PDA

View Full Version : I think this to be pointless

Rasha Vill
Mar 16th, 2004, 04:33:00 PM
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,8970201%255E29677,00.html

I dont think it will do them much good...

Charley
Mar 16th, 2004, 04:40:14 PM
This is Fett's big chance to play Devil's Advocate.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 16th, 2004, 05:47:24 PM
I trust everyone, it's the devil in side them I don't trust.

ReaperFett
Mar 16th, 2004, 06:02:43 PM
Originally posted by Charley
This is Fett's big chance to play Devil's Advocate.
I can't do an Al Pacino impression.

Sith Ahnk
Mar 17th, 2004, 04:29:20 AM
Now that people can no longer say "the devil made me do it", expect a lot more defaults over to "uhhhh... I was drunk", and a forthcoming reanactment of prohibition.

Razielle Shadana
Mar 17th, 2004, 07:06:09 AM
Yet another grand example of religion and politics going hand in hand. Salem witch trials...hello? Someone needs to tape that woman to a chair and make her watch the Exorcist repeatedly.

One day.... >D

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 17th, 2004, 04:32:00 PM
Originally posted by Razielle Shadana
Yet another grand example of religion and politics going hand in hand. Salem witch trials...hello? Someone needs to tape that woman to a chair and make her watch the Exorcist repeatedly.

One day.... >D

Uh...what do the Salem witch trials have to do with a woman making a proclamation and putting them in the ground? She's not blaming people for what has happened in her town, just Satan.

Charley
Mar 17th, 2004, 05:22:20 PM
Originally posted by Wei Wu Wei
Uh...what do the Salem witch trials have to do with a woman making a proclamation and putting them in the ground? She's not blaming people for what has happened in her town, just Satan.

Theocratic governance, for one. Its pretty retarded.

Razielle Shadana
Mar 17th, 2004, 06:08:32 PM
Thanky very much for explaining my point there Charley. :D

Also, Government needs not be based on one womans view on what made her community go kaput. For example: Wiccan's do not believe in Satan. So for her to make such a monotheistic (sp?) statement could be seen as offensive to any of her non-christian citizens. She needs to climb out of the dark ages and get a life.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 17th, 2004, 07:22:36 PM
Theocratic governance, for one. Its pretty retarded.

Ah. Ok, now I see the connection.

Originally posted by Razielle Shadana
Also, Government needs not be based on one womans view on what made her community go kaput. For example: Wiccan's do not believe in Satan. So for her to make such a monotheistic (sp?) statement could be seen as offensive to any of her non-christian citizens. She needs to climb out of the dark ages and get a life.

I know plenty of Christians who don't believe in Satan. Her statement isn't necessarily monotheistic. She merely recognizes an evil force at work and has decided to call that force by the name she knows it as: Satan. There are plenty of other religions that believe in some sort of evil force in the world, but yet all call it by a different name. Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?

I'm surprised you're offended by this article at all. I take it you are a Wiccan. So, since you are Wiccan and don't believe in Satan in first place. So, she's made a decree against an entity you don't believe in. So, since she's not banned anything you consider real, then you've got no reason to be offended.

Razielle Shadana
Mar 17th, 2004, 08:05:25 PM
I'm not offened at all. I just find her ridiciulous having the audacity to use her own personal views as the basis for her entire community.

"The Devil runs rampant in my city so repent and cast him out and we shall have no more people that I deem bad"

Pah-lease.... :lol

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 17th, 2004, 08:36:54 PM
True. I can't say I feel strongly either way about it.

Charley
Mar 17th, 2004, 09:48:10 PM
I read an interesting report a while back on the Jewish perception of Satan vs the Christian one. Makes you wonder if the Jewish Babylonian captivity had anything to do with such perceptions, since the Christian views of Satan mirror the Persian Zoroastrian metaphysical nemesis, whose name escapes me. Jewish Satanic references (See: Old Testament) seem to hold Satan as a subservient, but diametrically-opposed being, who can only act under God's permission.

Damon the Shade
Mar 17th, 2004, 10:01:29 PM
I'm going to geyt butcherd over my beliefs someday i just know it. If God is so perfect why are all his creations not perfect. Also there is no such thing as Satan or Hell. Deaht is just the next level of evolution. Funny thing is I'm not athiest (sp). IMO there is no lwrong relegion although humans screwed up relegion by making it a belief instead of an Idea.

BTW the woman is clearly nuts and she has no right to tell people what then can and can't say or believe in.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 17th, 2004, 11:18:27 PM
I don't think that she was telling people what they could and could not believe in at all.

I also don't think that was something she should have done in her political position. If she wanted to do it on her own time then that's something else.

Razielle Shadana
Mar 18th, 2004, 08:51:04 AM
the Christian views of Satan mirror the Persian Zoroastrian metaphysical nemesis, whose name escapes me. Jewish Satanic references (See: Old Testament) seem to hold Satan as a subservient, but diametrically-opposed being, who can only act under God's permission.

Choronzon - or different pantheon?

Charley
Mar 18th, 2004, 11:49:46 AM
Different. It starts with an A

Originally posted by Damon the Shade
I'm going to geyt butcherd over my beliefs someday i just know it. If God is so perfect why are all his creations not perfect. Also there is no such thing as Satan or Hell. Deaht is just the next level of evolution. Funny thing is I'm not athiest (sp). IMO there is no lwrong relegion although humans screwed up relegion by making it a belief instead of an Idea.

BTW the woman is clearly nuts and she has no right to tell people what then can and can't say or believe in.

Thanks for posting and clearing that one up. We were all trying to figure that one out until you solved it.

Damon the Shade
Mar 18th, 2004, 01:18:37 PM
Yank yank

Just sharing my opinion if you don't like it shove it!

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 18th, 2004, 01:19:50 PM
Opinions should be shared as opinions, not as fact. In other news, drop it.

Charley
Mar 18th, 2004, 01:21:52 PM
Originally posted by Damon the Shade
Yank yank

Just sharing my opinion if you don't like it shove it!

:cry ur so mean

imported_Blade Ice
Mar 18th, 2004, 01:38:11 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Opinions should be shared as opinions, not as fact. In other news, drop it.

Very first sentence of Mr. shades post states My belief meaning his opinion. Thats my two cents I'm done.