:33 PM
"They aren't. I haven't even started training yet."

"I don't know, I don't think I'll fit in here. There's the whole "former Sith" thing people might get hung up on. Not that I was that bad of a Sith anyways..." She paused, her cheeks flushing a light pink, as she brushed back a stray strand of newly-dyed blond hair. "And now I'm babbling, sorry."

Kwiet Ideya
Mar 17th, 2004, 06:39:21 PM
"VVVMMMMMMMM...SHEEWWWWW!"

Kwiet flies up the hall and springs on Dae with one of the biggest hugs he can manage.

"Mommy, I wanna help! Let me help!"

Helping is something Kwiet has become quite keen to do recently. Helping his mommy is one of his favorite things to do, even more than practicing illusions or being sneaky. Or both, which he'll do later once they've unpacked.

Hayes Muirso
Mar 19th, 2004, 12:56:39 PM
“Former Sith?” Both eyebrows raised, and the look of surprised double as Hayes narrowly avoided being hit by the small child that had just crashed into Dae. He blinked, and wrapped his arms around two boxes, in preparation for lifting them up.

“Excitable boy you’ve got there,” he noted aloud, with a smile.

Dae Jinn
Mar 19th, 2004, 01:11:02 PM
"Yeah, he's a handful." She laughed, giving Kwiet a squeeze and handing him a bagful of bedding. "Start putting stuff in this bag, okay, Kwiet?"

Gathering her own assortment of bags in one hand, she opened the door to her room with the other, gesturing for Hayes to enter.

"Er, yeah, former Sith..long story."

Kwiet Ideya
Mar 19th, 2004, 10:09:32 PM
Kwiet begins to indiscriminantly throw things into the aforementioned bag, stuffing it far beyond its limits as he makes sure to put everything in. He can't lift it, being too small for it and it being too heavy for him, so he drags it in with a pride-filled smile.

"Where do I put it all?"

Hayes Muirso
Mar 20th, 2004, 10:50:35 AM
“In there I think,” Hayes said, answering the question with a nod towards the still locked door. Dae gave a nod and, now with her hands free, was able to find the cardkey that would open it up. With one swipe, it hissed aside, revealing a standard Jedi domicile. Up onto his feet, carrying the boxes and wearing a straight face despite the dull ache starting to grow in his arms, Hayes smiled, “Ladies first.”

Dae Jinn
Mar 20th, 2004, 11:12:20 AM
Dae entered quickly, setting her things down and taking a few of the boxes from Hayes.
"Thanks so much for your help, Hayes." She called back to him as she went into the small dining area, setting the boxes on the table. She sighed, giving the room a once-over glance before returning her gaze to her fellow padawan, a tired smile on her face. "It's kinda small, but it's better than my last place."

Kwiet Ideya
Mar 25th, 2004, 08:23:20 PM
"Its better than all my old places!" Kwiet says, deciding to leave the bag in the middle of the floor. "Which room is mine?" The explorative lad has already found the two bedrooms, and keeps going in and out of them, as if trying to decide which of them was better.