PDA

View Full Version : New tricks(Spada)

Shade Magus
Mar 14th, 2004, 08:29:36 PM
Shade sat cross legged in the middle of the meditation room and called out to his apprentice Spada.

spada
Mar 15th, 2004, 07:45:23 PM
Spada, also in meditation, broke from it and walked over to Shade who was sitting down.

"Yes, Master?"

Shade Magus
Mar 16th, 2004, 01:12:21 PM
"You have asked me before, if I can teach you the technique that a Jedi uses to influence another's mind. I was just wondering if you would like to learn it today."

spada
Mar 16th, 2004, 03:09:21 PM
Spada nodded, holding in his excitement.

"That would be good. I've been reading up on it and have an idea of its extents."

Shade Magus
Mar 17th, 2004, 05:49:51 PM
"I expected that you might. Now before we begin you must understand that this is a very powerful, yet simple technique. To control another goes against a lot of what the Jedi stand for in my opinion, but I do find it necessary sometimes. Now before we begin you must clear your mind. Reach out with your Force awareness. Kel-Dors have the natural ability to reach into another's mind and this will help you. Try to delve into my mind, but not to far. I have built up natural defensives in there, you can only go as far as I allow. Try to connect your thoughts with mine."

spada
Mar 20th, 2004, 10:16:32 AM
Spada nodded and began to enter Shade's mind. Memories began to flood over Spada's mind very quickly. He concentrated harder and Shade's thoughts began to enter his mind. He focused as hard as he could on connecting their thoughts, but he could not find a way to place the thoughts in Shade's mind.

He released himself from Shade's mind and said,

"I entered your thoughts, but for some reason I could not find a way to put thoughts in your head."

Shade Magus
Mar 20th, 2004, 03:52:11 PM
"I know. First off, these tricks will only work on a mind weaker than yours. I have spent years building defenses around my mind, so that it is hard even for a Jedi Master to break in there. Now I am going to try and slowly lower them, now reach in, but be subtle. The trick is to not let someone know that you are in here."

Shade tapped his head.

spada
Mar 20th, 2004, 04:11:56 PM
"I see."

Spada entered Shade's mind less aggresively as the first time and began to pick up his thoughts much quicker. He then connected his mind to Shade's, and the thoughts from two minds rushed into his head. He then thought to himself, hoping that it would transfer to Shade,

'I should tell Spada everything that he needs to work on.'

he released the control and asked,

"Did the thought pop into your head?"

Shade Magus
Mar 20th, 2004, 04:16:23 PM
A frown came over Shade's face.

"Did you try and tell me something about working out?"

spada
Mar 20th, 2004, 04:38:22 PM
"Well...sort of... I guess I didn't implant the thought as well as is needed."

Shade Magus
Mar 20th, 2004, 04:40:52 PM
"Maybe. Have you ever noticed that a Jedi waves his hand slwoly when using this trick? It is so that the persons attention is focused on them. It allows for easier communication. Also try speaking aloud. It should help get the message across clearly."

spada
Mar 24th, 2004, 04:24:21 PM
Spada nodded,

"Alright."

He waved his hand in front of Shade and at the same time reached into his thoughts, connecting his and Shade's together. He quietly said,

"You will turn on your lightsaber."

entering Shade's mind at the same time was a thought of turning his lightsaber on.

Shade Magus
Mar 25th, 2004, 01:33:48 PM
Shade had let go of his mind, letting it wonder, and before he knew what he was doing, his lightsaber was in his hand and his thumb on the activation pad. It took alot of mindd power not to turn the weapon on, but he managed.

"Whoa! It looks like Kel-Dors have a natural ease at this. Not many could get that far with me. With a little pracitce you could become a great menatlist."

spada
Mar 25th, 2004, 06:21:33 PM
Spada breathed a sigh of relief through his mask. Shade's confidence in him helped him to become more relaxed, and he was happy that he was able to get the mind trick working.

"Ok, so what is next?"

Shade Magus
Mar 26th, 2004, 01:16:33 PM
"Well...since I see you have a lot of potenial in the menatlist department, maybe you should try illusions or empathy. Which would you prefer to learn first?"

spada
Mar 26th, 2004, 03:40:50 PM
"Well, could you explain to me what they are?"

spada
Mar 26th, 2004, 03:40:50 PM
"Well, could you explain to me what they are?"

Shade Magus
Mar 26th, 2004, 04:52:14 PM
"Well...the art of illusions consists of being able to project one's thoughts into another's mind, but at a different level. It involves makings one's mind think something is real, such as a flame or smoke. Things of that nature. Empathy is along the same lines of your ability to read minds, but it involves being able to read one's emotions as well."

spada
Mar 26th, 2004, 05:15:00 PM
"Illusions sounds like the best bet. I already can pick up traces of how a person feels, and the illusion seems the most useful for me."

Shade Magus
Mar 26th, 2004, 05:21:35 PM
"Alright then. Now for this, you are going to have to use the same techniques you used to reach into one's mind, but you'll have to be more...aggressive is the word I believe, and it will drain a lot more enegry until you become profecient at it. you have to not only place the thought that there is something there, but give it texture and smell."

spada
Mar 27th, 2004, 07:20:04 AM
Spada nodded, saying,

"I think for this run I'll do something without a distinct smell until I get the hang of it."

Spada reached his mind towards Shade and connected with his thoughts. The normal confusing voices were blocked out as Spada concentrated as hard as he could. His head was searing with pain, but he focused on planting a glass on the table in the room. He held it there as long as possible and suddenly broke concentration, sitting himself down and holding his head in his hands.

Shade Magus
Mar 27th, 2004, 07:13:00 PM
Shade moved quickly to put a hand on Spada's shoulder.

"Hey. You ok?"

spada
Mar 27th, 2004, 09:20:41 PM
Spada nodded, answering,

"I'm...I'm ok. I just need to practice more."

Shade Magus
Mar 28th, 2004, 06:06:45 PM
"It's ok. You did good for your first try. We'll just keep ging when you are ready."

spada
Mar 28th, 2004, 06:26:44 PM
"I'm ready."

Spada focused his mind on Shade's and entered his thoughts. He found trouble focusing on his thoughts and focused hard to find the senspry part of the brain. He suddenly stopped looking around and he suddenly began to see things in his mind's eye. He then realised that this was what Shade was seeing. He then focused on planting a ball on front of Shade, attempting to 'implant' the image in his eyes.

Shade Magus
Mar 28th, 2004, 06:49:31 PM
Shade smiled as the image took shape. He could see the ball almost clearly.

"Good, very good. Now try and change the color."

spada
Mar 28th, 2004, 07:38:32 PM
Spada held his concentration and tried to picture in his minds eye an orange ball. Then he focused again and tried to change the ball to make it shiny.

Shade Magus
Mar 29th, 2004, 04:52:02 PM
Shade nodded, as the image changed.

"Very good Spada. You are doing well."

spada
Mar 29th, 2004, 06:19:56 PM
Spada did not stop there. He began to feel dazed from being locked with Shade's mind but continued. He focused to make the ball in Shade's vision move in a circle. He then focused even harder and tried to enter the part of the brain which controlled his master's sense of smell while staying attached to his vision. It was too much for him to take. He began shaking and suddenly felt like he was struck in the back of the head. He suddenly fell to the ground and passed out for a few moments before coming to his senses.

Shade Magus
Mar 30th, 2004, 05:06:26 PM
Shade caught Spada and laid him gently to the ground. He placed a hand over Spada's head and let the Force flow through him into the Kel-Dor's body. He sat back, waiting for Spada to come around.

spada
Mar 30th, 2004, 05:54:53 PM
Spada shook his head side to side as he stood up, as if he would 'shake out' the feeling that he just had.

Perhaps I was straining my mind too hard. Now my head is hurting a bit."

Shade Magus
Mar 30th, 2004, 08:04:33 PM
Shade smiled, Spada would be ok.

"Yes you were. You are not used to this, but as time passes you will get better."

spada
Mar 31st, 2004, 04:52:20 PM
Spada nodded, taking his hands off his head.

"Should I try again?"

Shade Magus
Mar 31st, 2004, 04:56:02 PM
"That is up to you, but remember don't hurt yourself."

spada
Mar 31st, 2004, 08:22:35 PM
Spada nodded, saying,

"I think I'll try one more time."

He reached out with his mind and entered Shade's mind, connecting his sense of smell with Shade's. He focused hard and thought of the time he had visited Kashyyyk. He began to try to replicate the smell of the trees and the fresh air and send it into Shade's mind. He divided his focus for a moment and attempted to see through Shade's eyes. He concentrated less on Shade's sense of smell and began to see and smell what Shade was smelling. He remembered disembarking from his father's ship and seeing the huge tree trunks and branches on the top. He tried to place this memory into Shade's mind so that he would see and smell the tree.

Shade Magus
Apr 1st, 2004, 01:51:49 PM
Shade relaxed his mind to help Spada, and when he did a familiar smell became noticeable, but he could not place it. Where had he smelled that before? Kashyyyk! Of course, he had been there before. Come to think of it, the Jedi could now see a few more trees.

spada
Apr 7th, 2004, 06:52:42 PM
Spada released his concentration, saying,

"Did it work? What did you see?"

Shade Magus
Apr 7th, 2004, 07:00:31 PM
"A few more trees, and there was this familiar smell."

spada
Apr 8th, 2004, 09:23:30 AM
Spada nodded,

"Kashyyyk. I tried to implant the trees and the way Kashyyyk smelled. Was the image hazy?"

Shade Magus
Apr 8th, 2004, 01:56:06 PM
"Yes it was, but still to do something that advanced at your level is most amazing. Why not try someting simpler and let's see how that works out."

spada
Apr 8th, 2004, 03:21:51 PM
Spada nodded and took a few breaths. He concentrated on Shade and entered his mind again. He entered the audial section of his mind and implanted a sound similar to a scurrying. He divided his concentration and concentrated on Shade's ocular section of his mind and tried to implant an image of a small animal he had seen often on Dorin.

Shade Magus
Apr 8th, 2004, 03:26:43 PM
Shade could clearly see the small animal scurrying across the ground and he nodded, a smile of approval on his face.

"Very good Spada. It is rare for one to have such great mental abilities, but you are indeed gifted in that area."

spada
Apr 8th, 2004, 04:10:06 PM
Spada released his concentraton and bowed to Shade,

"It is an honor to hear that from you master."

He crossed his arms behind his back and said,

"Anything else for today?"

Shade Magus
Apr 8th, 2004, 04:16:58 PM
Shade stood up and dusted off his hands.

"No. You have done well for today. We will continue later."

spada
Apr 8th, 2004, 04:24:41 PM
Spada nodded and said,

"Thank you for the lesson, master."

Shade Magus
Apr 8th, 2004, 04:28:36 PM
"No problem at all."

Shade turned and walked out of the training ground, proud of Spada's progression.