PDA

View Full Version : A promise kept.....

imported_Ezra
Mar 16th, 2004, 09:26:31 PM
It had been months since his departure and he had contacted Hera and promised he'd return. Well he was making good on that promise. His boots making a dull *thump thump* as he walked along and the soft thick soles contacted the hard floor. His leather pants shone as he passed under the ceiling lights. A tight black mesh type of top clung to him as he made his way to the area her office was kept. His hair was worn down, and was slicked to look like he had just gotten out of the cleaner.

The hustle and bustle of the hangerbay was left behind him as he walked along. The training he was undergoing was helping him in huge leaps and bounds. He slept better, and didnt have alot of his anger moments.

Approaching the door, he kept a grin on. To see her face would be priceless. He was going to keep eyes open for a sign of her being "happy" that he was here. Opening the door, he stepped in and looked around....not here......hmmmm.

Looking at the chrono, he was a bit early it seemed. Soon she'd be making her way here and he was still going to surprise her. Sitting on the edge of her desk, he flicked his wrist and an audible Snikt was heard as a cersea dagger appeared. Tilting his head down, he began tp clean under his nails wth it as he waited for her.

DarthHERA
Mar 24th, 2004, 10:49:49 PM
"Ez--ra"

Her surprise was obvious in the way she tripped over the two syllable name. Her intake of breath at the unexpected visitor she found in her office, collided with the output of voice at her expressed recognition, so that his name was more "croaked" than spoken.

But she recovered quickly as she strode toward the wayward Vampyre, a nonplussed swagger in her step.

"That some new trick Daiquiri taught you, disguising your presence..?"

imported_Ezra
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:44:22 AM
He sheathed his dagger and stood up. His smile was to say the least...beaming. He walked a few steps himself and .... hugged her. He held her close and laughed softly. Breaking the embrace, he looked at her and shrugged.

" I am a quick learner Hera. You know that."

He stepped back and sat on her desk's edge once more. Canting his head to the side, he relaxed and kept his smile. He did look better than last she saw him, he looked more....like Ezra than the misheveled creature he turned into.

"How have you been? I mean, you look good....but all in all, how are you?"

DarthHERA
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:43:55 PM
"How do you think I am?" she replied silkily. "It was not me who had the emotional melt-down, remember?" Ever the provacateur.

Ezra appeared to beam more broadly at her from where he sat, if that was even possible. He was back on familiar territory.

Hera helped herself to rum, pouring herself a glass and plonking the bottle with a thud beside the Vampyre for him to take or leave.

"I see you have forgiven me for our last encounter. Daiquiri teach you that too?"

imported_Ezra
Apr 9th, 2004, 04:03:06 AM
He just smirked at her retort of who was the one that had the pleasure of losing themselves. Something he owuldnt have done if he didnt get the help. The last she knew, he would have been on the warpath with that.

"I see you have forgiven me for our last encounter. Daiquiri teach you that too?"

He leaned back propping his arms on his hands behind him.

"No.....I always had that in me Hera. I had forgiven you the moment you had done it. I just didnt have it in me to show it after that. "

He plucked the bottle next to him and took a hit of the fire water in it. Placing it down he gestured to the door with his head.

"The others.....Remkah, Jamo....O.W. How are they?"

DarthHERA
Apr 9th, 2004, 05:04:27 PM
"No.....I always had that in me Hera. I had forgiven you the moment you had done it. I just didnt have it in me to show it after that. "

Hera looked at him with that lazy smirk that told Ezra that was his whole problem...He forgave to easily. But she atleast had the good grace not to say it. After all, what was the point? If Ezra had wanted the kind of knowledge Hera had to offer, he would have submitted to it long ago.

Instead, she moved on to the next topic, as had Ezra.

"They are fine. Remkah still smokes, Jamo still jitters, OW is still short."

She shrugged and Ezra smiled. He certainly was beautiful to look at. His unruly, thick hair, his timeless eyes - so easy to get lost in. If one went for that sort of thing.

Hera deliberately kept her face a blank mask.

"Why have you come back, Ezra?"

imported_Ezra
Apr 11th, 2004, 04:51:10 AM
At the comments on his friends, Ezra snickered and cast his eyes down at the floor for a bit as he listened to her. Then he looked back up at her with that smile he always seemed to have plastered on his face. Mos ttimes it irritated her, but this time.....he said nothing and pushed it to the back of his mind.

At her next question, he shrugged and exhaled deeply.

"Because I had made a promise to you that I'd return.....I always keep my promises Hera."

He stood up and walked closer, with a more mischievous smile, then as he stopped before her, he canted his head.

"You still havent given me wha t I wanted last we talked Hera."

He knew she knew what it was....

"Smile."

DarthHERA
Apr 11th, 2004, 12:27:06 PM
"There is something seriously wrong with you Ezra, you know that dont you" she glowered at him.

She changed the subject curtly.

"How are your brats? Still alive are they?"

imported_Ezra
Apr 11th, 2004, 03:19:16 PM
"Yes.....yes i do. But its an endearing quality."

Her next question chilled him....how the frell did she know
His face went blank and his eyes spoke of caution to her as to not "go there" where his children were concerned.

"Careful Hera......I do not know how you found out, but......I trust you wont get any "ideas" in that pretty little stubborn head of your's."

He didnt want to come here and throw threats, but She was still at odds with the situation of Kariss showing up uninvited at ShadowFeane and she wasnt above using his children against his lifemate. It did bother him that she brought him to say what he did....he didnt want this.....not at all.

"They are.......fine. My daughter turns out to be like me every day.....and my son like his mother."

DarthHERA
Apr 24th, 2004, 09:56:17 PM
She received the update on Ezra's children without comment, just nodding in a slow, deliberate way that did nothing to reveal to Ezra her true motive to inquiring about them.

Instead, she steered the conversation back to Ezra and his training.

"What skills have you mastered during your tuition with Daiquiri?"

imported_Ezra
Apr 26th, 2004, 01:10:08 AM
He was glad she changed the subject, he was too careful and knew how she could be. They were friends, but it didnt mean a thing when she dealt him that punishment which broke him and sent him into the hell he was living....

"Just your basic things....so far. Enough to keep me in check, Im to learn other skills soon...."

Truth was he hadnt learned much, didnt give Daiq the time to teach alot when he decided to get his family. He would be in a world of hurt from her when he got back....he knew that, but instead would deal and face it when he returned to Fasc.

" You know me Hera.....what do I learn?"

That mischeivous smirk played once more.....knowing how stubborn and bullheaded he was. She knew that too.

DarthHERA
Apr 26th, 2004, 01:36:29 AM
An answering smirk tugged at Hera's mouth.

He would always be the kind who learnt the hard way.

"True. But I know for sure, you know lightening can strike twice"

It was a joke in poor taste, but served to let Ezra know she was aware of what it took for him to return to ShadowFaene. To return to her.

"One day Ezra - you will be on the other end of such devastating power. You must want it enough though."

imported_Ezra
Apr 26th, 2004, 01:47:30 AM
He looked at her with an arched eyebrow. Yes he would be able to harness that power...but would he really want it? He didnt before, power was never an issue with him. Never was it on his mind. For if he did, he would only become the one person he hated.

"What, and become my father?? Never....I would greet the sun before I allowed that."

He crossed his arms over his chest and had that defiant look they all loved so well.

DarthHERA
Apr 26th, 2004, 01:49:05 AM
Running a tired hand over her face, Hera sighed audibly.

"May the gods help Daiquiri in training you Ezra"

imported_Ezra
Apr 26th, 2004, 02:01:24 AM
He chuckled and leaned back.

"Ohh they are trying Hera, they are trying."

He missed being here, missed the people he spoke with. The ones he shared drinks with....even the banter between himself and Hera.

"You miss me ....dont you?"

He knew she did, and was pushing that envelope again. Anything to get her to confess something of actually caring for someone...he saw deep down, and she wasnt as hard and hell bent as she made herself to be.

DarthHERA
Apr 26th, 2004, 02:07:24 AM
"I never even thought about you once"

Her reply was automatic, a reflexive response. And completely unbelieveable. If Ezra was looking for her to willingly open up to him, he would be waiting a long time.

"Do yourself a favour, Ezra. Forget about humanising me. Its a lost cause. It is something I neither want or need. The sooner you get that through your thick skull, the better of we'll all be"

imported_Ezra
Apr 27th, 2004, 10:53:35 PM
He walked passed her and leaned in close....his whisper blowing against her ear.

"You miss me."

He chuckled as he stepped to the door and looked back at her.

"Fine....have it your way, but we both know I know different....just too stubborn to admit it."

He opened the door and prepared to walk through, turning to her again he smiled.

"I'm going to the bar. Hopefully to meet up with Rem and the boys. When you're done being such a monster, come on down and the first drink is on me...alright?"

He laughed and headed out...he was being his sarcastic self...something that Hera was used too. And something he was sure was missed around the place.